Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought that SB said it was not Cassie when AB immediately asked him. I posted that last night, that SB had said no it wasn't her. But I got rightfully corrected too late to delete. SB did not say that it wasn't Cassie. He said some word salad, but did not say it wasn't her.
You are correct he did not come right out, but in my mind he implied it was not the sister. SB received a call Friday from the FBI that BL was in Tampa. This conversation started the ball rolling toward a MPR. I based my opinion on the information from the JT interview and SB.

Moo...I believe NPPD did not know BL was missing, for some reason SBs FBI contact person either chose not to disclose to Tampa FBI or the information was withheld for another reason.
I've not been impressed with the FBI - NPPD relationship. Did the Denver FBI know Josh Taylor and the NPPD Chief were stating they knew where BL was in interviews? Did Denver FBI think SB was untruthful when he acknowledged on the 11th or 12th BL was missing/out for an extended hike? There is a disconnect with Denver/Tampa and NPPD.
All moo...

"They knew he was grieving, and so upset". What's that tell you? It tells me they knew she was dead way back then. He had to have told them something. Unsure if it was "I accidentally killed her" or if it was some made up story. Either way, why else would they know that their son was grieving and 'so upset'? And even if what he told them was a lie (a bear got her! It was horrible!)... what explanation would he have for leaving her there (the bear ran off with her?) and driving her van back to FL? And the fact he lawyered up.... they knew.
Whatever they knew or thought that they knew before the calls started on the 10th made them decide not contact or respond to Gabby's family. That was obviously a decision that they made and it was way before they received "advice" from their lawyer. SB says he was retained for this case on Sept 11.(after there was local police involvement). But, yeah, they could have been talking all along with their buddy SB as far back as Brian still being in Wyoming, depending upon what Brian was telling them. It's possible that the story they thought they knew was exposed as a lie when NS and JP started calling and all hell broke loose on Wabasso ave. Enter, SB to save the day. jmo

Brian lost his life. He will never know the joy of having children and grandchildren. He will never hike another mountain or enjoy a beautiful sunrise. He died alone and hunted. His legacy is to be one of the most hated men in the states.

I think he paid. MOO

Except he took Gabby's life and future, he doesn't get to have the same grace.

Exactly !

Everything that's happened since Gabby was murdered -- and including the possibility that Brian called/texted his parents immediately after in a panic -- has all been a huge damage control and a major CYA mode.
Imo.

If they had done proper damage control there wouldn't be protestors out front of the Laundries' house. SB has been a complete disaster as far as PR goes. He is way out of his league.

Could there be another reason the Laundrie's wouldn't want to file a MPR? What did they fear the FBI would discover at their house?
When I heard SB start bringing up the last few days that the FBI wanted to search the house 9/17 and that was the impetus to the MPR I couldn't help thinking back to those early reports of neighbors claiming BL left shortly before the FBI arrived. I'm guessing if that had any truth to it it would be on the cameras LE installed?

Mornin' cady.
I didn't forget you. ;)

As promised:
Footage: Swamp Search
Date: October 6, 2021
Source: SKYFOX Heli
Duration: 31 minutes 10 seconds

So now that we're in a hindsight phase... I myself, could not help but watch this footage again.

Note the footage goes to a blue screen at 13:20 and stays blue until approx. 13: 53.
(I vaguely recall seeing a blue screen when I 1st saw it but don't hold me to it.)

Not sure if it's a coincidence but the blue screen appears just when the Heli is filming in the area of, now discovered, BL's remains. hmmm

For perspective... Attached:
1) SS of Heli footage time stamp 13:57 (after footage resumes from the blue screen)
* Boxed in red is my identifying landmark
2) SS of Google Earth w/ pins on BL Remains & Mustang locations
*Boxed in red is my identifying landmark
3) SS of footage looking SOUTH from the Powerline Trail (showing amount of water / flooding).
4) Swamp Elevation Level Map
5) Link, again, to the Oct 6th Swamp Search Heli footage for quick reference.

Overall, this October 6th heli footage does indeed show a significant amount of water & flooding in the reserve during the search period.

*Thinking perhaps his final destination elevation could be intentional... Out of curiosity, I looked up the elevation of the spot where BL's remains were found, however slight it may be, to see if perhaps he was found on higher ground.
He wasn't.
My BL Remains pin shows an elevation of 23 feet.
Surrounding areas measure as high as 64 feet however, are mostly below 52 feet elevation.

I'm making an educated guess to say his remains were most likely moved, either by water flow or animal to lower ground (23 ft), leaving him under water until it receded.

Attachments

• A 10-6-21 Heli Swamp Footage 13.57 out of blue block - Copy.png
    A 10-6-21 Heli Swamp Footage 13.57 out of blue block - Copy.png
    982.9 KB · Views: 99
  • GE -A.png
    GE -A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 10-6-21 HELI FOOTAGE- SWAMP SEARCH - WET - Looking south of Powerline Trail.png
    10-6-21 HELI FOOTAGE- SWAMP SEARCH - WET - Looking south of Powerline Trail.png
    830.3 KB · Views: 103
  • SE 2.png
    SE 2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
It's possible the location BL selected (near a bridge, I think) required wading through some level of water and he possessed the determination to get there. Determination the parents may have lacked - no reasonable person treks into flooded swamp water, so the parents may have stuck to the general area of the trails. imo

I could see someone in his state of mind might want to go as deep into the woods as they could so they wouldn't be found. MOO

So now that we're in a hindsight phase... I myself, could not help but watch this footage again.

Note the footage goes to a blue screen at 13:20 and stays blue until approx. 13: 53.
(I vaguely recall seeing a blue screen when I 1st saw it but don't hold me to it.)

Not sure if it's a coincidence but the blue screen appears just when the Heli is filming in the area of, now discovered, BL's remains. hmmm

For perspective... Attached:
1) SS of Heli footage time stamp 13:57 (after footage resumes from the blue screen)
* Boxed in red is my identifying landmark
2) SS of Google Earth w/ pins on BL Remains & Mustang locations
*Boxed in red is my identifying landmark
3) SS of footage looking SOUTH from the Powerline Trail (showing amount of water / flooding).
4) Swamp Elevation Level Map
5) Link, again, to the Oct 6th Swamp Search Heli footage for quick reference.

Overall, this October 6th heli footage does indeed show a significant amount of water & flooding in the reserve during the search period.

*Thinking perhaps his final destination elevation could be intentional... Out of curiosity, I looked up the elevation of the spot where BL's remains were found, however slight it may be, to see if perhaps he was found on higher ground.
He wasn't.
My BL Remains pin shows an elevation of 23 feet.
Surrounding areas measure as high as 64 feet however, are mostly below 52 feet elevation.

I'm making an educated guess to say his remains were most likely moved, either by water flow or animal to lower ground (23 ft), leaving him under water until it receded.

So, it looks like he walked down to the creek, pretty much IMO.

Could there be another reason the Laundrie's wouldn't want to file a MPR? What did they fear the FBI would discover at their house?
Yes, I believe MOO, SB had "conversations" (I interpret as cut a deal) with the FBI prior to the MPR. In one of the many interviews SB discussing concerns the FBI was trying to gain access to the Ls home or to have verbal conversations with the Ls.

Moo...SB set up/cut a deal to limit the MP investigation to BL and no discussion related to GP. Examples would be ...NPPD couldn't say, Well ya think he disappeared due to GP?
I will give SB credit, as much as I dislike him, he has protected the Laundries so far.

ETA..I don't think its so much what the FBI would find in the house but conversations with Chris and Roberta. It could lead to obstruction of justice or lying to LE. He's protecting his client.

Being completely unbiased, and after watching the Ashleigh and SB video for the very first time (and it's my first time for seeing SB ever speak in person) I completely believe he was trying to do right by his clients. However, this entire saga was completely out of his scope as a real estate attorney! He should've done right by that family, by connecting them with a proper criminal attorney, as soon as they contacted him. Hind sight is 20/20. I do think he was just doing the best that he knew how.
Yes, part of the problem is protecting the interests of his clients ChL and BL started to diverge from protecting his other client BL

Being completely unbiased, and after watching the Ashleigh and SB video for the very first time (and it's my first time for seeing SB ever speak in person) I completely believe he was trying to do right by his clients. However, this entire saga was completely out of his scope as a real estate attorney! He should've done right by that family, by connecting them with a proper criminal attorney, as soon as they contacted him. Hind sight is 20/20. I do think he was just doing the best that he knew how.

He knew or should have known better. That's part of his job and his ethical obligations.

It does seem a close family would be inclined to report him missing though! Cassie would be my best bet.
IIRC in one of her interviews she said she had been cooperating with LE. So it all makes sense. She was probably getting information as well as contributing, and when she saw that her parents weren't going to file the paperwork needed to start the searches, she (IMO) did it herself. And I applaud her if that's what happened. IMO

I don't know how to precisely quote something from a closed thread. I did it by "guess". I'm not sure how it will display. If there's a shortcut, I'd love to know.

@Kristin Esq. this is in response to your post from last thread:

I’m curious to know what you take away from all of SB’s public interviews with MSM.

My take, IMOO, is that SB has lied publicly on more than one occasion, and his anger is actually about the fact that we have not believed the lies. MOO. Here are only a few of the documented examples of why I believe this to be the case:

1. He stated he reported BL missing the night he left. He made this statement notwithstanding the fact that a month ago he and/or the Laundries or both, gave the public and LE two different dates as the date of BL’s disappearance which they left uncorrected for more than a week. This HLN clip from a CNN interview with Josh Taylor NPPD reveals JT saying this is not true. (At 3:01)

Interestingly, SB does reveal new information. He says in this same place that the FBI came to the house on Friday NOT to complete a MP report, but rather as a follow-up to a tip to make sure BL was not “in” the house (I don’t think I have ever heard of the FBI giving a POI a head’s up that they would be arriving on a day certain to check out a tip and see if the POI was actually in the house. These things that come from him seem outlandish and just do not seem plausible.) It was when they physically showed up at the house that the Laundries agreed to fill out a MP report. Now, call me stupid but this “defense” of his is actually achieving the opposite IMO. He is saying in a non-direct manner that no MP report was filed until the FBI showed up on Friday for another matter entirely.

Here’s another article on JT refuting this but the video is much more impactful IMO. Brian Laundrie search: No discrepancy between FBI and parents on missing timeline, says family lawyer

2. He stated that LE accompanied them into the Reserve and were with them when CL found the dry pack. We know this to be false from Mike Ruiz’ video evidence. LE was nowhere in this wide angel frame when CL veered off the trail.

Brian Laundrie search: Human remains found near fugitive's belongings in Florida park

3. He stated the parents returned because the Reserve was once again open to the public. He conveniently fails to mention that the reserve was open for a week before LE shut it down, and that they didn't go search for BL, save one night. He conveniently fails to mention that the reserve was not yet then flooded as we know from BE coverage the next week that the reserve was becoming flooded.

IMOO, his national TV on-camera raging is more about himself than it is his clients. He is aware he has a credibility problem with the public and despite his best efforts to squash it he has been unable to do so, and it seems to be infuriating him. I also think this may stem in part from him still being concerned about potential exposure. MOO

What SB fails (or refuses) to recognize however, is that the public did not do this to him. These are his words and inconsistencies and in some cases according to JT of NPPD, his untruths or inaccuracies. They did not originate from the public. MOO His anger at the public and the media is misdirected. But, IMO he is demonstrating that he is incapable of blaming himself for anything.

This is all JMO.
Really appreciate how you said all this so succinctly. I have had some of the same questions--esp the part about the flooding. It seems to me that there has been a huge push to get that emphasized in the last few days, even by media. Even the long awaited press conference was really just an emphasis of the muddy conditions and the alligators and snakes they had to contend with. It was so odd. I remember when it first started raining, I didnt know enough about Florida weather to know it would make searching impossible. I was imputing what rain is like in other areas of the US. But there had been enough time to have searched where the parents specified before it started raining. IMO

IIRC in one of her interviews she said she had been cooperating with LE. So it all makes sense. She was probably getting information as well as contributing, and when she saw that her parents weren't going to file the paperwork needed to start the searches, she (IMO) did it herself. And I applaud her if that's what happened. IMO

SB appears to have used "household" to mean "in the house.". He stated that Cal wasn't there, and that the people there were himself, the L parents, 2 NPPD folks and an (I think one, could have been more) FBI agent. And that neither he nor the L parents initiated a formal MP report.

Thanks for posting this full video link. Imo, much confusion has come from viewing isolated segments. In viewing this interview in its entirety, SB actually explains alot. There is much speculation based on the timing of when BL left, when FBI & SB discussed BL’s failure to return, when NPPD became aware they’d “lost” BL & when/why the missing persons report was filed days after the fact. If you listen to the entire interview, the timeline is very clear & the reasons people have become confused become clear too.

For the record, while I think SB should stop doing interviews, I think he really is just a long-time friend of the L’s, practicing in the wrong branch of law, but trying to counsel his friends in an impossibly traumatic circumstance. Perhaps the L’s couldn’t afford the pricier tag of a criminal attorney. Idk. But what I see is much twisting of SB’s words. I think EVERYTHING about this case has proven to be MUCH simpler than the places the imagination goes.

Two young adults who really did love each other developed a very unhealthy, immature, toxic & at times abusive manner of interacting with each other. BL killed GP in an escalated fit of rage, then killed himself. GP’s dad never liked BL & called him a feminine version of his name. GP’s mom thought BL would keep her safe on the trip. The L’s did not want to interact with GP’s parents- maybe to legally protect their son, maybe because they didn’t like them ever. It’s not clear.

Imo, the only thing that can matter at this point is how can we ALL recognize these signs & help all couples- but especially young adults- navigate through life in a healthy, mature way? There’s got to be a way to help people learn & avoid this scenario.

All moo, imo, jmo etc.

Well said.

Oh I didnt know it was officer initiated. But, I don't think LE = "Laundry family household member". I'll have to go read the transcript again, I got the distinct impression that he was pretty angry at a family member for initiating (in some way) the report. He could have been referring to other family members cooperating with le, while Roberta and Chris were not.

Imo
Why would CL and RL not want to report their son missing!!?? Something is very off here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong