Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now jumping in...
And I just saw this. Interesting. Please forgive if it's a repeat:

Laundrie Cause Of Death Stymies Coroner, Bones To Be Studied
An attorney said no cause of death was determined by an autopsy of Brian Laundrie's remains; his bones will be examined, reports said.

me___04150326583.jpg

Tiffany Razzano, Patch Staff
Posted Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 12:19 pm ET|Updated Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 7:07 pm ET
Updated: 6:45 p.m., Friday
NORTH PORT, FL — No cause of death could be determined after an autopsy of Brian Laundrie's remains Friday, the attorney for his family told a Fox 5 NY reporter.
Steven Bertolino said that since no cause of death could be identified, Laundrie's bones would be sent to an anthropologist for examination.
[...]
Given Laundrie's state of mind when he left his parents' home, the attorney said the family "suspected that he may have hurt himself."
He told "Good Morning America," "Of course, knowing his mental state when he walked out the door, it was always a concern, but let's wait for the medical examiner. If they can come up with some other explanation for the cause of death, we're going to accept that. If not, I guess we're going to have to accept that Brian did kill himself."
The Laundries aren't surprised their son was found dead, and they had talked about the possibility multiple times, the attorney added.

-------------------
Much, much more in the article, along with additional links for other info.
------------------
Source:
Laundrie's Bones Will Be Sent To Anthropologist After No Cause Of Death Determined: Report

I remain confused. As we've covered many times, NPPD kept saying they "knew exactly" where BL was, until the 17th when he was reported missing -- and then it was all, "We don't track citizens, he wasn't a suspect, we had no reason to surveil him," etc. Highly defensive comments and interviews right and left (I'm thinking of when JT called in to talk to JB, but there were other defensive comments in the media as well). Now they're saying cameras were installed before BL disappeared?

I also remain sadfaced that I have no TV service and can't watch NewsNation live, sigh. Very interested in tonight's interview.

@BrianEntin

North Port Police today talked to me today about the cameras. They say there are other cameras that went up sooner -- before Brian disappeared.

That was such a bad day, such a memorable day because that's one of the days the lawyer spoke with him, BL was in a bad state of mind, the parents said he was grieving and very upset.

But, they couldn't remember exactly what day that was, the last time they laid eyes on their only son, first they, thru their lawyer, said it was the 14th, then weeks later adjusted by the lawyer to the 13th. I wonder if the lawyer didn't want people asking.....so what was your discussion about on the 13th, so disturbing that your client got so freaked out that he virtually ran away to the swamp and was never seen alive again?

IMO

Last edited:
grieve

grieved; grieving
Definition of grieve
1: to cause to suffer : DISTRESS it grieves me to see him this way
2: to feel or show grief overgrieving the death of her son
3: to submit a formal grievance concerning grieve a dismissal

: to feel grief : SORROW still grieving over their mother's death
Definition of GRIEVE

The term grief is not always used to refer to a reaction to death.
jmho
That's true & that's what makes it even more interesting, IMO, that SB said he misspoke in using that word at all. He could have tried to pivot it to apply to something other than death, but he didn't. Just my opinion of course, but I find that really revealing.

@BrianEntin

North Port Police today talked to me today about the cameras. They say there are other cameras that went up sooner -- before Brian disappeared.

I wonder if Brian was alerted by the tweets about this the other day?
( The neighbour posted pix of the cameras & some incidents with the camera/s blocking the scope due to parked cars @RANCH )
At least we now get a feeling of why the Chief replied wtte we know exactly where he is

See, I would assume (and we all know about "*advertiser censored*-uming") that the TOP part of the skull is called "skull" and if it were the lower jaw, that would be called "jaw." Just saying. I am sure the ME knows the correct way to term it and maybe I should study up on what is "skull" and what is "lower jar" in human remains.
The jaw is made up of two parts that have teeth, the maxilla (upper) and mandible (lower). All we know is that they found teeth, so at the least, they found part of one or the other, but they might have the whole skull, or somewhere in between. We don’t know yet.
MOO

Anyone can chime in here but I'm curious what anyone with a legal background thinks. BL was SB's client, & privilege is supposed to extend into death... what are we to make of SB sharing information about BL's state of mind, that his dad tried to stop him from leaving etc.... does sharing this kind of information violate his obligations as a lawyer in any way?

I don't really know what to think - it's been a whirlwind of different interviews across a few hours & hard to weigh what SB is saying & come to a conclusion.
I think he knows that people want answers & he's under pressure to give the media & public something but
yes there could be a strategy in there, to protect his remaining clients, as you hinted
However, if he really wanted to he could have lied about Brian's state of mind instead.
Instead of SB saying, for example ' but the parents couldn't stop him' & SB using words like 'grieving' on NBC etc SB could have said to the media that BL showed no real signs of internal strife & completely manipulated his parents with various cover stories which we've all mentioned on WS & went off hiking over a break-up.

Instead he's given me more of an impression of highly-charged strife in that household that morning, in The People article
Thank you for your thoughts on this. I agree, I really don't get the impression he's lying about BL's state of mind. I agree, I think there may have been incredible turmoil in the house before he left. Remember all those 911 calls that were happening? I didn't dwell on it at the time but now I really wonder if it was an indication of turmoil, as you say. JMO

Just now jumping in...

An attorney said no cause of death was determined by an autopsy of Brian Laundrie's remains; his bones will be examined, reports said.

me___04150326583.jpg

NORTH PORT, FL — No cause of death could be determined after an autopsy of Brian Laundrie's remains Friday, the attorney for his family told a Fox 5 NY reporter.
Steven Bertolino said that since no cause of death could be identified, Laundrie's bones would be sent to an anthropologist for examination.
[...]
Given Laundrie's state of mind when he left his parents' home, the attorney said the family "suspected that he may have hurt himself."
He told "Good Morning America," "Of course, knowing his mental state when he walked out the door, it was always a concern, but let's wait for the medical examiner. If they can come up with some other explanation for the cause of death, we're going to accept that. If not, I guess we're going to have to accept that Brian did kill himself."
The Laundries aren't surprised their son was found dead, and they had talked about the possibility multiple times, the attorney added.

-------------------
------------------
Source:
Laundrie's Bones Will Be Sent To Anthropologist After No Cause Of Death Determined: Report
Forgive my post if it seems lacking in knowledge.

What would an autopsy even be on just a few bones?
*ME: walks in, sees a few bones, "yep, He's dead"
Is it just a legal requirement or something else

That's true & that's what makes it even more interesting, IMO, that SB said he misspoke in using that word at all. He could have tried to pivot it to apply to something other than death, but he didn't. Just my opinion of course, but I find that really revealing.
Yes.
I posted because there has been so much discussion of the meaning of "grieving" but I did not see a definition posted.
It was perfectly fine to use as BS did but for some reason he is backtracking on it now.
He makes my head spin.
jmho

I know.
It sticks out like a sore thumb.
But it is installed in a neighbor's yard, not the L's yard.
At first I thought it was placed on the L's lanai. :cool:
I wonder how that got passed by the protestors. Maybe before they got there.

The jaw is made up of two parts that have teeth, the maxilla (upper) and mandible (lower). All we know is that they found teeth, so at the least, they found part of one or the other, but they might have the whole skull, or somewhere in between. We don’t know yet.
MOO
BBM
To be fair it was stated they only have a "partial skull"

Thank you for your thoughts on this. I agree, I really don't get the impression he's lying about BL's state of mind. I agree, I think there may have been incredible turmoil in the house before he left. Remember all those 911 calls that were happening? I didn't dwell on it at the time but now I really wonder if it was an indication of turmoil, as you say. JMO

I had a really long reply for you but I deleted it & wrote a shorter one
Since I replied, I notice that SB has now walked back the ' grieving ' comment !

Anyway, also recall what Rose Davis said about BL's previous periods of turmoil ( MailOnline) so things could have got very tense there

Just now jumping in...

me___04150326583.jpg

[...]

-------------------
------------------
Source:
As a parent, I'm not sure how I would feel about the lack of cause. Part of me doesn't want to know. The other part of me does, in the hopes that it was quick and painless. Listening to them describe my husbands last moments was the hardest thing I've ever had to hear. But not knowing might be worse. I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes