Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you getting 9am from @WiseOwl? Was it another source? Just glancing at the review document, which confirms that JM reported at the Bucks probation office as scheduled on 15/2/19 but it doesn't say what time.

If it really was at 9am, then there's a limit, I think, to how far away the prison he was released from could have been.

If he was a Cat A prisoner, then apart from Woodhill the only others even remotely in striking distance are Whitemoor in Cambs and Long Lartin in Worcs. But he may not have been a Cat A prisoner by the time of his release. I'll read the review properly later and see if it sheds any light. Thank you for posting it.
Interesting. The police would have access to the details of where he was held, where he reported to and at what time. If it is feasible that he abducted Leah, they surely would investigate him further.

Evening everyone. Lots to catch up on. And many new members.

I wanted to divert back to this witness account Sighting of mysterious man 'hiding' female in car emerges on the day Leah Croucher disappeared in Milton Keynes

Unthread- I’m sorry I can’t recall who said it but it was called into question how the female witness could identify the clothing etc without being able to see the number plate.

I know this area and I think I have the right junction- she mentions onto the h7.
If the witness was queued in traffic there are many side slip roads that join onto the dual carriageways in MK. It is entirely plausible that the witness could see the side profile/inside of the car clearly but not the number plate. The roundabouts in MK can really hold the traffic up and cars do generally give way- and it’s not easy to make a quick U Turn in MK due to dual carriageways.

The witness describes a car two ahead who let’s the car out so this explains why she couldn’t see the number plate and above I explain why she couldn’t follow.

I think this is the most credible description we have and it should be given more focus. Could this car have been linked to Eaton bray address?

For record I don’t think that red blanket is Leah but as we know police did search that location it could be the vehicle that was the link?? If that vehicle was identified/caught on cctv in MK

what a lot of the recent articles highlight is that many witnesses didn’t feel this was handled by TVP well at all-

and if, I say if, JMcC is involved there is another huge police failing of multiple areas that could open a huge can of worms.

Leah, we are all still looking.

I wanted to divert back to this witness account Sighting of mysterious man 'hiding' female in car emerges on the day Leah Croucher disappeared in Milton Keynes

Unthread- I’m sorry I can’t recall who said it but it was called into question how the female witness could identify the clothing etc without being able to see the number plate.

SBM

It was me, amongst others. The witness was very specific about the fact that the driver's jacket was long, not short. Some of us questioned how you would be at an angle to see that without being at very close quarters.

Where are you getting 9am from @WiseOwl? Was it another source? Just glancing at the review document, which confirms that JM reported at the Bucks probation office as scheduled on 15/2/19 but it doesn't say what time.

If it really was at 9am, then there's a limit, I think, to how far away the prison he was released from could have been.

If he was a Cat A prisoner, then apart from Woodhill the only others even remotely in striking distance are Whitemoor in Cambs and Long Lartin in Worcs. But he may not have been a Cat A prisoner by the time of his release. I'll read the review properly later and see if it sheds any light. Thank you for posting it.

Hi @ JuicyLucy,

I've been over Thread #1 but I can't find the post I was looking for. From what I can remember they said JM was released from prison (don't know which one) at 6 am and had to report to a Probation Office at 9 am, but I don't know where they got this info from.

I'll go through Thread #2 tomorrow!

Hi @ JuicyLucy,

I've been over Thread #1 but I can't find the post I was looking for. From what I can remember they said JM was released from prison (don't know which one) at 6 am and had to report to a Probation Office at 9 am, but I don't know where they got this info from.

I'll go through Thread #2 tomorrow!

Dedicated sleuthing in itself!

SBM

It was me, amongst others. The witness was very specific about the fact that the driver's jacket was long, not short. Some of us questioned how you would be at an angle to see that without being at very close quarters.
Yes I can understand but in equal measure if you (the witness) are sure of something perhaps that’s why she is definitely staying it was long? I’ll admit it’s an unusual detail that made me Re read but then I thought about the junctions and googled men’s jackets to see if i had pre formed decisions on their length.

I’m not sure it’s a detail I would mention unless I was certain…

For example. Double breasted men’s wool coat- is usually long.
demin jacket- usually short.
puffer jacket- men’s usually short
Rain Mac- usually long
Hooded rainjacket- questionable- usually long one might argue.
Does that make sense?

I am aware that this never made the press or announced by TVP until now and I do wonder how they could so surely discount it when they’ve never been able to do that with the crying girl at the lake.

I’ve gone back over her statement of a ‘long tan coat maybe leather’ on a google search there are not many like that… they tend to all be short styles-

also her reference to the shoes on the dash board- dark soles not trainers with white soles-
I can’t recall what the shoes they think Leah was wearing when she disappeared? But I feel like I have a recollection it was converse- these usually have white soles? The witness says dark soles. can anyone remember?

I’ve gone back over her statement of a ‘long tan coat maybe leather’ on a google search there are not many like that… they tend to all be short styles-

also her reference to the shoes on the dash board- dark soles not trainers with white soles-
I can’t recall what the shoes they think Leah was wearing when she disappeared? But I feel like I have a recollection it was converse- these usually have white soles? The witness says dark soles. can anyone remember?

Hi @Spiderplant,

Description of missing clothes, including shoes, here:

Leah Croucher: Clothes appeal in missing teen case

Yes I can understand but in equal measure if you (the witness) are sure of something perhaps that’s why she is definitely staying it was long? I’ll admit it’s an unusual detail that made me Re read but then I thought about the junctions and googled men’s jackets to see if i had pre formed decisions on their length.

I’m not sure it’s a detail I would mention unless I was certain…

For example. Double breasted men’s wool coat- is usually long.
demin jacket- usually short.
puffer jacket- men’s usually short
Rain Mac- usually long
Hooded rainjacket- questionable- usually long one might argue.
Does that make sense?

I am aware that this never made the press or announced by TVP until now and I do wonder how they could so surely discount it when they’ve never been able to do that with the crying girl at the lake.

Yes, but what I don't believe is that from the vantage point she describes she could actually see what length the coat was. Sure, she could look at the style and make a guess or assumption, and she could even be confident her guess was right, but if she wasn't in a location that enabled her to actually see it, then it's bogus information imo.

As for how confident the police were to discount it as a sighting, my best guess is that this witness is known to them and not credible for some reason. That might be because she reponds to appeals claiming to have seen implausible things on a regular basis perhaps, or it may be because she's X's mother, or any of a whole host of reasons. Of course they may not have actively discounted it, so much as failed to follow up appropriately.

Either way, her certainty about the length of his coat from the distance stated doesn't ring true for me, unless the car has transparent sides or she'd seen him on foot previously/subsequently.

JMO

Very interesting observation re the dash feet vehicle being somehow connected to Eaton Bray. If the witness were in a van or higher seated vehicle she would have had a better look at the jacket.
I thought this witness seemed credible, but it may as someone else pointed out be a roughian slapping his teenage daughter. The mother walking her kid to school who passed Leah on a daily basis I thought seemed very credible too. Am not sure about the thumb texting girl seen crying by the lake I don’t think this was her somehow because of her phone dropping off the network at 8:34. Saint I just read some of the replies by local residents re the Traveller site having the money invested into it. looks like the villages have a lot of problems from them. I did wonder about the possibility of HF since she was listed as a horse trader having some dodgy dealings with the travellers that went wrong. That could explain why she had to vacate fast, either that or the mortgages companies could have been coming after her. I still don’t understand even if Old Ley Farm went to auction how it sold for nearly 500 k less than it Hunters listing 1 year prior. It was then divided down the middle I assume by developers who wanted the land then relisted without those barns and the land to the east of the building.

Last edited:
Did anyone find out whether JMCC is dead? One would hope and assume police had already looked into him.
There strangely no mention of JMCC being deceased apart from the one mention on Wikipedia. Anyone can edit information on there.

Last edited:
There strangely no mention of him being deceased apart from the one mention on Wikipedia. Maybe someone got a bit muddled with his brother who suicided in prison as anyone can edit information on there.
It’s such a strong lead if he had been released at 6 am!!!!!Someone made a very good point about every offender having a first, and it could have been unintended. Years back there was a sicko forcing their way women’s cars once they had paid for fuel and trying to rape them when they were filling up at gas stations along the A5.

It’s such a strong lead if he had been released at 6 am!!!!!Someone made a very good point about every offender having a first, and it could have been unintended. Years back there was a sicko forcing their way women’s cars once they had paid for fuel and trying to rape them when they were filling up at gas stations along the A5.

I also appears that there may have been others involved with assisting JMCC after his release from prison although I cannot find any later evidence of this.
Joseph McCann GUILTY of rapes on cocaine and vodka-fuelled rampage
'Four men and two women were also arrested on suspicion of assisting McCann and released under investigation'.

Very interesting observation re the dash feet vehicle being somehow connected to Eaton Bray. If the witness were in a van or higher seated vehicle she would have had a better look at the jacket.
I thought this witness seemed credible, but it may as someone else pointed out be a roughian slapping his teenage daughter. The mother walking her kid to school who passed Leah on a daily basis I thought seemed very credible too. Am not sure about the thumb texting girl seen crying by the lake I don’t think this was her somehow because of her phone dropping off the network at 8:34. Saint I just read some of the replies by local residents re the Traveller site having the money invested into it. looks like the villages have a lot of problems from them. I did wonder about the possibility of HF since she was listed as a horse trader having some dodgy dealings with the travellers that went wrong. That could explain why she had to vacate fast, either that or the mortgages companies could have been coming after her. I still don’t understand even if Old Ley Farm went to auction how it sold for nearly 500 k less than it Hunters listing 1 year prior. It was then divided down the middle I assume by developers who wanted the land then relisted without those barns and the land to the east of the building.
This is another reason why rapist and kidnapper JMCC would be on my list of suspects. According to quite a few of the newspaper articles shared in previous postings he is said to be from a travellers background which would fit in with what you have said about your theory. Also regarding the coat he does have a mid length coat seen on the Manchester CCTV photo Joseph McCann made victim watch him sexually assault her 11-year-old son
The black car I previously mentioned he owned could have been the car he stole later from an elderly lady. If not that would be of interest regarding the black car lake sighting. The M.O.T history shows a child seat fitted at some point so could have well been a child lock on the door of the car which would have assisted in holding his kidnap victims in the car.
If he laced his victims with cocaine as previously quoted from a newspaper article then anything could happen even if not an intended Modus Operandi.
I really want to find out his location on 15th November 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave