Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to point out about BL being labeled a weirdo from the above link. IMHO it wasn't because he did yoga, according the the quote it's because of what I've bolded (MOO):

"I remember from back then he was a big yoga nut, always telling me, ‘I gotta worry about my zen,’" Livingston said. "And I thought he was this weirdo."

And another thing opinion I have about weirdos and yoga doers... all the weirdos I've ever know have NEVER done any yoga. And all the yoga doers I've known weren't weirdos. I honestly believe his friend thinks he's a weird because he was always telling he he was worried about his zen. Well, I wonder what his zen thinks now? Nothing positive I'm thinking.

All MOO.... :)

Not to mention, isn't the practice of yoga supposed to de-stress you and lower your blood pressure?!?

IMO, the more serious Brian pretended to be about yoga, the more frivolous he seems and the sillier these assertions are, in much the same way that we have said ad nauseam about Brian's sanctimonious self-righteous attitude towards water bottles.

IMO, he was all about the outward show. For Brian, it's all about "appearing as if" he is woker-than-thou, so that he appears to be "A Good Person" to the people watching him whom he thinks (wrongly) care about his opinions (you'd better believe, a lot of other environmentalists would be greedily reaching out for a plastic water bottle in the desert if it came proffered by the little red man with a pitchfork himself, because they have common sense).

people have such a wrong outlook on Florida lol i think its so misleading because even the news outlets always say.....alligator infested....lol....very misleading.....there may be alligators in the swamps but its not like they run out the woods at any opportunity and bite you, you can hike all day and never see one, never see a snake either at times, now bugs, well mosquitoes might get you at every opportunity but they have bug spray for that.....there are many beautiful things to see out in nature, the colorful birds and butterflies and trees and wildflowers and other animals can be breathtaking!
Thank you for the perspective.
I'll now remember whenever I hear snake- or alligator- infested, that I live next to fox- infested woods. (I saw one a couple of weeks ago. :) )

I just wanted to point out about BL being labeled a weirdo from the above link. IMHO it wasn't because he did yoga, according the the quote it's because of what I've bolded (MOO):

"I remember from back then he was a big yoga nut, always telling me, ‘I gotta worry about my zen,’" Livingston said. "And I thought he was this weirdo."

And another thing opinion I have about weirdos and yoga doers... all the weirdos I've ever know have NEVER done any yoga. And all the yoga doers I've known weren't weirdos. I honestly believe his friend thinks he's a weird because he was always telling he he was worried about his zen. Well, I wonder what his zen thinks now? Nothing positive I'm thinking.

All MOO.... :)
Yeah, almost as if BL knew there was something inside fighting that zen.

After seeing that FB post of his someone shared a few threads back..I think it says a lot about who BL is.

I really doubt the evidence was planted. I do think the parent dropped that dry sack off for him early on and possibly had contact with him in the first few days before he was reported missing by them. I think they found that dry sack and knew he never got it. no other reason it would be so far from body and back pack, that they would magically find it, and that they would feel okay picking it up bare handed so now their fingerprints had a reason to be there as opposed to fingerprints being on there from drop off. But no I do not think any of that happened yesterday. it happened last month early on and they didnt think he'd kill himself/get eaten
I think this is a good hypothesis, which would explain many of the facts.

JMO

Why would you even go to that place in good times? How could it be enjoyable with snakes, alligators and bugs!! Maybe visit in a helicopter, but hike....

I live in the piney woods and I don't even like to walk to my car after dark. I admire your sense of adventure.
Many people love nature including swamps. I used to hike in Texas with all the alligators, snakes and bugs. I loved it.

I also love hiking at night on a full moon. Especially in snow. It's beautiful and so peaceful.

Question for any forensics experts here. We've all heard that they can trace Covid-19 outbreaks by testing sewage (like in colleges), and they find traces of prescription drugs in water supplies. If a body is found in the elements, but most soft tissue is gone, can they test the surrounding soil for traces of drugs? Thinking that someone could have overdosed and decomposed but the drug remains may be found underneath in soil...

Thank you !

And mahsa :

58:00

"Bertolino personally notified FBI that Brian LAundrie did not come home on the 13"
Is there a penalty for SB if this is, in fact, not true? I notice the wording is interesting also. He could have notified the FBI on the 17th that BL did not come home on the 13th and the statement would still be true… JMO.

No one "made up" seeing what they believed to be a gun case picked up by LE from the trunk of the Mustang. It has never been verified that that is what it was. Their attorney, however, when asked if BL had a gun with him answered "unknown". So, you nor anyone else knows whether or not BL had a gun, including his attorney. JMO

There is also no indication or evidence that he did have a gun.

It depends on which prison you're sent to. Some are way better than others.
True statement: Florida vs. Wyoming and BL would have been better off in Wyoming. We built a new food service bldg inside a Florida State Prison and the fact there is no AC with high humidity made it brutal for say April to October

Why would you even go to that place in good times? How could it be enjoyable with snakes, alligators and bugs!! Maybe visit in a helicopter, but hike....

Swamps can be quite beautiful. And since he lived nearby I can understand BL hiking there. He may have had good times there and/or it may be a place he felt at peace. Guess we'll never really know why he chose that spot to end his life, if he did do that

JMO

How would they be so sure the remains were most likely brian if they were skeletal? I would think they would actually need the DNA for that. I get you can guess based on bone structure, but a positive ID (unless a skull with dental match up) seems pretty unlikely this quick other than it was in the vicinity of the backpack
Perhaps clothing? Gabby was identified by her sweatshirt, so perhaps there were some remnants of clothes on or near whatever they found?

Question for any forensics experts here. We've all heard that they can trace Covid-19 outbreaks by testing sewage (like in colleges), and they find traces of prescription drugs in water supplies. If a body is found in the elements, but most soft tissue is gone, can they test the surrounding soil for traces of drugs? Thinking that someone could have overdosed and decomposed but the drug remains may be found underneath in soil...
I saw an expert say they can sometimes find traces of toxins in the lifeforms that were feeding on the body. Sometimes they have proven intentional poisoning this way. JMO

I don't know if the Ls could have planted the evidence, but some questions do arise:
  • Did they know it was there? If so, how and when did they know? Was it a favorite place of BL's? Did they have other info that led them to that spot? Were they just lucky?
  • If the remains are BL's, what did they know about his whereabouts as the search progressed? Were they in communication with him?
  • Could an associate have planted it? This seems unlikely, but should be ruled out.
  • Why did they pick up the bag instead of simply alerting LE to it? Did they take anything out or put it into the bag?
  • Why were the items and remains not found in previous searches? The answer may be as simple as those things being underwater, but knowing why may help LE in future searches.
JMO

I'm guessing the parents knew him really well. I think they suspected he'd committed suicide almost immediately and did look (in the dark) for him or at least his dad did. But if he waded out into water and had something heavy in his pack and used a gun or opened some veins or took some opiates, only the dry bag would have remained and would have been easy to miss.

I don't think they'll find a phone near BL or any other communication device - just a strong hunch.

The parents are not trained LE personnel and the bag technically belongs to their close family member - and now, to them. Mom found it, IIRC and seems to me she would have known immediately he was dead by its condition and it's a last link to her dead son. I would have picked it up too. After all, the reopened the preserve and anyone could have found it - and most people would touch it.

Most of the searches took place along the utility easement and in the northern part of the reserve. Some much bigger bodies of water were searched, probably on the theory that if he drowned himself by weighting himself down, he'd have chosen a deeper place. But if he died in some other way, any body of water would do. He might have been in 18 inches of water when he died and under 4 feet of water a couple of days later, as it rained.

Not to mention, isn't the practice of yoga supposed to de-stress you and lower your blood pressure?!?

IMO, the more serious Brian pretended to be about yoga, the more frivolous he seems and the sillier these assertions are, in much the same way that we have said ad nauseam about Brian's sanctimonious self-righteous attitude towards water bottles.

IMO, he was all about the outward show. For Brian, it's all about "appearing as if" he is woker-than-thou, so that he appears to be "A Good Person" to the people watching him whom he thinks (wrongly) care about his opinions (you'd better believe, a lot of other environmentalists would be greedily reaching out for a plastic water bottle in the desert if it came proffered by the little red man with a pitchfork himself, because they have common sense).
Interestingly your post made me think about something I've thought about often about the Moab police cam vid. I'm sure it means nothing but I keeps popping up in my head without any encouragement. And that's the fact BL in the very beginning of the vid referred to Gabby was Gabrielle and 'my fiancé'. There's got to be a reason in his mind why he'd do that and not simply say Gabby, when I don't think he called her Gabrielle when he spoke about her in everyday life. It's like 'my fiancé Gabrielle' was supposed to show LE how BL viewed her or something.

Sorry for my nonsense thoughts. There's something there, I just can't articulate it. lol

Last edited:
It's beautiful and full of exotic flora and fauna.
jmho

Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park

AMENITIES:
  1. Bike Trail
  2. Birding
  3. Dog Friendly
  4. Equestrian Trails
  5. Fishing
  6. Green Space
  7. Nature Preserve
  8. Outdoor Grill
  9. Parking Lot
  10. Pavilion Without Electricity
  11. Picnic Tables
  12. Primitive Camp
  13. Restrooms
  14. Walking Trails (Unpaved)
Your Local Parks | North Port, FL

I saw an expert say they can sometimes find traces of toxins in the lifeforms that were feeding on the body. Sometimes they have proven intentional poisoning this way. JMO
That would completely make sense. Just like humans ingesting too many antibiotics that are fed to cattle, chickens, etc. Thanks!

I really doubt the evidence was planted. I do think the parent dropped that dry sack off for him early on and possibly had contact with him in the first few days before he was reported missing by them. I think they found that dry sack and knew he never got it. no other reason it would be so far from body and back pack, that they would magically find it, and that they would feel okay picking it up bare handed so now their fingerprints had a reason to be there as opposed to fingerprints being on there from drop off. But no I do not think any of that happened yesterday. it happened last month early on and they didnt think he'd kill himself/get eaten

Although I think he killed himself the first day, I like your theory that they may have been the ones to drop off the dry bag with some supplies for him, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280