Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you need a backpack to hide a gun if you're going to shoot yourself with it. By then you would be dead how can you hide it back into the backpack. But with the crazy conspiracy theories I'm seeing they would need to get the gator DNA to see which gator slipped the gun back into the bag and zipped it up after he shot and killed himself. MOO
To hike into the park and not arouse curiosity of other hikers or park employees, so you can be successful with your plan. Just speculation. Nothing to get in an argument about......jmo

At first I thought it ridiculous that the Ls hired a real estate attorney, although they have a long standing relationship with him. I thought that SB would in time refer them to a FL criminal defense attorney if needed.
I must say, SB has surprised me.
He is doing an excellent job of muddying the waters and adding yet more confusion with his Hog Wash and texts to journos.
UGH!
bbm
Exactly.
Isn't the use of the term "Hog Wash" somewhat unprofessional ? :rolleyes:

Laundrie family lawyer DENIES 'hogwash' speculation that Brian's parents planted human remains | Daily Mail Online

My opinion is that Brian's parents didn't do this, either .
But how does the lawyer know this as a fact ?
How does he know for sure what happened with his clients, in between the time they hired him and today ?
I don't think he does.

Maybe it's time to step aside and let the Laundrie's speak for themselves ?
Even if the choice of SB as their mouthpiece was the Laundrie's decision initially -- he could refer them to a more experienced lawyer, criminal or otherwise ?
Imo.

At this point, I am personally interested in what LE says, what the Laundries may say, what Gabby’s family says, or what forensics professionals say. I’m no longer prepared to accept what SB says as fact. JMO.
Agreed.
IF the Petito's and Schmidt's decide there's information being withheld from them -- can they bring a civil lawsuit ?
Just asking.

Last edited:
There was a mistake made about the 14th, no question. But where did these other things come from? I don't recall it ever being said the phone was bought on the 14th. And BL was not reported missing on the 17th at all, so not sure where that came from either. It was LE that contacted them on the 17th and asked if Brian was there, per Bertolino. In fact, here is a source from the 24th that says the Laundries reported him missing "a week and a half ago," which would put it at September 13th or 14th.

https://twitter.com/jossiecarbonare/status/1441565155796701184?s=21

https://twitter.com/steph_pagones/status/1451273374727090176

Interestingly your post made me think about something I've thought about often about the Moab police cam vid. I'm sure it means nothing but I keeps popping up in my head without any encouragement. And that's the fact BL in the very beginning of the vid referred to Gabby was Gabrielle and 'my fiancé'. There's got to be a reason in his mind why he'd do that and not simply say Gabby, when I don't think he called her Gabrielle when he spoke about her in everyday life. It's like 'my fiancé Gabrielle' was supposed to show LE how BL viewed her or something.

Sorry for my nonsense thoughts. There's something there, I just can't articulate it. lol
I noticed that too. He emphasized their relationship right off the bat. I heard "my fiancee" as him indicating ownership. He can beat her because she belongs to him. MOO.

Isn't it entirely possible the Laundries reported to the FBI that BL went "hiking" on Monday, even if that information wasn't made public? And also possible not much legal action could be taken because he was not a suspect? So maybe LE were monitoring and aware of the situation but couldn't launch a manhunt for a person who was neither a suspect nor officially missing in the early part of that week? Just questions, just MOO.
I am thinking along the same/similar lines as you. I also think 'too many cooks, spoil the broth'. There are multiple agencies working on this case. It looks like FBI Denver is the lead and also relying on FBI Tampa for support on the FL angle. Then you have the local LE agencies.

I tend to think that there has been some kind of p*****g contest between the agencies and no co-operation between them.

From SB's convo with Cuomo - it seems to me that Brian went for a hike on the 13th and did not return home that night. CL and RL went searching for B on the 14th and when they could not find him, the FBI were informed via SB on the 14th (according to SB).

At this time - Gabby was still missing and there were no charges against B. Local LE were not interested, as the FBI (Denver?) were leading the hunt for Gabby and B was not wanted for any criminal charges. The FBI probably were not interested either at this point - they didn't have enough evidence at this point to order a manhunt - so what to do? As FBI was the lead, I think that if SB reported Brian missing to them - he may have thought that the FBI would work with local LE to find B. Perhaps there is a legal finesse here that I am not aware of - perhaps someone could chime in? I do not think that ordinarily a huge search is undertaken for an adult who goes missing and are not wanted in connection with any crime.

IMO, I do think that the warrant issued on the 22nd enabled the full searches to take place and gave a hierachy in which the agencies could work together (however, I don't think that was very successful).

Moo, Moo

Last edited:
Unless he went to the AT and then came back in time to die a couple of weeks ago (so as to have skeletal remains), BL has been in that preserve since Sept 13. I find this the most likely scenario. He went there to kill himself and did. Time of death will be difficult to establish, but they'll make an estimate. That dry bag may provide better evidence as to where he was for a month, through its dust, pollen, mold and mildew.

DNA analysis will allow identification of BL even if remains are skeletal. Just one tooth is enough. The DNA in teeth lasts a long time. DNA in the bones can be reconstructed (which is how we're getting more Neanderthal DNA, even though the bones are 30,000 years old). If the skull is around, it will be immediately obvious to any biological anthropologist if it's BL, IMO, as he had some distinctive features and we get used to looking at skulls and seeing faces instead - but naturally that has to be backed up by other analysis.
Also hardware put in surgically (ex metal plates for bones) I believe have identification numbers. I don’t know if BL had any or not .

Just checking in. I see the Laundry spin is still in high gear. Will let myself out now.

ETA: it really is a shame that we never started a Brian Laundrie missing thread, so all these lost souls could have a place of their own. Since this is Gabby’s thread, I find it disappointing that every single comment regarding the Laundries and their abhorrent behavior is met with spin, defensiveness and sometimes even complimentary prose.

The police thought Gabby was the one abusing Brian. So yes, Brian did what he could to minimize the situation and keep her out of jail. He quickly volunteered that he put hands on her also. He was not in trouble, she was.

He could have gone the other way and used the situation to make things much worse for her. He didn't.

MOO

But he did use the situation to make things much worse for her! He turned on the charm to police, joked, assured the police how much he loved her, allowed them to believe she was the aggressor then he used it against her for manipulation and control - she protested, and now she is dead. MOO and all that, but been there, done that - except for the dead part.

Last edited:
I saw the NPPD communications guy (I forget his name) talking about how they were limited in being able to surveil BL before he was charged & he said something like, "he goes for a hike, & never comes back out..." & I just had a distinct impression that they either had him tailed, or that that he was caught on cameras. From other things he's said in interviews, I don't think they would have been relying only on the parents' word for that information. I think they somehow knew he went in & stayed there. JMO

Same here. I also remember that but can't recall where I read it now, it feels so long ago.
I don't know if it was just speculation that they'd tailed him into the M Creek & lost him or where it came from

I have lived in the south all of my life and I can honestly say that I despise heat, humidity, and insects, lol.
But in a swamp-like environment those insects buzzing in your ears, biting you relentlessly, my fear of poisonous snakes and ANY spider, yikes! I would probably come flying out of that swamp with my hands over my head begging them to arrest me, lol.
Jmo

I've lived in NYC all my life and I'm ecstatic when it's summertime. But when I've gone to South Florida in June, July or August to help my parents, I feel like I can't breathe after 5 minutes. The humidity then is unendurable for me.

I love love love nature, but the BEACH is my nature happy place. I go every day in the summer and occasionally take the grandkids in the winter, too, so they can play in untrammeled snow. I’ve been to beaches on four continents and never tire of them.

But the very THOUGHT of traipsing through a Southern swamp gives me the cold sweats. I also despise camping, even though I’ve reluctantly done it. I like my comforts and amenities.

Brian and Gabby were originally from Long Island and obviously had passions that I don’t share. If he often hiked in that swamp, for whatever pretty parts he enjoyed, I can certainly imagine he’d go there to hide OR go there to end it all.

We all have ideas and theories and guesses and I’m just waiting on the facts to be clarified. IMO at this point anything is possible. My thoughts collide.

The one possibility posters have mentioned that I cannot get behind is a vigilante tracking Brian down and killing him. I think most people would rather call LE if they found him, collect the reward and the accolades for having done so, and hopefully feel they brought justice for Gabby. JMO.

I don't know when they got together. And the dates reported are wonky.

The family has said things that suggest they started dating after high school. But high school friends have talked about their "drama filled" romance. Staff at the NC restaurant said she worked there from Sept 2017 until January 2019. Gabby Petito lived, worked in North Carolina for more than 1 year prior to moving to Florida

But we have the NY co-worker who claimed to work with BL "parts of 2017" and 2018. The co-worker said GP came in "several times a week." Hard to do from NC.
I don't believe this 'co-worker'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member