Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. You may want to do a bit of reading on how the phrase "crime of passion" has been used in previous cases.
Warning graphic There are many definitions of "crime of passion", during the heat of an argument, being enraged, etc. Some states use it in their charging statutes, in a narrow definition, and include some type of provocation. Strangulation is common in domestic violence-related murder, as a crime of passion, and can be charged as premediated because, during the act of compressing the airway, the victim will suffer "air panic", they fight, claw the hands, scratch their own neck, break their nails. The strangler may have to adjust their grip, there might be multiple areas of trauma, showing a release and restarting pressure. When it becomes reasonable to assume the strangler knows they are interfering with breathing and causing injury, then it becomes premeditated, even if it was never planned. I have seen this being described as "premeditation can happen in the blink of an eye."

I hate that the above is the only post I've made on Gabby's threads, but I have been totally crushed by her last days and the ending of her life. She was naturally a bright, shining young lady, and it's so hard to think of her life being snuffed out.

If that is Brian's partial remains, I'm going to try to follow Gabby's advice. While I'd love to see him spend the rest of his life in a small room with bars, he still has paid a high price. Remember what Gabby said .. "Let It Be."

JMO

And that's what I want for her family. If this is the "dead" ending it seems, I hope they ultimately see it as a good thing. I think the less of their lives they spend focused on Brian and the crime the better they can be at peace and remember Gabby in the positive way they've begun, with the foundation and enjoying life with Gabby's brothers & sisters.

I've followed too many trials with grief-stricken families watching the rights of the defendant be protected. Some seem stunned. Victims & families don't really understand that the trial is not at all about the victim. It's about the defendant and his rights and ensuring the process is fair to HIM and that the prosecution meets their high burden. The victim is not given any preferential treatment.

Well, back in September when they reported him missing and believed he could harm himself, they told LE exactly where they thought he was. And they were right. He was where they said he was, and he (presumedly, we'll wait and see) has killed himself. I don't see that as "finally telling police" - that's what they said the night they reported him missing and that's why the FBI was searching right there for weeks.
I agree. They (le) were told were he could be, and presumably, he is.

There's no proof it even came from that area if the only people who found it were the L's without any other witnesses. There could have been more evidence that was taken from the scene and not handed over to police. Who knows at this point. The fingerprints or DNA aren't the issue because, as you mentioned, it's supposedly been out in the elements and possibly underwater for a month. IMO.
A reporter was walking behind them while they searched and found the bag.

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1450946426343677953

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie's parents search Florida park near North Port home

Picture the scene. You're searching for your missing son who you believe may have killed himself. You see an item that looks likes his.

Based on the above do you:

a. say oh wait a second this could be a crime scene better not touch it.
b. Do you instinctively pick it up, but then head straight to LE with said item?
A is 100% the obvious answer to me (and I’m assuming to parents who are literally searching WITH LE).

None of this is adding up for me.

The Laundries knew exactly, EXACTLY where to look. Why did they know that? It was a seemingly random spot off the trail, not some campground or obvious place to take a rest, like a bench, or a streamside.

They just HAVE TO have known a lot more than we know about.

He had to have communicated with them from inside the reserve.

They had to have had some way to know that something was wrong -- like he had been calling and texting and then suddenly stopped, or he told them he was going to kill himself and they were too afraid to tell the FBI exactly where he was because they were worried about legal repercussions and then finally, they realized that the FBI would never find him and they caved in... something.

There is no way that the FBI didn't have a really good reason to keep searching there, and there is no way that the Laundries just got lucky in finding his things today. Just no way.

There is a lot we don't know yet, IMO.
I think the parents were communicating with him and then at some point he went silent. At that point the parents decided to negotiate some type of immunity with LE for themselves for any culpability in hiding his location. In return they would lead LE to Brian. IMO

Picture the scene. You're searching for your missing son who you believe may have killed himself. You see an item that looks likes his.

Based on the above do you:

a. say oh wait a second this could be a crime scene better not touch it.
b. Do you instinctively pick it up, but then head straight to LE with said item?

A.

Then call police to investigate. I stay out of their investigation and do NOT interfere with it.

If the remains are BL's (and they probably are) then I feel terrible for Gabby's family, they will never get the answers as to why he killed their beautiful daughter.

I hope for their sake that the Laundries and their daughter come clean about what thy knew and when. They need to explain themselves - mostly for torturing Gabby's family by not responding to their calls/texts when Gabby was missing.

****Joseph Petito DID NOT go the Laundrie home on Sept 10. Whatever the 9/11 call for the disturbance was it was NOT due to him going to their house.

The Laundries knew exactly, EXACTLY where to look. Why did they know that? It was a seemingly random spot off the trail, not some campground or obvious place to take a rest, like a bench, or a streamside.

They had to have had some way to know that something was wrong -- like he had been calling and texting and then suddenly stopped, or he told them he was going to kill himself and they were too afraid to tell the FBI exactly where he was because they were worried about legal repercussions and then finally, they realized that the FBI would never find him and they caved in... something.

There is no way that the FBI didn't have a really good reason to keep searching there, and there is no way that the Laundries just got lucky in finding his things today. Just no way.

I think it's as simple as the L's knowing about where he was in the reserve and LE didn't find him due to the water. The L's knew about where to look today and since the water has recently receded, well, boom.

I think the parents were communicating with him and then at some point he went silent. At that point the parents decided to negotiate some type of immunity with LE for themselves for any culpability in hiding his location. In return they would lead LE to Brian. IMO
I tend to agree. It just seems so curious that in that large space, they knew EXACTLY where to go. Like maybe they had actually been there to see him at some point.

There's no proof it even came from that area if the only people who found it were the L's without any other witnesses. There could have been more evidence that was taken from the scene and not handed over to police. Who knows at this point. The fingerprints or DNA aren't the issue because, as you mentioned, it's supposedly been out in the elements and possibly underwater for a month. IMO.
I want to know who was filming CL when he went straight to the bag and found it?

Legally, what they did might have been correct. That is, invoking 5th amendment and refuse to help with the investigation. They did everything they did to help BL get a day in court where they might have a chance to cast doubt on the evidence presented.

But truthfully, IMO, if they had just turned him in (which I know is the hardest thing to do as a parent), he might have been alive now. Maybe if they had told LE that he is in the reserve the day he went there, he might be alive now.
He went on the 13th but they were frantic about their son missing only on the 17th which leads me to believe they were in contact with him till then. The more it rained, the more frantic they would have been. He could have slept in the car at night. Don't know why they would bring it back either. This whole thing just makes me sad.

I don't know if LE had him under surveillance or not. He was the only person of interest in this case. The missing person's report was on 11th. He disappeared on the 13th. Even if he wasn't named as a person of interest at that point, wouldn't LE have eyes on him?

I keep coming back to the same concept. We're making this too complicated. Sometimes things really are as they seem. It's been proven, imo, right here today.

BL goes missing, his car is abandoned, he leaves his new phone and wallet behind, and his parents are concerned he might harm himself.

And it looks like BL did just that.

Yeah, there are strange happenings surrounding it, but there is a bigger picture.

Same thing with LE searching at the reserve and park. LE said they were working off intel, and that the parents said they thought he was there, so they searched, for over a month, talking about fluctuating water levels the entire time.

And it looks like BL was there the whole time.

It really might be as simple as that.

And I really believe what you explained is exactly what happened. There wasn't some vast conspiracy and a long drawn out plan to help BL allude LE. LE told us where he was by their actions. They spent a lot of resources trying to locate him. Apparently, he was already deceased and located in an area previously flooded. So all these pages upon pages of criticism leveled at both LE and the family were unwarranted and certainly unsubstantiated.

If there is any evidence of a conspiracy I hope it sees the light of day.

JMO

If the Laundries called Gabby's parents on 9/11 to say they didn't know where she was, Gabby would still be dead. One person is responsible for killing Gabby and that's Brian IMO. Brian is dead so everyone wants to find someone else to blame and I get it. But guilt by association is dangerous and you should consider if it's something you really believe in.

When you post things like family members are responsible for what other family members do, you're indicting a lot of people. There are posters who have gone through abuse, neglect, violence, and crime in their own families. There are people who have lost loved ones to suicide. There are people graciously raising their grandchildren because of problems with their own children. There are people who have lost loved ones to gangs or crime. When you start saying that all of those people are bad because they are somehow associated with crime, you're wrong.

It costs you nothing to be kind and you get paid nothing for saucy posts so choose wisely.
I’ve been through some of what you’ve mentioned but it’s a personal story so I won’t delve deeper.
We’re all human at the end of the day and we have emotional reactions. I think what people can’t understand is the lack of humanity and morality, not talking to GP’s family and not reporting BL missing for 3/4 days, especially when their lawyer has stated they were worried BL may harm himself in the early days of him being missing. I personally find it alien, today is the first time we’ve seen any emotion from them and it does make people uncomfortable, they’ve been gardening and shopping whilst their son has been the reason for a massive manhunt and a POI in gabbys murder/disappearance, FBI agents potentially risking their lives in the preserve and they’re gardening. It comes across as a massive lack of emotion. I realise they couldn’t go to the preserve until allowed but it came across like they didn’t give a damn about their son or gabby or Cassie and her kids (from her interview)
As much as you want us to understand your point of view there is also another point of view.
I’m a mother and I would be screaming from the rooftops find my child now. But we got nothing, no appeals for or to BL, nothing. It comes across as a lack of empathy and humanity. It’s their right to not speak but in the circumstances when they’re lawyer won’t shut up they still remain silent.
Just odd to me. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member