Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this thought on my way to work this morning. In the interview SB did last night, he said he originally got a phone call from CL saying like hey we’re getting some inquiries from the police…can you help us out. However, IIRC the very first time LE came to the house, they handed them SB’s card. Would that not indicate that they called SB before the police made contact with them??

I think LE were handed the lawyer info on 9/11. There were two incidents recorded by police on 9/10. Perhaps that is when CL called SB? Moo

No one would pay to see a movie where the parents saunter into the reserve (after having waited for public access!!) who casually find their missing son's belongings, then disturb evidence by putting the journal into the white bag, then waiting 20-30 minutes to hand it over to LE. (Per reporter's tweets yesterday, posted here, who was close to the couple the whole time.)

I do believe we haven't been provided with the whole story about a possible deal being cut near the end. If only they had done that on Sept 11, and not followed their lawyer's wishes. They would still have their son, albeit in serious trouble, but at least breathing.

IMO

I say this only with hindsight, but the L's committed no crimes, imo. It was their son and their son alone who did all that.

Under our Constitution we are fortunately allowed to not speak, it's our right.

Media and SM fed this beast and this storyline until it gained enough traction that we the public all believed it to be true.

They were never criminals in my mind, breaking any laws. Like it or not, I believe these are the facts. I think the public acted appallingly towards the L's because of what their son was accused of and indicted for not because they were guilty of anything.

That whole idea caught fire and stuck, it was like a runaway train and look at where that train stopped, right where the L's said there son was found. People complaining about the costs of the search, the waste of time it was, and chasing ghosts across the country and in the end he was right where his parent's suspected he was. So really what did the L's do wrong, just because they exercised their right to remain silent. jmo

I think BL knew she'd be found as soon as the parents started calling and he knew they'd file a missing persons report.

He wanted to die, rather than live with the guilt and rather than go to prison.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1451404107827367937?t=fEkJMgTsnKbq-0FdDw4b9w&s=19

How did he know two lives were lost on 9/14?

Edit: 5:20ish mark I believe.

Looking back over the statements issued, especially this one and also considering the behavior of the parents I believe they knew where BL was and why he had gone there. The parents will have unsuccessfully searched for him and brought the car back as they knew it was no longer needed there. If so, the silence and behavior of his parents is most likely down to grieving for the loss of their son, choosing to keep silent to the general public under his body was recovered. All this took place before Gabby's body was found. It was mentioned a few times that they've cooperated fully with LE since BL was reported missing. I feel they knew what had happened, not sure if they knew before BL arrived home or if they found out that day but I would guess before. They were also most likely mourning Gabby's loss to some degree but didn't have the respect to help find her body even after their son had died. MOO

Wanted to reply to a post asking do we know if BL’s parents denied LE request to speak with BL when LE came to inquire about GP.

Attached to this tweet is a photo of the probable cause affidavit for a search warrant to seize a hard drive/computer from the van.
Item number 9 says:

“ BL’s family stated that the subject (Gabby) was not at the residence and they did not know her whereabouts. They refused to allow Brian to speak with law enforcement and directed the officers on scene to speak with their attorney.”
https://twitter.com/ashergrey/status/1440060652307959812?s=21

When did she post about being in Wyoming??? her insta last post was from the monarch wall in Ogden, Utah...5 whole hours driving time away from where she was found...this "last known position" sounds like speculation imo
They post pictures several days weeks and months after they take them. Posting date doesn't place them at that location of the timestamp.

I say this only with hindsight, but the L's committed no crimes, imo. It was their son and their son alone who did all that.

Under our Constitution we are fortunately allowed to not speak, it's our right.

Media and SM fed this beast and this storyline until it gained enough traction that we the public all believed it to be true.

They were never criminals in my mind, breaking any laws. Like it or not, I believe these are the facts. I think the public acted appallingly towards the L's because of what their son was accused of and indicted for not because they were guilty of anything.

That whole idea caught fire and stuck, it was like a runaway train and look at where that train stopped, right where the L's said there son was found. People complaining about the costs of the search, the waste of time it was, and chasing ghosts across the country and in the end he was right where his parent's suspected he was. So really what did the L's do wrong, just because they exercised their right to remain silent. jmo
That's the big problem when commonly accepted mores and moral standards are not supported by the actual law. Citizens justifiably are outraged, and those seeming to thumb their nose at moral standards are attacked. IMO

They post pictures several days weeks and months after they take them. Posting date doesn't place them at that location of the timestamp.
Yes but my point was that they never posted a picture of them in Wyoming, nor did they tag these later posts with information data to even suggest that they were in Wyoming or give Spread Creek as their last known location, which OP claims they did.
Anyway...

Animals don't typically eat skulls, although they might gnaw on them. Lower jaw might get carried away, but unlikely, not much on it. To eat/crush a skull requires an animal with quite a large jaw and teeth designed for the task (alligator teeth are designed to puncture, not gnaw). It's the other parts of the body that usually get eaten first and rodents carry away. smaller bones to gnaw, as rodents must gnaw on something to keep their own teeth the right length.

Panthers and mountain lions will gnaw on the spine and may get to the brain, but not usually by cracking or crushing the skull - even African lions have a tough time doing anything other than licking out the contents of the skull. Takes a long time for the larger bones to actually dissolve.

So I am confident that a bit more information will be gained from the bones than what we know now. If no gun was used, it may be hard to determine cause of death at this point, though. I don't even this ME or Coroner, that's for sure.
Hyenas love to eat bones, but they aren't in the reserve, lol. I don't know of other animals that do.

Don't forget, it was the weekend. The L's may not have had immediate access to their attorney. Lawyers are not (generally) a 24/7 service.
He went hiking on a Monday. SB stated the family notified him. SB called FBI, but did not chose to file a missing person report with NPPD, all on Monday. The local police would handle a misssing person, not the FBI. As of Monday, 9-13, he had not been charged with any crime.

Moo....

That's the big problem when commonly accepted mores and moral standards are not supported by the actual law. Citizens justifiably are outraged, and those seeming to thumb their nose at moral standards are attacked. IMO

But being immoral isn't illegal, it isn't a crime. Live and let live, we are all entitled to be complete jerks or the nicest people in the world, at least in this country.

The body was in a camp ground he visited. She posted they were their online. It was the last placed she posted. The body was found about with in 300 yards of his last know position?

And, remember, he could have dumped the body anywhere between wyoming and florida.
She used an app for search and rate campgrounds and Spread Creek was one of the ones saved to her account. I'm not sure about the "last known position" bit though - where did you get that fact? Link please!

The question I want to ask...

Why did SB contact the FBI on 9/13-14 to report BL missing? On the 14th GP had not been found and no charges had been filed on the bank account. Why didn't BLs parents report him missing? Even on the 17th when "conversations were had" prior to reporting BL missing to NPPD, SB insured/protected the Ls from questions regarding GP.

Even the protesters don't seem to phase these folks. Everyone begging for answers of what hapoen to GP and they remain silent. Says alot to me...
Moo...
OOh! I know the answer to this one! I was going to post yesterday, but by the time I had researched it, the thread had closed.

GP missing persons report was created in Suffolk County, NY. NPPD was assisting. FBI Tampa also stated they were assisting 13th Sept. I suspect that the FBI were the lead agency by the time SB reported that BL was missing.

I can't agree with you about the ink not being affected by water. It depends on what type of ink was used. The gel ink pens I use will completely wash off of paper if the paper gets wet. If the ink does not get wet, it is fine. I have learned the hard way not to address envelopes with ink from a gel pen. Otherwise the address will wash off if it gets caught in the rain.
In the picture of BL under the blanket eating the apple where the notebooks and pens are visible, MOO 3 of the 6 pens appear to be Sakura Pigma Micron pens, which are waterproof. JMO

Don't forget, it was the weekend. The L's may not have had immediate access to their attorney. Lawyers are not (generally) a 24/7 service.
Agreed. However, if they’re a family friend they might be? I know with my friends that are lawyers, if I needed something….whenever it popped off I’d call them haha!

Imagine if BL lived to turn himself in for the Federal Bank Warrant… just walked into a police station, said nothing, got a good criminal defense lawyer, and waited to see what evidence was presented. It would be a whole different situation.
Exactly.
And if his parents turned him in as soon as he confessed to them what he did (I'm assuming Gabby's death was at his hands and no one else's), he would be alive today.

The burden of proof is on the prosecution and if they couldn't definitively tie his involvement in Gabby's murder -- but only circumstantially, he may have had a light sentence or even walked.
Imo.

This is how I understood what he said.

[Bertolino, speaking about what he said in the past] On September 14th, when I first went on video, I said there are two families here that have suffered a great tragedy. [Then, he speaks about the present situation] There are two young people that have now lost their lives.

You could still question what he meant by a great tragedy, when as far as everyone knew, Gabby was missing. Did he allude to her being missing, or did he allude that Gabby was deceased? As BL's attorney, he could certainly have known that she was deceased before her remains were found, if BL knew.

ETA: I wonder if he is remembering what he said on Sept 14th incorrectly as it would have been premature as a lawyer to say on that date that it was a great tragedy.

Did Bertolino ever use the phrase' 2 families... great tragedy' around the 14th Sept?
I know he didn't use it in his written statement at that time

What I haven't found is that interview/verbal comment he made with a local TV reporter who was outside his law office, around the 14th. If anyone remembers that ,be interested to see a link to it & can check his exact words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member