Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did SB saying Brian was upset returning on 9/1? I didn't catch that. I believe all he said was Brian was visibility upset and grieving when leaving on the morning of the 13th.

Yes I was confused by those dates but I couldn't find when BL might be aware of the Bethune's video( the date of Bethune's 'capture' hitting the media or going viral on SM)
Anyway this is from "People' :
According to Bertolino, Laundrie was "definitely upset" when he returned home on Sept. 1 without Petito.

"He was out of sorts at the time between when he came home and when he went to the hike and the day he went for the hike, he was extremely upset," the attorney explains. "Brian was very upset and distressed. Mr. Laundrie tried to prevent him from leaving the house in that condition and he couldn't, and Brian insisted on going out for the hike."

Bertolino said Laundrie was "depressed, distressed, and upset" after returning to Florida — "however you would describe somebody who is just not appearing to be in a good state of mind," he added.

Brian Laundrie's Parents 'Have No Inkling' What Might Be in Notebook Found Near Remains: Lawyer

off topic but another inconsistency in terms of the search location, at this link:
'The notebook and backpack were located near Laundrie's body, in an area of the park previously submerged under water three feet deep."

more at the link on understandable issues with any funeral

Forensic Anthropology - Crime Museum
Forensic and physical anthropologists use the same standard techniques but forensic anthropologists use these techniques to identify human remains and detect the presence of crime. Bones can determine age, the time of death and the manner of death.

In reading about this it appears they may need the skull to make this determination.
IMO, thinking they have this since they have teeth to determine it is him.

It is almost the classic DV with a murder suicide, except BL took his time to see if he was going to get away with it before completing the circle. Ironic that if he had suicided in Spread Creek, he would have been found so much sooner, in the classic case, the victim is hidden and the killer is found immediately.

Well, since he's such an accomplished and eloquent public speaker, maybe he can get out there on the street and convince them to go home.

I haven't heard anybody here describe him as an accomplished communicator at all.
Maybe his public speaking is better, as you say

However, considering the public profiles & records of a couple of the most ardent ' protestors' , I'm not sure that him going to Wabasso would be a good idea.
But sure, it would be a ratings winner for ..... Banfield

Yes I was confused by those dates but I couldn't find when BL might be aware of the Bethune's video( the date of Bethune's 'capture' hitting the media or going viral on SM)

Brian Laundrie's Parents 'Have No Inkling' What Might Be in Notebook Found Near Remains: Lawyer

off topic but another inconsistency in terms of the search location, at this link:
'The notebook and backpack were located near Laundrie's body, in an area of the park previously submerged under water three feet deep."

Bethune video went viral the 19th sept. SB said in one of his interviews that he spoke to Brian on the 12th and 13th. But he also said that B went on his hike in the morning... so how early in the morning did SB speak with Brian? jmo

Last edited:
I call BS. How curious that BL’s parts were ID’d AND autopsy completed AND made public in 24 hours. This never happens
In this case though, only partial remains were recovered and they were skeletonized, based on all reports. The ID was done via dental records, we were told. If there wasn't a whole body recovered, especially if there was little or no soft tissue left on what was found, an autopsy wouldn't have much to work with and would probably be over relatively quickly. JMO, MOO, etc.

Thanks for posting this. That article is interesting because it also says CL(father) tried to prevent BL from going on the hike because BL was distraught but CL was unable to stop him. That puts a different spin on what was going on inside the Laundrie house at the time.

Gabby's autopsy was Sept 19. Theoretically any foreign DNA evidence would have been collected on her between then and the date her remains were released to her family on Oct. 13. Hopefully we will see the results very soon. It is usually 24-72 hours to get those results unless they are degraded in which case it will take 2 weeks. So...maybe as early as next week or the week after there will definitive proof.

Bethune video went viral the 12th sept. SB said in one of his interviews that he spoke to Brian on the 12th and 13th. But he also said that B went on his hike in the morning... so how early in the morning did SB speak with Brian? jmo

Thanks Cady. That has saved me a job

Wish I knew the answer to your question

ETA: This is wrong. Cady has updated with the 19th, not the 12th, just in case the OP wants to edit their original post @Balthazar ?

Last edited:
Bethune video went viral the 12th sept. SB said in one of his interviews that he spoke to Brian on the 12th and 13th. But he also said that B went on his hike in the morning... so how early in the morning did SB speak with Brian? jmo
Wonder if the Bethune video coming out could have been the cause of BL to go "hiking" MOO
Would be a good reason for BL to think he'd be caught at some point.

From what I've gathered from the posts & input from everyone in this group, this, to me, is the most likely timeline.

Aug 27 - BL kills GP in a fit of rage. (Not planned.)

Aug 28-29 - BL hikes alone to the Northwest (or hitchhikes)

Aug 29 - BL hitchhikes back to GP (Confirmed by 2 drivers), begins driving home?

Aug 30 - BL begins/continues home. Likely also calls home.

Sept 1 - 11am - BL arrives home. Just to buy himself time to think, talks about a breakup. NOT a crime.

Sept 11 - Gabby’s parents’ freak out; Brian has to talk to his parents to ensure they don’t respond

Sept 11-13 - Brian ends up sharing everything with his parents

Sept 13, PM - Brian leaves home on a “camping trip.”

Sept 13-15 - Brian kills himself.

Sept 14-16 - Parents don’t share Brian is gone because it looks suspicious. They haven’t decided what to do yet so want to buy time & protect him in the meantime

Sept 17 - Parents decide it’s been too long, are worried about Brian. SB suggests his odd parsing of them offering to help with Brian, but NOT with Gabby, as “they are two separate investigations”

Sept 17-Oct 21 - Parents prod LE to keep searching in the place where they eventually find Brian.

Obviously MOO!

Succinct and IMO, likely spot on.

Thanks for this, @WatsonMyGoodMan.

It could take a DNA match to answer that. Both sets of remains were exposed to the elements and animals for weeks.

The FBI has not said whether there are any witnesses to Petito's killing or its immediate aftermath. One piece of evidence is Laundrie's use of a debit card that didn't belong to him after Petito was listed as missing.

"That would be circumstantial evidence that points to him," said Alfredo Garcia, former dean at the St. Thomas University College of Law in Miami Gardens and a one-time Miami prosecutor. "It's a difficult proposition to establish but not impossible."

The DNA matching effort and any use of fingerprints would be complicated by the fact that the couple were romantically involved and lived together in close quarters. But forensic experts have many techniques to solve crimes despite such obstacles.

"Reconstruction experts can do amazing things, so I would not be surprised if at some point we got a definitive, or near-definitive, conclusion that Laundrie was the killer," said Bob Jarvis, a law professor at Florida's Nova Southeastern University.
EXPLAINER: Where does Gabby Petito slaying probe go next?

What did you think overall of that People article? I’m definitely curious about SB’s comments in there, because privilege remains even when you die. I got the impression not only that he says too much, but that SB seemed to be distancing the L’s from their son (they have no idea what’s in his notebook; he put them in a bind (im paraphrasing) etc)… just wondering what you thought of his comments overall. I think you had mentioned you saw many more interviews than me so you might have a better handle on his angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong