Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who say Brian had no guilt or remorse or was a raging sociopath or serial killer or was evil personified, I just don’t see it. I see an insecure dweeb who is probably very sensitive and easily offended. and In my mind everything he did since the murder screamed that he knew he made the ultimate mistake and there was no way out.
100% agree with this. He did a horrible thing but painting him out to be a serial killer or psychopath is irresponsible and detaches his humanity from the situation. People didn't see this coming with him -- that's the lesson here... That even the couples who you least expect could be experiencing domestic violence behind closed doors.

Extremely. But it also fits with how this case has gone from the beginning. IMO

Yes there might be.

And now other prints are on it, which muddles the investigation.

And there would be no good excuse for LE to not use gloves when handling evidence. It's Criminal Investigations 101.

MOO
I agree. The bag may have been under water, it may have been weeks. But it may not. At this point, there is no story so until there is it should be handled properly. IMO

Perhaps he didn't see the bag as evidence because he doesn't think there's a crime to solve. He only saw it as a clue that his son may be nearby....and probably at that moment knew for sure his son was dead. Who would think clearly at that moment?

BBM

How could he not know there's a crime to solve? Everyone has known for some time there's an unsolved crime.

It has been established that his son BL is a POI in the manual strangulation death of Gabby, he has been charged with theft of her credit cards, and he's been on the run from the law.

People didn't see this coming with him -- that's the lesson here... That even the couples who you least expect could be experiencing domestic violence behind closed doors.

That could be said about many many serial killers, psychopaths, and murderers too. Not saying he was because I don't know but it's well known many killers hide in plain sight.

the deal with fingerprinting...
if the parents touched it and moved it, their prints are now on it... if they didn't touch it, then their prints would never have been on it.... unless they planted that bag... earlier, for brian.
I don't think they planted it yesterday, but I think they may have dropped it off at some point earlier, when Brian first leftor when they came an got the car. when they went searching yesterday finding that bag to them meant brian never go it, so they realized if fingerprinted their prints would be on it... maybe or maybe not brians, but reason to go ahead and pick up without gloves to avoid being charged
They lived in the same house. My fingerprints are all over everything in my house. Even things that don't belong to me. "You left your bag on the kitchen table again!" and you move it to their room. Or "Wait, you forgot your bag" and you hand it to them. So I think it would be reasonable to expect the parents fingerprints on the bag or other items.

100% agree with this. He did a horrible thing but painting him out to be a serial killer or psychopath is irresponsible and detaches his humanity from the situation. People didn't see this coming with him -- that's the lesson here... That even the couples who you least expect could be experiencing domestic violence behind closed doors.
And factor in some other things we can’t discuss on WS, then there’s a recipe for disaster. MOO.

why though? I mean they've found the remains, now just looking for the rest of anything... what else could they possibly find at this point that would change things pending the ME report.

possibly a weapon (missing gun?)
communication device (if there are potential charges for aiding and abetting in the works)
additional notebooks or notes
more remains
supplies he may have used to help determine TOD
we still don’t know where Gabbys phone is (afaik)
Other items belonging to Gabby
Items from the van possibly used during/in the murder (tent, blankets, etc)
I also imagine LE would like to collect everything connected to BL to prevent his parents or the public from potentially finding it and spinning a different narrative or monetizing it or claiming the search wasn’t thorough.
I’m pretty sure the L’s and the public will visit the area when it’s reopened. LE would not want bones or other items found by civilians.

I think people are more comfortable with a serial killer explanation. It's simpler to have everyone be either black or white. He could definitely be an habitual abuser and controlling without being a serial killer and we all know people like that.
I didn't accuse him of being a serial killer, but he most definitely fits the description of a sociopath. Those claiming he had mental illness have absolutely no proof of that either. So we all have our own opinions on why this tragedy happened to such a sweet young lady. Jmo

That could be said about many many serial killers, psychopaths, and murderers too. Not saying he was because I don't know but it's well known many killers hide in plain sight.
Just went ahead and deleted my comment since it was too close to mental health topic.

I think they need to confirm that there were no other prints on it (if someone else had it) or even just to confirm that its his?! I dont know... nothing about this case has made much sense since it started to be honest. MOO

I just don't see why it would matter. If it's his, his parents already identified it, and if it's not, it's just some lost backpack. I doubt they fingerprint all lost and found items. JMO

BBM

How could he not know there's a crime to solve? Everyone has known for some time there's an unsolved crime.

It has been established that his son BL is a POI in the manual strangulation death of Gabby, he has been charged with theft of her credit cards, and he's been on the run from the law.
In all fairness, the outside of a drypack potentially having CLs fingerprints on it, does absolutely nothing to hurt any investigation. Nor does him removing it from where it was found. There's ample video evidence of where it was found from media. Removing it so that media didn't walk over and film up close or even open it actually seems the more prudent thing to do. IMO.

BBM

the 2 LE who went to meet the couple at the reserve should have come equipped imo.
and the Laundries should also have been given gloves. the entire scene yesterday just looked so unprofessional

I don't trust a word that comes out of that attorney's mouth. He hasn't been sworn in and can say whatever he wants until he gets in front of a judge. IMO.

I don't trust anything he or any member of the Laundrie family says. They lost me the day I found out that they refused to speak to authorities and wouldn't talk to the Petito's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea