Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM were Brian and Gabby together then? I didn;t think they got together until 2019? Was Gabby not in NC then also?

I don't know when they got together. And the dates reported are wonky.

The family has said things that suggest they started dating after high school. But high school friends have talked about their "drama filled" romance. Staff at the NC restaurant said she worked there from Sept 2017 until January 2019. Gabby Petito lived, worked in North Carolina for more than 1 year prior to moving to Florida

But we have the NY co-worker who claimed to work with BL "parts of 2017" and 2018. The co-worker said GP came in "several times a week." Hard to do from NC.

I think a large portion of the original reason for the question is because, as per Gabby's mother, Brian and Gabby had dialed back their relationship and were no longer fiance/es; which means he might have been presumptuous.

Understood. Apologies for my misinterpretation of OP and for clogging up the thread with a long reply :)

I agree totally. I said this elsewhere, but I am agnostic about the L's knowledge/role (if any) until LE says more about that, if they ever do. However, it is very hard to understand SB's continually changing comments about very significant things, such as:

- phone bought on 14th; then changed it to the 4th
- BL went missing on the 14th; then changed it to the 13th
- BL was reported missing on the 17th; now changed it to the 13th

He could have very well never said anything about any of this to reporters, but instead he either lied or made a series of errors. It is just so hard to take his word at face value, & not because I want to demonize the L's (I don't), but because of his own words & practices. JMO

There was a mistake made about the 14th, no question. But where did these other things come from? I don't recall it ever being said the phone was bought on the 14th. And BL was not reported missing on the 17th at all, so not sure where that came from either. It was LE that contacted them on the 17th and asked if Brian was there, per Bertolino. In fact, here is a source from the 24th that says the Laundries reported him missing "a week and a half ago," which would put it at September 13th or 14th.

https://twitter.com/jossiecarbonare/status/1441565155796701184?s=21

The police thought Gabby was the one abusing Brian. So yes, Brian did what he could to minimize the situation and keep her out of jail. He quickly volunteered that he put hands on her also. He was not in trouble, she was.

He could have gone the other way and used the situation to make things much worse for her. He didn't.

MOO
BBM
Can you elaborate?
Because Brian minimizing the situation did make things much worse for her. Gabby was not prevented from traveling further with Brian. Which is what Brian wanted.

How does this assurance work if the FBI is running around, guns drawn, bashing into random BL-lookalike North Carolina fishing locales' rooms asking that they shave their beards?

I think it's a bit of a stretch assuming that the branch of law enforcement who were known to not surveil him in his home, somehow had irrefutable camera footage to show he walked into a preserve and never walked out.
I imagine they still chased down other leads, as that is their duty. & they could have obtained footage days later. I'm not sure if you're saying they're generally incompetent, which I don't believe, or if you're saying they relied exclusively on the parents' word, as opposed to any evidence, which I also don't believe. JMO

I am nauseated. I just...wow. After all the initial defensiveness, the testiness with reporters and lashing out at everyone when BL was officially reported missing and everybody was all, "Wait, you said you knew where he was," to come out with this? Now? "We were working with the best intelligence on what we thought at the time." So you didn't know. You lied to the community.

So as per NPPD:

-nobody on the Laundries' side of the camp even told them BL was missing, even as late as Wednesday the 15th;

-which we can certainly extrapolate to mean that Brian Entin or whomever first looked up the footage of the Mustang, finding it parked in the Laundrie driveway on Tuesday (?), was the first person to sound the alarm;

-the Laundries in fact never cooperated with the NPPD; and it doesn't really mention how much cooperation they gave the FBI either, which strongly indicates (to me, IMO) that the Laundries gave little more cooperation to the FBI than that which the FBI has already admitted in the media.

Was there a report in the news yesterday that when RL found what he did in the underbrush, he put it IN the white bag himself? Can't find it now.

IMO. I remember hearing CL found the items, RL put the items into the dry bag. Looked for this story this am and could not find.

Also in the footage of CL coming out of brambles, he is only holding 1 thing, the dry bag. I can’t tell if or what items are in bag.

I really don’t know

Coming from the NPPD that says they knew where he was. They have been exponentially unreliable with their statements compared to those of Steven Bertolino. JMO

The gun is all fake news, people making up stuff.
I'm not saying 100% that there was a gun, but when I watched LE/FBI at his house live that day, they definitely went out to the car, without gloves, and looked in multiple locations where a gun would hypothetically have been stored. I lean towards the parents discovering a firearm missing as the catalyst for them to call NPPD worried, but it's true that there is no confirmation of a gun or that the parents didn't just call since it had apparently been four days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member