Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once this case blew up with National and International attention, he should have referred his client to a highly experienced criminal lawyer in Florida with good PR skills to get out there on the front lawn, conduct press briefings, and control the situation. IMOO

When a mob of protestors consistently showed up every day on their front yard, beyond what the police could handle, ya think they might have said to their lawyer friend, “Hey, we need someone out there to manage this situation.”

Re: Notebook concerns
I am a professional art/artifact conservator with a lot of disaster response experience.
The notebook, which we now know is in fact a paper notebook, is going to be completely salvageable.
The FBI knows how to deal with this because we train them and have people on contract to respond with non disclosure.
The notebook will need to be dried out completely usually with circulating air, fanned open, to prevent pages from sticking together and mold growth
then it can be be separated with each page washed to remove any debris or biogrowth.
The ink, I am 100% sure will not be affected by any of this. really only washable markers and some art pens are the only thing water would wash out and ink is mostly soluble in alcohol, if at all.

bottom line, the notebook would be okay, but yeah its no guarantee of why

I can't agree with you about the ink not being affected by water. It depends on what type of ink was used. The gel ink pens I use will completely wash off of paper if the paper gets wet. If the ink does not get wet, it is fine. I have learned the hard way not to address envelopes with ink from a gel pen. Otherwise the address will wash off if it gets caught in the rain.

If SB is telling the truth that he notified FBI when BL did not return from his Monday day hike (on Tuesday the 14th?) why on earth would the FBI not notify NPPD?
I still don't believe SB's telling the truth about that. IMO he's either lying or misdirecting, like maybe he called some low-level flunky with no knowledge of the case so he could later say "hey I called the FBI myself," etc. It's my opinion that if the FBI had been informed on the 13th that BL had gone to the park, the feds would have gone to the park then (and not waited until he was "officially" reported missing on the 17th), and they would have informed NPPD since they need the help and cooperation of local LE wherever they go. JMO, MOO, etc.

PLEASE HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT TODAY'S SHOW. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

WE GO LIVE AT A SPECIAL TIME TODAY 5 PM EASTERN, 4 PM CENTRAL, 3 PM MOUNTAIN, 2 PM PACIFIC. WE WELCOME DEATH INVESTIGATOR JOSEPH SCOTT MORGAN AND THE CREW FROM NBC/UNIVERSAL STUDIOS. MR. MORGAN IS ONE OF THE MOST RESPECTED DEATH INVESTIGATORS IN THE NATION. HE JOINS US TO DISCUSS THE LAUNDRIE CASE. CHECK OUT HIS NEW PODCAST THAT DROPPED TODAY CALLED "BODY BAGS" https://tinyurl.com/twy5se The TV crew will be filming what I do throughout my day. I advised them to bring a book because the biggest action they will see is when I scold my dog for eating the cat food or if they are lucky I will do one of my magnificent face plants after tripping over my own shoelaces. It is a wild time in my house I'll tell ya. See you all at 5 PM Eastern today.

I respectfully disagree. I think the Laundries will remain as silent as they have been. I think once the fervor has worn down, they will speak privately to GP's family and tell them whatever they may know. They have never shown that they are seeking publicity, quite the opposite. I could be 100% wrong, but nothing I've seen so far makes me think I am.

Past behavior is the best indication of future behavior. I expect the Laundries to remain silent, not speak with the Petitos, and their lawyer will continue to issue bumbling statements. IMOO

Nobody hands over the keys to their only mode of transportation and credit cards and says later!
Maybe, I'm more naturally curious but I'd grill him, "How will she get home? Will she be ok? Who is she with? Are her parents aware?"
Her only mode? So BL did not take a plane back to florida? I guess she could not fly.

They were supposed to meet friends in yellowstone.
Lets play what if.
So what if they get into a huge argument. He realizes that if the cops show up both of them could go to jail, and being the male, only he will be charged. Just look at the comments in the this forum, he was the aggressor even though she hit him. He says he can not do this any more and she breaks up with him.

She declares that she is going on with friends that are coming from yellowstone to meet her. She then tells him to take the van and the card to get it back to florida. Remember she does not like to drive it.

She goes out to camp, waiting for morning to meet friends. And the same person that killed the couple in utah kills her. The friends shows up and she does not show up. Or she lied about the friends coming.

He uses the credit card to get the van home, thinking she is now having a affair with the new friends and is really upset. He ignores the phone calls, he ignores parents because he thinks she is sleeping with another person.

On sept 11 the parents file a missing person, and he realizes that he was the last person to see her alive. That the friends was either a lie or the killer. He does not know who they are because it was gabbie that talk to them online. The police know of this person from the records, which is why brian was not charge with her murder.

Brian realizes the only person he loves is missing and probably dead. He then wanders into a forest and kills himself.

With this what if, all the marks are checked.

Why was she found away from the camp site in a tent, because she was waiting for friends to show up to pick her up.
Why did he return alone with her van and her cards. She wanted the van to be safe, she let him use the cards to get her van back to florida. Remember she did not like to drive it, so it was either leave it in wyoming or have her parents come get it.
Why did he not contact her parents, she was out with friends that he thought she was having an affair with.
Why did she leave him, because he was done with this van life and she found another ride to finish her trip.
Why did he act normal after he got back, because he did not know she was dead.
Why did he run and kill himself, because he knew he screwed. Protestors outside the house day and night. People proclaiming him the monster. He finds that what he thought was true was not. She was missing and possibly dead.

Once again, if he was going to kill himself over her death, he would have done it in Wyoming. If he was going to run, he would have run in wyoming. In no world do you go home knowing that you killed her.

All wild speculation and my theory.

I respectfully disagree. I think the Laundries will remain as silent as they have been. I think once the fervor has worn down, they will speak privately to GP's family and tell them whatever they may know. They have never shown that they are seeking publicity, quite the opposite. I could be 100% wrong, but nothing I've seen so far makes me think I am.
Agree that I don’t think they will ever go public. I don’t think they will ever speak with Gabby's family, hope I am wrong though.

I do wish the people harassing the Ls would go home. IMO it’s a time to show compassion and if that is not possible then it’s time for silence. If they are guilty of helping BL run and hide (up the road), LE will deal with them. I just don’t believe they did anything outside of being insensitive (or appearing insensitive). I do wish they had communicated what they knew to GPs family or LE, but they exercised their rights. Do we really know that they did not allow LE access to BL or was BL off the chain (refusing to cooperate or even threatening when LE came to the house)? IMO. We just don’t know. We do know they hired an attorney who told them to not say anything. For all we know, they’ve been grieving Gabby behind closed doors. They’ve now lost their son. This is within a short time span and most likely extremely unexpected and difficult to process. I’m not supporting their insensitivity toward Gabby’s family and I do believe they knew (or suspected) enough that they could have told Gabby’s parents something useful. I just feel they’ve been through enough. Throwing laundry baskets into their yard, chanting, signs that say “chomp, chomp, chomp,” and rolling coal toward their house is not doing a thing for Gabby’s memory or in the name of justice. Just go home. You’ve made your point. All IMO.

This is how I feel, too. No matter what was said or done, BL’s parents are grieving. The loss of a child is something no one should ever have to go through (regardless of the circumstances). MOO

I think that SB and many others (including some posters here) here are churning up the media frenzy. I think SB and his clients are going to sell their story to the highest bidder and that keeping the protests going (by calling attention to them constantly) and keeping the public angry (by changing facts constantly) are all in hopes of upping the bidding war of publishers and TV shows that is to come. sickening.
I disagree. They seem private people to me. I cannot imagine them doing such a thing.

I still don't believe SB's telling the truth about that. IMO he's either lying or misdirecting, like maybe he called some low-level flunky with no knowledge of the case so he could later say "hey I called the FBI myself," etc. It's my opinion that if the FBI had been informed on the 13th that BL had gone to the park, the feds would have gone to the park then (and not waited until he was "officially" reported missing on the 17th), and they would have informed NPPD since they need the help and cooperation of local LE wherever they go. JMO, MOO, etc.
Do you think he said that knowing that FBI never confirms or denies, so no one can prove he is lying except the FBI and they aren't saying? lol jmo

Agree that I don’t think they will ever go public. I don’t think they will ever speak with Gabby's family, hope I am though.
I sincerely hope they reach out to Gabby's family. I agree that they will not go public. They lost a child, public perception doesn't matter and if they've known it in their hearts all along, public perception never did matter.

He's not a likable people person. PR is NOT his forte. I suggest he quit trying to fix his image and the laundries.
Agreed.
SB is doing more harm than good !
Ignoring the desperate pleas of a young ladies' family whom they may have known was deceased at their son's hand is not "fixable", in any sense of the word !
MOO.

Yeah, no one would do that. IF he thinks he's injured her then he gets help and says it was an accident etc
Agreed.
Any decent person would !
Imo.

You're right, the Laundries and Brian have sucked the air out of the room. And it's amazing how the public forgets a beautiful young woman who was strangled to death by the person she loved and then left while he used her vehicle and money to try to get away with the crime. She had protected him Moab and he sought that same protection even after killing her.
I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with your post.

Why do you think that being charged with murder and being made a spectacle of would have saved his life? People are so riled up about Gabby, it wouldn't surprise me if they wouldn't have taken matters into their own hands. People's emotions have become so accelerated that I don't think anything he or his family would have said would have been believed or understood. I'm sorry for the lives lost, and don't think any of us know enough about what was going on behind the scenes of a few news clips or talking heads' analysis to make any judgements of any of the involved parties.

Being made a spectacle of??!

If he'd turned himself in, he'd still be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak