Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if they DID draw LE a map it would have been a more concentrated search from the beginning, come hell or high water. Do I know that they did not> No. I do not know. jmo
No one knows if he did, no one knows if he didn't, and usually a negative can't be proven.

I am asking people where they get their stories about the parents telling LE everything about where BL's remains were, because, IIRC most of those stories come from the lawyer.

I would like to hear accounts, ie proof, of how helpful the parents were that come from LE, not from the lawyer. IMO

i dunno sorry but imoo you'd have to have less braincells than toes to have been told by your child they killed someone and the best advice you give them is to return to the crime scene. nah....
I agree. That doesn't mean they didn't convince him to do it. I find no brilliance on the legal end of things from day one...which I believe began during a call to home from Jackson Hole.

How can strangulation until death be accidental?
I can't think of a scenario in a primary manual strangulation case that it could be. I was writing as a possible hypothetical in which BL killed himself before GP COD was known to the public. My point being, if there is anything close to a confession in the notebook, I don't expect it to likely align with the current facts of the case.

I think the police coming to the house on Sept 11 triggered panic. Remember, he was fine on the family camping trip a few days earlier according to Cassie.

One thing still really bothers me. Cassie said the topic of where Gabby was never came "because her kids were there". I find it odd that the kids did not ask about Gabby or where she was. By all accounts she was very fond of Cassie's kids and they of her.

Isn't there a link to a police report posted in here about a well-check visit on the 10th? This is the date I think it became all too real for them MOO. Though, I have no idea why this would be a surprise since JP (Dr. Phil, Media Thread) flat-out told them - if you don't call me back this time, I'm calling the police. MOO

One of my first thoughts was the attorney suggested he turn himself in and he would go with him. He knew they'd find her soon and would come to arrest him.
Yeah, I can see a scenario where SB says something like, if you plead guilty to X*, you will only get X* years, & the DP will be off the table. & BL loses it. I can only imagine that he would have no idea that self-defense wouldn't hold up well (with this cause of death) &/or that the death penalty could be on the table (in addition, of course, to him probably assuming she'd never be found/he'd never be linked).

Every word here is speculation on my part, so big JMO!

*Using X/asterisks above because I don't want to insert real numbers & give the impression these are facts or real possible sentence durations.

Final conversation with SB laying out the gravity of the situation?

Possibly letting him know that a warrant may be issued for taking her van, and credit cards. He could assume eventually they charge with at least that.

Highly unlikely to impossible without extensive and direct proof.
Much lower burden of proof. If they can make out the elements (prima facie case) they could file it and see if it survives a motion to dismiss (MOO). Filing against Brian though may not yield anything of value. I'd imagine a) he's judgment proof (no assets); and b) he is not here to answer questions. They would have to file against the parents in tort for negligent or intentional infliction of emotional distress or some other similar tort. MOO Do they have what they need to do file this? We don't know - they know more than we do. Would that yield results if it moves forward and the Petitos and Schmidt lawyer could actually depose them? Yeah. I'd be interested to see (if nothing else), if they'd take the 5th in a CIVIL suit. Now this would be very telling to me. MOO IMO JMO

We know little about BL's past. Only one friend of his from his past has stepped forward to describe BL. Yes, it takes time to strangle someone. Why didn't BL have friends in high school. There are a few things that could make a person zone out for awhile which means he was mentally ill, not evil. I look at it this way. Gabby loved Brian and she knew him for years. If he was an evil creature, don't you think she would have known? I think BL has some problems we don't know about. Do I think what he did was okay? NO NO NO. What he did was evil, very evil. However, Gabby up until toward the end, saw and loved BL. What made him snap at the end when he killed her? If he was pure evil, he would not have had enough remorse to kill himself at the end. MOO
I think about the parents. Where are their friends? Where are their friends comforting them, while Brian was missing? Where are their friends consoling them while they are grieving? Where are the meal deliveries and flowers friends send during these difficult times? Why aren't friends visiting? Do any of the Laundries have friends?

Ah, ok, gotcha.
Water levels at Myakka.
USGS.02298830.31758.00065..20210701.20211023..0..gif

Possibly letting him know that a warrant may be issued for taking her van, and credit cards. He could assume eventually they charge with at least that.
My guess is that those theft charges were charges to hold him, and LE were planning to charge Brian with murder ?
And, he knew LE had him dead to rights ?
Imo.

The one thing I will never doubt is that the Laundries loved Brian. To infer otherwise is IMO unjustified and unfair. It is thoroughly understandable to take issue with actions and have an opinion about public behavior. Attempting to take away the one last thing that CL and RL have left of their dead son -- their love for him -- is heartbreaking.

Suffering is so plentiful right now and is laced throughout two families. My deep desire is that humanity isn't scarce.

MOO.

Last edited:
The parents finding of BL could absolutely just be coincidence. But it makes you wonder did they find him that first night and talk to him out there 9/13? Did he have a camp set up there? Did they return to the same spot the next day? Or was he never there until the Friday the FBI came? And what happened on 9/18 further south on the canal? Hopefully this will be clarified in time, I wouldn't expect a TOD in the range of a day to be able to be determined from autopsy though. There could be other evidence on that week that has yet to come to light.

I too would like to know if CL found him that first night that he searched for roughly 4 hours. IMO Since BL remains were found within an hour walk off the trail at the entrance of the park and CL new that area was one of BLs favorites, it seems to me there would have been a good chance that he did find him.

Maybe he tried to get him to go home and he wouldn’t. Maybe the next day when both CL and RL went back to look they tried again to get him to leave. All this is my own wondering and conjecture. MOO

I can't think of a scenario in a primary manual strangulation case that it could be. I was writing as a possible hypothetical in which BL killed himself before GP COD was known to the public. My point being, if there is anything close to a confession in the notebook, I don't expect it to likely align with the current facts of the case.
Has to be anger or rage.that triggered him!
There was no OW
So.why?

I.sure hope.we.find.out!

I agree. That doesn't mean they didn't convince him to do it. I find no brilliance on the legal end of things from day one...which I believe began during a call to home from Jackson Hole.
Where does hiking from spread creek campground to Colter Bay Village and hitchhiking, then, to Jackson Dam, then hitchhiking to spread creek campground fit into this scenario? jmo Jackson Hole is the whole area, not a place. Jackson is a ways south of spread creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxxTraxx