Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stupid question, but I honestly don't know the answer.

If somebody kills somebody close to them, would they in turn be more apt to commit suicide in a similar fashion? As in, strangulation/hanging.
Interesting question! I know there are stats on the methods used by women vs. men, but I don't think this question has ever been explored? Thinking on a couple cases I know, the answer is yes.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Ok I will bite. Does it really matter how he died? It could have been a suicide, a hanging maybe, but not enough of the body remains so it couldn’t be concluded. It could have been a poisoning, if there is residue in the water bottle, but there isn’t enough of the body remains to verify. He could have been killed accidentally. or, even more out there, maybe he was murdered. They will never know. And do you know what? I don’t care… so, no, they won’t know anything more than what they look for, and if they stop looking they may never know the truth. But if they do look more, chances are pretty high they will never be able to know the truth anyhow, and the truth of how he died is just not really important.

I wasn't asking you to bite, I was just replying to your post

this is what I had typed as a reply but I edited it out & replaced it with a one-liner:

bbm
Some scenarios....

- if, next week, we're told that there is insufficient remains ( from what they'd already collected) to determine cause & manner of death & time of death, would you still feel like the same?

- if, next week, we're told that BL's MoD & CoD was likely suicide and he shot himself, but no gun was recovered from scene, would you still feel like that?
- if next week, we were told that......insert next scenario

we can go with the probable scenarios to the highly unlikely ones.
we don't know what LE have retrieved & what they did not find or what was potentially left behind.
If the bottle is genuine ( & not another grifter fake) it is indicative of a careless search which could mean there is stuff still out there. We can't know if that stuff is important cause we don't know what is vs what LE managed to find

Absent veiled attempts to portray herself as something she was not, Gabby, imo, did have a kind of True-North wholesomeness & resonating simplicity about her when it comes to Mother Nature.

Yes, she was starry eyed but, at such a young age, she seemed to have a clear ability to see the whole fragile world in front of her... waiting to be lovingly grasped with care, compassion and empathy.

This just makes me so very sad. :(

Gabby Petito Shared Wedding Plans, 'Life Goals' Online Before Disappearance, Homicide

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/gabspetito/life-goals/

Everything about this water bottle story is very sketchy, imo.
I suppose the bottle isn't of value to the investigation even if it was Gabby's.
Gabby's family may want anything of hers they can get.
If it is in fact Gabby's.

I can see how a small PD in SW FL would not want the FBI telling them what to do.
It's political.
Nuff said.

jmho
Is the guy in the photo holding the bag Local LE or is he with FBI? Who did CL hand the bag to? jmo Whoever it was that was with the Laundries that day, didn't bother to look in the area where the bag was found for more items??? And, of course, no one was wearing gloves. jmo Shoddy, whoever the agency was. jmo

Is the guy in the photo holding the bag Local LE or is he with FBI? Who did CL hand the bag to? jmo Whoever it was that was with the Laundries that day, didn't bother to look in the area where the bag was found for more items??? And, of course, no one was wearing gloves. jmo Shoddy, whoever the agency was. jmo
bbm
It was local PD.
I believe they were humoring the Ls and were surprised when they found some of BL's belongings and remains.
No gloves?
It's mind blowing.
imo

Sounds as though they wisely don’t want anything public, but will grieve privately, which is what I’d assumed:

Laundrie family won’t hold funeral for Brian but plan meeting ‘to grieve’

Agreed -- funerals are a big support when friends and far-off relatives attend to support the close relatives and see each other, but whatever the L's may or may not have done, they don't need some nut, etc., making things worse, or making a scene. A bad scene there might be the first and last thing the L's think of when thinking of BL, and that's just not right.

Leaving the water bottle behind was negligent if it happened like that. It belongs to a murder victim and should be processed as evidence and then offered to her family. It's possible though that they just missed it rather than saw it and thought it unimportant.

Leaving it out in the park means anyone could find it and put it on eBay. Think about how hurtful that would be to Gabby's family. You'd want to collect it just so other people can't get it.

There was one NPPD officer and one FBI agent, the latter according to SB. Not sure which one accepted the bag. MOO

Brian Laundrie found: Parents may have just missed discovering son themselves
One later identified himself as a member of the North Port Police Department, and the other works for the FBI, according to Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino.

It's extremely disappointing to post this. But, if it is accurate as alluded to in both the DM article and the SB interview with Fox Digital last thread, there will be no legal action in the case. What I would expect though is that GP's family would get as complete an accounting of events as is known. The following is all JMO.

Portions of this timeline were taken from this article: Brian Laundrie's parents 'may have already spilled the secrets of Gabby Petito's murder to the FBI' | Daily Mail Online

Other parts of the timeline not relevant to the post were omitted. [Bracketed text are posts by me based on my thoughts and speculation only. MOO] [Bolded text for emphasis was done by me (except for the dates).]

Sept. 13: Laundrie's lawyer says on October 5 that his parents now 'believe' this was the day they last saw him heading for a hike

Sept. 14: Laundrie issues a statement about Petito's disappearance through his lawyer; Laundrie's parents claim on September 17 that Laundrie left his parents' home for a hike this day and they hadn't seen from him since

Sept. 17: Laundrie family attorney confirms his whereabouts are unknown

Sept. 18: North Port police and the FBI start searching the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County for missing Brian Laundrie

Sept. 19: Bethune realizes she has video of Petito's van around 12am and submits the FBI with the footage 10 minutes later; Officials announce a body was found near Grand Teton National Park that matched Petito’s description in the afternoon

Sept. 20 - 22: FBI and North Port police continue search for Laundrie in Carton Reserve

Sept. 22: Neighbors say they saw the Laudrie family pack up their detached camper on the day Gabby was reported missing. DailyMail.com photos show the camper was back in the driveway two days later, on September 13

[Indictment filed and warrant issued this date. IMO, Daily Mail wrong here. Indictment – #1 in United States v. Laundrie (D. Wyo., 0:21-cr-00113) – CourtListener.com Laundrie attorney most likely given a head’s up that this indictment was filed, especially if a proffer session was being considered by the government or floated by Bertolino. And, if it were, the AUSA (or FBI) may have even told the atty that an indictment was also already handed down or would be forthcoming against the parents. MOO]

Sept. 23: FBI issues an arrest warrant for Laundrie for 'use of unauthorized access device' for fraudulently using a Capitol One Bank debit card that was not his between August 30 and September 1 to spend $1,000; A probe is launched into the police handling of the Utah police incident on Aug. 12; Laundrie’s parents visit their attorney in Orlando

[Indictment and warrant actually issued the day before, which fits perfectly with any “purported” or proposed proffer session of the Laundrie parents in Orlando. So, was this the reason why this visit was the one and only time Steven Bertolino came to Florida? To get an immunity agreement finalized (or started) and signed?]

Sept. 27: Manhunt for Laundrie in the Carlton Reserve is scaled back after 10-day search doesn't find him. Dog the Bounty Hunter says Laundrie and his parents stayed at Fort De Soto Park from September 1-3 and September 6-8 - and that on the latter visit only the parents left

[LE NEVER goes to Fort DeSoto for a search. Do you recall how odd we all thought that was? Well, note that this is post-Orlando in this timeline. MOO]

Sept. 28: Laundrie's mom is accused of using a burner phone to contact her son Sept. 29: Documents reveal Laundrie's mom canceled a reservation for the Fort De Soto Park campsite for two from September 1 to 3 and booked for three from September 6 to 8; FBI seizes surveillance footage from site; FBI investigates lead Laundrie bought a burner phone on September 14;

[On this day LE does gather some evidence and looks into the phone issue. Was this part of verifying the Laundries’ veracity for the proffer and immunity consideration? MOO]

Oct. 7: Laundrie's father Christopher joins FBI agents on the search for his son at the Carlton Reserve but the search brings up no clues

[Post-Orlando. They appeared almost friendly, LE and CL. SB made public comments some time prior to this that the FBI requested Chris Laundrie at the crime scene. I thought he was nuts if he thought anyone was going to buy that, truth be told.]

October 20: Human remains found in Carlton Reserve

[Laundries go back out after water recedes. Was the Reserve re-opened to “shield” their immunity agreement *if* one even exists?
LE did NOT follow them around in the reserve. LE had no issue whatsoever that Chris Laundrie handled evidence, and then passed it off to Roberta Laundrie who then also handled it (at least this is what it looks like to me in Mike Ruiz' video with Chris first and then Roberta holding the dry bag), and then handed it off to LE. ]

In MOO/IMO/JMO, and not fact, a proffer would occur only when the person is under investigation or has already been charged with a crime. And, in the fox video SB does, in fact, acknowledge that criminal charges were discussed, though he does vehemently deny any immunity agreement has been reached.

LE may want the information and before committing to cooperate will have a proffer session (tell us what you know, if it’s worthy or checks out, maybe we will give you immunity for more. Defense attorneys can also float proffers to the government if they think the government has a weak case or if the case is strong, to try to get them to reduce the charges. Definition of PROFFER SESSION There are many other references on this but most are attached to actual firms seeking business so I will not link those. Anyone looking for more information can check them out online.]

Fox Video (Compliments of @Figuring) with breakdown and timestamps here: Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78
This is an amazing post Jurisprudence. I think it makes so much sense. I’ve remained agnostic about the Laundries’ role/knowledge, but this timeline is really persuasive in suggesting they had some exposure they needed to minimize. It explains why SB praises LE, & also why he has kind of been providing no real defence for BL (unless we count “it’s not like he’s some serial killer”). JMO. Thanks for putting this together.

Leaving the water bottle behind was negligent if it happened like that. It belongs to a murder victim and should be processed as evidence and then offered to her family. It's possible though that they just missed it rather than saw it and thought it unimportant.

Leaving it out in the park means anyone could find it and put it on eBay. Think about how hurtful that would be to Gabby's family. You'd want to collect it just so other people can't get it.

Agree 100%

Ok I will bite. Does it really matter how he died? It could have been a suicide, a hanging maybe, but not enough of the body remains so it couldn’t be concluded. It could have been a poisoning, if there is residue in the water bottle, but there isn’t enough of the body remains to verify. He could have been killed accidentally. or, even more out there, maybe he was murdered. They will never know. And do you know what? I don’t care… so, no, they won’t know anything more than what they look for, and if they stop looking they may never know the truth. But if they do look more, chances are pretty high they will never be able to know the truth anyhow, and the truth of how he died is just not really important.
I suppose it doesn't really matter. However, what I find interesting about sleuthing is the unfolding of events, and how different the truth is from my assumptions. Examples: 1. Kelsey Berreth: Who would have thought that another woman was involved in the burning of her body? Gruesome, crazy, stupid. 2.' Charli' Scott: The media kept reporting as fact the story that the perpetrator gave as to where he last saw her. Fortunately, her family had Life 360 and were able to locate her clothes and the little bits that remained of her body. Ugh. I was really caught up in this case. 3. Mollie Tibbetts: I never thought her boyfriend was involved. There was another local man who many accused due to a domestic violence history. I never thought he was involved, either. In the end, PD was able to resolve the case and it was someone that none of us had on our radar. So this is what intrigues me - finding out what REALLY happened, how/when/why it happened. JMHO

ORLANDO stuff, skip if you got it. I keep circling back to the mystery of parents' Orlando trip.

Could BL parents have told what they knew in Orlando?????

9/23 BL parents drive to Orlando day after the 9/22 BL arrest warrant.
If Orlando trip was to see FBI, then why not TAMPA which is a "field office" (bigger and closer). Orlando FBI is a "resident office" (smaller, less equipped + further).

Could the Orlando trip have been at States Attorney Office for deposition/discovery/bargaining/deals and that's why SB was present?

"Depositions are held at the location listed on the Notice of Deposition and are also frequently held at the Public Defender’s Office in the Orange County Court Complex, 435 N. Orange Avenue, Orlando." from 9th circuit sa website listed below.

Locations

FBI Headquarters | FBI Locations

FBI News Release for BL arrest warrant 9/23. (Denver FBI arrest warrant issued 9/22--FBI news release about BL arrest warrant issued next day 9/23)
https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1441170971453390874

MOO. (Edit by me forgot the MOO)

I suppose it doesn't really matter. However, what I find interesting about sleuthing is the unfolding of events, and how different the truth is from my assumptions. Examples: 1. Kelsey Berreth: Who would have thought that another woman was involved in the burning of her body? Gruesome, crazy, stupid. 2.' Charli' Scott: The media kept reporting as fact the story that the perpetrator gave as to where he last saw her. Fortunately, her family had Life 360 and were able to locate her clothes and the little bits that remained of her body. Ugh. I was really caught up in this case. 3. Mollie Tibbetts: I never thought her boyfriend was involved. There was another local man who many accused due to a domestic violence history. I never thought he was involved, either. In the end, PD was able to resolve the case and it was someone that none of us had on our radar. So this is what intrigues me - finding out what REALLY happened, how/when/why it happened. JMHO
Well in this case everything that seemed obvious happened, so IMO there is zero possibility there is someone else involved.

Brian Laundrie found: Parents may have just missed discovering son themselves

On Sunday, a group of people including TikTok user @chroniclesofolivia returned to the area where Chris and Roberta found the dry bag and discovered some bone fragments and a Nalgene-style water bottle with labeling from a Seattle REI Co-op. An identical bottle can be seen 7 minutes and 27 seconds into Gabby Petito's "van life" YouTube video.

Police collected the bones but could not determine at the scene whether they were human or animal. They left the bottle behind and later said none of the items found Sunday were tied to the investigation. The department's spokesman did not immediately respond when shown the screengrab from Petito's video.

"I feel it was very negligent, it was irresponsible," Olivia told Fox News. "They were more interested in the bones – but they knew they were animal bones."

Richard Stafford, the attorney for Petito's parents, said he didn't understand why police would have left the bottle behind.

"It looks like hers," he said. "We have a picture that's from before she left for her trip. It looks like that bottle. I don't know why it would be left there."

The FBI has the van and will know if the bottle is still in the van or not.

and if the infamous person has faked this bottle , she ought to be charged but IDK if there's anything she can be charged with now that the park has reopened. You'd know better

OT but that " preserve" doesn't sound all that pristine to me if so-called nature lovers are dropping trash left and right in it and no one bothers to pick it up or clean it up and dispose of it. If nothing else, they should have at least removed the debris and disposed of it properly. jmo

It surprised me NPPD did not search the area BL was found prior to reopening. This is the area Mr L met with FBI two weeks ago and was still heavily flooded. Nope, they search the opposite end of the park, with ariel, dogs and a drone.

NPPD is not alert/experienced with social media, sleuths, influencers and "home grown detectives". They still didn't get it after Dog joined the search and let the cat out of the bag, of the Desota trip and the AT&T store. Best I remember LE had to go back to Desota Park and obtain the video Dog spoke of.

Will we soon see "bones" of BL on EBay? How could they not scourge this area for all debris and remove, relevant or not. They clearly could and should have remove/clear down to the dirt and the areas with orange paint.

MOO, NPPD did not take the missing person report seriously, NS had to file MPR in NY even though GP last address was with the Ls, denying CL was searching with FBI, and losing site of BL.

Now the bones/water bottle saga, that JT has already denied is relevant but, strangely the FBI is interested in.

I'm just gobsmacked at NPPD. Will we hear from the attorney's? I would bet both families are very upset.

All my opinion only and I've very supportive of LE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member