Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a forensic question, perhaps for @10ofRods! We've kind of established that in a swamp a body can be skeletonized perhaps faster than we might generally assume... my question, though, is: are there ways of telling, to some degree, how LONG a body has been skeletonized, under those conditions? I know a person left on the ground, there can be drying of bones... I guess what I'm asking is, will they have any way of knowing whether he was skeletonized in a matter of days, or if he had been like that for nearly 5 weeks? For example, you mentioned microbes entering the bones... I wonder if that takes a matter of time, or if the volume of microbes might say something about how long it has been...

I haven’t caught up on posts yet this morning but one thing that kept me awake in the middle of the night last night: what if the parents and BL had been in communication during the time BL has been “missing” by burner phone and the phone was in the dry bag, so CL had an opportunity to remove it when he “found” the bag? Authorities won’t necessarily ever know.
Good question!

Oh no, I understand you perfectly (I think).

You're thinking this speaks to the unbecoming possessiveness that Brian's former coworkers have said Brian applied towards Gabby. As if he's peeing on his property.

(Am I close?)
I'm not sure it's like peeing on his property (not that he didn't do that)... But more about him, like how polite and formal he was being, and that having a fiancé elevated him up a notch. I also think it was how he wanted LE to feel toward him cuz he was for darn sure buddying up and trying to get them to like him.

Oh, and thank you for taking a stab at that! LOL

His backpack and the dry bag, etc. If you are planning to suicide, why would you carry that stuff with you?
MOO, but my thinking is that he couldn't walk into the reserve with a gun in his hand (assuming he had one), so backpack necessary to hide it, and the notebook - we're all hoping he left a note, an explanation, something. Or perhaps he hadn't made his mind up to perhaps end his life, so he wanted to write, doodle, meditate, carry some water and then perhaps head home.

OK, so let's just go through what you said:

BL is an alleged DV killer. Is he? He's wanted for credit card fraud, and is a POI in the murder of GP. Nowhere has it said he's wanted for DV, nor is he being treated as a suspect or a target in relation to the murder of GP. He might be in time, but as it stands now, he isn't.

I think it's really important we stick to the facts.

And now the link that you posted. Just in case anyone saw the clickbait headline and made any assumptions, I feel it necessary to clarify that Brian's former colleague thought he was 'weird' because he did yoga.

That's the only reason!

Well heck, there must be a lot of other weird people about if that's the only criteria to be labelled as weird.

Also, just to balance things out a little here, the ex-colleague also said that he never witnessed Laundrie being mean or abusive to Gabby, and that he never came across as the kind of person that would be the killing type.

He also said that Brian was a good employee who knew how to talk to people, and he knew how to make people happy.

The only negative things he says are that he was a weirdo because he did yoga, and because his hands were always clean (!), and he does say that BL could get p*ssed off easily.

So can I. It doesn't mean I'm a murderer of have ever committed an act of domestic violence.

MOO

All above statements can be verified in the article here: Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper
Abusers are also good at putting on acts. They know how to charm people. This has been my experience first hand. It’s entirely possible he was one way at work, and obviously, as has been reported by the witness who phoned 911 in Moab, a completely other way with the person he was said to have loved the most.
Nothing that I’ve seen about him tells me he’s innocent of murder. Yet, all of his actions leading up to Gabby’s murder, and afterward, tell me that it’s almost certainly him that is responsible for it.
We can stick to the facts.
He was witnessed to have slapped Gabby. He grabbed her face in anger.
He locked her out of the car.
Those are just a few. I’m sure there are many more.
MOO.

His backpack and the dry bag, etc. If you are planning to suicide, why would you carry that stuff with you?
perhaps the backpack to carry whatever it is you mean to use to complete the task? along with whatever items you may want to have with you before doing so (including, say, a notebook where you may leave behind some message and a place to put it that will keep it safe)?

For me, it is still odd that the search mainly took place 5-6 miles from where the car was left and where BL was eventually found. The days they said for sure they had cadaver dog(s) on the search, it was at the northern edge of the preserve - almost 6 miles from where he was found.

Presumably, they felt they'd search the area near the car thoroughly enough early on. But I'd think that if they thought he'd killed himself, the logical place would be not too far from where he parked. OTOH, if he was on the run, he would have passed through the preserve (quickly, if he had any sense) and not be a cadaver at the northern end. Maybe there was a cadaverine hit from another human up that way that threw things off.
I wonder if LE suspected BL had parked at Myakkahatchee and then traveled west along Power Line Trail into Carlton Reserve, where BL had reportedly told his parents he was going.

IMO, Image #10 of the full skeletal remains with an explanation of how it happened makes sense to me adding birds and alligators.

From the link:

"Rapid skeletonization of remains may occur in bodies of water in tropical areas due to water temperature and carnivorous fish species. This individual reportedly went missing only a few days prior to recovery."
GMTA ;)

BBM

The former co-worker from the landscaping business didn't describe BL's temper as "terrible." And he didn't say he got "extremely" jealous, just that he appeared to be jealous.

The article said:

"He said he never witnessed Laundrie being mean or abusive to his now-deceased former fiancée, 22-year-old Gabby Petito, but he did appear to be jealous if he spotted her talking to other guys."

"He never came across as the kind of person that would be the killing type," Michael Livingston, who said he worked with Laundrie, 23, in parts of 2017 and 2018, told Fox News Digital. "But he did have that tendency to be — I don’t wanna say the wrong thing and make him sound worse than he already is — he was kind of a guy who would get p---ed off pretty quick."

He did say he was weird because he did yoga, had clean hands, and used the word Zen. Hmmm.

JMO

Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper
Yet a witness saw him slapping her in public. That is violent. Jmo

My guess is that Brian wasn't there when the dogs went through that area. Brian may have trekked around a bit for a few days before dying or killing himself. It would make sense to go to a place that he knew had already been searched to hide or kill himself. It's been over 30 days since he was last seen, and bodies can skeletonize in water in as little as 3 weeks, so it's possible. It makes sense if the dogs missed him because he just wasn't there.
Are you saying they used the HRD dogs over 3 weeks ago? If so maybe LE should have come back later with them and tried again. JMO.

Is the 11th the day the neighbors supposedly saw him dash down a back alley between fences (when they impounded the van)? So right - how did he spend the next day? Cool, calm and collected, or was there a LOT of discussion taking place in that house...

I believe that was the 17th (according to twitter). Never verified. But I've never heard that any neighbors saw him on the 11th.

It says to me Brian felt the need to alter his language when speaking with the police. And that he seemed very comfortable doing that at a moment's notice. He also felt the need to establish he and Gabby were in a loving, committed, typical relationship to the police before they asked too many questions.
YES! Very good!

Why did he choose a violent suicide if he did? There are easier ways to die, surely?
Why did he choose the swamp as his last resting place?
I can't make head nor tail of it.

Q. Why did he choose a violent suicide if he did?
Males usually choose more "violent" methods, and thus are more likely to be "successful" compared to "attempts."
source:

Q. Why did he choose the swamp as his last resting place?

Selecting an outside, remote location (i.e., in the woods, etc.) could be for reasons such as:

1) the attempt is serious, and the person does not want the act to be interrupted and stopped by others

2) consideration for loved ones (a) remains found in the woods instead of in a house are not going to need cleaning up by loved ones (b) remains found in a home are probably going to be a constant reminder to loved ones who live there of what happened in the house, a room, etc.

3) the person hopes their remains are never found

By the way, the setting isn't really a swamp. It's a nature park with big, beautiful Live Oak trees, native palm trees and other native plants. There are lots of birds and other animals. Parts are swampy, but BL (if the remains are his) probably didn't die in a swampy part. What likely happened is that there was a lot of rain and where he died became covered with water after he died.

Last edited:
BBM

The former co-worker from the landscaping business didn't describe BL's temper as "terrible." And he didn't say he got "extremely" jealous, just that he appeared to be jealous.

The article said:

"He said he never witnessed Laundrie being mean or abusive to his now-deceased former fiancée, 22-year-old Gabby Petito, but he did appear to be jealous if he spotted her talking to other guys."

"He never came across as the kind of person that would be the killing type," Michael Livingston, who said he worked with Laundrie, 23, in parts of 2017 and 2018, told Fox News Digital. "But he did have that tendency to be — I don’t wanna say the wrong thing and make him sound worse than he already is — he was kind of a guy who would get p---ed off pretty quick."

He did say he was weird because he did yoga, had clean hands, and used the word Zen. Hmmm.

JMO

Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper
BBM were Brian and Gabby together then? I didn;t think they got together until 2019? Was Gabby not in NC then also?

OK, so let's just go through what you said:

BL is an alleged DV killer. Is he? He's wanted for credit card fraud, and is a POI in the murder of GP. Nowhere has it said he's wanted for DV, nor is he being treated as a suspect or a target in relation to the murder of GP. He might be in time, but as it stands now, he isn't.

I think it's really important we stick to the facts.

And now the link that you posted. Just in case anyone saw the clickbait headline and made any assumptions, I feel it necessary to clarify that Brian's former colleague thought he was 'weird' because he did yoga.

That's the only reason!

Well heck, there must be a lot of other weird people about if that's the only criteria to be labelled as weird.

Also, just to balance things out a little here, the ex-colleague also said that he never witnessed Laundrie being mean or abusive to Gabby, and that he never came across as the kind of person that would be the killing type.

He also said that Brian was a good employee who knew how to talk to people, and he knew how to make people happy.

The only negative things he says are that he was a weirdo because he did yoga, and because his hands were always clean (!), and he does say that BL could get p*ssed off easily.

So can I. It doesn't mean I'm a murderer of have ever committed an act of domestic violence.

MOO

All above statements can be verified in the article here: Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

BBM

Do you think all the money spent, man hours spent searching for him are because of the credit card fraud charges and his parents reporting him missing? It is because of Gabby’s murder and he is the #1 suspect/POI. I have never seen that much effort put into finding a ‘missing" adult. You choose to ignore the many times the verified attorneys on here have stated that the reason they have not yet filed charges is because it is a strategy. They have the fraud charges to hold him, once the murder charges are levied the clock starts ticking as to the procedural processes that have required time frames for them to happen, there was no advantage to LE charging him while they were searching for him. Him being only a POI is not significant and does not mean that they have doubts that he is responsible for her death. There are numerous cases where the guilty party is first only named as a POI until charges are brought against them.

Investigators named Raymond Clark a "person of interest" after 24-year-old Yale University graduate student Annie Le was found dead in the basement of an off-campus lab. Officer Joe Avery, of the New Haven Police Department, said Clark was a "person of interest" because he worked in the same highly-secured lab where Le was last seen.

Authorities detained Clark, 24, on Tuesday, took his DNA and searched his home. They released him, and his lawyer said Clark was fully cooperating with authorities. Then, on Thursday, Clark was arrested and charged with Le's murder.
video.gif
Watch police announce the arrest »

What does 'person of interest' mean? Nothing - CNN.com

MOO

The gun is all fake news, people making up stuff.
Exactly. As a survivor of this exact thing, I concur. They aren't out of it when they are doing it, they are doing it with purpose and likely taunting the victim at the same time.

I think to strangle someone, either by ligature or with your bare hands, takes an unfathomable level of personal rage. They are face to face with the victim, literally choking the life out of them.

At this point, I am personally interested in what LE says, what the Laundries may say, what Gabby’s family says, or what forensics professionals say. I’m no longer prepared to accept what SB says as fact. JMO.
At first I thought it ridiculous that the Ls hired a real estate attorney, although they have a long standing relationship with him. I thought that SB would in time refer them to a FL criminal defense attorney if needed.
I must say, SB has surprised me.
He is doing an excellent job of muddying the waters and adding yet more confusion with his Hog Wash and texts to journos.
UGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member