Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this thought on my way to work this morning. In the interview SB did last night, he said he originally got a phone call from CL saying like hey we’re getting some inquiries from the police…can you help us out. However, IIRC the very first time LE came to the house, they handed them SB’s card. Would that not indicate that they called SB before the police made contact with them??
I think it's possible the Laundries handed them SB's card before they actually called him. They may have already started to have worries about
Again, I'm probably in the minority here, but I have far less blame for SB than I do for the Laundrie family. At any time the Laundrie family could have made the choice to do right by Gabby, even against the advice of their attorney. Their attorney had no relationship with Gabby, owed her nothing, but the Laundries can't make the same claim. As for not being able to stop his son from leaving? CL could easily have called the police the moment his son left the driveway. He chose not to and while it's not his fault his son made a decision to most likely go out there and die that day, there was plenty he could have done to prevent it.

And if his son were suicidal? Threatening death by cop? Would CL want to rain that scenario down on their heads? So many possibilities. We just don't know enough to condemn them. If culpability is proven, I will. Till the I remain open and sympathetic. All my opinion, of course.

Re: possible suicide note(s). When Emily Glass shot and killed herself after revealing where she hid Lucas’ body - she left three suicide notes recorded in police report images. None of those images or photos of the suicide scene were released AFAIK. Request to Kansas Open Records: denied. I believe his father was told what one of them said and he shared to media. Until I remembered this, I thought LE might share but idk. Legalese isn’t in my wheelhouse.
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2012->Chapter 286 : Online Sunshine

The parents may’ve been asking him questions about his concocted breakup story involving Gabby and BL became upset over their probing and took off. Such a hypothetical scenario, should the parents have suspected he was suicidal? We just don’t have enough information to accurately judge their failure to have predicted the future.

I am still wondering where they went camping on the 11th.

Did they come back on the 12th and find Gabby's van gone, with an impound notice stuck on their front door?

That would have started a lot of questions from his parents. "Why is Gabby's van impounded, Brian?" "I thought you said she would be by to get it." Questions that might have upset BL, because he couldn't tell them the real answer. Some people use anger and upset to deflect questions they don't want to answer.

This was probably covered extensively overnight, and I apologize for repeating if that's the case, but regarding the gold embossed thing.......has there been speculation that it's a butterfly? Is there speculation that whatever that black item is, it could have belonged to Gabby? If it's L-shaped, or a pyramid, it doesn't seem like it could be the notebook, unless it's only part of a notebook. Could BL have brought something treasured by Gabby out into the reserve to end it all? He certainly had access to everything she owned, whether in the van or at his parents' house. If that gold thing is a butterfly sticker, man.......... MOO
That's exactly what I was thinking. I said last night as well that I thought it was a butterfly because that's such a distinct shape. Of course, men can own stuff with butterflies on it and there's no telling who's it is but my gut reaction was that it was Gabby's. JMO. Someone here pointed out that the gold thing very well could be a logo and I think that's a good point. Whatever it is, it looks to be fairly big, bigger than say a coin, compared to the officer's hand that's showing, and looks metallic like gold foil. The black thing it's on is large, I'd say 9 inches to a foot wide, and it's not the notebook, the notebook was found separately according to the fox news article and the photographer who took the photo.

He gave terrible advice somewhere along the way and a man has taken his own life as a result. This is my opinion. But the Laundries certainly didn't have to heed his advice, so I believe they are responsible too. Their sign could still be alive if different choices had been made.
IMO MOO
Why do you think that being charged with murder and being made a spectacle of would have saved his life? People are so riled up about Gabby, it wouldn't surprise me if they wouldn't have taken matters into their own hands. People's emotions have become so accelerated that I don't think anything he or his family would have said would have been believed or understood. I'm sorry for the lives lost, and don't think any of us know enough about what was going on behind the scenes of a few news clips or talking heads' analysis to make any judgements of any of the involved parties.

If the dry bag was with BL the entire time, why did it look so clean and DRY in the photos? Wouldn't it have been submerged?

In my opinion it's as simple as the area where BL's remains and personal items were found were previously under water. The area has since dried out as did that dry bag. To me it didn't look like it was in great shape, it also looked worn from use. IMO

BBM. This right here tells me a lot. They are cooperating fully with the FBI on BLs missing persons case but are not with GPs case. This is why the public is suspicious of the Ls. This right here. SB continues to put this narrative out there and he's their lawyer so we take what he says as fact, for better or worse.
They didn’t give a crap about Gabby and that is coming to light now. IMO

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie family attorney speaks out after discovery of Brian's remains

GS: Is that because they have been cooperating with the FBI?
SB: I'm sorry, did you say that we were cooperating?
GS: Because you are, because the family is cooperating with the FBI?
SB: Well George, I have been quite clear from the very beginning. When it comes to the FBI, we have absolutely nothing to say with respect to the Gabby Petito incident. With respect to Brian, we've been cooperating from Day 1. And, you know, those are two different, from a legal perspective, those are two different scenarios. One was the missing persons with Brian. One was the missing persons with Gabby.
GS: Is there anything that the Laundries want to say to Gabby Petito's family this morning?
SB: Not at this time. Like I said, George, I haven't spoken to Chris and Roberta.
See, this is where he sounds obnoxious. He sounds like they can’t be bothered to speak about anything about Gabby but they’re very concerned about BL. IMO, a family could be concerned for both people. You can put your son first and love him the most and ALSO feel sad for the loss of a young woman you live with and spent time with. And because the Laundries haven’t fired this lawyer or made their own statement, it leaves me with the feeling that they are callous people who disregarded Gabby. I don’t know if any of that is true, but their public mouthpiece leaves me with that feeling. And it’s entirely unnecessary. JMO.

Nancy Grace: Brian Laundrie's parents unlikely to ever face charges

Fox Nation host Nancy Grace told 'Fox & Friends' on Friday that its unlikely Brian Laundrie's parents will face charges, unless they did an "overt act."

"I would be more concerned if I were them about aiding, abetting and encouraging him, hiding out from police and not revealing the truth," she said. "Here's the fly in the ointment -- unless they did an overt act, they will never be prosecuted."

Brian Laundrie cause of death info may come out today, lawyer says: LIVE UPDATES

If the dry bag was with BL the entire time, why did it look so clean and DRY in the photos? Wouldn't it have been submerged?
It had previously been submerged but then water levels went down and I think it dried out. The wear and tear on it, how dirty it is, all point to it being out there IMO for an extended period of time.

None of us truly know how we would react under similar circumstances .

We don't know what BL told the family

We don't know what the family told LE

We dont know the extent of their cooperation with LE

Why give a comment when every single word spoken is being dissected.

An innocuous statement is transformed into an admission of guilt.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think that being charged with murder and being made a spectacle of would have saved his life? People are so riled up about Gabby, it wouldn't surprise me if they wouldn't have taken matters into their own hands. People's emotions have become so accelerated that I don't think anything he or his family would have said would have been believed or understood. I'm sorry for the lives lost, and don't think any of us know enough about what was going on behind the scenes of a few news clips or talking heads' analysis to make any judgements of any of the involved parties.

I personally think that if his lawyer had advised he turn himself in and tell the story about what happened, BL may have gotten a much lighter sentence than evading police. Obviously I can't say what SB advised since I wasn't there, but if he did advise BL to not cooperate, that would have made it much worse than just telling the truth. IMO MOO

Re: possible suicide note(s). When Emily Glass shot and killed herself after revealing where she hid Lucas’ body - she left three suicide notes recorded in police report images. None of those images or photos of the suicide scene were released AFAIK. Request to Kansas Open Records: denied. I believe his father was told what one of them said and he shared to media. Until I remembered this, I thought LE might share but idk. Legalese isn’t in my wheelhouse.
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2012->Chapter 286 : Online Sunshine
Even if Brian left a note, I really don't care to know what's in it. If he were remorseful he would have told the family where he left her. He didn't, and that's the end of it for me. Anything he wanted the public to know, his possible final request, is a request I feel should be denied.

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie family attorney speaks out after discovery of Brian's remains

GMA interview

This stood out to me so I transcribed this part of the interview at the end.
Transcribed from interview:
GS: Did Brian tell the Laundries about anything about what happened to Gabby before he disappeared?
SB: George, that's not something I can comment on right now and I'd like to just leave it at that.
GS: Well if you can't comment on it, that means you know something about it.
SB: Well, I think everyone out there knows that the family and myself have some information to share but there's not much we can say at this point and time and I'm just going to leave it at no comment.
GS: Is that because they have been cooperating with the FBI?
SB: I'm sorry, did you say that we were cooperating?
GS: Because you are, because the family is cooperating with the FBI?
SB: Well George, I have been quite clear from the very beginning. When it comes to the FBI, we have absolutely nothing to say with respect to the Gabby Petito incident. With respect to Brian, we've been cooperating from Day 1. And, you know, those are two different, from a legal perspective, those are two different scenarios. One was the missing persons with Brian. One was the missing persons with Gabby.
GS: Is there anything that the Laundries want to say to Gabby Petito's family this morning?
SB: Not at this time. Like I said, George, I haven't spoken to Chris and Roberta. Yesterday was, you know, very hard on them. And I'm sure everyone can imagine. I'm sure at some point in the future, you know, comments may be had.
GS: Mr. Bertolino, thanks very much for your time this morning.
SB: George, thanks for having me. Have a good day.

Thanks for this!!!

They all know what happened, moo. Looking for immunity and possibly rights to the Lifetime Movie, or maybe an agreement with GPs family to never disclose information.

I've lost all sympathy.

Moo..I don't feel they will ever tell what they know. No words for this bunch.
Moo

I agree. I hope this tragedy will result in healthy discussion about the reality of domestic violence. Popular opinion has BL and his family portrayed as such bad people that it’s a wonder Gabby wouldn’t have went running the minute she met him. Life is not always so black and white. I believe there was true love and happiness in those photos Gabby posted on her vlog so the question is what went wrong?

If the L’s were so worried about BL leaving because it was so apparent he was grieving and upset why give him your car keys?

SB said the parents can’t stop a 22 year old from leaving, why hand him the keys to enable him an easy way to leave then?

Maybe they didn't hand him the keys? Maybe he grabbed them and took off. Could they report the car as stoilen? Not sure.

If it didn’t go viral, thousands of people may not have been exposed to the very complicated dynamics of DV. They may not have seen that what looks idyllic in pictures may be something with dark and shadows. They may not have had the chance to learn from what happened in Moab and receive more education in the future. One person has probably chosen to leave a bad relationship or realized that they were in a toxic relationship because it went viral. We can learn from everything about this situation and try to do better. I just wish every missing person could go viral and get the support their lives deserve. JMO.
And yet, after all this, there are still deniers. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff