Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have learned the remains found in the Carlton Reserve were "skeletal remains."
"Bones."
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1451239105917067264?s=21
thank you so much for keeping the thread updated on what brian entin posts! it's so nice when I'm on mobile cause I don't have to open multiple tabs/apps!
with that said, BL has only been missing for roughly 5 weeks. If they found bones then can it still be Brian? imo it's still possible but I'm by no means an expert.

We have learned the remains found in the Carlton Reserve were "skeletal remains."
"Bones."
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1451239105917067264?s=21

So could this indicate the remains are too old to possibly be BL, or is that still possible given all of the environmental factors?

ETA: There as a case from 2018 in Mobile, Alabama, where a local woman named Daniella Vian just disappeared. The whole thing was very odd and there's still not much information on it. There used to be a thread here for her, not sure if it is still around. Almost a year after her disappearance they found her body in her car submerged at a boat launch some 15 miles away from where she was last seen. I don't recall ever reading that it was skeletal remains, but again there wasn't much information given.

I add this because it makes me think that simply being submerged wouldn't necessarily cause a body to decompose to the point that only bones would be found. There are other factors to consider in this instance, heat, wildlife, etc., but if all they've found are bones, it explains why all parties involved (LE & SB) are sticking to the forensic identification.

Last edited:
One of the shocking things to come out of SB's interview with Chris Cuomo yesterday was that the Laundries through SB reported BL missing to the FBI on the Monday that BL went hiking when he didn't come home. The FBI knew he was gone! The FBI knew the parents were concerned and the FBI did nothing to search for him until the following Friday based on some random tip that BL had been seen in Tampa.

7:16 here: https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1450995282062229506
We don't know that it happened like that. This is only SB's alleged say on what was said.

Who’s watching this right now? Is it just me or does Mahsa Saeidi hate JB Biunno???
Haha it does seem a little weird sometimes haha! I think she was probably being a little pushy to do updates first today bc she usually does Nancy Grace’s show for episodes on this case & has to give an update from “the ground.” I could def tell she was being pushy about that, but I get it. Haha.

The thing is, vultures are as common as crows here. They are literally everywhere. As a local, I do not think twice or even once when I see vultures wheeling overhead anywhere, and I most definitely never think "Must be a dead human." Any time there is a dead thing, there'll be vultures either overhead, or lurking on the ground nearby (because they don't stay in the sky, at some point they wanna eat), and because we have soooooo much wildlife, dead things are also everywhere. Roadkill, things that failed the food chain game, critters that got poisoned or died of natural causes, and so on. I personally don't put any stock whatsoever in people's vulture sightings or lack thereof when it comes to a case like this, but that's of course JMO, MOO, etc.
Thank you! He made vulture activity out to be more significant than it really is, lol.

My thoughts as I’m catching up:
- the timing/coincidence of the parents being the ones to find the first items of BL boggles my mind. It could absolutely be because they know him best but it seems very “off” to me that they would let them walk around and pick items up with their bare hands. Just strange.

- I understood that protestors felt the Laundries were not being forthcoming. At this moment in time, I don’t see what there is to protest. If remains are conclusively identified to not be BL, and they feel the need to protest, I can’t comment on that. But while they are identifying remains and LE is actively working a crime scene, I’m not seeing anything to protest over. It crosses a line for me personally to yell at people who may have lost a child this week, no matter what I think about that child’s actions.

- Still do not understand what SB is doing. I have to once again say I believe he is making things 100 times worse. No need to obfuscate dates and facts at this point (that I am aware of), just see how this week plays out and be quiet.

JMO.
Back to catching up.
bbm
Agreed with all of this.
Esp. the bolded.
Great post !

Also I remember what one searcher at CR said about vultures. He says if a body was in there you would see the vultures circling. I do not hold much to that statement, but I do know what those dogs are capable of abd this makes no sense to me. Jmo

I was in Miami a few years ago visiting family and one afternoon sitting in the backyard I noticed one vulture, shortly after there were 3 of them just circling. I have no idea what was on the ground, but I definitely understood what that man was saying. The reserve IMO is far different than a neighborhood of homes.

As far as dogs, they are excellent in finding those odors. However, I believe the dogs weren't being used in the area where those remains were found yesterday. Last week when Diesel was running around searching he found nothing and I don't know where in the reserve he was in. jmo

(carried over from last thread)

How does a guy go from (allegedly) manually strangling his fiance in a national park, to having a happy (smiling) family smoresfest, to crouching in the bushes at a gator buffet, to being hidden from an army of trained searchers, to being found in pieces (LE) with a smattering of hiking gear (by his parents)?
THIS cause of death (if it is Brian) is going to be very interesting. IF its ever determined at all.
The articles found near the body (as reported) don't indicate being prepared for an extended stay.
So, he goes from (alleged) murderer to happy camper to under-equipped fugitive camper.
Nah. This doesn't add up at all.
JMHO
Excellent post! I agree with you 100% And, he left his Mustang at one parking area at Carlton Reserve 9/13/21 which was his only means of transportation and his parents remove the Mustang after police contact them that car was not legally parked. Takes 5 days to impound car at that 5 Florida reserve.

JB is replaying the non-press-release that happened earlier. And (love JB!) he as tactfully as possible pointed out the discrepancy between "we know exactly where BL is" and the sudden "Whoa, he's a missing person now."

Haha it does seem a little weird sometimes haha! I think she was probably being a little pushy to do updates first today bc she usually does Nancy Grace’s show for episodes on this case & has to give an update from “the ground.” I could def tell she was being pushy about that, but I get it. Haha.

He has a hard time letting anyone else talk. LOL

What I don't understand is the when the police was at the door, they had a lawyer ready. I mean, he is their friend but won't they need his permission before taking up any case.
Even if they didn't know about the van, there are still many red flags. If he told parents to ignore, wouldn't they have atleast looked at the texts or voice messages? It's so bizarre that they ignored all calls like some military order.
I so agree with your post. This is everything to me. The fact that they ignored Gabby’s family’s frantic messages looking for their daughter says to me that they knew something. If he had told them a story, any story, and they believed it, they could have just sent a simple text saying something like, “ Your daughter broke our son’s heart and told him to go home. Your daughter left him in Wyoming so how would we know where she is? It’s your problem, not ours.” The fact that they IGNORED worried texts and voice mails tells me they knew something else had happened. Either he told them or they didn’t believe his lies.

Simply ignoring their pleas is not a human thing to do unless they’re hiding something. That’s not an issue with their “right” to keep silent—of course they’re not legally required to call her parents back, but that’s just not a normal human response and it says EVERYTHING.
MOO

I was in Miami a few years ago visiting family and one afternoon sitting in the backyard I noticed one vulture, shortly after there were 3 of them just circling. I have no idea what was on the ground, but I definitely understood what that man was saying. The reserve IMO is far different than a neighborhood of homes.

As far as dogs, they are excellent in finding those oders. However, I believe the dogs weren't being used in the area where those remains were found yesterday. Last week when Diesel was running around searching he found nothing and I don't know where in the reserve he was in. jmo
Thank you. I didn't know it was the first time being there for the dog. Jmo

Since suicide is being discussed and could be triggering to some I am posting this info.
Help is available.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
We can all help prevent suicide. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.

1-800-273-8255
Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members