Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact they may have led investigators to their son’s possessions and possibly his remains — that all undercuts the argument that they were aiding and abetting his escape,” attorney Neama Rahmani, president of West Coast Trial Lawyers, told the Sun.

“That leads me to believe they’ve been cooperative and not the other way around,” he added.

Rahmani said he believes the remains found near a bridge that connects the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park and adjoining Carlton Reserve likely belong to Laundrie — “unless he was trying to plant evidence next to someone else’s remains to throw law enforcement off his tracks.”

The lawyer told the Sun he believes Laundrie was involved in his girlfriend Gabby Petito’s murder, but said his apparent death means authorities will have a hard time solving the sensational case.

“I’m sure Gabby Petito’s family wants some sort of closure, but if Brian Laundrie is dead, this is as good as it’s going to get,” he said.

Dog days are over: TV bounty hunter calls off search for Brian Laundrie after remains found.

'Won't be much left:' Locals chime in on remains found in Brian Laundrie search

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/brian-laundries-parents-possibly-vindicated -by-remains-finding/
I hope they had they had the sense to search that backpack before they entered but I think they entered prior to LE. Is RL is still holding the dry sack? MOO

Were all of Gabby’s belongings that she brought on the trip still left in the van? How could BL have told his parents that she went off with friends, etc, when her clothes, wallet, phone, keys were in the van?
They likely rationalized alot b/c they wanted to believe their son?

Amateur opinion and speculation

I hope they can determine approximate date of death. You'd think Florida they'd be used to the hot wet weather in death investigations so maybe it won't be as big of a challenge as I'm imagining?
We had a case here recently of found skeletal remains. They pinpointed it to 6months-1 year. And it turned out to be accurate. In this case it is less than a month so I’m sure they can narrow it down further.

We were at Grand Floridian when that happened. I probably will never get past it either. I had to ask my husband to go to the front desk to ask for our room to be moved to somewhere that I couldn't see the lake.

A few people here have mentioned the peace and beauty they find in the swamps and I appreciate that, because I've felt such HORROR at the thought of anyone going near a swamp, a lake, or a puddle in Florida. I'm so terrified of alligators. I still won't (and probably never will) go anywhere off well-lit concrete in Florida.

Hah you're brave. Those suckers walk the sidewalks in places. I'm not sure what's worse...alligators and snakes or grizzly bears and wolves. lol

I have no idea what he was thinking.

However, it definitely takes thought to set your belongings in one place then go to another place nearby in the uncomfortable, wet, and pretty icky location where you'd been hiding than it does to kill yourself right there with your stuff. So if he wasn't wearing the bag/pack and it was a self-inflicted death, then he was making some decisions and having some coherent thoughts
The area where the things were found was underwater for a time. There is also a creek there. I think it's possible everything drifted toward the creek when the water started to receed. He obviously liked creeks given GP was found near one and many of their pictures were by streams. In that respect he could have selected that spot. At least he didn't do it at home. Just my feelings.

JMO, but BL's father may not have laid eyes on BL's remains but his finding led them to find his remains very close to this area.

Whatever CL found, it looked as though he knew exactly where to find it. I would think the odds of him getting struck by lightning while riding a pink elephant would be better than the odds of him walking straight to his son's belongings in a nature preserve that consists of thousands of acres. IMO.

it’s quite remarkable isn’t it?
Almost as if he may have been led there…. jmo

Burner phones don't work like they do on tv. Any law enforcement can track a burner phone and trace it to you with in a few hours.

You buy a burner phone from x company with cash.

You insert sim and connect to a tower. Your phone then follows you around moving from tower to tower.

The police put up a cheap and easy to use spoof tower. Every cellphone in the area will now connect to the that tower, the police set it to forward to a normal tower. Open source software like openbts is used. It does not collect any information that is encrypted, so completely legal with out a warrent But it collects the open sim number from your burner phone.

In this case. They put a tower next to laundries home collect the numbers. Wait until the leave the area, follow them and collect the numbers. The numbers that follows them around is their burner phone. Then you get a search warrant for that sim.

Even in large crowds, they simply spoof the tower, take pictures of the group, then follow the people around isolating one sim at a time. Using photo id software to get names.

This has been a problem for a long time and the FBI has been using it for a long time. Random search

The FBI Uses Fake Cell Towers to Do Real Spying

I believe now they can. I don't think this was initially the case years ago. MOO And I wouldn't think he would have a burner phone. Wouldn't a satellite phone with GPS disabled be the trick? I don't know so that's a real question, lol.

JMO, but BL's father may not have laid eyes on BL's remains but his finding led them to find his remains very close to this area.

I'm thinking that when the dad was off to the left of the path with LE and the mom was either on the path or off on the right side of it, is when LE found the remains and shoo'd the dad away. That's when he rejoined his wife and they found the bag and notebook, while LE continued on with the remains. Also could explain why LE wasn't concerned with the notebook and bag being handled like evidence. They knew they had a dead brian. jmwag.

Last edited:
Well, of course i could be wrong, but...
it would certainly seem as if the parents knew *exactly* where BL was hiding. Exactly. It would seem that BL met a gruesome end, and his father had a very gruesome discovery. This is one case I don't think any of us will forget for a long time.

Amateur opinion and speculation
LE found BL's remains, not his parents.

EDITED: They can't take the 5th since it's not criminal. However - they CAN just say they have no knowledge. And would assume they likely would. But BL likely has zero to super minimal assets, so can't even think there is an estate to speak of.

The Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate yourself is not restricted only to cases where you are under indictment or actively being prosecuted for a crime. In 1976, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on a case called McCarthy v. Arndstein. Among other holdings, the court ruled: “The constitutional privilege against self-incrimination applies to civil proceedings.” You must assert the right yourself and indicate you refuse to answer on the grounds your reply may incriminate you.

MO

This could really get passed with some support behind it. Excellent idea!
I would definitely support it, it did make me feel safer going into my new relationship with my now husband. I’d like to add it doesn’t reveal anything more than charges or incidents relating to anything other than DV. MOO

Well, of course i could be wrong, but...
it would certainly seem as if the parents knew *exactly* where BL was hiding. Exactly. .

Yep, this I agree with 100%. Maybe it was just something like, "I'm going to that place where we saw the great blue heron last year, Dad." Then, he was probably supposed to get in touch with them again somehow. When he didn't, after waiting for weeks, their fear became too great. They were finally broken by exhaustion and worry.

I'm thinking that when the dad was off to the left of the path with LE and the mom was either on the path or off on the right side of it, is when LE found the remains and shoo'd the dad away. That's when he rejoined his wife and the found the bag and notebook, while LE continued on with the remains. Also could explain why LE wasn't concerned with the notebook and bag being handled like evidence. They knew they had a dead brian. jmwag.
IMO, LE was negligent in not handling the discovery of the articles the parents found. Parents should have been instructed what to do if evidence was discovered and to let LE know and to not touch it. LE just let them hand it over to them, without even wearing gloves or anything. Really?

except there was no catastrophic flood here nor was it mating season. BL was in this swamp before. The risks of alligator attacks were near zero. IMO he killed himself and the likes of alligators, armadillos, rats, birds and others took an opportunity for a meal. Just another day in paradise.

O/T, BUT, I am starting to regret my upcoming Florida trip…. :eek:

RIP SWEET GABBY~~!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members