Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
the dry bag could be in the backpack to be carried because it rolls up and you take it out when you go near water hiking or in a boat. That said I find it strange that the dry bag was in a total different spot than the backpack and remains. why I'm suspicious that the dry bag was a dropoff by parents earlier for brian that he never made it to. they knew where it was, they picked it up, ruling out their fingerprints from earlier.
Unless an animal carried off the backpack or the dry bag don't see why they would be separated.
Hint. The dry bag is designed to float.

Hmmm seems pretty clear to me:

"Let the record be clear. The Laundrie's reported Brian did not come home the night he went out for the hike. I actually reported that to the FBI personally."

But when did he report it to the FBI personally? The Thursday 16th?

ETA Because the parents got the date of him going missing wrong to start with!

My mom continually asked me today how B's remains could be found if he were completely underwater (her words based off her takeaway from news reports). Hanging, I said. Same with the preservation of his notebook. Without going into graphic detail that's the best explanation I could give her.

Sorry, I'm not following...in a tree? That's why his bag was dry?

See, I don't see them being as confident as when GP was found, they made the initial ID pretty quickly. The only evidence that leads, at least me as the public, to be him is the items found and the location. So, not meaning to be graphic, but to me, it sounds like the remains are not easy to identify as to who it is and they will be relying on scientific evaluation instead. Which leaves the door open to all of the alternative scenarios.
With the way this case has gone, it's hard not to head down that alternative rabbit hole. I am not one for conspiracy theories at all but this leaves so many holes and suspicions on the table that it's hard not to let my mind wander that way.

On a different note, I watched Polly Klaas's father last night and he said that if he is indeed dead, that is the 'easiest' justice for the Ps/Ss. Because he will no longer be a subject of discussion and they will not have to go for years in the legal system with all of the reopening of the emotional wounds over and over. There is no such thing as closure when you have lost a loved one in such a violent way but this allows you to heal without starting all over again. Samantha Runyon's mother was on too and she agreed. I just can't even imagine but as much as we all want to see BL face justice for what he's done, at this point, the Ps/Ss deserve to be able to start healing..... And GPs foundation will go on to do amazing things.

Knowing how graceful the Petito/Schmidt family have been, I am sure they will release a statement once the body parts are ID'd. I think if the public hears from them that they feel that "justice" or whatever you want to call it has been served, people will respond positively to that. JMO.

There was a post earlier to the effect that the public got so deep into details, flying information, and unlikely, complex theories that we lost sight of the basic facts of the case and simple, obvious explanations.

Although the unexpected does happen, it's those explanations that are usually correct.

For example, many people twisted into pretzels trying to figure out why Brian would've killed Gabby, why the Laundries behaved as they did, how Brian would've gotten away to another country, why it looked like LE dropped the ball here or there, etc.

When maybe, the simplest explanations might be the case.

Maybe BL killed Gabby because he's an abuser and she did nothing wrong.
Maybe the Laundries looked like they were being heartless because they are.
Maybe BL ran away from his parents to kill himself nearby, and doesn't really have the skills of the Barefoot Bandit.
And maybe LE occasionally did make a mistake, instead of always having a good reason for doing what they did.

I'm just saying maybe.

MOO
Thank you. The voice of reason. Jmo

“The problem is people don’t understand that dogs are not body finders, they are odor hunters,” Hadsell, who wasn’t involved in the search for Laundrie but has assisted in searches at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, said.

“They chase the odor of human remains, and the problem is that there are times when odor is not making the best presentation,” he continued.

“In this case, the search conditions that they were in initially were really bad, so the probability was more in the 20 percent success rate because there was water in that area.”

But now that the area is dry and there is some breeze, Hadsell said it makes for “good sense cones” that “dogs can detect.”
Brian Laundrie case: Cadaver dogs may find more remains, experts say

I’m going to try to see if I can find the clip I previously talked about from Ashleigh Banfield’s show last night. I posted about it right before they closed the thread. It was about her conversation with the Pasco County Sherriff’s Office about their dogs - specifically one named Diesel who was out there searching. It wasn’t a long in depth interview. Just her mentioning it to Brian Entin talking about Diesel & how good he was. I’ll try to find the clip, if I can’t find it, I’ll try to transcribe it! Like I said, not in depth, but I thought the couple tidbits she gave about Diesel were interesting. IMO.
I couldn’t find the clip, but I transcribed the little tidbit. This is from Ashleigh Banfield’s show, Banfield, on NewsNation, last night 10/20/2021.
Interview with Brian Entin from the Reserve to open the show.
Ashleigh is speaking about the Pasco County K-9s.
“…but I will say this, Brian Entin. Those Pasco County Sherriff’s Deputies were real clear with me about the prowess of Diesel…he can smell anything water or not…the dog can absolutely smell & detect the scent of human remains on the top of the water. The water wouldn’t have been a detriment to Diesel’s job.
Like I said, not in-depth, however, I thought it was interesting that they specifically called out Diesel & how good he was at his job & what his specific strengths were when they talked to Ashleigh about the dogs. JMO :)

Will the notebook be readable? If the notebook is dry and ink is visible, wouldn't that be very strange as apparently the remains are just now visible because of the water receding? Or was the death very recent and after the water receded?
I was wondering if it could be pencil if he draws, would pencil last longer than ink, I’m not sure I’d like to know though. IMO

It was not a raid. jmo

They had every reason to notify Gabby's parents that the van and Brian were home, and that Gabby was not with him. jmo

I totally disagree with this. Brian could have told them that she flew home to her parents for the time being for ANY reason - death in the family, sick parent, needs a break, needed to deal with some business at home... Brian had been home before - I don't think that they would assume this is out of the ordinary. I don't understand why they would contact Gabby's parents for that reason.

See, I don't see them being as confident as when GP was found, they made the initial ID pretty quickly. The only evidence that leads, at least me as the public, to be him is the items found and the location. So, not meaning to be graphic, but to me, it sounds like the remains are not easy to identify as to who it is and they will be relying on scientific evaluation instead. Which leaves the door open to all of the alternative scenarios.
With the way this case has gone, it's hard not to head down that alternative rabbit hole. I am not one for conspiracy theories at all but this leaves so many holes and suspicions on the table that it's hard not to let my mind wander that way.

On a different note, I watched Polly Klaas's father last night and he said that if he is indeed dead, that is the 'easiest' justice for the Ps/Ss. Because he will no longer be a subject of discussion and they will not have to go for years in the legal system with all of the reopening of the emotional wounds over and over. There is no such thing as closure when you have lost a loved one in such a violent way but this allows you to heal without starting all over again. Samantha Runyon's mother was on too and she agreed. I just can't even imagine but as much as we all want to see BL face justice for what he's done, at this point, the Ps/Ss deserve to be able to start healing..... And GPs foundation will go on to do amazing things.
OT, but is the murderer of Polly still alive? Richard Allan or Davis? I can't believe I have forgotten his last name. Jmo

Imagine if D and P, not real ppl, had a daughter or son go missing. They initially waited 4 days to report the disappearance, and added the next day that a car was involved. Then a few weeks later they just happened to remember that their child really went missing the day BEFORE they first said.

This is WS. I don't have to imagine the uproar.

Yet real ppl did what I just described.

Their child could still be alive had they not played the above games, imo. Which is why I do believe the plan went awry, they never expected him to take his own life, and IMO he didn't. Imo he was supposed to report in, for example on their outing yesterday, but he did not. So, they get very concerned and take a beeline to where they last saw him.

There is no other way to explain the nonchalant attitudes until today.

Jmo

D & P? I must not be awake yet...
Yes, it is extremely odd behavior to NOT report your son missing esp. if you think he is suicidal! Maybe the attorney gave them horrible advice and they blindly trusted him because he is a close family friend of 20 years. (According to the attorney.)

A choice a mistake not sure what the difference is knowing now they weren't lying. It was a mistake on the Laundries part to ignore the parents or to not reach out to the Petito's. Of course it was a choice, but its a mistake they made. I never said it was a choice or not a choice, so it's confusing why you pointed that out from my comment about it?

We don't know what they were told by BL. BL could have called on the drive home, explaining they broke up. Talked about the Utah stop and how he was put in a hotel as a DV victim. (His support even though we all know he wasn't the victim)

He could have said anything to explain Gabby not being with him, she called her parents and they flew her home, I took the van. GP's parents are upset I took the van so they may try calling.. don't answer. Maybe his story was that GP and family were coming to pick up her things on such and such date It's when all his lies came due, he ran.

I just really hate to place blame on CL and RL until the FBI names them in an investigation. The FBI has all the details we desire and will make the correct call. I have faith. MOO

I'm just really failing to understand why the parents lawyered up at all. If they had nothing to do with what their son did, I'm just not understanding the lawyer for them. I think that's why everyone just assumes guilt on the whole family. If they had nothing to hide, why lawyer up at all over something your son allegedly did. I'm sure having a hard time with it.
If they didn't know what really happened with B&G they at least had to know that something was hinky enough to consult an attorney. We don't know. But I suspect that SB advised them to say nothing to anyone LONG before G's parents started inquiring....and it appears that they did take his advice and didn't even tell Cassie anything substantive. Left her out there to twist in the wind. JMO

Last edited:
How so? He could have told them almost anything (she's there with a friend, i dropped her off at X, we broke up and she's traveling with s0-and-so, etc). There is no evidence we've been presented with that indicates they were aware of anything going awry.

It's a pretty large question to just "ignore". If they really thought that, they would have had no problem saying that to GP's parents. The unanswered texts/calls when someone's child is missing is pretty cold.

Will the notebook be readable? If the notebook is dry and ink is visible, wouldn't that be very strange as apparently the remains are just now visible because of the water receding? Or was the death very recent and after the water receded?

Hi Flashy09,
I'm guessing (IMO) that something was partially readable, in the very least. We don't know how close the notebook was to the remains (I'm guessing?). Maybe notebook or backpack was in an area where he was sitting on a drier section/edge and remains were in an area that had deeper water. All MOO.

what gives you the impression they had any reason to "speak up" on 9/1?

Exactly. I was thinking about all of the couples I know that are/were that age and similar relationship status - totally together but sort of engaged-ish. If one of those couples went off on a long-term tour, living in a van, and the dude returns with a simple story ("I gave her some 'girl time' with her friends, and figured I'd load up on supplies and do some work on the van,") I can guarantee that my first thought isn't going to be "oh, dear, he killed her." I'm guessing that Brian used a similar story, and after the De Soto trip, his parents were like "shouldn't you be heading back out West?" That is probably when things started to feel "off."

“This is the very area of the park that we initially informed law enforcement on, I believe it was September 17th, that Brian would be most likely in the preserve in this particular area as I know it, near the bridge," Bertolino continued. "If that water had cleared two weeks ago, perhaps could have circled back and looked again.

RSBM Bingo, exactly as I suspected! Not good, not good at all.

Could Notebook Hold Key? ‘Highly Probable' Human Remains Found Are Brian Laundrie, Attorney Says

Food for thought...
Another feature of dry bags is that they float. The process of sealing a dry bag traps air inside the bag. Should your boat capsize, the bag will remain floating—allowing for easy retrieval.

Uness this bag punctured assuming thats what we saw in the pic? I would expect it's contents not to be pristine.

Edit to add.. it doesn't help that CL had his hands on it before LE.
Actually, they don’t float unless you want them to. And if you have something heavy in it? It’s going to sink.

At first, I thought there was definitely a hole there—stitches make something leaky (think needle holes), so the odds were there couldn’t be a black patch—but it seems there was possibly a black patch. This wouldn’t be my first choice to buy if I wanted a dry dry bag, but it’s possible that patch was welded on, though I don’t think so because of its location.
Seam tape is used to cover stitched seams. On high end items (including boating dry bags that will be submerged), you will often see welding, not stitching.
Pro tip: if you have raingear or are thinking about buying some and want to know if it’s actually waterproof, look inside at the seams. They will be taped if the raingear is waterproof.

What I think was most odd about BL’s white bag is that it seems to have been open. If it held a laptop, that would be strange, too. The only reason for a laptop, with no wifi in a swamp, would be if you planned to leave the area.
But why was the white bag open?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...b&pd_rd_w=kYivk&pd_rd_wg=L1kl3&ref_=pd_gw_unk

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 9.57.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 9.57.37 PM.png
    887 KB · Views: 21

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 13.07.37.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 13.07.37.png
    961.8 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics