Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just speculating.

What if the Laundries learned early on that Brian was responsible for Gabby's death and didn't take the Petitos' calls and texts because they had no idea what to say to them? And were trying to figure out what to do with this knowledge themselves?

Just speculating, I am not advocating this theory.

Thoughts from all you brilliant WS minds?

Hand yourself in son.
That is all.

The parents probably thought he was grieving because his fiancé left him. I doubt any parent would jump to the conclusion that murder has occurred.
It’s an odd choice of words considering GP is gone and SB is aware of this now. Saying he was upset fair enough, but grieving. It’s a very strange choice to me. IMO

Where is it reported that he was dead “since he entered the swamp”?
Is my tag of MOO no longer there? He is extremely decomposed, it doesn't look like he was carrying survival supplies in that backpack, no bottles of water have been located, he was wearing the same clothing he left in, and nobody has seen him alive since he left for the swamp. He was found just down from his car on the path that his parents said he took. His parents were concerned that he may have taken his life when they reported him missing. All of that has been reported in different news and police releases. It's just Occam's Razor. The conclusions are all mine. MOO

Brian Laundrie 'was upset when he left home for the final time and ignored dad's pleas to stay' | Daily Mail Online

• Brian Laundrie was upset when he left the Laundrie family home in North Port, Florida, on September 13, the family lawyer has revealed
  • Steven Bertolino said that Brian Laundrie's father Chris asked him to stay, but was unable to prevent him leaving
  • Bertolino on Thursday night told NBC News Now they were angry at the speculation that Chris and Roberta Laundrie may have planted evidence
  • Bertolino also insisted that there was 'no truth' to the idea that the Laundries cooperated to secure immunity from prosecution
  • He revealed that Chris and Roberta had 'conversations' about potential charges against them, but that charges 'were not appropriate'
  • He added: 'There was no threat, there was no coercion, there were no deals'

Perhaps BL didn't expect the missing person's case to go viral with internet sleuthing like it did or for GP to be found so quickly? JMO.

My take was that he fled instinctually, in the manner of some hunted animal; but I'm not sure how well that squares with having the time for several days of blandly bike riding, camping, s'mores, etc.

Question for people who know more about taxidermy things.

Is it possible that teeth could be swapped from one skull fragment to another to fool a dental check?

IF so I do hope the ME/feds do a DNA check on ALL parts and pieces that they find.
MOO
Speculation

IMO, no. The roots and sockets of teeth are as individual as the visible parts, they are not one size fits all. I do some amateur work on natural history specimens (animal skulls) and teeth are a puzzle that only go together one way

Let’s hope Gabbys families can get all her personal stuff back from the laundries

Hope her journals, electronics, jewelry, clothes , treasures were not thrown out .
If she lived there for a year…things should be there. Or are they going to say they were lost in the storage shift (trip home).
This could be phase 2 of the parents sorrow.

MOO

Is my tag of MOO no longer there? He is extremely decomposed, it doesn't look like he was carrying survival supplies in that backpack, no bottles of water have been located, he was wearing the same clothing he left in, and nobody has seen him alive since he left for the swamp. He was found just down from his car on the path that his parents said he took. His parents were concerned that he may have taken his life when they reported him missing. All of that has been reported in different news and police releases. It's just Occam's Razor. The conclusions are all mine. MOO
I missed the report on what items they found it didn't find. So all they have found is the notebook? No food, water, camping gear? Thanks on advance. Jmo

So when will we know Brian's cause of death? I know suicide is likely, but animal attack is possible, I suppose.

I believe it will be determined to be suicide by gunshot wound to the head. <modsnip - no link> Remains were bones which included a partial skull. The skull would have remained intact unless it was shattered by some major head trauma like a gunshot wound.

I wonder if anyone has seen any metal detectors being utilized to find the gun if it was used. They can detect from a few inches to much deeper depending on the model. We easily find targets that are 18” in soil with our mid-range detectors. I am sure the FBI has much more sophisticated equipment.

do you know what was found in his backpack? we don't know what he did or didn't have with him when he went there...and i didn't say he went anywhere, just that we don't know when or how he actually died...
It seemed very light unless there is another backpack than the one in the hands of the police officer which could be. Perhaps the pic I saw wasn't the backpack at all. But I don't believe he's been running around the swamp and just died two weeks ago. He's been dead a long time or he would have been found. mo

IMO, no. The roots and sockets of teeth are as individual as the visible parts, they are not one size fits all. I do some amateur work on natural history specimens (animal skulls) and teeth are a puzzle that only go together one way
Interesting. Just thinking about the possibility of someone even attempting it even in a bad way to try and throw people off.
MOO

Oh, I forgot to mention, in regards to the multiple people asking earlier why some are so sure Brian committed suicide, my thoughts/response on that would be that it seems likely, largely because of the skeletonized condition of the body.

Can I say why this makes sense to me? Maybe not necessarily (lol), but if I had to make a statement as to why I think it makes sense, I would say that if Brian intended to stay alive he would have been alive longer and thus be less decomposed; and I also find it unlikely that he would be dispatched by a predator (if he indeed was) so early in the front end of a stay, probability wise.

It takes remarkably little time for a body to be reduced to bones once the scavengers set on it. I think I've mentioned it before, but we had a deer die in a far part of our yard earlier this year. One day I saw vultures picking at it, watched a bit, and moved on. Maybe a week or two later I went up to that part of the yard (not part of the property I regularly visit), and other than some scattered bones (in maybe a 30-40 foot radius around where it was) you'd never know it was ever there. Mind you we have no alligators in NJ: this was the work of vultures, raccoons, etc. If you have large predators that could take whole limbs away, I'd imagine it could go even faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23