Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the "wrong camp" as well.

I was convinced POI BL wouldn't step foot in that reserve, I firmly believed he would make a run for it.

I've been busy today, have they stated the cause yet?

IIRC on 9/25 there was commotion around the Laundrie's house due to folks hearing a gunshot.
It was dismissed as a hoax call.
Then again..

I think he's still "trying" the case in public. MOO. He knows this is not over. He hopes it is - and it may indeed end favorably for him. But, IMO, he is still concerned. This is what his actions and words tell me (and only me). JMO

Edit: I am now seeing some posts on this very point and it appears it is not only me getting this vibe. MOO

I can see this.

For those who are attorneys, if a family friend came to you with this situation, what would you do? Would you quickly connect with somebody who has more experience? I think I would think about all the people I know and loop somebody in pretty quickly. Maybe SB did. Not sure. Again and always, JMOO.

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/bri...d-decisions-during-disappearance-questionable

Criminologist Dr. Debbie Goodman said finding out what happened between Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito could forever be unknown.

She said now knowing that Brian Laundrie is dead focus will turn to how he died.

Dr. Goodman said Laundrie's movements and decisions during the disappearance of Gabby Petito seem more purposeful than accidental, including his return to his parent's North Port home.

"If there is one of these moments in time that your life is about to be altered forever, who did he call? The logical likely scenario is his parents," she said.

WPTV spoke with a former FBI agent about where this case goes from here. He told us by phone it appears law enforcement will try to determine a time of death to figure out whether they will continue their investigation.
Not knocking this person at all, but I do get tired when experts state obvious, common-sensebobservations that don't require expertise and those statements get turned into quotes and headlines. :rolleyes:

Not enough answers. Brian took those to his grave. Flight/suicide are Consciousness of Guilt legally, but it hasn't yet been determined conclusively that he murdered her, when, or why. All of those questions plus his own death remain unanswered at this point.

Not really. Consciousness of guilt also needs a explanation.

For example a black man charged with raping a white woman in the 1880's in deep south, his fleeing is no way a consciousness of guilt.

In this case, suicide is likely and makes the case for guilt harder to explain.

I've been in a few fast moving threads at WS and wanted to say something to the Mods, especially @Tiff23fr , since it seems like she's been knee deep in the middle of Gabby's fast moving thread.

Thank you for all your hard work doing your darndest to stay current, and keep the threads cleaned up, on track, and moving. It's overwhelming for me to just try to keep up reading the thread. I can't even imagine trying to read AND Mod these fast moving threads. So to you, a big THANK YOU for your hard work. It's noticed, and appreciated. :)

Since I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment....
30955-Copy-1024x320.jpg
Couldn't have said this any better. They have been really amazing!

Yes. I'm sure they'll continue the "investigation" and probably announce the conclusion that brian killed gabby. But there is nothing about the bag and the notebook that will change the outcome of that. Which is what started this convo -- why didn't they care that the parents touched those items before LE did. jmo
I don't know. Maybe because it paled in the fact they had just found human remains and were asking them if the picture was their son's back pack. JMO

BBM

The guy is a hot head.
Yelled, blamed, cussed, talked over the host
Then apologizes .
Passive aggressive .
He ,when questioned on it , admitted he never “knew “ Brian...but imagined he was a good kid yadda yaya…
Circular talker, blame shifter.
Nope , not buying any of what he’s selling .

MOO
That's it, I'm getting off. I have to go watch this! Lol

My thoughts on the SB interview.
1) He was pretty freaking disrespectful to Marni. The folks at NewsNation have covered this case so we’ll & IMO fairly. Trying to get answers to what their viewers are asking while trying to be rooted in reality & respectful to both families. It made me so mad how he was talking to her. I know he apologized at the end but my goodness!!
2) SB acts like the “people on the internet; Twitter, Facebook, all things internet…” are crazed idiots with the questions that are being asked. Granted some stuff is out there, but if enough of their viewership has the same questions, they are obligated to ask that. He forgets how huge of a social media case this is & how a lot of the cable news viewership for this is the ppl on the internet. Not to mention that a lot of ppl have those questions…not just social media users. He was very dismissive of that IMO.
3) He seems to act like the parents’ behavior being questioned is out right preposterous & unwarranted & how their behavior was “simple.” He used the word “simple” so many times.
There were other tidbits like the Cassie thing, but the way SB conducted himself in that interview flew all over me. Props to Marni for keeping it cool & respectful.

All JMO :)
And he was very effective in making it all about Brian when it's really all about Gaby. The questions people have about Brian aren't random questions just to persecute the Laundries (or him), they are only pertinent because he is a person of interest in her death. JMO

I think it very illuminating that SB did not behave that way—yelling, swearing, talking over, & admitting taking his “feelings out on” Marnie—last night w Cuomo. Every concern he railed on about related to the case today, was present yesterday. And yet he was able to maintain decorum then.

I think he really illuminated that bullying & agressive behaviour are not just/ever someone “losing control” or an act of “passion” or whatever. People who act like this are constantly assessing who they can get away with doing it to. Jmo

Last edited:
I am trying to put this together.

He knew that he was not any which way in favor with this girlfriends parents. So showing up with out her is 100% guarantee to create a problem.

So we are expected for him to kill her, wonder home, hang around for a few weeks then kill himself. If he was going to do that, why not kill himself in Wyoming, murder suicide.

Nope drives home and 2 weeks later takes the long nap. Just weird.

So he was on the run, ran to the reserve and was planning on going further, but fill in the blank killed him. But if he was going to run, why not do it from Wyoming?

I can see this.

For those who are attorneys, if a family friend came to you with this situation, what would you do? Would you quickly connect with somebody who has more experience? I think I would think about all the people I know and loop somebody in pretty quickly. Maybe SB did. Not sure. Again and always, JMOO.
I gave my specific example of this earlier in thread (and have said same since Day 1) : even if I had a fair amount of low-mid-level criminal defense experience, if I were a solo general practitioner with real estate as my main concentration and I were approached by a longtime friend looking for representation of multiple family members in a potentially huge situation involving the death of one person and potential lifelong loss of freedom of another, I would be shoring then up in the very immediate term, emphasizing safety, mental health, and constant, assuring supervision of the adult child in trouble, interacting with LE as needed in clients' best interests but mostly only in a placeholder sense, while I spent the bulk of my next hours/days pushing hard through the most trusted of my network to get some warm/very warm introductions to potential high-tier counsel for my friends' child.

In other words, no I would not feel duty-bound by friendship (or motivated for fame) to try to handle this situation completely on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie