Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT 21, 2021
Brian Laundrie search: FBI says likely human remains found | wtsp.com
A day after the FBI said it believes agents found human remains near Brian Laundrie's belongings, his parents won't be returning to the Carlton Reserve area to join the continued search, the family attorney said.

"We have no new information as we will be waiting [for] the forensic reports like everyone else," Steven Bertolino to 10 Tampa Bay.

[,,,]

the deal with fingerprinting...
if the parents touched it and moved it, their prints are now on it... if they didn't touch it, then their prints would never have been on it.... unless they planted that bag... earlier, for brian.
I don't think they planted it yesterday, but I think they may have dropped it off at some point earlier, when Brian first leftor when they came an got the car. when they went searching yesterday finding that bag to them meant brian never go it, so they realized if fingerprinted their prints would be on it... maybe or maybe not brians, but reason to go ahead and pick up without gloves to avoid being charged

Charged with what?

I think I missed three threads yesterday o_O, so please forgive me if this has already been answered, but do we know yet what the black object is?

Brian Laundrie search: Human remains found near fugitive's belongings in Florida park | Fox News
Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them.

OCT 21, 2021
Brian Laundrie search: FBI says likely human remains found | wtsp.com
A day after the FBI said it believes agents found human remains near Brian Laundrie's belongings, his parents won't be returning to the Carlton Reserve area to join the continued search, the family attorney said.

"We have no new information as we will be waiting [for] the forensic reports like everyone else," Steven Bertolino to 10 Tampa Bay.

[,,,]
They seem so sure it is him that it makes me wonder just how intact are the remains? Jmo

Extremely. But it also fits with how this case has gone from the beginning. IMO

Yes there might be.

And now other prints are on it, which muddles the investigation.

And there would be no good excuse for LE to not use gloves when handling evidence. It's Criminal Investigations 101.

MOO
It's not always easy to harvest fngerprints from rough surfaced objects that have been immersed in water for some time.
It's possible, but I'm not sure it's vital in this case.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...s_surfaces_recovered_from_fresh_and_sea_water

BBM

How could he not know there's a crime to solve? Everyone has known for some time there's an unsolved crime.

It has been established that his son BL is a POI in the manual strangulation death of Gabby, he has been charged with theft of her credit cards, and he's been on the run from the law.

But the bank fraud took place 8/30/21 - 9/1/21, and the murder took place in Wyoming. I don't think a swamp in October in Florida would have evidence of those crimes - particularly fingerprint evidence, which is what people seem to be concerned about in the mishandling of the bag. MOO

They seem so sure it is him that it makes me wonder just how intact are the remains? Jmo
"Partial remains" found in the same vicinity he was said to have disappeared and near his belongings...stands to reason they suspect it is him. Could be a torso, could be a limb. We will have to wait to find out. MOO

I think I missed three threads yesterday o_O, so please forgive me if this has already been answered, but do we know yet what the black object is?

Brian Laundrie search: Human remains found near fugitive's belongings in Florida park | Fox News
Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them.

We've been hearing notebook and backpack, and the same is stated in this link:

Brian Laundrie update: Investigators find possible remains, personal items in Florida

But the bank fraud took place 8/30/21 - 9/1/21, and the murder took place in Wyoming. I don't think a swamp in October in Florida would have evidence of those crimes - particularly fingerprint evidence, which is what people seem to be concerned about in the mishandling of the bag. MOO
I may have this wrong, but I think the OP meant that the parents could have dropped that bag off to him at an earlier time, but now after they were seen handling the bag no one will ever know when their fingerprints were left on it.
I think OP this was the point OP was making,but I could be wrong.

the 2 LE who went to meet the couple at the reserve should have come equipped imo.
and the Laundries should also have been given gloves. the entire scene yesterday just looked so unprofessional
JMHO
I think LE was humoring the Ls and truly did not expect any evidence to be found.
They went in pretty casually and, as a result, evidence was mishandled.

Cassie is very much on my mind this morning.
I sincerely hope her parents have reached out to bridge the gap she stated they created.
I hope she's okay.

Same. But I can't imagine she's anywhere close to okay.

If I'm Cassie, I would need some time to work through the impact of this to my own little family. And if I'm her parents, and if Cassie needs time...I suddenly understand what it feels like to want to communicate with someone who isn't responding.

wait a minute, the Laundries picked up a dark colored object and put it into the bag? That's concerning.

Everyone already knew that. SB has told us that from the beginning.

And because they chose not to speak publicly they were crucified by the public, including here. There's probably 40 threads beating up on them for not coming forward.

The only mistake I see them as making was not contacting Gabby's family at any point after September 1st when BL showed up with Gabby's van. That was a HUGE mistake and the Laundries have the rest of their lives to punish themselves for it. They owed nothing to the public, but the family they absolutely should have....

We've been hearing notebook and backpack, and the same is stated in this link:

Brian Laundrie update: Investigators find possible remains, personal items in Florida
But LE found the backpack on the other side of the trail, and I don't think it would fit in the dry bag would it? MOO

And because they chose not to speak publicly they were crucified by the public, including here. There's probably 40 threads beating up on them for not coming forward.

The only mistake I see them as making was not contacting Gabby's family at any point after September 1st when BL showed up with Gabby's van. That was a HUGE mistake and the Laundries have the rest of their lives to punish themselves for it. They owed nothing to the public, but the family they absolutely should have....
That wasn't a mistake. That was a CHOICE. And a bad one. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member