Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because NPPD wouldn’t take the missing report from NS, and now that looks bad for them. MOO
That still baffles me, in a long string of baffling things. Gabby's legal residence was at the Laundrie house, right? Her van had Florida plates. What excuse could there be for LE completely refusing to take a missing persons report in the jurisdiction of the missing person's legal residence?

Imo that was the screaming, neon sign takeaway from all of sb's interviews, and I think it was a slip up.

The parents and SB were NOT going to file a missing persons report.

"Why not?"

Imo
Possibly they knew exactly where he was so they did not consider him “missing”. Possibly they knew exactly how he died (suicide or otherwise) and were waiting until someone else found him. MOO and just random thoughts.

IMO these possibilities are horrible but nothing would surprise me at this point.

A few options:
-In Complete Denial.
-They wanted to give him space to do his 'hike' and return without him getting picked up by the police.
-Or they were giving him a chance to flee but also hedged by mentioning the hike to the FBI in passing and not ever following up with any urgency about him missing.

SB hints in Banfield interview 10/22 it was the FBI that pressured the family to report him missing formally
Another possibility: they weren't panicked at all because they thought he was going to go into hiding. SB made up the "panic" story to make them sound more in the dark than they were. I'm not really listening to SB with the idea that I'm getting any true insight. IMO

I've thought about this many times. Was BL a liability to someone? Was a squatter living in the preserve? Was another fugitive hiding out there?

We know that at least one other fugitive was living in the preserve: EW who was caught after a vlogger filmed him living in a hut in the preserve using infrared night vision searching for BL. However, EW appears to be a non-violent offender. There are also reports of homeless people living in the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park although they don't appear to have been living near where BL was.

However, we also saw an empty gun case come out of the Mustang and the next day, the first day of the search the parks were closed to the public and the search party showed up heavily armed and wearing body armor to search in a flooded, hot, muggy swamp which indicates to me that BL was thought by LE to be armed and possibly dangerous.

IMO. No one saw BL leave on the 13th because BL was ALREADY gone.
Supposedly he left in the morning of the 13th. But no one has said exactly what time. So, it could have been any time after midnight on the 12th. SB says he talked to BL on the 12th and the 13th. But he didn't say what time. The van was impounded around 11-11:30 on the 11th. A half hour later, it was Sunday, the 12th. That could be when SB spoke to Brian. But for it to be true that SB spoke to Brian on the 13th, it would have had to be after midnight on the 12th to somewhere in the early morning of the 13th. Could have been 1,2,3,4,5,6am. The park gate doesn't open until 6am, so if he left in the wee hours of the morning he didn't go directly to the park. jmo So, I think he left around 5:30am the 13th after a whole day and night of drama in the house.

Last edited:
Ya’ll may not like me but I think it’s possible that SB may have been talking to FBI and perhaps they weren’t sharing everything w/NPPD. JT talks a lot, maybe they were protecting the integrity of the investigation even amongst agencies? I say this even as I agree SB is a handful and should probably just shut up now. IMO.

Last night’s Banfield interview.

2. Date he was retained:

The NPPD was handed attorney contact information on Saturday, September 11th. https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438124117149028353

For those who have followed this closely, you will remember that SB initially refused to provide the date he was retained – because he did not know what evidence was out there I suspect (MOO) and now that he’s comfortable with what is public, for the first time in the Banfield interview (2:26), he states he was retained on 9/11.

Later in the interview (at 30:26) SB tells us:

1. NPPD contacted him at 11:30 p.m. Saturday night
2. FBI contacted him at 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning
3. 8:00 a.m. contacted by an FBI agent (who was assigned overnight I am guessing IMO) to be the liaison to him. MOO

This is a 'danged' if you do, 'danged' if you don't predicament. If he reveals he was retained on this matter prior to BL arriving home, he has provided evidence against his clients. If he goes with the 11th, he faces challenges to the prior conversations not being privileged. MOO IMO, I still believe he was contacted before BL returned home. MOO. Not fact.

3) Brian Laundrie already gone:

We now know Brian was already gone by Monday 9/13. We also know from the following report filed by Brian Entin, https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1437912788899405826

that as of this date and continuing for the whole first week when they knew Brian Laundrie was already gone, police were expressing public frustration that Brian wouldn’t speak to them and, and they were issuing a plea to Bertolino to get his client to cooperate and they said nothing to correct this. Yet we know that Steven Bertolino didn't remain silent. Rather, he issued statements on the search for Gabby, all as he knew – according to HIS own claims of his report to the FBI, that Brian had already fled.

@BrianEntin

North Port, FL police say they have had conversations with Brian Laundrie's attorney - but he is not providing them the details they need.

12:04 PM · Sep 15, 2021
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438171889248227332

Do we see how nothing SB says is consistent? Do we see how he had seemingly repeatedly boxed himself in, tried to get out, and got aggravated when the public and investigative journalists wouldn’t just accept his answers and let it go? MOO

The fact is that on those dates, the only person who was reported as “missing” was Gabby. https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438188373210959872

MOO, it was only after they got busted by news’ video evidence that the Mustang pick up could not have occurred Thursday because it was gone on Tuesday and back in the driveway on Wednesday that

1) the date was switched
2) SB contacted ethics committee re "Brian missing"
3) they filed a MP report

(Time 18:54). To me this whole sequence requires scrutiny. Because hearing his shifting narratives make it seems pretty clear (to me only) that they had no intention to report BL missing at the time he went missing, and that SB casually mentioning it to the FBI without reporting it, if this occurred, was only done to cover himself. They intended to let this go for as long as they could. MOO

At 19:40 he says told the FBI Monday, and he says the FBI believes that too and that the FBI knows that the day the parents’ child went missing could be confusing because they “blended together”? Really? The FBI said this? /s

All of the above is JMO only.
Great. I personally believe the parents and lawyer were in contact with Brian from the moment he was dropped off at Jackson Hole. He abruptly changed his hitchhiking plans, returned to the crime scene, stole the van and returned home. He was also advised to bust up the phones and ditch them before he hit the Florida border. No tracing calls home. No tracing calls to the lawyer. No tracing calls - period.
MOOing.

[URL='https://twitter.com/BrianEntin']Brian Entin

@BrianEnti[/URL]n

Last night Ashleigh Banfield called me into her conversation with Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino. He says he told the FBI Brian was missing Sept 13. But North Port PD says they didn’t know Brian was missing until Sept 17. Full interview: https://bit.ly/2XDkiqW

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

For people closely following the case - I highly recommend watching this entire interview at the link above. Bertolino revealed way more information than I expected.

If only BL had counseling for anger management, none of this would of happened. Maybe. I keep thinking he was hard to handle. JMOO

How do we know he hadn't had such counseling? To me, his posture and behavior on the bodycam looks exactly like the stance that anger management teaches to many clients (hold one hand with the other, so that you are in fact restraining yourself from using them - usually they teach them to relax their bodies and grab the dominant hand with the non-dominant hand). They practice talking in a calm voice, and do role-playing around that.

They do a lot of other things in anger management, of course, but...that's what I've seen when I went to observe what they were doing.

J.B. Biunno
@WFLAJB

(1/7) Let’s discuss something. Long thread here on #BrianLaundrie. Josh Taylor of @NorthPortPolice
reiterated Friday that tracking Brian Laundrie’s whereabouts in September was limited by where they were in the investigation at the time. He wasn’t a suspect / wanted for a crime.
(2/7) Taylor on 9/17: “We don’t track residents.”

3/7) On@NewsNationNow Friday night,@BrianEntin reported that there were hidden cameras setup by police around the Laundrie home *before* #BrianLaundrie went missing. So you can’t track residents but you can setup hidden cameras to provide surveillance of them?

4/7) Just so we’re clear: you can’t have a local police officer parked on a public street to follow #BrianLaundrie in his Mustang on public roads over to a public park within your jurisdiction? But you can install hidden cameras to monitor your POI and his family?

5/7) Trying to gain a better understanding of how #BrianLaundrie was able to vanish. Was it “human error” by police? Was it a failure in police policy? Did @NorthPortPolice
not have the resources/manpower necessary to have an officer assigned to following Brian & the Mustang?

(6/7) The best answer we get is from Taylor talking to@BrianEntinFriday. Skip ahead to 0:48.
https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1451922595977342976?s=20

7/7) Josh Taylor of @NorthPortPoliceon@NewsNationNow “Our intention was to keep an eye on Brian. Clearly him going out there, we missed him going out there.”

(8/7) One more here. As many astute followers have noted, #BrianLaundrie wasn’t officially named a POI until 9/15. Regardless of the label however, why were cameras setup to monitor the Laundries but not enough police attention to trail his Mustang on public roads to the NP park?

@TiffanyAlaniz responds:
Please don’t forget also Josh Taylor “What we were supposed to do follow him from tree to tree in the reserve?” And asking Brian Entin ON CAMERA why Brian Entin didn’t see BL leave the house
And I keep going back to one of the earlier reports (which was so early I cant find it now--sure wish I had known its significance at the time). The parents said they saw him with his backpack and they saw him go into the park. I kept scratching my head about that one since they stated later that they "found" the Mustang. I wondered at the time if they had dropped him off at the reserve in the Mustang. It was only gone, apparently, for one day. If BL was IN the Mustang, but not driving, even if LE was monitoring, they might not have seen him if he was down in the back seat. Of course, this theory is all predicated on whether I really saw that report way early on. IMO

Possibly they knew exactly where he was so they did not consider him “missing”. Possibly they knew exactly how he died (suicide or otherwise) and were waiting until someone else found him. MOO and just random thoughts.

IMO these possibilities are horrible but nothing would surprise me at this point.
Agreed.
Fact: lawyer said they were not going to file the missing persons report that Friday night, that someone else in the Laundrie Family Household caused it, initiated it, I don't remember which verb he used. Paraphrased
so
either they knew he was safe where he was (IMO the father did encounter him that night he went after BL, could have given him a ride to a safer place and left the mustang for red herring)
or
they didn't know he was dead, but they were willing to let that be an outcome, instead of filing the missing report which would have drawn even more attention (to them!)

or your last one. They knew he was gone.

But I just can't explain to myself why the L's were so nonchalant that whole month, when he was gone and possibly in deadly danger, but that last day after the outing they immediately set up a search for 7 am to then made a beeline to his things. IMO

Last edited:
Ya’ll may not like me but I think it’s possible that SB may have been talking to FBI and perhaps they weren’t sharing everything w/NPPD. JT talks a lot, maybe they were protecting the integrity of the investigation even amongst agencies? I say this even as I agree SB is a handful and should probably just shut up now. IMO.

iirc Banfield said something similar in her review here about her interview
link to her solo livestream ,after the SB interview
https://twitter.com/TVAshleigh/status/1451752793279238144

There was another fugitive back there and LE took him into custody.
A Youtuber was posting about searching using FLIR and saw someone resembling BL at a deserted shack.
I believe LE thought they were on BL's trial and it turned out to be someone else, also wanted.
Wouldn't you know it?
The guy resembled BL.
jmho
SEVEN bodies and a fugitive found amid hunt for Brian Laundrie
According to reports, Florida man Ethan Waters, wanted over contempt of court and property damage charges, was captured on Saturday near Carlton Reserve, where the search for Laundrie, the 23-year-old fiance of slain woman Petito, has focused.
The starting point for that search was that they were looking for a guy who had disappeared 3 days ago, when it was actually 4.
Several weeks passed before the truth was admitted and we have no way of knowing how quickly the FBI got the cctv footage.

I do think they had more reason to search that swamp than the evidence we have heard.
A substantial amount more.

Gabby was only reported missing on 11th.
He disappeared on the 13th.

Great questions. I wish we had the answers. I'm sure the FBI has all the info they need right now.
So if Cassie's husband reported him missing that's why the parents won't speak to her anymore?
bbm
From what the lawyer SB said about someone in the household -- and seemed to indicate it was not the parents but a male spouse without saying whom... I'd guess it was the SIL as there's only one sibling and it's a woman ?
It was the interview yesterday but SB seems to get around and there maybe was more than one interview he spoke in ?
Brb.
Imo.

Oh I didnt know it was officer initiated. But, I don't think LE = "Laundry family household member". I'll have to go read the transcript again, I got the distinct impression that he was pretty angry at a family member for initiating (in some way) the report. He could have been referring to other family members cooperating with le, while Roberta and Chris were not.

Imo
Thanks for this. ^^^

I thought it was the Banfield interview and iirc, wasn't there another reporter that chimed in as well ?
They seemed to be irritating SB with questions that were very general and non-intrusive, but he seemed to bristle at them both and started opening up ?

SB just keeps dropping hints in the form of breadcrumbs. :rolleyes:
I wonder if RL and CL wish they'd hired different counsel ?
MOO.

That’s exactly what I said yesterday. Like when exactly did they area for underwater after BL went in there & the parents went out looking? He had to get in there somehow…JMO.
It's possible the location BL selected (near a bridge, I think) required wading through some level of water and he possessed the determination to get there. Determination the parents may have lacked - no reasonable person treks into flooded swamp water, so the parents may have stuck to the general area of the trails. imo

Why would the FBI not want a missing persons report, but the NPPD did? That's what SB is implying. He told the FBI and if they blew it off that's their own decision. Paraphrased. IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members