Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I don't see them being as confident as when GP was found, they made the initial ID pretty quickly. The only evidence that leads, at least me as the public, to be him is the items found and the location. So, not meaning to be graphic, but to me, it sounds like the remains are not easy to identify as to who it is and they will be relying on scientific evaluation instead. Which leaves the door open to all of the alternative scenarios.
With the way this case has gone, it's hard not to head down that alternative rabbit hole. I am not one for conspiracy theories at all but this leaves so many holes and suspicions on the table that it's hard not to let my mind wander that way.

On a different note, I watched Polly Klaas's father last night and he said that if he is indeed dead, that is the 'easiest' justice for the Ps/Ss. Because he will no longer be a subject of discussion and they will not have to go for years in the legal system with all of the reopening of the emotional wounds over and over. There is no such thing as closure when you have lost a loved one in such a violent way but this allows you to heal without starting all over again. Samantha Runyon's mother was on too and she agreed. I just can't even imagine but as much as we all want to see BL face justice for what he's done, at this point, the Ps/Ss deserve to be able to start healing..... And GPs foundation will go on to do amazing things.
The coroner said it will be one or two days, isn't that about the time it took to officially ID Gabby too?

I see a lot of comments speculating about whether the notebook would be legible if it was saturated. My two cents- I picked up geocaching as a hobby since the pandemic, and for those who don't know, it's a sort of treasure hunt where you have to find hidden logs (notebooks) in the woods and sign them. The containers the notebooks are hidden in often break down over time and the logs get saturated and moldy. You can't sign wet paper, but you can almost always still read what people wrote on it before it got wet, whether it's pen or pencil. Some inks will run but most won't. All that said, Brian fancied himself to be an artist, so my guess is his notebook was probably just mediocre artwork.

BBM

How could he not know there's a crime to solve? Everyone has known for some time there's an unsolved crime.

It has been established that his son BL is a POI in the manual strangulation death of Gabby, he has been charged with theft of her credit cards, and he's been on the run from the law.

What if BL was murdered not died of natural causes (starvation/thirst/animal attack) wouldn't you want to know?

Somewhere on WS, I saw photos posted of BL with a green notebook (sketchbook)? And on top of the notebook were some Micron pens/markers. I immediately recognized them because I’m an artist and I use them. They’re pigmented, permanent (considered archival) and waterproof. There’s no way at this time to know if he took any of those to the reserve or used them in whatever notebook they found in his belongings at the reserve, but it did give me a little hope that whatever is in that notebook is somewhat salvageable. IMOO

yes, you just liked my post, on this page, where I placed the photo & a link to Sakura Micron :)

Omg are they STILL there?!

yeah they just keep moving around as the police tell them to move on after complaints

but my question was more does Florida or the North Port, in particular, have the panhandling law where you would need a permit to accept money/food for what they are doing

here in Australia you can't' do stuff like this and if you had a " protest" you'd need to declare it a protest/register it with the relevant council/police and they can deny it as an illegal protest etc which means if you continued you could be arrested and fined

I use notebooks for journals unless I’m using a computer app.
I think i
BL wouldn’t have had a laptop with him unless he planned for an extensive stay and had a way to keep it going.
It's hard to guess what's going on in the head of someone in his situation. He may not yet have made a decision about what he was going to do. He may have grabbed what he always grabs on the way out. Or he may have been looking at things on the computer (pics, etc) before making a final decision. Relating what we, in normal times, would have done to what someone as desperate as he likely was is probably not very informative.

Somewhere on WS, I saw photos posted of BL with a green notebook (sketchbook)? And on top of the notebook were some Micron pens/markers. I immediately recognized them because I’m an artist and I use them. They’re pigmented, permanent (considered archival) and waterproof. There’s no way at this time to know if he took any of those to the reserve or used them in whatever notebook they found in his belongings at the reserve, but it did give me a little hope that whatever is in that notebook is somewhat salvageable. IMOO
If it's been wet, I'm worried that the paper may have disintegrated enough to make it difficult. But I have seen times when even after a flood, papers have been able to be read and saved.

In all fairness, the outside of a drypack potentially having CLs fingerprints on it, does absolutely nothing to hurt any investigation. Nor does him removing it from where it was found. There's ample video evidence of where it was found from media. Removing it so that media didn't walk over and film up close or even open it actually seems the more prudent thing to do. IMO.
OTOH, RL could have just stood there protecting the evidence from contamination until nearby LE was alerted by CL.

You don't move evidence. <modsnip>. The only reason to move evidence is if it is found in a remote area right before a series of winter snow storms, with LE being hundreds of miles away by float plane, for example.

Unless there is a specific reason to want to obfuscate an investigation, IMO.

Last edited:
Agreed, without crossing into diagnosing him but being extremely easily offended, flying into a rage could be classified as an Anti-Social Personality Disorder that was undiagnosed and untreated. It's ok to be young, a dweeb, easily offended but the average person doesn't fly into a murderous rage that indicts something far out of the norm. But I'll leave that to the expert/professionals.
But could be used as a cautionary tale/warning for young couples to look out for fits of rage. It may save the next young woman's life.

Are you referring to a psychological autopsy, or whatever it is called? That would be educational and very interesting. Jmo

I see a lot of comments speculating about whether the notebook would be legible if it was saturated. My two cents- I picked up geocaching as a hobby since the pandemic, and for those who don't know, it's a sort of treasure hunt where you have to find hidden logs (notebooks) in the woods and sign them. The containers the notebooks are hidden in often break down over time and the logs get saturated and moldy. You can't sign wet paper, but you can almost always still read what people wrote on it before it got wet, whether it's pen or pencil. Some inks will run but most won't. All that said, Brian fancied himself to be an artist, so my guess is his notebook was probably just mediocre artwork.

Even if it's legible, it would probably just be random ramblings. No matter what he wrote, everyone will pick it apart, find hidden meanings, etc. I can't see it providing any comfort to the P family or helping the case. IMO.

But I do have sympathy for them. As a parent myself I can not imagine the pain of losing a child for any reason, be it suicide or murder or medical reasons.
That does not change my OPINION on how they have treated Gabby's family. Nothing anyone says ever will. It was so very wrong and heartless, IMHO.
As far as their decisions about possibly assisting their fugitive son in evading the law, they have to live with that, and I am trying not to judge them because I think a good deal of fault goes to their attorney for giving them possibly unwise council. SB certainly did not try, IMHO, to make his client's seem sympathetic and he easily could have, again, IMHO.

THIS!!! Exactly the split I think a lot of us are feeling (and maybe not so good at putting out there via words).... You hit the nail on the head for me!

They were at Myakka yesterday.
Later they returned to the house.
They were screaming wtte of "Brian is burning in hell!"
This was reported live on WFLA.
jmho
I found it annoying when they were screaming over the journalists after the FBI gave their little 15 sec news conference. A journalist started to yell out a question but was screamed out by the protestors. It's possible the FBI may have answered the question if the protestors hadn't sucked the attention.

I may have this wrong, but I think the OP meant that the parents could have dropped that bag off to him at an earlier time, but now after they were seen handling the bag no one will ever know when their fingerprints were left on it.
I think OP this was the point OP was making,but I could be wrong.

the dry bag was used to drop off food for him over the past few weeks? He would probably need a new bag weekly. Either his parents or a family friend that isn't being watched by LE/media? Anything is possible esp. if LE wasn't watching at night.

yeah they just keep moving around as the police tell them to move on after complaints

but my question was more does Florida or the North Port, in particular, have the panhandling law where you would need a permit to accept money/food for what they are doing

here in Australia you can't' do stuff like this and if you had a " protest" you'd need to declare it a protest/register it with the relevant council/police and they can deny it as an illegal protest etc which means if you continued you could be arrested and fined
Until now I did not think you could do that here. But that is a very good question and I will try to find the answer. Jmo

They were at Myakka yesterday.
Later they returned to the house.
They were screaming wtte of "Brian is burning in hell!"
This was reported live on WFLA.
jmho
They need to go home imo they're not really adding anything now other than upsetting the neighbours and causing a nuisance. The money they are requesting should be given to Gabby's foundation moo

The coroner said it will be one or two days, isn't that about the time it took to officially ID Gabby too?
They announced a preliminary ID when they found her body. And then confirmed her identity a few days later.

"Human remains believed to belong to Ms. Petito were found in a national forest in Wyoming, the F.B.I. said. An agent said the remains were “consistent with a description of” Ms. Petito, but added that a full forensic identification was still needed to confirm."
A Timeline of the Search for Gabrielle Petito and Brian Laundrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member