Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were in contact with FBI the whole time. The mustang news came out because the FOIA for the notice was approved and the notice was publicized, then people questioned the date. The laundries and attorney had no reason to correct publicly or speak to media. The FBI knew the whole time the correct date nor will they announce to media for correction. FBI and Laundries don't owe the public/media anything

I agree, the FBI and the Laundries don’t owe the public anything. What has me scratching my head right now, is Bertilino’s statement last night on CNN, that he had reported Brian missing on Sept 13 to the FBI. That changes a lot for me if true, but I wonder why he wouldn’t have made that statement weeks ago. Or at the very least, texted that to one of the many reporters he was having back-and-forths with. That seems off to me.

I get this but a bad break up would work as a story until the texts that said I am going to call the police etc and why get a lawyer before the texts had even started? MOO

Just a UK question as we don't have firearms here, would it be normal to take a gun into a swamp if hiking there? for predators etc?
we do have guns in the UK - they are used for hunting and other gun sports.

I have a hunch that there is a 3rd party at play in all this. <modsnip> What if they owed money to someone ? What if BL needed to get back to Florida to storage unit to retrieve money? Stash? What if someone had GP in the meantime and he had to return to pay a ransom to free her ? I mean WHERE was GP when BL was in Florida ? What if they argued about getting out of this or going to the police which increased tension between them & spilled over into the public sphere ? What if BL arranged to meet someone at Carlton Reserve to pay back money (and he still didn’t know GP was dead) ? There is so much off about this story …there is something else here to have the FBI involved so early. Would explain the parents staying quiet, this sudden discovery to make 3rd party think it’s all over ?

My opinion only.

While I really appreciate this very creative piece of fan fiction, I do believe the realities of this case are sadly far less exciting. Sometimes things are really what they seem.

Welcome to WS @Hunch1.

Was there a report in the news yesterday that when RL found what he did in the underbrush, he put it IN the white bag himself? Can't find it now.

At this time, this is the only reference I can find to the bag and black item being separate, it’s a little ways down the page. Maybe if you dig into the comments, the reporter replies back with more info? I don’t have Twitter so I can’t read all the deep comments

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikerreports/with_replies

I am thinking along the same/similar lines as you. I also think 'too many cooks, spoil the broth'. There are multiple agencies working on this case. It looks like FBI Denver is the lead and also relying on FBI Tampa for support on the FL angle. Then you have the local LE agencies.

I tend to think that there has been some kind of p*****g contest between the agencies and no co-operation between them.

From SB's convo with Cuomo - it seems to me that Brian went for a hike on the 13th and did not return home that night. CL and RL went searching for B on the 14th and when they could not find him, the FBI were informed via SB on the 14th (according to SB).

At this time - Gabby was still missing and there were no charges against B. Local LE were not interested, as the FBI (Denver?) were leading the hunt for Gabby and B was not wanted for any criminal charges. The FBI probably were not interested either at this point - they didn't have enough evidence at this point to order a manhunt - so what to do? As FBI was the lead, I think that if SB reported Brian missing to them - he may have thought that the FBI would work with local LE to find B. Perhaps there is a legal finesse here that I am not aware of - perhaps someone could chime in? I do not think that ordinarily a huge search is undertaken for an adult who goes missing and are not wanted in connection with any crime.

IMO, I do think that the warrant issued on the 22nd enabled the full searches to take place and gave a hierachy in which the agencies could work to (however, I don't think that was very successful).

Moo, Moo
If someone calls the FBI and says someone is missing, the FBI would inform them it's not their jurisdiction and tell them to call their local PD. Just like Gabby's parents had when they called NPPD.

I’m wondering why the parents went to AT&T the day before he was found. What couldn’t they do over the phone? Even if they needed to return a phone or buy a new phone, they usually ship a return kit to you. I haven’t been in a cell phone store for years. They don’t even repair phones in-house anymore. It’s a mystery to me. JMO
Perhaps they wanted to try phones out in person? Perhaps they had a set up query with the new phone. Us oldies, like to be shown how things work by a human.

Bertolino just said yesterday that he called FBI personally and reported him missing on the 13th.
Mahsa confirmed and repeated it

By "reported" does he really mean he told them, "No, I can't produce him for questioning- I don't know where he is myself."

JMO and speculation, but I think if FBI felt he was missing missing, not uncooperative missing, they would have asked that local law enforcement take the report and enter it intoNCIC.

Does anyone know if FBI would directly take a report?

I agree, the FBI and the Laundries don’t owe the public anything. What has me scratching my head right now, is Bertilino’s statement last night on CNN, that he had reported Brian missing on Sept 13 to the FBI. That changes a lot for me if true, but I wonder why he wouldn’t have made that statement weeks ago. Or at the very least, texted that to one of the many reporters he was having back-and-forths with. That seems off to me.

And then this morning, SB said he reported BL missing on either the 13th or the morning of the 14th. He's a hot mess.

If someone calls the FBI and says someone is missing, the FBI would inform them it's not their jurisdiction and tell them to call their local PD. Just like Gabby's parents had when they called NPPD.
But was the FBI the lead agency at that point? If so, perhaps SBs call to them was a courtesy call?

If they picked up a gun case then FBI will say BL is armed and dangerous. Warn the public not to engage, don't get close or try getting photos of him. I'm saying people made up the dad reporting a gun missing and also made up that SB said brian left the house with the gun. I'm sick of that misinformation spreading. JMO
Oh, I never heard any of that! I'm going simply by what we saw the day BL was reported missing, as well as the fact that the search parties were wearing protective kevlar. It makes it seem as though they had reason to think he *might* have a gun.

What in the natural world would cause the skull NOT to be intact when found? re: tweet saying skull FRAGMENT found
Graphic warning below :

I have some theories which of course are unpleasant. :(
Found in a foggy swamp (and not falling from a cliff which could fragment bones) ... so, maybe animal predation ?
Although-- wouldn't an alligator attack leave the skull mostly intact ?
Decomp wouldn't cause a skull to fragment, correct ?

Boggles the mind to think this might not be Brian --- which leads me to other theories.
Imo.

I am nauseated. I just...wow. After all the initial defensiveness, the testiness with reporters and lashing out at everyone when BL was officially reported missing and everybody was all, "Wait, you said you knew where he was," to come out with this? Now? "We were working with the best intelligence on what we thought at the time." So you didn't know. You lied to the community.
I hope that 'intelligence' gathered by LE wasn't just SB and the Laundrie's words, and nothing else ! :rolleyes:
MOO.

Last edited:
I don't believe this 'co-worker'.

I have my doubts too. The article seems tailored to material from news stories According to the co-worker, GP wanted to travel, BL wanted to visit national parks, BL liked to draw.... The author DID verify BL had worked there but it's not clear when or if the particular co-worker worked with BL.

JMO

But we can't say BL was violent so he likely murdered GP and then say we know he was violent because he murdered GP.

If we're going to say slapping behavior puts anyone who does it at risk of killing someone, then all people who slap are at-risk. Not all will kill, but all are at risk of killing. If we won't say that, then slapping probably is not as predictive of killing as we first appeared to claim.
JMO
Slapping a person is abusive. If I were to go up to a person and haul off and slapp them I would rightly be arrested for assault. It is not acceptable behavior and it is not normal or harmless. It is violent and the violence escalated, IMHO. How do you suppose Gabby ended up in that creek bed, dead? Why would he take her van and leave if he did nothing to her?
Why would he hide in a swamp and possibly/probably commit suicide if he were innocent? Why avoid her family? Jmo

I’m wondering why the parents went to AT&T the day before he was found. What couldn’t they do over the phone? Even if they needed to return a phone or buy a new phone, they usually ship a return kit to you. I haven’t been in a cell phone store for years. They don’t even repair phones in-house anymore. It’s a mystery to me. JMO

You might take a phone there in person for diagnosis, and to prove to the provider you're not nuts when you say whatever is going wrong, is in fact going wrong.

I once took a phone in-person to a Verizon store and it wasn't very useful, because it literally WAS a problem with the network and I knew it before they did in the store; but the fact remains, the brick and mortar stores still exist and there must be a reason for them. Maybe they bought him a PYG phone and wanted a card with minutes?

people have such a wrong outlook on Florida lol i think its so misleading because even the news outlets always say.....alligator infested....lol....very misleading.....there may be alligators in the swamps but its not like they run out the woods at any opportunity and bite you, you can hike all day and never see one, never see a snake either at times, now bugs, well mosquitoes might get you at every opportunity but they have bug spray for that.....there are many beautiful things to see out in nature, the colorful birds and butterflies and trees and wildflowers and other animals can be breathtaking!
As a South Floridian, I totally agree with what you said. Yes, we have gators. All our lakes around our neighborhoods have posted signs to be aware of alligators. My Mom lives on a lake where on occasion, a gator may float by her kitchen sliding glass door minding it’s own business. FWC is called in and the gator is removed and placed back out in the Everglades. Our water is sourced through hundreds of canals and the gators find their way through to local lakes. We are surrounded by water/canals everywhere. At times a gator will find its way into a homes pool & again, FWC is called in. Some of you may have recently seen an NFL player trap a gator in a trash can (oh my, I would not have done that …lol). We probably have more missing people who probably have driven off the road into a canal than anything gator related. The canals are super deep & sadly recovering of some people is never found, or at least many years later. The rain on that side of the coast was very intense during Sept. If the remains are BL’s, or whomever the remains belong to for that matter , my first thought would be natural human decomposition over time, especially if under water, under extremely high humidity and stagnation in a swampy area, and sunlight….add in the insects. Alligator activity would be low on my guess. But I don’t know the area where all this is taking place so I could be way wrong. Time will tell hopefully.
ETA: we also have lots of turkey vultures… they feast on anything on the side of the road. I’d put a vulture being involved over an alligator (sorry, not something one wants to think about)

Last edited:
I don't believe this 'co-worker'.

but here's another person who says the couple were together from 2018 (not 2019)
( haven't read it for ages,but had bookmarked it. Also bear in mind that the garden centre worker in the original post does not say that he saw Gabby there in 2017 or whether it means 2018)

(Hard to pin anything down in this case)
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-%E2%80%98gabby%E2%80%99-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-8-25-21-media-maps-no-discussion.586401/page-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey