Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still 50/50 on BL's COD. We don't yet know for sure if it was suicide, unless I missed something in these fast moving threads. Hopefully we will hear soon. JMHO

I doubt we will know anytime soon.

Maybe if it was an injury to the skull, such as a gunshot wound, and assuming they have the entire skull, or enough to determine if there is a gunshot wound, they could make that determination fairly quickly, especially if they find a gun, shells, etc. in the vicinity where the remains were found.

I think that other causes of death would be harder to determine with skeletal remains, such as a snakebite, drug overdose, dehydration, death from drinking contaminated water, etc.

As far as knowing time of death, with skeletal remains that have been immersed in water, I think it will be an estimate, largely based on the last time he was seen alive (Sept 13th, according to his parents).

Brian Laundrie's lawyer blows off steam after client's remains are found: 'I'm upset, I'm angry'

"I’m upset, I’m angry, and for the last four hours I’ve been dealing with — I just have to call it nonsense," Bertolino told NewsNation on Thursday.

The attorney, who has represented the Laundries since mid-September, took shots at the media, the public and protesters outside of the family's North Port, Florida, home.

"They're extremely upset, and for some unknown reason, there are still people outside of their home, yelling and screaming and causing a ruckus, which any parent grieving the loss of a child should not have to deal with," Bertolino said.

Bertolino called the idea that the Laundries planted Brian's remains and belongings in the park "bull----" on Thursday.

"If you've got the FBI, the local PD, an independent news reporter, all there at the same time seeing the same thing, you've got quote-unquote surveillance of the Laundries 24/7 by protesters and members of the press, when did you think these items were planted?" Bertolino said Thursday.

"Did you really think the Laundries had skeletal remains of their son in a plastic bag and brought them to the preserve? Do you realize how ludicrous that is, how aggravating, how maddening it is to even hear those things?"

Bertolino said that he agreed to work with the Laundries after Chris called him in mid-September when the family started getting calls from law enforcement. The attorney had known Brian since he was an "infant" but only knew him as "the child of a friend of mine."

Last edited:
I believe there are many victims in this tragedy. The Laundries are one of them. I'm heartbroken for what they are going through.
If Brian lied to them about Gabby, they get a pass UNTIL NS started contacting them. At that point they had to know that Brian had lied to them about Gabby. From that point forward, they have created this media attention on themselves. They could partially redeem themselves if they would tell what they know and when they knew it. They have no obligation to anyone to do that, but it may be in their best interest to do it now. If they continue the silence, they should expect the media attention and noise and speculation. Just a fact of life. If, on the other hand, they knew that Gabby was dead, because Brian told them, they get no pass at all for not contacting authorities, and may well be in legal jeopardy. jmo

Finding her body has nothing to do with his grief I don't think. He knew what he had done and he was grieving for the life he took. He knew everything was over.
Absolutely agree with. But my point was, why did the parents think he was in grief, if they truly never knew anything about anything? That public statement from the lawyer that the parents knew he was "grieving" on the 13th could still be something they will have to deal with in coming suits/deals, etc. IMO

Thread is open again.

Another major cleanup of violations. Any more mental health discussion/bickering in violation of the thread parameters and members will be placed on a no expenses paid WS vacation.

Also, the ME has ruled Gabby's MOD a homicide with COD being manual strangulation. There is no reason to question the ME's expertise, so talk of Gabby possibly being a suicide is off topic and such posts will be removed and members may be issued thread bans or Time Outs. Post accordingly.

Thanks.

Finding her body has nothing to do with his grief I don't think. He knew what he had done and he was grieving for the life he took. He knew everything was over.
Maybe he was also grieving the loss of his life as he knew it up until that moment, as the truth wouldn't be hidden for much longer. He knew accountability was coming.

Her only mode? So BL did not take a plane back to florida? I guess she could not fly.

They were supposed to meet friends in yellowstone.
Lets play what if.
So what if they get into a huge argument. He realizes that if the cops show up both of them could go to jail, and being the male, only he will be charged. Just look at the comments in the this forum, he was the aggressor even though she hit him. He says he can not do this any more and she breaks up with him.

She declares that she is going on with friends that are coming from yellowstone to meet her. She then tells him to take the van and the card to get it back to florida. Remember she does not like to drive it.

She goes out to camp, waiting for morning to meet friends. And the same person that killed the couple in utah kills her. The friends shows up and she does not show up. Or she lied about the friends coming.

He uses the credit card to get the van home, thinking she is now having a affair with the new friends and is really upset. He ignores the phone calls, he ignores parents because he thinks she is sleeping with another person.

On sept 11 the parents file a missing person, and he realizes that he was the last person to see her alive. That the friends was either a lie or the killer. He does not know who they are because it was gabbie that talk to them online. The police know of this person from the records, which is why brian was not charge with her murder.

Brian realizes the only person he loves is missing and probably dead. He then wanders into a forest and kills himself.

With this what if, all the marks are checked.

Why was she found away from the camp site in a tent, because she was waiting for friends to show up to pick her up.
Why did he return alone with her van and her cards. She wanted the van to be safe, she let him use the cards to get her van back to florida. Remember she did not like to drive it, so it was either leave it in wyoming or have her parents come get it.
Why did he not contact her parents, she was out with friends that he thought she was having an affair with.
Why did she leave him, because he was done with this van life and she found another ride to finish her trip.
Why did he act normal after he got back, because he did not know she was dead.
Why did he run and kill himself, because he knew he screwed. Protestors outside the house day and night. People proclaiming him the monster. He finds that what he thought was true was not. She was missing and possibly dead.

Once again, if he was going to kill himself over her death, he would have done it in Wyoming. If he was going to run, he would have run in wyoming. In no world do you go home knowing that you killed her.

All wild speculation and my theory.

Interesting theory...
How would she survive without her credit cards? No money? That's what doesn't make sense to me.
Who are these friends she met up with? No witnesses to Ga
No phone records to the new friends?
Or texts?
Didn't bother to check in with her parents? Hey, B and I broke up I'm with my friend...
if that's the case it's too bad B didn't tell the FBI about her new friends then., he took that info to his grave.

What a mess...
Two young people dead from a loss of self-control.
Everyone furious and without satisfactory answers.
A hydrogen bomb dropped in the city of love and nothing but waste as far as the mind's eye can see.
There are a thousand lessons to learn from this. That's pretty much all that's left besides ashes, skeletal remains and memories.
Its quite possible Brian killed the only person able to soothe whatever ailed him and he knew it.
Nobody to do it anymore. Not his lawyer. Not his parents. Not the "Vanlife" community. Nobody.

Seeking solitude can be a sudification process that ends with resplendent liberation.
It can also be a road to being invisible in the face of some inner suffering undefined.
Maybe Brian wanted the former, but suffered from the latter.
I do know the sweet and kind little nurse couldn't cure him.

So, there are lessons here and I suppose each participant needs to figure out their part of the responsibility for whatever
went wrong, claim ownership of it, learn how to live with it and do better in the future.
With good reason. There are thousands of young people on the cusp of similar tragedies out there.
MOO

I posted something similar to this a few threads back but couldn’t get my link up fast enough. Facebook wasn’t cooperating at the time and I was interrupted by my seafaring 27 y/o who’s on a ship out in the Gulf of Mexico.

So anyway, now the national news has picked it up. It’s a lovely tribute to Gabby and a subtle but an effective way to bring DV to light. Gabby wasn’t here in our community for long but what a legacy she will leave. We won’t forget her.

'RIP Gabby': Bradenton farm creates corn maze tribute to Gabby Petito

Attachments

• D7AA876A-8393-4C5B-9CE0-42450A9D543F.jpeg
    D7AA876A-8393-4C5B-9CE0-42450A9D543F.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 34
Interesting theory...
How would she survive without her credit cards? No money? That's what doesn't make sense to me.
Who are these friends she met up with? No witnesses to Ga
No phone records to the new friends?
Or texts?
Didn't bother to check in with her parents? Hey, B and I broke up I'm with my friend...
if that's the case it's too bad B didn't tell the FBI about her new friends then., he took that info to his grave.
Agreed.
If there were friends they planned to meet up with -- and iirc I thought I heard that there were plans for Halloween or close to that time (?) ... that knowledge would have maybe exonerated BL, so why wouldn't he say something ?
I think when he left her he knew she was deceased !
Imo.

Brian Laundrie was 'grieving' when he vanished, days before Gabby Petito found dead: lawyer

More than a month before authorities found the decomposed remains of Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie in a swamp near his home, he allegedly slipped away from his parents’ house under the guise of a hike.

That was on Sept. 13, two days after Laundrie’s fiancée, Gabby Petito, was reported missing. His attorney, Steve Bertolino, informed the FBI that his client had failed to come home.

However, local police in North Port, Florida, said they thought Laundrie was still inside the house until they knocked on the front door on Sept. 17.

Bertolino said that after he told the FBI that Laundrie failed to return from the park, he had no further contact with the FBI until they told him Friday about a tip that Laundrie had been seen in Tampa.

But from Tuesday evening to Thursday, neither Laundrie’s parents nor his attorney followed up with the FBI or local authorities about their missing son’s whereabouts.

"There was never any communication between myself and law enforcement in the next three days," Bertolino told Fox News Digital. "They never asked me, and I never informed them that Brian didn't come home."

They also waited until the Friday meeting regarding the Tampa tip to file a missing person report.

"North Port PD was under the assumption that Brian was home, and so was the FBI when they got a tip on Friday that Brian was in Tampa, and they wanted to meet with us on Friday," Bertolino said.

"I was shocked and said, 'That's good. You found him in Tampa,' and they said, 'What do you mean? I thought he's at the house.' I said, 'No, I told you the other day he never came home.'"

North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison had said in the middle of that week that he knew exactly where Brian Laundrie was – but he was wrong.

Speaking to reporters during a news conference on Sept. 16, Garrison was asked if he knew where Laundrie was at that moment.

"Yes," he replied.

The family made no effort to correct him and showed no public urgency about their son's whereabouts or well-being -- even though Bertolino later told ABC News that Brian’s father, Chris Laundrie, believed his son was "grieving" and upset when he left for the Sept. 13 hike. The public didn't know Petito was dead until authorities said they found her remains on Sept. 19.
Thanks for sharing this. I just don't find his comments around reporting Brian missing to be credible at all. It makes no sense to me that if he supposedly told the FBI on the 13th, he wouldn't follow up, likely repeatedly... It also makes no sense from the standpoint that as a legal professional, he would know that a formal missing person report needs to be filed, & that making a formal report only happened incidentally, after the police asked to come by on the Friday (5 days later). I can't believe he really expects people to believe this version of events. This is probably the least credible thing I've heard him say so far. JMO

Incident# 21-052582
09/10/2021 15:58:34

Incident# 21-052602
09/10/2021 18:29:02

Incident# 21-052756
09/11/2021 13:12:33

Incident# 21-052780
09/11/2021 16:38:04

Incident# 21-052813
09/11/2021 20:28:27

This Suffolk County, NY missing person report was made 9/11 at 6:55 pm - coming in the middle of the calls made on 9/11. I found the Jackson, WY report earlier somewhere in these threads. I’ll try to look again to see if I can find it but I do remember it was the first report/inquiry made.
Press Release - Preview
Backup docs for incidents:
https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2021/10/14/4343_Wabasso_9_1_to_10_8_Redacted.pdf
It's also a constitutional right to protest. Just sayin is all. :)
A study found an overwhelming majority of people in the U.S. think people should be able to speak their minds — without government interference — in public, in the press or on the internet.

These Americans believe their right to speak their minds should be defended under the First Amendment of the Constitution. But as the late Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes pointed out, defending free speech means defending not just “free thought for those who agree with us but freedom for the thought that we hate.”
Even offensive speech is protected: Brandenburg v. Ohio (1969)
The importance of a fearless press: New York Times Co. v. Sullivan (1964)
The freedom to choose your words: Cohen v. California (1971)
3 cases that show what free speech means

upload_2021-10-22_13-22-43.jpegupload_2021-10-22_13-24-40.jpeg

Absolutely agree with. But my point was, why did the parents think he was in grief, if they truly never knew anything about anything? That public statement from the lawyer that the parents knew he was "grieving" on the 13th could still be something they will have to deal with in coming suits/deals, etc. IMO
In fairness, the remark about "grieving" was made by SB (which is a tell, as I see it). He mixes up his timeline all the time...as no one knew that Gabby was dead at the time that he claims the parents "Knew" that Brian was "grieving". If Brian was grieving (strange choice of word) when he left on Monday, the 13th, it was grieving for himself because he knew he was busted and the wheels of justice were turning and that HIS life, as he knew it was over. It wasn't "grief" over Gabby. By SB saying that, it implies that he, Brian, and the parents all knew that Gabby was deceased. But the rest of the world only found that out on the 19th. jmo

My point is, if he took it from her, how did she have it? Did he give it back? what?

As someone else said, it is indeed upon the video. I remember its existence distinctly because in the early days, it also kept kicking off obsessive discussion about whether or not Brian was “lying’ when he said he did not have a cell phone, but then pulled his own out of his pocket (for the record, I opted for ‘an individual’s personal verbal lexicon’ explaining the difference, wherein Brian’s cell phone was so retro and inferior that in his mind he disdains it as being a ‘real’ cell phone).

As I recall, there is some sequence of events on the tape that results in one of the officers asking Brian to go get Gabby’s phone and bring it back to him, after which point Brian takes off with the keys.

In my mind, I thought this meant that Brian had taken Gabby’s own phone and tossed it into a center console between the two front seats or similar and was leaning on it or something, thus barring her from getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021