Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time, we are hearing about the moments before Brian Laundrie left his parent’s home on Sept. 13 to go to the Carlton Reserve. I asked attorney Steven Bertolino whether Brian’s parents feared Brian may hurt himself. His answer: Everyone knew https://twitter.com/KristinThorne/status/1451372881183715330

MOO...if the laundries and their attorney feared that BL would harm himself, they absolutely could have notified local LE and had him involuntarily committed...again, moo

For the first time, we are hearing about the moments before Brian Laundrie left his parent’s home on Sept. 13 to go to the Carlton Reserve. I asked attorney Steven Bertolino whether Brian’s parents feared Brian may hurt himself. His answer: Everyone knew https://twitter.com/KristinThorne/status/1451372881183715330

I had to stop at the first sentence and listen three times:

SB: "Chris and Roberta knew their son was grieving."

I guess I need to go look at the timeline again, but if I'm not mistaken, GP's body had NOT been found at the time BL went missing into the preserve.

I think it’s very illuminating that SB did not behave that way—yelling, swearing, talking over, & admitting taking his “feelings out on” Marnie—last night w Cuomo. Every concern he railed on about related to the case today, was present yesterday. And yet he was able to maintain decorum then.

I think he really illuminated that bullying & agressive behaviour are not just/ever someone “losing control” or an act of “passion” or whatever. People who act like this are constantly assessing who they get away with doing it to. Jmo
bbm
Agreed w/ all of this ! ^^^
Esp. the bolded.
As in some people who seem out of control are actually very much in control ?
Imo.

I'm included in the group of those who think he is responsible. However, my opinion nor anyone else's opinion is enough to convict someone. The evidence will reveal who is responsible for Gabby's death. IMO.

So you think they'll find a new POI?

There isn't going to be evidence, nor a trial. IMO. Unless they come up with a different person who murdered Gabby.

I am trying to put this together.

He knew that he was not any which way in favor with this girlfriends parents. So showing up with out her is 100% guarantee to create a problem.

So we are expected for him to kill her, wonder home, hang around for a few weeks then kill himself. If he was going to do that, why not kill himself in Wyoming, murder suicide.

Nope drives home and 2 weeks later takes the long nap. Just weird.

So he was on the run, ran to the reserve and was planning on going further, but fill in the blank killed him. But if he was going to run, why not do it from Wyoming?

Perhaps someone in his family talked him into coming home or he might have convinced himself that he was smart enough to talk his way out of it (just like he did during the Moab stop). Once everything hit the media and he realized that wasn't the case, it was too late. IMO.

It’s over. Time to move on.

The lawyer is a hothead from Long Island. They’re very common there. He did his best to help his longtime friends.

Leave the Laundrie’s alone. Let them grieve.
It's far from over, and the investigation into Brian's death is just beginning. His parents have much to answer for.

That's it, I'm getting off. I have to go watch this! Lol
Oof, I didn't see the Marnie interview. The one I watched was earlier this evening... will find the link to that one (ETA: https://twitter.com/TopStoryNBC/status/1451322542594084865?s=20). It was clear already that he has been watching too much media and was angry about how the Ls have been attacked (which reflects badly on how he advised them ETA: in his mind, at least). He really needed /not/ to give more interviews tonight...

Do these animals not eat human dental remains? Is seems that many remains are identified through dental records. It is a good thing, but why are they left?

Well, I skipped a few pages so maybe this has been opined on already. I've had the *joy* of observing/encountering many skeletal remains of animals in Nebraska, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and Colorado...places I've lived and worked in. The remains have been mostly deer, elk, cattle, and some smaller mammal herbivores. The scavengers, like coyotes, bobcats, wolves, foxes, dogs, cats, etc, eat all of the organs and muscle. Given time, maggots eat any remaining soft tissues. The bones are disarticulated and dragged around. It's almost always easy enough to find a skull and lower jaw bone if one cares to look around enough. Same with the vertebrae. Teeth embedded in the upper and lower jaws are almost always still there...at least in the regions I've lived in. I suspect gator country could be different. I also suspect that no self-respecting scavenger or predator would spend time chewing on dental bits unless they were REALLY starving as there's much more succulent prey to pursue. Just MOO, amateur speculation and....etc.

So you think they'll find a new POI?

There isn't going to be evidence, nor a trial. IMO. Unless they come up with a different person who murdered Gabby.

No, I don't think they will. I believe they found their man deceased in the preserve. I should have used a different term than "convict" because of course there won't be a conviction. I do think that the evidence will show he is responsible. IMO.

He's about as unpleasant as he could get and he sure isnt helping the public's understanding, or probably the public's sympathy. JMO
I just listened to that interview.
Good grief, I completely tensed up. Not someone I would want to come across in real life. The snark, dismissiveness, disrespect, aggression...yikes.

I think it’s very illuminating that SB did not behave that way—yelling, swearing, talking over, & admitting taking his “feelings out on” Marnie—last night w Cuomo. Every concern he railed on about related to the case today, was present yesterday. And yet he was able to maintain decorum then.

I think he really illuminated that bullying & agressive behaviour are not just/ever someone “losing control” or an act of “passion” or whatever. People who act like this are constantly assessing who they can get away with doing it to. Jmo
I didn't watch the NN interview, but I saw his interview with Tom Whoever on NBC. Basically the same thing. Said way too much. He also got mad and interrupted, but I have a high tolerance for that (and for New Yorkers in general). Though I'm tired of him. I guess I'll watch this clip at some point but not tonight.

I guess I need to go look at the timeline again, but if I'm not mistaken, GP's body had NOT been found at the time BL went missing into the preserve.

Brian went hiking on September 13.

Sept 19 - FBI press conference - offers condolences to Gabby's family - body found believed to be Gabby

MOO
The fbi has phone/text/computer records from the Laundies and everyone they know. Going back at least back through all of August.
I am convinced (MOO) they have dialogue showing the parents obstruction of justice regarding purchases they made to help BL split. Possibly actual phone/text exchanges.
The parents were the actions of people who were certain their son was about to be in BIG legal trouble, even before GP was reported missing.
Maybe GPs family could sue for pain and suffering. Not saying they would win a case like that, BUT I could ,As someone earlier mentioned require the LE and FBI to disclose evidence?
MOO
But he has been dead since he entered that swamp, and he had no survival equipment with him. He was dead before he was wanted for the misuse of a debit card. What have the laundries done to cause pain and suffering to GP's family? They haven't even spoken to them. There is a freedom of speech which includes the freedom to not speak. The Laundries told the police what they knew, they were under no obligation to tell the public anything.

But maybe BL told them they had broken up and he was grieving the end of the relationship. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member