Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their son was alive when SB entered the picture, and now he's dead.
IMO, That is rather harsh. It is SBs job to give his client advice. I am sure (in fact certain) that advice was not for Brian to harm himself.

No-one is responsible for B's actions other than B. Not his parents and certainly not his lawyer.

I like what you’re saying, I just think if he isn’t trained then he should have just kept quiet. I think what he’s done PR wise will impact them for a long time, it comes across as farcical. I’m not complaining that he’s speaking because we get information but from the other perspective I do feel like if the laundries had a different lawyer things may have not been as difficult as it has been for them. Obviously we don’t know their finances which could be a factor why they’ve kept him. Do you know if they have to give him permission to speak to media or can he just do that of his own back? I’m curious about this because I honestly can’t imagine them allowing him to say that they knew BL was grieving before GP was even found. MOO
IMO, he should prepare statements for his clients review. If the client(s) agree, then either issue a written statement or if a verbal statment is given, do not deviate from said script. IMO, SB should not be giving interiews. The information given in them is not consistent and this will only give those on SM and the MSM more fuel to attack both him and the L's.

I can't stop thinking about the picture of the dry bag that fox news released yesterday, the one with a black object peeking out of it. I've attached a picture of it below and here is a link to the article with the photo. What is that black, rectangular thing?

sbm

first of all, thank you so much for posting this! I spent over an hour last night, while I was on the elliptical at the gym, trying to find the full photograph that showed the bottom of the bag, and not the cut off one that is in some of the news stories. I am generally good with searching, so I have no idea why I had such issues.

anyway, anyone out there good with enhancing photos (if that is allowed)?
The first time I saw the photograph, I thought the black object had what looked like a short antenna, and thought it might be a satellite phone. However, now it does indeed look like a rectangular object, like a box with a gold logo on it. Looking at the entire photo, it appears to me that the bag contains more than one object, possibly another box?
All MOO

I am having trouble understanding why, if as the lawyer says CL was upset about BL leaving home at the very beginning, they didn’t just say “we are afraid for our son, he seemed very emotional.” More and more this case is looking like people following poor legal advice. I understand they have the right not to speak, but how did that help them? If they weren’t privy to inside knowledge and didn’t assist BL, why wouldn’t they say “we’re missing our son, we want him home safely.” Instead we got, IMO, obnoxious messages from SB. He’s really made it difficult for me to have as much sympathy as the Laundries may deserve because of his flippancy and anger/outrage when he speaks/texts, etc. Would that anger have been there if he hadn’t spoken/texted? If he didn’t allegedly advise his clients to ignore the Petitos? JMO.

Last edited:
Curious as to his demeanor Sept 1st - 11th. Was he upset because of LE visit on the 11th, confiscating the van, he knew the clock was ticking for LE to come after him. Was he upset/grieving before the 11th? This attorney just keeps making it worse for his parents. Why say they have nothing to say to the Petito’s, why not say they grieve with them for the death of Gabby, offer condolences. He makes them sound like coldhearted uncaring people. Because of all the publicity, they are going to have a terrible time navigating life after this and he was doing nothing to help with that

So he was upset when he left for the reserve, assuming that was the 13th? But not when he went camping with the parents or when he mowed the lawn.

Why? I really think he thought he could just erase the whole thing (the murder, fleeing the scene) from his mind and life.

But once Gaby was reported missing and people on social media caught it, it spread like wildfire. And it all came crashing down, so he left.

I thought initially he was too proud to die, I was obviously wrong.

Makes me wonder what the outcome would be if this didn’t go viral the way it did.

I had this thought on my way to work this morning. In the interview SB did last night, he said he originally got a phone call from CL saying like hey we’re getting some inquiries from the police…can you help us out. However, IIRC the very first time LE came to the house, they handed them SB’s card. Would that not indicate that they called SB before the police made contact with them??

I am having trouble understanding why, if as the lawyer says CL was upset about BL leaving home at the very beginning, they didn’t just say “we are afraid for our son, he seemed very emotional.” More and more this case is looking like people following poor legal advice. I understand they have the right not to speak, but how did that help them? If they weren’t privy to inside knowledge and didn’t assist BL, why wouldn’t they say “we’re missing our son, we want him home safely.” Instead we got, IMO, obnoxious messages from SB. He’s really made it difficult for me to have as much sympathy as the Laundries may deserve because of his flippancy and anger/outrage when he speaks/texts, etc. Would that anger have been there if he hasn’t spoken/texted? If he didn’t allegedly advise his clients to ignore the Petitos? JMO.
My impression also of the statements he is making, just made a similar post. I understand the primary focus/job was was to protect Brian There are many layers to this that a better attorney would address in my opinion. The statements he has made have just made the Laundries look like horrible despicable uncaring people and I don’t know if that’s really the case. SB has totally ignored navigating a path for the Laundries to have a somewhat decent live after all of this. His most recent interview saying that they have nothing to say to the Petito’s just fuels the fire of hate from the public, why not say they grieve with the Petitos, offer condolences. MOO

I had this thought on my way to work this morning. In the interview SB did last night, he said he originally got a phone call from CL saying like hey we’re getting some inquiries from the police…can you help us out. However, IIRC the very first time LE came to the house, they handed them SB’s card. Would that not indicate that they called SB before the police made contact with them??
Not necessarily.

Agree with what you said. What interview was this?

I may stand alone, but contrary to SB, every day is about Gabby. Brian made choices, bad choices and continued down that path. He brought down two families in his pursuit of bad choices. Had his bad choices only injured him there might be some level of sympathy, but those choices have caused lifelong damage to everyone around him. The most important being the true victim here, Gabrielle Petito. A beautiful person just beginning to blossom who's only bad choice in this situation was to love the wrong person and trust the wrong family.

So he was upset when he left for the reserve, assuming that was the 13th? But not when he went camping with the parents or when he mowed the lawn.

Why? I really think he thought he could just erase the whole thing (the murder, fleeing the scene) from his mind and life.

But once Gaby was reported missing and people on social media caught it, it spread like wildfire. And it all came crashing down, so he left.

Makes me wonder what the outcome would be if this didn’t go viral the way it did.

IMO when he left for the reserve the police had been to his home days prior, 9/11. IIRC Before that he carrying on as normal - camping, mowing the lawn. I think the trigger was LE showing up and asking questions. The gig was about to be up. IMO

ETA to my comment - Thread 1, the very first comment of GP thread was dated 9/12/2021.

SB is angry at all the speculation but HE could have avoided most of it with a few well-crafted statements at appropriate times.

After total silence and ghosting the panicked Petitos he actually tweeted this when they found her strangled rotting corpse tossed in the wilderness:

“May Gabby Rest In Peace”

Worst. PR. Ever.

SB said in both videos I've watched that when Brian left that night? Then also has stated the L's or CL searched Monday night for hours. So did he leave Sunday night the 12th? If he left Monday night the 13th, they wouldn't be right behind him looking for him, would they?

If it didn't go viral he might be alive and in custody. <modsnip> If it didn't go viral a bunch of social media attention <modsnip> wouldn't be camped out on the Laundries lawn begging for "donations." If it didn't go viral BLs sister's kids would have endured far less harassment....

Last edited by a moderator:
sbm

first of all, thank you so much for posting this! I spent over an hour last night, while I was on the elliptical at the gym, trying to find the full photograph that showed the bottom of the bag, and not the cut off one that is in some of the news stories. I am generally good with searching, so I have no idea why I had such issues.

anyway, anyone out there good with enhancing photos (if that is allowed)?
The first time I saw the photograph, I thought the black object had what looked like a short antenna, and thought it might be a satellite phone. However, now it does indeed look like a rectangular object, like a box with a gold logo on it. Looking at the entire photo, it appears to me that the bag contains more than one object, possibly another box?
All MOO
It took me a hot minute to find this morning! I had to edit the photo I attached to make it under the file size limit. The original image is here, once again from this article because images need sources. It's of a much higher quality and it looks like you can zoom in on it pretty well. I'm not good at photo editing, but I hope that helps!
It makes sense that it would be a logo, even more so than a butterfly IMO. Good thinking!!!
I agree that there's got to be more than one thing in that dry bag, jmo. I think I see something orange on the bottom, but that might be the reflection off the bag itself. But I think we can rule out smaller objects since there are two huge holes in the bottom of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson