Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion, but I think whatever day he left for the reserve area — he entered it, walked/thought/maybe wrote for a few minutes or up to an hour, killed himself, and that is it. I don’t believe he even made it until dark (or wanted to).
IMO Curious then why CL wouldn’t have found him that night or the next day when he looked for him in the same spot where he was found now. I’m not positive but I don’t believe the water was high at that time since it has been reported that CL went twice to look for him. Just wondering why you think he wasn’t found right away if he did it so quickly. MOO

I believe the lawyer and parents became involved shortly after the murder, while Brian was still in Wyoming. Everything up until his disappearance was an attempt to alibi him. It failed.
MOO

I agree. I think that as soon as Gabby's homicide occurred BL was on the phone asking mom and dad what to do.
In the early days of the case, I asked the attorneys on this forum if the exact date that the L's first spoke to their attorney will ever be revealed. Someone replied no, that will remain private information. Ugh. The date would tell us a lot. IMO.

I have looked at a lot of maps, read through all the official documents including the search warrant, arrest warrant, FBI posters, and statements. I have watched all the interviews and was present online during pivotal moments. I have heard the discrepancies, heard the clarifications, and considered the "experts'," news anchors', and WS members' views.

Taking all the information I have gathered into context, IMO, the overall big picture is not complicated nor convoluted. There are holes in public knowledge, obviously, which is to be expected, but I do not feel it is necessary to have to force pieces to fit. I also do not think every word out of SB's mouth is a lie. I think he makes mistakes, corrects them, and would not put himself on the line by lying in regards to things the FBI could turn around and refute him on. Taken at face value, the compilation of facts seem to speak for themselves. JMO.

But I feel nearly alone in this assessment.

You're not alone. But I do think there are some important unanswered questions, like how LE lost track of BL while saying they knew exactly where he was... I think such inconsistencies need to be answered to... JMO

Agreed (and devoutly hoped, for the sake of the neighbors if no one else!); because if there's no need to wait for Brian or try to track the parents "sneaking out" to him, there's little to no point in reporting upon their at-home reactions.

We can't say it's a desperate public need-to-know issue, because with both victim and likely perpetrator deceased, there's no point in protesters hanging around the place in order to scream queries and taunts at them. It's not forwarding any investigation and nobody else is in any known danger.

The first point is that Gabby was MURDERED. BL flew home, then flew back to Gabby. Then BL the drove back home in Gabby’s van. Visiting Mommy & Daddy both times. Everyone goes to silent.

The second point is that there are still two people in that house that most likely know a lot more about what happened. There are still a lot of missing pieces to this case.

The third point is that Gabby (posthumously), the Petitos and the FBI need to know exactly what happened. We are starting to see reports of the intense surveillance that was placed on the Laundries. (Hidden cameras, FBI tail to lawyer meeting in Orlando.) You can be damn sure that the FBI is looking at the Laundries actions and statements relative to developing evidence.

Justice for Gabby!

All IMOO.

Last edited:
Initially I was very angry that the Ls didn't answer the calls from GP's family.
I thought they called for at least 10 days.
Now it turns out that they started calling on the 10th so it wasn't even 24 hours and SB advised the Ls not to return their calls.

I still think their failure not to return those calls was a huge mistake and has caused them and Gabby's family much grief.
Beyond that, I don't believe the Ls suspected Gabby might be dead until they learned she was missing.
Who knows what BL told them?

jmho

Brian Laundrie: ‘No Trespassing’ signs placed along family’s North Port home | WFLA

NORTH PORT, Fla. (NBC) – “No Trespassing” signs were placed Saturday outside the Laundrie home.

The small yard signs were placed along the North Port home’s perimeter by Brian Laundrie’s father, Chris Laundrie.

These signs come days after the remains of Brian were found by authorities in the Carlton Reserve on Wednesday. A day later, FBI Denver announced officials confirmed the remains were that of Brian through dental records.

The investigation into his death and disappearance is still ongoing.

Just my opinion, but I think whatever day he left for the reserve area — he entered it, walked/thought/maybe wrote for a few minutes or up to an hour, killed himself, and that is it. I don’t believe he even made it until dark (or wanted to).

The only thing that will verify or dispute that is his time of death. With the Florida heat and the water, decomposition could have happened more quickly than normal. He could have been there since the first day or he could have made his way back to that area not long before his remains were found. Hopefully they will be able to determine the time of death. IMO.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443675713828229124?s=21
Police were called to the Laundrie house two times the day before Gabby Petito was reported missing.
Reports attached. Police redacted the narratives.
Reports say: "Problem Settled"

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443677455995318272?s=21
And three police reports connected to the Laundrie house on the day she was reported missing -- Sept 11.
Again ...totally redacted.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443724072840482816?s=21
1/2
North Port Police say the reports on Sept. 10 relate to the Petito family reporting Gabby missing.
"We were working with the family to get them to report the issue where it needed to be reported at. We were simply not the right outlet to report a person missing...
2/2
...out of another state. Per policy and Florida State statute, the missing person should be reported missing where they’re last known location was." - Josh Taylor, North Port PD.

these docs are important.......... to us all...but to the case.

Probably, yes. I don’t think he ever considered living on the run….

Let's be clear: We don't know BL's side of things, or what the Laundries did or didn't know, or did or didn't do only because they have chosen NOT to tell us or the authorities or GPs parents what happened to Gabby.

They chose not to even cooperate privately with the parents or LE regarding Gabby's disappearance and murder.

And they have chosen not to change that stance, as evidenced to by SB's comments in a recent interview, despite new information coming out over the past two months that have obviously changed the narrative.

Perhaps BL convincingly lied to them in the beginning. But as the facts came out post Sept 11th, and it became obvious that GP was missing, possibly endangered, how could they stay in denial?

GP's body was found and confirmed to be hers. Then MoD was determined to be homicide. Then CoD was determined to be manual strangulation/throttling. It was also revealed that BL was accused of using GP's debit cards fraudulently on his way home, due to her being dead.

There were many opportunities for BL and/or his parents to set the story story straight, explain what happened to the relevant parties. To offer 'his side'. Correct the record. To even do it privately and not include the public or media - if that was their concern.

But they have refused. That's their choice. Their right.

But we are allowed to express our disapproval of this decision, just as Gabby's parents have. And we are allowed to make our own assumptions based on the limited information/evidence that we are privy to, because of their refusal to release info. The facts that we do know, due to investigation, despite their continued lack of cooperation. JMO.

They still could reach out to GP's family behind closed doors if they wanted to. They could still share what they do know, to help give closure. There are still ways to rehabilitate their public image. Unfortunately I don't think SB's interviews are helping at all. They are contradictory and belligerent. Not a good look.

Why would one choose to keep a hothead with a chip on his shoulder as the public face of the defense for a potential DV murder case?

IMO perhaps the parents contacted SB initially as a friend to get free advice about whatever (and whenever) BL told them. Then on 11th September, it became official then they signed documents at Orlando on 23/9.

I hope one day that the Laundries and Gabby's family can sit together for an honest discussion. L family need to tell everything they know. Might be healing for both families. Privacy of conversation for both. No need for anyone else to know! As much as we'd like to know.
R.I.P. Gabby

I’m wondering people’s thoughts about the retention date of SB. He said he became “involved” Sept 11 (just as, or immediately after, the van was towed, apparently, based on his timeline).

Then he tells Ashley that anything from Sept 1-10th was privileged. But he hasn’t apparently been retained on those dates—so can privilege really be retrospective?

Thrn when pressed about that by Ashley he said something like, Ive been their lawyer for 20 years so everything they say to me is privileged—does that really work? Is it really a blanket thing like that?

and then, of course if he represented the parents in the juicing business or whatever it was, that still would not have ever included BL, before the 11th, right?

Do I have any of this wrong? Did what he said about legal representation add up to anybody?

JMO

IANAL and all I have is an opinion. But I will cut SB some slack here. Whether or not any discussions with the L’s are under privilege or not is kind of moot - the press is not the Court, and cannot subpoena or otherwise require SB to disclose what he was told and when. It’s not a crime to lie to the press, he very obviously knows this.

IMO Curious then why CL wouldn’t have found him that night or the next day when he looked for him in the same spot where he was found now. I’m not positive but I don’t believe the water was high at that time since it has been reported that CL went twice to look for him. Just wondering why you think he wasn’t found right away if he did it so quickly. MOO

"..These items were found in an area that, up until recently, had been underwater.

Bertolino brought up the water level as a factor of why the discoveries had not been made during weeks of earlier searches.

The last time Chris Laundrie went to the park to search for his son, on Oct. 7, swamp water came up to the edge of the trail.

Throughout the morning Wednesday, Chris Laundrie stepped off the trail into wet but navigable brush.."

There is a photo showing his pants and shoes are wet up to his knees.

Last edited:
WFLA reported a few hours ago that CL placed No Trespassing signs along the perimeter of the L's lawn.
I wonder why they didn't do that a month ago?

Sweet. CL put some effort into posting those pretty little signs, but he apparently didn’t lift a finger to post condolences or leave a wreath on Gabby’s memorial. IMOO

maybe this is what was discussed in Orlando?

Do joint defense agreements have to be in writing?
Although joint-defense agreements can be formed orally, a joint-defense agreement should always be in writing and reviewed with and signed by the client. United States v. Stepney, 246 F.Jul 21, 2016

guess if BL did not sign off, it will not matter now, IMO
I believe so, and BL was gone. MOO After the Daily Mail article I just found, I sure as heck hope that meeting in Orlando was not a proffer session and immunity deal. MOO When did CL suddenly go out to the Reserve? Was it right after this Orlando meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member