Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t the Petito and Schmidt families be contacted for the FBI to offer an immunity deal to the Laundries? It’s probably not required, but it seems only right. IMOO

MOO

Yes, it's not required but I've seen many cases where the prosecution takes the family's wishes into account.

I even seen it done when they didn't exactly align with what the prosecution preferred.

However, in this case, it wouldn't surprise me if the family wasn't considered or consulted about it at all.

I think they've been let down and wronged in this case quite a bit, by several individuals and LE organizations.

MOO

Do you think anyone other than BL killed Gabby?
Who do you think should bear responsibility for her death since BL is dead?

Her grandmother is heart breaking.

jmho

I believe the Laundrie’s actions and statements should be thoroughly imvestigated until Gabby’s case is closed by the FBI. They should be charged for any illegal acts, if any have ever occurred. IMOO

No, not at all, everything's good. :D
But if you're upset there's no need as the comment was about the protesters.
I didn't imply that Gabby's murder should be forgotten.

I'm referring to the members who feel that people are trespassing on the Laundries' property and the neighbors.
And I didn't mention the media, who have every right to be there and should be there.
This case is about Gabby and she is the only victim, along with her family.
Myself and many others have been here for Gabby from the beginning.
I don't care at all about the protesters being there. The L's put themselves in this situation; if they made different choices, then maybe they wouldn't be dealing with what some of the protesters are doing. MOO

Do you think anyone other than BL killed Gabby?
Who do you think should bear responsibility for her death since BL is dead?

Her grandmother is heart breaking.

jmho

No one else should bear responsibility for her death unless there was someone else there when Brian killed her. So far there are no known other suspects. If anything, I think if someone else was there they would have stopped Brian from doing what he did. Another person in the equation = another outcome.

I think Brian told his parents about what he "accidentally" did but it is not a crime that the parents knew. No crime committed by them that is obvious.

Umm, you have just told me 2 things in your post that I was unaware of. Geeze. I think I'm sick. MOO I'm going to check back in tomorrow. I'm too bothered by this possibility now.

For your morning coffee, Juris:

“Conversations were had several weeks ago with the FBI with respect to certain charges,” he [SB] said. “When questioned and when communications were had between myself and the FBI, I think it was realized that charges were not appropriate.”

Two things:
- Sounds as though he's suggesting the FBI questioned them
- I note that this explanation does not preclude the possibility of some kind of immunity deal. It almost suggests one to me. JMO

bbm
The Laundries not calling and telling them something, is just cruel and beyond shameful. How could they do something like that to the parents of the woman their son "loved." How could they? Still SMH.
Agreed.
True victims do not behave in this manner.

They answer the frightened families' calls and go and help to search for this young lady !
OR, if there'd been a confession --the parents should have told the Petito's what happened and turned their son in to LE.
What law-abiding people do.
MOO.

Catching up. I had to drop out of the threads around 230 this afternoon. At that point we had pretty much dissected the SB Banfield interview. Any big news, grand revelations or new topics of discussion this afternoon or evening?

Catching up. I had to drop out of the threads around 230 this afternoon. At that point we had pretty much dissected the SB Banfield interview. Any big news, grand revelations or new topics of discussion this afternoon or evening?
I don't think there's going to be anything new until forensics completes their work. I think it was said it could take a few weeks. For now it's just posturing from SB in an attempt to make Brian the victim and drum up sympathy for the Laundries. MOO

I believe the Laundrie’s actions and statements should be thoroughly investigated until Gabby’s case is closed by the FBI. They should be charged for any illegal acts, if any have ever occurred. IMOO
Do you think there was any falsified or misleading information ?

You explained that very well. Some people don't believe the reports of the terrain being too wet to search when Brian's dad went out on October 7th. H20 and muck right up to the trails. No cadaver dogs in that wet area. Not sinking their dogs in the muck!

Brian Laundrie search team adds a K-9 unit. Here’s why

K9-diesel.jpg

Photo of K9 Diesel, provided by the Pasco County Sheriff's Office

While you are likely correct, I think some posters are more focused on the earlier days that SB claims BL's parents went looking for him: the 13th to the 15th. There was allegedly little to no flooding then (correct me if I'm wrong). I think that's when they are questioning the lack of finding BL if they were searching in that same area at that time.

They did not seemed concerned about his welfare at all IMO. They were very disinterested and took no active role in finding him until weeks later. MOO
It would not be surprising if the FBI &/or NPPD asked them to stay away until needed.
It's pretty ridiculous to think that after the argument at the
We'll have to wait and see what the forensic anthropologist can make of it. I'm not convinced quite yet he killed himself. Also very curious to know if and to what extent there was a camp setup.

I agree with what you are stating, and the article s you attached help with that argument. The water level chart a few posts back is also quite revealing data.

I feel that the Laundries just knew deep in their souls that he was in there, and he was dead.

I feel that one relatively ironic fact is how close he actually was to his car. My guess is that LE and the L's felt he was much deeper into the swamp.

But I have a funny guess that Brian knew what he was going into the swamp to do, and he actually decided to be closer to the car so it wouldn't be sooo hard to find him, and therefore, not as hard on his parents.

funny how some things just don't turn out the way you think...............
But if they found his remains so easily, why didn’t CL find him right after he went missing?

It seems like the LE searches right after were he went missing were in a totally different area….much more tropical. Why didn’t LE search right near the Mustang with a watercraft, if needed?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Nice spot of victim blaming, SB:

"“You couldn’t write this Greek tragedy,” Steven Bertolino told The Post Friday. “Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”"

Also this, IMO, would appear to be the problem:

"Bertolino said that Chris Laundrie felt helpless when Brian left their home for the last time, saying Brian appeared “very upset” but that he couldn’t prevent him from leaving."

Wouldn't this be where a Baker Act/hold, etc. would come in? Or, IDK, forcibly stop him?

More of the effects of this hand-wringing permissive parenting, IMO; where parents try to weak-assedly reason with their misbehaving darlings, instead of telling them what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member