Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

And isn’t it interesting SB does not say Brian is not a killer. He instead qualifies Brian as less of a killer because he isn’t “serial”. His unspoken words are that BL only killed one, not that Brian didn’t kill at all.

And of course, he wasn’t “mean” when he killed her.

Makes me sick. Moo

I agree. Somehow, he just killed one woman he was engaged with, supposed to be the love of his life...but oh, well, everyone makes mistakes sometimes. This isn't spilled salt.
SB is an odd person, with no empathy. I do not care for him or his attitude towards women at all.

Exactly.

And isn’t it interesting SB does not say Brian is not a killer. He instead qualifies Brian as less of a killer because he isn’t “serial”. His unspoken words are that BL only killed one, not that Brian didn’t kill at all.

And of course, he wasn’t “mean” when he killed her.

Makes me sick. Moo

I agree. Somehow, he just killed one woman he was engaged with, supposed to be the love of his life...but oh, well, everyone makes mistakes sometimes. This isn't spilled salt.
SB is an odd person, with no empathy. I do not care for him or his attitude towards women at all.

No matter what Brian told them about his reason for driving home in Gabby's van, it seems normal to me that they would be concerned about her welfare enough to try to contact her and if not able to reach her (which, obviously, they wouldn't) then call her mom just to ease their minds that all was well with Gabby. But, no. They tried to ignore the whole strange abortion of the van-trip, hoping that it would just go away. jmo

It's really pretty simple isn't it? "Hey son, I know that was an ugly breakup [or whatever the story was] but I'm just gonna send a quick text to Gabby's mom [right now on September 1st], let her know the van is here in the driveway when Gabby needs it." Even though Gabby was already gone, that one thing could have spared Gabby's family so much pain -- it probably also could have spared the Laundrie's a great deal of their own pain; it would have blown this case open 10 days earlier.

No matter what Brian told them about his reason for driving home in Gabby's van, it seems normal to me that they would be concerned about her welfare enough to try to contact her and if not able to reach her (which, obviously, they wouldn't) then call her mom just to ease their minds that all was well with Gabby. But, no. They tried to ignore the whole strange abortion of the van-trip, hoping that it would just go away. jmo

We are finding out that some people do NOT have normal emotional responses, not normal to us.
It's possible The Laundrie's have always been reserved, cold or indifferent. We would need to know how they acted before the "van life" road trip. What's normal to them? What's their baseline?

Last edited:
Returning to a previous topic of speculation and trying to figure out how it fits in with the now-known timeline:

On Thu Sep 16 (after BL was missing but before the missing persons report was filed), there was a pink envelope dropped off by LE at the Laundrie house. Yet in this interview, NPPD says, "I'm not aware of that." (1:08 timestamp)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1438676041996947469

So was it the FBI dropping something off, without NPPD's knowledge? Did we ever learn more about what this hand-delivered envelope contained?
For some reason I thought it was on the 11th that the officer handed them some sort of piece of paper. I don't think we ever did find out what it was.

Grieving means great sorrow. This does not exclusively mean death. Everyone in both families are suffering. What more does the public want? Almost anyone who has a son or daughter loves that child no matter what. If you don't get that, I cannot convince you. Everyone wanted to crucify BL. He did it to himself. Time for letting the families heal and letting LE do what they have to do. I think going for the throat or going for blood says more about the public and what they want over what BL did.
Indeed. And it's awfully convenient how all the clips and quotations from SB's interview with Kristen Thorne, where he uses the word "grieving" have been edited down to cut out the first part of his sentence. He's referring to the 14th (meaning the 13th, before BL left). He said both families were grieving. At that date, GP's family didn't know she was dead, yet SB refers to them grieving, as well. SB clarifying that it was a poor word choice is probably accurate and not proof, in and of itself, that the L family knew GP was dead already by then. Jmo.

Timestamp 11:00

Full Interview: Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino discusses

Grieving means great sorrow. This does not exclusively mean death. Everyone in both families are suffering. What more does the public want? Almost anyone who has a son or daughter loves that child no matter what. If you don't get that, I cannot convince you. Everyone wanted to crucify BL. He did it to himself. Time for letting the families heal and letting LE do what they have to do. I think going for the throat or going for blood says more about the public and what they want over what BL did.

I really can only speak for myself. I absolutely wanted him found... alive. I wanted for this case what the Petitos wanted - which was to have Gabby's murder properly adjudicated in a court of law, for Gabby to have legal justice.

Returning to a previous topic of speculation and trying to figure out how it fits in with the now-known timeline:

On Wed Sep 15 (after BL was missing but before the missing persons report was filed), there was a pink envelope dropped off by LE at the Laundrie house.

Police have made contact with missing Gabby Petito's boyfriend

Yet the next day (Thu Sep 16), in this interview, NPPD says, "I'm not aware of that." (1:08 timestamp)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1438676041996947469

So was it the FBI dropping something off, without NPPD's knowledge? Did we ever learn more about what this hand-delivered envelope contained?

EDITED to correct dates
Was that the warrant for the external hard drive? Who would be served that warrant?

When I have had the sad need for an attorney, I have hired ones who I feel best reflect my beliefs and concerns, and I have fired some when I find their affect off putting. I too do not care for SB at all and I wonder what type of person would like his representation. I wonder how much it takes, even though one has fears for themself, before they scream “Stop”, before further damage is done to others. I guess that’s what empathy is all about.

It's really pretty simple isn't it? "Hey son, I know that was an ugly breakup [or whatever the story was] but I'm just gonna send a quick text to Gabby's mom [right now on September 1st], let her know the van is here in the driveway when Gabby needs it." Even though Gabby was already gone, that one thing could have spared Gabby's family so much pain -- it probably also could have spared the Laundrie's a great deal of their own pain; it would have blown this case open 10 days earlier.
YUP. I was just thinking how would it have played out if Gabby ditched Brian and drove the van home to NY? So, after not hearing from B and being unable to reach him, they call Gabby and she refuses to respond, then her parents, and they refuse to respond.....what would they have done? jmo

I have said since day 1 that he was gone within 24 hours. And that was stretching it. He saw that LE was closing in and ended it. It is very clear to me, frankly.
I think he subtly said bye to his mom and dad with a smile and a few words. No need to talk about it anymore. He had already said all he was gonna say. He had already made his decision. He walked out of the house…

Once he was at the Park, he walked. He walked and thought. Walked and thought. Thinking and walking. Walking, thinking and thinking, walking and thinking…Running. Running and running, running and running, no more thinking, running, running, running, running, until he couldn’t breathe anymore, his lungs gave out, his legs gave out, he stopped, fell to the ground, looked up, pulled out a gun and ended his life. imo

Last edited:
Indeed. And it's awfully convenient how all the clips and quotations from SB's interview with Kristen Thorne, where he uses the word "grieving" have been edited down to cut out the first part of his sentence. He's referring to the 14th (meaning the 13th, before BL left). He said both families were grieving. At that date, GP's family didn't know she was dead, yet SB refers to them grieving, as well. SB clarifying that it was a poor word choice is probably accurate and not proof, in and of itself, that the L family knew GP was dead already by then. Jmo.

Timestamp 11:00

Full Interview: Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino discusses

Grief is the response to loss, particularly to the loss of someone or some living thing that has died, to which a bond or affection was formed.

Grief - Wikipedia

I agree we use the word "grieving" to talk about sorrow, but we particular use it when talking about a death moo

YUP. I was just thinking how would it have played out if Gabby ditched Brian and drove the van home to NY? So, after not hearing from B and being unable to reach him, they call Gabby and she refuses to respond, then her parents, and they refuse to respond.....what would they have done? jmo

Gabby's dad actually publicly answered a version of this what-if thought exercise. It's too buried in Google search for my abilities, but I believe Mr. Petito said pretty much that if Gabby had come home alone in Brian's vehicle that he would have contacted the Laundries; there would have been some conversations, they would not have refused to respond in the first place.

They could do something private. End of the day, this was their son.

I don’t think the Laundries’ are able to do anything Private, at the moment! And I certainly don’t think the “protesters/harassers” would give them that respect, considering they are still out there, yelling at the house.

I’m just chiming in here to say that funerals are not important to everyone. To many families they may be important, I am getting the impression by your replies, that they are important to you. But all the members of my family, we have all discussed, and none of us want funerals.

My friend works in the funeral industry, and she tells me that it is getting increasingly more common in the last couple of decades. Or at least far more so than it was in the past.

You're right--he stated repeatedly that they did all of their conversations over phone or facetime. SB actually forgot/neglected to state on TV (as far as I know--although I think I've seen all of the reent interviews) that he visited Florida once, & the parents drove to Orlando to meet him. This was on Sept 23, iirc.

IIRC, he did not meet them in Orlando per his own admission. It was speculative that they were meeting him. I wish I could find the data. MOO

SBM:
I literally gasped out loud reading this. Holy crap. How dare he?
Why? I'm sure it's true. Nobody is an angel. Everyone has faults and makes mistakes. That's human. That's ok. It does NOT make Gabby in any way responsible for her death.

Brian made mistakes and maybe killed Gabby. That doesn't make him a demon. He also had good qualities.

Nobody is pure. Not pure angel, not pure demon. There is good and bad in all of us. I believe putting people in simplistic boxes is detrimental to our understanding. And understanding is key to future prevention. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆