Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago the laundries went to AT& T. Could they of been alarmed no contact from BL? A code like 1 ring and hang up to say you are ok? Never got any and went for information? I don’t know anything about burner phones

One problem with that, he's been dead for a long time now. He wasn't alive Tuesday when the L's went to the AT&T store. jmo

Thank you I saw your edited post. He did not throw Cassie under the bus, that was all media misreporting and misconstruing what she said and what he said in his texts.. His texts stated that brian saw cassie on sept 1. and the media reported "Brian stopped by cassies house on the way home from wyoming in gabby's van"
She said it herself. Watch her interview. Do you think it was professional of him to release a statement during the dr blue announcement of GP’s cause of death?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I hope Gabby's family and Brian's family find peace. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult this has been for both families. A true nightmare. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I understand that many suicides do not want to be found.

And obviously we don't know BL's state of mind or thoughts on it. However, for someone who made a point to go home, spend time with family (clearly loved them), and who also knew that there was or would likely be a major hunt for him, and who also knew that his fate would also be of extreme importance not only to his own family but to GP's, it seems a curious choice. Perhaps it could have been just pure shame/wanting to disappear, and that overwhelmed any sense of guilt/wanting to at least give some level of closure or ending to everyone. Still, it seems remarkably cruel, even respecting possibly very disordered thinking at that point.
From what I've read, I did not get the impression that BL intended to hide his body, if his death was a suicide and it occurred where his remains and belongings were found. He told his parents where he was going "hiking," he left his car parked at the entrance of the park in which he was found and the location was only a 45-minute walk from the entrance. It was a place his parents knew he frequented. In fact, once the water level was down and his parents could enter the park, they went right to the spot. IMO, if he had intended for his body not to be found, he would have gone many miles deep into the much larger Carlton Reserve to a place that his parents would not have known about. I think the "happenstance" is that he did not anticipate his chosen location becoming covered in water before his body was found. MOO.

I have a very different perspective…
The story will never end for the family or friends that have been impacted by this tragedy no matter where they sit.
Social media will move on, journalism will move on, the WS thread will dwindle over time, but the story never ends.
The ripples are yet to come.
JMO

Absolutely. We only need to scroll down the WS forums to the cold cases to be reminded of this.

I have high school acquaintances who have been missing since 1973. They were 15 and 16 and are the longest U.S. case of missing teenagers. There's a forum for them in WS. Mitch and Bonnie.

Their families live with the pain every day, and those of us who knew them remember them from time to time, but they won't be in the news anymore unless they are miraculously found. My faint hopes lie in that back then there was no DNA testing, no Internet etc. that maybe could help now if anyone stumbles upon their remains.

Ugh. I was pretty certain he killed himself when it was discovered he went missing. Disappointing. It feels like he escaped justice. Many of you likely feel the same.
So Gitana ( good to see you), do you legally feel that the Petito family has grounds to file a Civil Suit against the Laundrie family/his estate?

Burner phones don't work like they do on tv. Any law enforcement can track a burner phone and trace it to you with in a few hours.

You buy a burner phone from x company with cash.

You insert sim and connect to a tower. Your phone then follows you around moving from tower to tower.

The police put up a cheap and easy to use spoof tower. Every cellphone in the area will now connect to the that tower, the police set it to forward to a normal tower. Open source software like openbts is used. It does not collect any information that is encrypted, so completely legal with out a warrent But it collects the open sim number from your burner phone.

In this case. They put a tower next to laundries home collect the numbers. Wait until the leave the area, follow them and collect the numbers. The numbers that follows them around is their burner phone. Then you get a search warrant for that sim.

Even in large crowds, they simply spoof the tower, take pictures of the group, then follow the people around isolating one sim at a time. Using photo id software to get names.

This has been a problem for a long time and the FBI has been using it for a long time. Random search

The FBI Uses Fake Cell Towers to Do Real Spying

Same semi-simplicity of identification if, for example, it's not carried around, or if using Tor and/or a VPN with a public wifi?

Because BL is a POI in the murder of Gabby, (FBI called it a murder), I would think the FBI would hold all items found neat, close to or on BL body, until the investigation into Gabby’s death is complete, meaning the autopsy and all tests sent out and results returned. They FBI should be making copies or pictures of the ‘books’ and anything else found with him and therefore can give those to Gabby’s parents. I bet the answer is in the items found…..unless the items were out there by someone else and sorted out ahead of time….that’s moo.

There are too many fishy things going on. Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have thoughts on today’s news but I’m going to keep them to myself. Let’s remind ourselves that this is gabbys thread and she was murdered aged 22 by strangulation. This is who I feel for, a young woman who suffered in her last few moments tremendously. RIP gabby, I hope the FBI works on getting you some justice. MOO
BBM. Yes, thank you. It is about her! Just like Jennifer Dulos discussion thread is about her and not the coward who would not face justice. I don’t feel any different about BL than I did about Fotis Dulos. If he committed suicide, it was because he was selfish.

5:30 pm
https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1451315520490381323?s=21
White van with a yellow stretcher seen through the window just drove into Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. @mysuncoast

6:32 pm

Van we spotted earlier is now leaving the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. @mysuncoast
I wonder if that for more remains .

Go after the Laundries for what? As best we know they have done nothing wrong whatsoever. They even began partially cooperating with the FBI on the day Brian went missing.
Bbm
How charitable of them.
Why only partially cooperate? And why not also cooperate when their future daughter-in-law was missing?
I understand the Laundrie's will probably not be charged with any crimes, but I certainly don't applaud their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77