Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
As they are reporting that the area was underwater for weeks, I did a google search for "bodies discovered in water."

Decomposition Changes in Bodies Recovered from Water

*WARNING* Pictures of bodies recovered from water. Scrolling down to the very bottom there is a picture of a completely skeletonized body that had been in warm water just a few days.
not looking but just wanted to say thanks for your research :)

Maybe I'm not normal but if one of my children had murdered their partner then I'd probably agree that suicide/death is a better choice than life in prison.
It depends on which prison you're sent to. Some are way better than others.

I so agree with your post. This is everything to me. The fact that they ignored Gabby’s family’s frantic messages looking for their daughter says to me that they knew something. If he had told them a story, any story, and they believed it, they could have just sent a simple text saying something like, “ Your daughter broke our son’s heart and told him to go home. Your daughter left him in Wyoming so how would we know where she is? It’s your problem, not ours.” The fact that they IGNORED worried texts and voice mails tells me they knew something else had happened. Either he told them or they didn’t believe his lies.

Simply ignoring their pleas is not a human thing to do unless they’re hiding something. That’s not an issue with their “right” to keep silent—of course they’re not legally required to call her parents back, but that’s just not a normal human response and it says EVERYTHING.
MOO
Good points. And the fact that both BL's parents and BL kept Cassie in the dark, as no mention whatsoever to Cassie about GP, yet BL and BL's parents surprise Cassie and her young boys with a visit on 9/1/21 and then again invite Cassie and boys to a smores happy family camping outing around 9/6/21 between Noon and 8pm with GP's name off limits. Just strange. GP and BL dated for like 2 years and lived at or near BL's parents FL place. Plus, GP last facetimed Cassie and also GP's Mom on 8/25/21. Bizarre.

This is a good article that (I believe) was written by the reporter who followed them around and filmed them. It explains that they had only a bag of water bottles and were trailed by law enforcement the whole time. The Ls did not plant the evidence found yesterday. IMO

I have seen that report too--that LE was trailing them the whole time. I have also see that the reason they handled the white bag themselves is because they couldnt find any LE and were afraid of evidence being disturbed. So maybe LE wasnt there all the time? JMO

I don't know if the Ls could have planted the evidence, but some questions do arise:
  • Did they know it was there? If so, how and when did they know? Was it a favorite place of BL's? Did they have other info that led them to that spot? Were they just lucky?
  • If the remains are BL's, what did they know about his whereabouts as the search progressed? Were they in communication with him?
  • Could an associate have planted it? This seems unlikely, but should be ruled out.
  • Why did they pick up the bag instead of simply alerting LE to it? Did they take anything out or put it into the bag?
  • Why were the items and remains not found in previous searches? The answer may be as simple as those things being underwater, but knowing why may help LE in future searches.
JMO

Also, I don't think strangulation is like a one-time heat-of-the-moment slap. I think it's purposeful, personal, abusive control that terrorizes the victim. The abuser is telling the victim that their life is in the abuser's hands. IMO. Victims who survive can have long-term, debilitating damage.

Exactly. As a survivor of this exact thing, I concur. They aren't out of it when they are doing it, they are doing it with purpose and likely taunting the victim at the same time.

I also wonder why, if there was an area that the parents said they were sure would yield clues from the beginning, and they were unable to do any search of that area within 3 days of BL disappearance, why wouldnt the receding of the water be viewed as an opportunity to do that search by LE? Why would they end the search and open the park to visitors when the water had finally receded enough to make a thorough search that, it appears, would have yielded clues for the first time? JMO

THIS

I also wonder why, if there was an area that the parents said they were sure would yield clues from the beginning, and they were unable to do any search of that area within 3 days of BL disappearance, why wouldnt the receding of the water be viewed as an opportunity to do that search by LE? Why would they end the search and open the park to visitors when the water had finally receded enough to make a thorough search that, it appears, would have yielded clues for the first time? JMO
OK.. But what is your point? You're saying the police did shoddy work which you don't agree with? Fine. But are you saying something else? I can't go there. No body or evidence was planted.

Statistically, men commit suicide in more violent ways than women do.
I always ask the same question about suicide.
Violent or non violent?
He could very well have taken something to put himself to sleep, we don't know it was violent but the swamp has violence and danger because of the wild animals..

Does skeletal remains make it even weirder for anyone else? I understood partial remains but skeletal? I guess the animal activity there changes things a lot. Up north a body seems to have a lot of “flesh” left even if submerged in a river for months. JMO.

Thank you!

To me this sounds like a case of departments not sharing information. SB says he called the FBI Monday night, but for some reason NPPD swore they knew where he was Thursday night. The one thing I want real clarification on is why they brought the Mustang back. Everything else makes sense to me personally.
I don't find it all that strange they took the mustang back to the house. LE was going to tow it, so it would have been removed either way.

If Brian wanted to come home, it would have been quite easy for him to contact them. This was a popular park with countless people around who had cell phones. It's not actual wilderness. jmo

I'm not very up on YouTube, but I guess I should do some research. I didn't realize they streamed regular programs. Thanks for the heads-up.
Just the regular YouTube app doesn’t stream the show. Sometimes NewsNation will post the full episode on their YouTube channel as a video after it airs live. They don’t do that all the time, but sometimes they do. They do post clips from the show on their YouTube channel everyday tho. :)

I don't know if the Ls could have planted the evidence, but some questions do arise:
  • Did they know it was there? If so, how and when did they know? Was it a favorite place of BL's? Did they have some other info that led them to that spot? Were they just lucky?
  • If the remains are BL's, what did they know about his whereabouts as the search progressed? Were they in communication with him?
  • Could an associate have planted it? This seems unlikely.
  • Why did they pick up the bag instead of simply alerting LE to it? Did they take anything out or put it into the bag?
  • Why were the items and remains not found in previous searches? The answer may be as simple as those things being underwater, but an answer may help LE in future searches.
JMO

I think the question that arises from YOUR questions for me is: what would the benefit be of planting evidence for the Laundries, especially if they really did suspect he was still in the park (which would mean dead)? All eyes have been on them for weeks and their home is probably tapped by the FBI. There is no logistical way any of these wild conspiracy theories make any sense. They're convoluted and complicated.

(I know you were responding to someone else so these questions do not necessarily reflect what you think happened.) :)

I don't find it all that strange they took the mustang back to the house. LE was going to tow it, so it would have been removed either way.

If Brian wanted to come home, it would have been quite easy for him to contact them. This was a popular park with countless people around who had cell phones. It's not actual wilderness. jmo
And honestly not that far a walk for someone used to hiking. Jmo.

Good points. And the fact that both BL's parents and BL kept Cassie in the dark, as no mention whatsoever to Cassie about GP, yet BL and BL's parents surprise Cassie and her young boys with a visit on 9/1/21 and then again invite Cassie and boys to a smores happy family camping outing around 9/6/21 between Noon and 8pm with GP's name off limits. Just strange. GP and BL dated for like 2 years and lived at or near BL's parents FL place. Plus, GP last facetimed Cassie and also GP's Mom on 8/25/21. Bizarre.
How is it bizarre the Petito reached out on the 10th . 9/1 and 9/6 were both before the 10th ...

Why would you even go to that place in good times? How could it be enjoyable with snakes, alligators and bugs!! Maybe visit in a helicopter, but hike....
It's beautiful and peaceful to be surrounded by nature, far from the sound and pollution of cities and other humans. I adore our swampy parks here and love to hike them with my camera.

OK, so let's just go through what you said:

BL is an alleged DV killer. Is he? He's wanted for credit card fraud, and is a POI in the murder of GP. Nowhere has it said he's wanted for DV, nor is he being treated as a suspect or a target in relation to the murder of GP. He might be in time, but as it stands now, he isn't.

I think it's really important we stick to the facts.

And now the link that you posted. Just in case anyone saw the clickbait headline and made any assumptions, I feel it necessary to clarify that Brian's former colleague thought he was 'weird' because he did yoga.

That's the only reason!

Well heck, there must be a lot of other weird people about if that's the only criteria to be labelled as weird.

Also, just to balance things out a little here, the ex-colleague also said that he never witnessed Laundrie being mean or abusive to Gabby, and that he never came across as the kind of person that would be the killing type.

He also said that Brian was a good employee who knew how to talk to people, and he knew how to make people happy.

The only negative things he says are that he was a weirdo because he did yoga, and because his hands were always clean (!), and he does say that BL could get p*ssed off easily.

So can I. It doesn't mean I'm a murderer of have ever committed an act of domestic violence.

MOO

All above statements can be verified in the article here: Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper
Why do you have such a problem with differing opinions? That is what is done here. The circumstantial evidence against him is more than convincing for most people. So can he be two people? Most DV partners are. They are very charming when they choose to be. Very pleasant company when things go their way. If they were not then no one would ever fall in love with them to begin with.
The 911 caller in MOAB witnessed BL slapping Gabby in public. Two different personalities indeed.
Jmo

Just the regular YouTube app doesn’t stream the show. Sometimes NewsNation will post the full episode on their YouTube channel as a video after it airs live. They don’t do that all the time, but sometimes they do. They do post clips from the show on their YouTube channel everyday tho. :)
You can watch it live on their website. NewsNation Streaming Live

I always ask the same question about suicide.
Violent or non violent?
He could very well have taken something to put himself to sleep, we don't know it was violent but the swamp has violence and danger because of the wild animals..
I personally know three men who have committed suicide and all three were excruciatingly painful ways to die. I could never understand why they chose those methods, especially since one of them was a timid teenager who would never hurt a fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07