NC NC - Brandon McDonald, 35, truck found wrecked, Bladen Co, 25 Mar 2021 *reward*

New billboard spotlights missing Bladen County man case

A new billboard is hoping to help bring attention to the case of a Bladen County man who has been missing for nearly six months.

The Cue Center for Missing Persons on Monday installed a new billboard on West Green Street in Clarkton, spotlighting McDonald’s disappearance.

Governor Roy Cooper’s office and McDonald’s family are offering a combined $15,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

‘The Lord is watching you:’ Family of missing Bladen County man hopes billboard will advance case

With no sign of him for months, and no use of his phone or credit cards, investigators formally announced they suspect foul play in his disappearance.

“It’s a very hard case, the reason being because it involves three counties. We’re in Bladen County, that’s where he lived, things happened in Cumberland County and some things have occurred in Scotland County,” said Bladen County Sheriff James McVicker.

The sheriff says the lead investigator assigned to the case has made several trips around the region and is still following multiple leads, hoping for a resolution soon.

@shoppy82
I was just checking in on Brandon’s thread. Any updates on his case?
Prayers that there may be answers soon…
There are no updates on his case. It will be a year next month on the 25th since Brandon left home and did not come back. Continue to keep praying for us that we will get some answers soon. #justiceforbrandon

It will be a year on Friday since my brother, Brandon, went missing. There will be a balloon and birdseed released on Friday, March 25th. We are trying to keep Brandon's case alive. Please continue to keep Brandon's family in your thoughts and prayers.

3 balloons, birdseed to fill the sky on Friday | Bladen Journal

3 balloons, birdseed to fill the sky on Friday | Bladen Journal

Three balloons will be released on Friday here on the one-year anniversary of Brandon McDonald’s disappearance.

Cox said she had a reason for using only three balloons.

Dena Cox, the missing man’s mother, said the three balloons are a way to say “I love you” to her son.

“This isn’t going to be a celebration,” she said. “It’s just a way for us to keep the case alive.”

The event will be held at 527 W. Green St. in Clarkton starting at 1 p.m.

His last known communication was at 7:09am. To whom?
What was the last communication prior to the 3am departure? Is there a record showing him leaving his home at that time?

I looked back through the thread and didn’t see a picture of his truck.

That might help to add to his missing page? Did it have any identifying stickers, add-ons, etc?

Picture of the wreck? Might jog someone’s memory?

Did he live alone?

It was a year ago since since my brother, Brandon, went missing and did not come back home. We had an event yesterday to commemorate a year since he went missing. As of yesterday, there is now a $5000 cash reward for information to the direct location and recovery of Brandon. There will be no questions asked and the reward is for 90 days. We just want to find Brandon and bring him home. Please share on your social media, and especially if you know someone that lives in Bladen County or Scotland County, Laurinburg area. Here is a link to the news stories:

Family marks one year since disappearance of Brandon McDonald

Clarkton community members gather one year after Brandon McDonald's disappearance - WWAYTV3

Attachments

• New Reward Poster.jpg
    New Reward Poster.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to WS, @shoppy82. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Brandon and all of his loved ones. I'm so sorry you all are having to go through this.

I noticed on Brandon's FB that he has two FB friends (initials R. L. & T. B.) whose FB pages show they are from/live in Hope Mills, N.C. He also has two other FB friends (initials T. L. & C. B.) who live in Laurinburg, N.C. Has LE contacted these friends to see if they've had any interactions with Brandon around the time he went missing or since? I wonder too if they would know of others from those areas with whom Brandon may have been in contact.

Do You have a link to the facebook? I can't seem to find it, probably taken down by now.

It was a year ago since since my brother, Brandon, went missing and did not come back home. We had an event yesterday to commemorate a year since he went missing. As of yesterday, there is now a $5000 cash reward for information to the direct location and recovery of Brandon. There will be no questions asked and the reward is for 90 days. We just want to find Brandon and bring him home. Please share on your social media, and especially if you know someone that lives in Bladen County or Scotland County, Laurinburg area. Here is a link to the news stories:

Clarkton community members gather one year after Brandon McDonald's disappearance - WWAYTV3

how did this missing person case die so fast? no leads? no hints?

@shoppy82 just wondering if you are willing to provide any more information. <modsnip> At the very least, I will keep my eyes peeled and keep it in mind.

I think the most important information would be the location of the Scotland County Sheriff and SBI search in the Laurinburg area using troopers on foot, K9 and drones in July 2021. They must have had a good lead to expend these resources.

Brandon had feather and dreamcatcher tattoos and was fascinated by wolves...even though he or his father or you don't look it, was he involved in the Lumbee community at all?

<modnsip: Sleuthing family members is not allowed>

It is obvious from your interviews and articles that Brandon had some previous years of very rough times and he had moved back in with his father. Even though perhaps he was clean at the time and for the time you had reconnected the previous 6 months, knowing the type and the look, I think he was obviously at some point into drugs, can you just say?

Many of the articles reference his 7:09 AM call home to his father and that his father was going to leave something out for him to pickup in around an hour. Do you know what it was?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Do You have a link to the facebook? I can't seem to find it, probably taken down by now.
Sure do. See quote below. Brandon's FB is still active.

Based on a pic in one of the missing posters, I believe this may be his FB :

Jeffery Mcdonald

Pics there that show a very nice truck - one that would possibly grab unwanted attention. JMHO

To Note from the above article:
•Brandon McDonald was believed to have been in the Laurinburg and Hope Mills area prior to going missing.
•his cell phone’s last known location was in that area, and his truck was found wrecked and abandoned in Fayetteville.
•McDonald’s father was the last to speak with him, and said his son was planning to come home and visit him, and became worried when he had not heard from him.

•“I get so upset I told his mama, something’s wrong. Brandon ain’t here, he called me three hours ago, and he ain’t shown up. Phone going straight to voicemail,” Brandon’s dad stated.

To Note:
•The Bladen County Sheriff’s Office said they believe someone is likely behind his disappearance but no one has been charged in connection to the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back