Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Warning for those squeamish>

I wonder what part they originally found yesterday that were 'pretty sure' (my words) were his. And if he's in parts... I'm assuming a gater got him after all? I suppose there are other animals that would run off with different body part although I'd think they'd feast were they were, not run off with pieces. And even if they did run off with pieces, I'd think they'd all be pretty close to the piece found, so surprised they weren't found yesterday.

Sounds like karma stepped in. He left Gabby for the animals, yet the animals came for him.
I'm thinking dental or tattoos.

I do not think the L's had any knowledge or helped BL. I think he came home, told a story about a bad break up. I believe he told them if GP or her parents called to ignore it and stay out of it. I find it very believable that they had no idea whose name the van was in. I don't ask my adult children questions like that and two of them live with me at the moment. I tend to mind my own business with my adult children. As far as his remains being found "all of a sudden", that area was under water. I will refer back to the Caylee Anthony case. That area was flooded too. She was found only after the water receded. People keep saying the L's aren't cooperating. How does anyone know what they have or have not told investigators? Just because they aren't talking to the media and the rabid protesters doesn't mean they aren't telling LE everything they know. I may be in the minority here, but, I feel sorry for them. JMO
I get this but a bad break up would work as a story until the texts that said I am going to call the police etc and why get a lawyer before the texts had even started? MOO

Brian Entin said the ME says he is hopeful that they’ll have some confirmation whether or not it is BL in 1-2 days. But like I said he just says he is hopeful of that.
FYI in another case where it was body parts not including a head, it took nearly eight days to get a DNA match with the man's son. It really depends on whether or not it has dentals.

(carried over from last thread)

How does a guy go from (allegedly) manually strangling his fiance in a national park, to having a happy (smiling) family smoresfest, to crouching in the bushes at a gator buffet, to being hidden from an army of trained searchers, to being found in pieces (LE) with a smattering of hiking gear (by his parents)?
THIS cause of death (if it is Brian) is going to be very interesting. IF its ever determined at all.
The articles found near the body (as reported) don't indicate being prepared for an extended stay.
So, he goes from (alleged) murderer to happy camper to under-equipped fugitive camper.
Nah. This doesn't add up at all.
JMHO

Nothing does.

I do not think the L's had any knowledge or helped BL. I think he came home, told a story about a bad break up. I believe he told them if GP or her parents called to ignore it and stay out of it. I find it very believable that they had no idea whose name the van was in. I don't ask my adult children questions like that and two of them live with me at the moment. I tend to mind my own business with my adult children. As far as his remains being found "all of a sudden", that area was under water. I will refer back to the Caylee Anthony case. That area was flooded too. She was found only after the water receded. People keep saying the L's aren't cooperating. How does anyone know what they have or have not told investigators? Just because they aren't talking to the media and the rabid protesters doesn't mean they aren't telling LE everything they know. I may be in the minority here, but, I feel sorry for them. JMO

I agree with a great deal of this. BUT Their hiring an attorney belies their lack of knowledge that something was very very wrong. MOO. I think they followed good legal advice but while doing so added to another family's growing concern and grief.

I can feel empathy for them. I can disagree with how they comported themselves while GP was missing while also feeling sympathy for their loss. As far as the protestors, I find them to be horrible examples of humanity who are looking for something to make them feel valid and important without regard for who they harm. I hope they go home soon or find jobs or something better to occupy their time. All JMO

I wish a reporter at the house would ask the "protesters" if the Petito/Schmidt families have given them approval for their actions or what correspondence they have had with Gabby's family.
I can only imagine the families are appalled at such disrespect to Gabby.
The family is asking for people to support their foundation and shine a light on the missing and the abused.
The ghouls screaming horrid things at the Ls house are not doing that.
In fact they are trying to profit from this for themselves.
jmho

I've decided that every day that the protestors are at the Laundries home, I'll make a small donation to the Gabby Petito Foundation. For me, I feel like this is the only way I can stop being so troubled by their lack of regard for Gabby.

I do feel sorry for them. They have lost a child too.

But, I don't believe they knew nothing.
I understand your perspective of minding your own business with your adult children. But I don't think that's true for all families especially since the couple lived at their home and were very young.

What I don't understand is the when the police was at the door, they had a lawyer ready. I mean, he is their friend but won't they need his permission before taking up any case.
Even if they didn't know about the van, there are still many red flags. If he told parents to ignore, wouldn't they have atleast looked at the texts or voice messages? It's so bizarre that they ignored all calls like some military order.

I am not going to judge the Laundries. I am going to let the LE decide whether they are involved or not.

Thinking out loud,
CL and BL take supplies to trail. CL knows his son will be ok for awhile. days later the parents decide to say their son is missing. Hints to where BL was. No one finds anything. Finally dad can’t stand it anymore and goes to the spot, finds the bag. Action starts now. IMOO I think parents thought he would be found alive. I think the wildlife took his life. He hiked but wasn’t a survivalist. This is all JMOO
What evidence is there that CL and BL took supplies to the trail?

Thinking out loud,
CL and BL take supplies to trail. CL knows his son will be ok for awhile. days later the parents decide to say their son is missing. Hints to where BL was. No one finds anything. Finally dad can’t stand it anymore and goes to the spot, finds the bag. Action starts now. IMOO I think parents thought he would be found alive. I think the wildlife took his life. He hiked but wasn’t a survivalist. This is all JMOO

Believeable.
Does anyone know if LE trailed the Laundrie's in the evenings or watched the Reserve?

Seriously. They need to take that energy and help solve other cases if they are that passionate about this one.
I agree on this! Like I’m all for someone’s right to protest & protecting that right. However, some of those people are a piece of work IMO. On top of some of the absolutely awful things they’re screaming, yesterday, the reporters were calling out some last minute questions to the FBI at that presser - you never know…sometimes you might get a last minute answer - & the FBI wouldn’t have even been able to hear them bc those people were screaming over the top of the reporters asking questions. Peacefully protesting for a cause is one thing, being there just to get on TV & impeding journalists from getting out information to the public - being rude & screaming horrible things to, not only the Ls, but also to LE - is another thing. All JMO.

<Warning for those squeamish>

I wonder what part they originally found yesterday that were 'pretty sure' (my words) were his. And if he's in parts... I'm assuming a gater got him after all? I suppose there are other animals that would run off with different body part although I'd think they'd feast were they were, not run off with pieces. And even if they did run off with pieces, I'd think they'd all be pretty close to the piece found, so surprised they weren't found yesterday.

Sounds like karma stepped in. He left Gabby for the animals, yet the animals came for him.
I’ve been wondering what parts and how big are the remains found. Not trying to being gross , more of a scientific nature.

How long does it take for DNA to be matched? They’ll expedite this, right?

I just want to hear them confirm it’s BL. Then, as soon as possible, how long has he been dead? Days, weeks?

I'm not sure what show this appeared on but Dr. Lawrence Koplinsky said the FBI has the technology to do a Rapid DNA test available to them. Not sure they would have done that yesterday in the swamp, but he said they can get results in a matter of hours. So it's possible a result did happen at the reserve. Just don't have that answer. Goodness I don't even know how much of the remains were found.

Brian Entin said the ME says he is hopeful that they’ll have some confirmation whether or not it is BL in 1-2 days. But like I said he just says he is hopeful of that.
They'll get the DNA quickly if the samples aren't degraded completely.
The COD is likely to take a long long time though.
They were discussing it this morning on Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members