Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone link me to the police phone call reports? The ones with the official dates, times, reasons for calls etc. I had a clean out of the windows on my phone and thought “oh well, I’m stepping down from all of this” but I can’t quite let this all go yet. Especially now that NPPD says one thing and SB says another. I know the official call went in on Sept 17th but hey ho, I’d like to see it again. MOO until I find the reports. Will edit to post links if I locate them or a kind soul has them.
Thanks.
Edit: sorry, might help to mention I was referencing the missing person report from the Laundries. (Thank goodness it’s the weekend tomorrow).

Last edited:
Attached:
1) Updated Map (dated 10/22/2021) that now includes the approx. location of Brian Laundrie's Remains.
2) Google Earth pins for Mustang location & approx. location of BL remains.
*Distance between is approx. 1050 yards.

Note*Remains location is based upon this Daily Mail link.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10117913/Human-remains-search-Brian-Laundrie-BONES.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline&s=09
thank you for this. I was trying to figure it out based on past maps and this really makes it clearer to me.
I'm getting from this
1. He really did not go far at all making me think he didn't even try to run. Making suicide seem much more likely than trying to hide out and get attacked at night.
That said he could have come back to the car, seen it was gone and just given up at that point... really wish they hadn't moved the car.

2. those brown areas I am assuming were the areas covered in water, which also make sense how things could have been underwater. I'm guessing the cadaver dogs never searched this area since they would have been able to detect it. But yes much better perspective on what searchers were up against... still hard to believe he was so close and went unnoticed.

Attached:
1) Updated Map (dated 10/22/2021) that now includes the approx. location of Brian Laundrie's Remains.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10117913/Human-remains-search-Brian-Laundrie-BONES.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline&s=09

Great maps. Thankyou.
1000 yards from The Mustang!

This is where the contents of the bag could help?
Packaging of meds, knife, gun ....whatever?
If he shot himself he may not have been able to put his gun back into his backpack of course. Whether they could locate the gun in the swamp though, that could be difficult if there was so much flooding. I don't know if they have metal detectors out there? moo

Last edited:
STOP HERE FIRST
———————————————
Mod Note:

Welcome to Thread #77.

Websleuths has 100’s of active threads, and nearly 200k members. With only a few volunteer Mods/Admins we need your help in keeping Gabby’s threads relative, civil, and engaging. Following the rules that are clearly outlined below will support the Mod Team and enhance your experience and interactions with fellow Posters.

The Rules:
-Domestic Violence Discussions/Debates are not permitted
-The Moab Stop is no longer open for discussion (there are 76 threads filled with this info)
-Mental Health is not permitted
-Moab double murders are not permitted unless LE were to change position at some point
-No Bickering (Ignore or “Roll and Scroll”)
-Do not suggest Gabby died by anything other than what the ME has stated (Manual Strangulation)
-Do not Trash Brians parents (You can share opinions or perspectives of events, but rise above the rest. They have not been named POI’s in the case. Stick to what is known / has been reported.)
-Any other rules as outlined in TOS

Tip: Notice if you are posting about the case or about other Posters. Posting about other Posters is off topic. This can show up in the following ways:
-“I don’t know why others……”
-Party X or Party Y “Sympathizers”
-“Some Posters…”
-“Everybody keeps ……”

In a nutshell, be aware of what the intent is behind your post. Is it to bash fellow posters or is it to discuss the case?

Thank you for your help and support!

A Very Tired Mod That Appreciates Each of You,
Tiff

THANK YOU!

Attachments

• Thank you.png
    Thank you.png
    219.4 KB · Views: 13
Yes, that's true.
For some reason I keep expecting SB to man up.
Wishful thinking ?

It's a variation of ' not now, because they are grieving' & has been very blunt with every reporter, wtte- don't even ask about this topic while they are grieving

Also somewhere in that interview he says the parents are 'devastated'

TBH I think big part of SB's anger is that there has been so much activity outside the house for so long, as well as so much misreporting .

If he shot himself he may not have been able to put his gun back into his backpack of course. Whether they could locate the gun in the swamp though, that could be difficult if there was so much flooding. I don't know if they have metal detecters out there? moo

Indeed.
Let's hope that this time around they are doing a proper, meticulous grid search on foot to find any bag contents whether inside or outside of the bag

Whatever BL took with him on 13th ( in his bags or on his person) might be able to rule in/ rule out suicide

Re a gun:
1. I would assume the FBI could get a metal detector if they didn't already have one. The amount of people who beachcomb around there alone means they are readily available.
2. If he shot himself, I would assume it would be in the head... don't know why you would try for anything else. I know they found enough of a skull to do dental results for ID, but assume there would be some indication of a gunshot if they found anything else. Assuming an animal wouldn't only eat part of the head, or really any of the skull, but like someone else mentioned a mandible can become detached and separated at that degree of degredation.

Let's hope that this time around they are doing a proper, meticulous grid search on foot to find any bag contents whether inside or outside of the bag
Are they still searching? Didn't they open the park back up to the public after finding the remains? I would hope, like you, that a solid grid search would be undertaken especially since the waters have receded but I could've sworn they re-opened the park (which could lead to randos finding stuff).

ETA: Found the link:
Brian Laundrie search sites reopening to public after remains found, identified | WFLA

Attached:

Thank you ctmom. This is very cool. Appreciate the info.
Take Care,
Tricia

Attached:

This may sound like a dumb Q,but is Google Earth Live? if so, can you look at a previous date to see what a spot looked like in the recent past? My browser is too old to get google earth. jmo If it can be done, could it be screen shot? for sept 13 and 14.

This may sound like a dumb Q,but is Google Earth Live? if so, can you look at a previous date to see what a spot looked like in the recent past? My browser is too old to get google earth. jmo If it can be done, could it be screen shot? for sept 13 and 14.
no it is not live. they update the photos from time to time and usually have a date, but there is not active camera from a satellite in real time covering every area of the earth.

I don't know how to precisely quote something from a closed thread. I did it by "guess". I'm not sure how it will display. If there's a shortcut, I'd love to know.

@Kristin Esq. this is in response to your post from last thread:

"Kristin Esq." said:
I was able to watch Marnie's interview of Steve Bertolino and he's so angry. He's angry at the public, angry at our speculation.

I’m curious to know what you take away from all of SB’s public interviews with MSM.

My take, IMOO, is that SB has lied publicly on more than one occasion, and his anger is actually about the fact that we have not believed the lies. MOO. Here are only a few of the documented examples of why I believe this to be the case:

1. He stated he reported BL missing the night he left. He made this statement notwithstanding the fact that a month ago he and/or the Laundries or both, gave the public and LE two different dates as the date of BL’s disappearance which they left uncorrected for more than a week. This HLN clip from a CNN interview with Josh Taylor NPPD reveals JT saying this is not true. (At 3:01)

Interestingly, SB does reveal new information. He says in this same place that the FBI came to the house on Friday NOT to complete a MP report, but rather as a follow-up to a tip to make sure BL was not “in” the house (I don’t think I have ever heard of the FBI giving a POI a head’s up that they would be arriving on a day certain to check out a tip and see if the POI was actually in the house. These things that come from him seem outlandish and just do not seem plausible.) It was when they physically showed up at the house that the Laundries agreed to fill out a MP report. Now, call me stupid but this “defense” of his is actually achieving the opposite IMO. He is saying in a non-direct manner that no MP report was filed until the FBI showed up on Friday for another matter entirely.

Here’s another article on JT refuting this but the video is much more impactful IMO. Brian Laundrie search: No discrepancy between FBI and parents on missing timeline, says family lawyer

2. He stated that LE accompanied them into the Reserve and were with them when CL found the dry pack. We know this to be false from Mike Ruiz’ video evidence. LE was nowhere in this wide angel frame when CL veered off the trail.

Brian Laundrie search: Human remains found near fugitive's belongings in Florida park

3. He stated the parents returned because the Reserve was once again open to the public. He conveniently fails to mention that the reserve was open for a week before LE shut it down, and that they didn't go search for BL, save one night. He conveniently fails to mention that the reserve was not yet then flooded as we know from BE coverage the next week that the reserve was becoming flooded.

IMOO, his national TV on-camera raging is more about himself than it is his clients. He is aware he has a credibility problem with the public and despite his best efforts to squash it he has been unable to do so, and it seems to be infuriating him. I also think this may stem in part from him still being concerned about potential exposure. MOO

What SB fails (or refuses) to recognize however, is that the public did not do this to him. These are his words and inconsistencies and in some cases according to JT of NPPD, his untruths or inaccuracies. They did not originate from the public. MOO His anger at the public and the media is misdirected. But, IMO he is demonstrating that he is incapable of blaming himself for anything.

This is all JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members