Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hunch that there is a 3rd party at play in all this. <modsnip> What if they owed money to someone ? What if BL needed to get back to Florida to storage unit to retrieve money? Stash? What if someone had GP in the meantime and he had to return to pay a ransom to free her ? I mean WHERE was GP when BL was in Florida ? What if they argued about getting out of this or going to the police which increased tension between them & spilled over into the public sphere ? What if BL arranged to meet someone at Carlton Reserve to pay back money (and he still didn’t know GP was dead) ? There is so much off about this story …there is something else here to have the FBI involved so early. Would explain the parents staying quiet, this sudden discovery to make 3rd party think it’s all over ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If we knew what was inside the bags, we'd be able to answer that better. All we have is the notebook, so far.
The notebook was taken for
-comfort (drawing seems to give him comfort & pleasure) ?
- there might be memories in that book too?
- to memorialise his suicide? ( or simply a confession or goodbye letter)

caveat that, on the day that he went into the Creek, we can't know if suicide was his explicit goal or whether he viewed it as an option or.....it simply got too much for him?

If we find out there was a gun or meds in that bag, we'd have a better idea.
( Equally if bag contents included phone, radio etc! Whole different ball-game)
Its possible that the safest place to hide his notebook was with him since the FBI went through the house, storage unit, and all vehicles. I kinda dont think he went into the creek with the intention to commit suicide. JMO

I'm not saying 100% that there was a gun, but when I watched LE/FBI at his house live that day, they definitely went out to the car, without gloves, and looked in multiple locations where a gun would hypothetically have been stored. I lean towards the parents discovering a firearm missing as the catalyst for them to call NPPD worried, but it's true that there is no confirmation of a gun or that the parents didn't just call since it had apparently been four days.
Wasn't an empty gun case found?

Former homicide detective believes human remains found in Brian Laundrie hunt may not be intact

“A former homicide detective tells FOX News that he does not believe the unidentified human remains found during the search for Brian Laundrie were likely to be intact because of the continued use of cadaver dogs. "That leads me to believe that the body itself may not have been completely intact, and they were using cadaver dogs to find perhaps [additional] body parts."

questions!!

was he eaten or did someone chop him up?
Alligators and other animals "chopped him up." There are warning signs there and in the Preserve about alligators. In flooding conditions they can be anywhere.

I do not think the L's had any knowledge or helped BL. I think he came home, told a story about a bad break up. I believe he told them if GP or her parents called to ignore it and stay out of it. I find it very believable that they had no idea whose name the van was in. I don't ask my adult children questions like that and two of them live with me at the moment. I tend to mind my own business with my adult children. As far as his remains being found "all of a sudden", that area was under water. I will refer back to the Caylee Anthony case. That area was flooded too. She was found only after the water receded. People keep saying the L's aren't cooperating. How does anyone know what they have or have not told investigators? Just because they aren't talking to the media and the rabid protesters doesn't mean they aren't telling LE everything they know. I may be in the minority here, but, I feel sorry for them. JMO
I get this but a bad break up would work as a story until the texts that said I am going to call the police etc and why get a lawyer before the texts had even started? MOO
I'm not saying 100% that there was a gun, but when I watched LE/FBI at his house live that day, they definitely went out to the car, without gloves, and looked in multiple locations where a gun would hypothetically have been stored. I lean towards the parents discovering a firearm missing as the catalyst for them to call NPPD worried, but it's true that there is no confirmation of a gun or that the parents didn't just call since it had apparently been four days.
Just a UK question as we don't have firearms here, would it be normal to take a gun into a swamp if hiking there? for predators etc?

Right, but GP didn’t murder BL, BL murdered GP. Neither are innocent, but GP is the one who was murdered.

But we can't say BL was violent so he likely murdered GP and then say we know he was violent because he murdered GP.

If we're going to say slapping behavior puts anyone who does it at risk of killing someone, then all people who slap are at-risk. Not all will kill, but all are at risk of killing. If we won't say that, then slapping probably is not as predictive of killing as we first appeared to claim.
JMO

I get this but a bad break up would work as a story until the texts that said I am going to call the police etc and why get a lawyer before the texts had even started? MOO

Just a UK question as we don't have firearms here, would it be normal to take a gun into a swamp if hiking there? for predators etc?
Yes it would for some. Just not for me. Jmo

I’m wondering why the parents went to AT&T the day before he was found. What couldn’t they do over the phone? Even if they needed to return a phone or buy a new phone, they usually ship a return kit to you. I haven’t been in a cell phone store for years. They don’t even repair phones in-house anymore. It’s a mystery to me. JMO

I have a hunch that there is a 3rd party at play in all this. <modsnip> What if they owed money to someone ? What if BL needed to get back to Florida to storage unit to retrieve money? Stash? What if someone had GP in the meantime and he had to return to pay a ransom to free her ? I mean WHERE was GP when BL was in Florida ? What if they argued about getting out of this or going to the police which increased tension between them & spilled over into the public sphere ? What if BL arranged to meet someone at Carlton Reserve to pay back money (and he still didn’t know GP was dead) ? There is so much off about this story …there is something else here to have the FBI involved so early. Would explain the parents staying quiet, this sudden discovery to make 3rd party think it’s all over ?
Well yeah it worked for Casey Anthony so.....

Let's not forget, they also denied that Chris Laundrie was joining the search and the next day he joined the search. I think the FBI and NPPD have a huge disconnect somewhere.

Exactly. NPPD was the assisting agency and they really should stop pretending like they knew what was going on. The Laundries were cooperating with the FBI, who were the lead agency.

BBM

The former co-worker from the landscaping business didn't describe BL's temper as "terrible." And he didn't say he got "extremely" jealous, just that he appeared to be jealous.

The article said:

"He said he never witnessed Laundrie being mean or abusive to his now-deceased former fiancée, 22-year-old Gabby Petito, but he did appear to be jealous if he spotted her talking to other guys."

"He never came across as the kind of person that would be the killing type," Michael Livingston, who said he worked with Laundrie, 23, in parts of 2017 and 2018, told Fox News Digital. "But he did have that tendency to be — I don’t wanna say the wrong thing and make him sound worse than he already is — he was kind of a guy who would get p---ed off pretty quick."

He did say he was weird because he did yoga, had clean hands, and used the word Zen. Hmmm.

JMO

Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

I may have read more into that coworker’s statement but the person also didn’t want to go too far into detail. I’m probably reading between the lines. The people at Merry Piglets saw an example, the outburst that left the waitress visibly shaken. Who does that in a restaurant, and leaves and comes back four times to escalate the argument?

Some people do not believe that person’s account of what happened is accurate since she could not tell them exactly what the couple was talking about. But it’s easy to observe actions and expressions on faces and know the people are arguing, and see that the man was terribly angry. You can’t always hear what people next to you are saying in a busy restaurant with loads of customers, all having conversations. We’re not talking about a fine dining establishment where people are more subdued.

There have also been a few statements by former classmates but I just looked and can’t find them now, no doubt buried in all of the BL media frenzy.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member