SC - South Carolina Prosecutor Arrested On Attempted Murder, Multiple Child Abuse Charges, Oct 2021 *Guilty, no jail*

Oakie

Reaction score
SC prosecutor is accused of violent abuse of his wife and children.

Lowcountry South Carolina Prosecutor Arrested On Attempted Murder, Multiple Child Abuse Charges

Folks--just a warning here...this story is so shocking, some of you may not want to read it.

I'll post an excerpt:

A prosecutor in Berkeley county, South Carolina has been charged with attempted murder and five counts of unlawfully neglecting a child in connection with multiple instances of alleged child and spousal abuse. According to police, this behavior was documented in multiple photographs and videos taken inside the prosecutor’s home.

Michael Justin Mims, 40, of Hanahan, S.C. was arrested by officers of the Hanahan police department on Thursday afternoon on these charges. He was booked shortly thereafter at the Hill-Finklea detention center in Moncks Corner, S.C.

Given the severity of the charges filed against him – and the graphic nature of the evidence reportedly provided to police – a Berkeley county magistrate declined to set a bond for Mims at a preliminary hearing on Thursday afternoon....

Go to the link at FitsNews if you want the details.

Michael-Mims.jpg

(Michael Mims....photo from FitsNews)

Horrible!

I'm so glad his wife reached a point where she felt able to ask for help and that she had the video to back her up. Hope that between the attorney representing her and the courts, he is either kept behind bars or if heaven forbid is let out, she gets notified as a victim should be so she can take steps to protect herself and the kids.

With 'alleged' abuse going on for so long and him being from a position of power, he probably never thought this could happen and is now incensed. Keep.him.locked.up.

"New allegations against former BCSO top DUI prosecutor Michael Justin Mims claim he was abusive towards his children and wife for years.

Local attorney R.S says he was approached by Mims’ wife with claims of abuse. He says she showed him videos of Mims abusing her and their children.

“It’s traumatizing. It’s disturbing. It’s ruined my entire week and I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s disgusting and I don’t even want to think about it. I haven’t been sleeping well because I’ve seen this and it’s just a brutal attack on innocent kids, for no reason,” said Schwartz on the nature of the videos.

He says they were so graphic, he couldn’t watch all of them.

Mims was charged with attempted murder and neglect this week. According to the Berkeley County Detention Center’s website bond was not set for him."

Local attorney shares details on top DUI prosecutor's alleged child and spousal abuse

SC prosecutor is accused of violent abuse of his wife and children.

Lowcountry South Carolina Prosecutor Arrested On Attempted Murder, Multiple Child Abuse Charges

Folks--just a warning here...this story is so shocking, some of you may not want to read it.

I'll post an excerpt:

A prosecutor in Berkeley county, South Carolina has been charged with attempted murder and five counts of unlawfully neglecting a child in connection with multiple instances of alleged child and spousal abuse. According to police, this behavior was documented in multiple photographs and videos taken inside the prosecutor’s home.

Michael Justin Mims, 40, of Hanahan, S.C. was arrested by officers of the Hanahan police department on Thursday afternoon on these charges. He was booked shortly thereafter at the Hill-Finklea detention center in Moncks Corner, S.C.

Given the severity of the charges filed against him – and the graphic nature of the evidence reportedly provided to police – a Berkeley county magistrate declined to set a bond for Mims at a preliminary hearing on Thursday afternoon....

Go to the link at FitsNews if you want the details.

Michael-Mims.jpg

(Michael Mims....photo from FitsNews)
It’s behind a paywall
Can you post some of it please?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

That article is shocking!. Those poor kids, his wife's have been extremely terrified of what he would do to her and them if she told. He is lucky she didn't snap and kill him in his sleep, I think maybe I would have!

Last edited by a moderator:
Something drastic must have happened for her to get up the courage to go to the police seeing as she had lived with so much terror for so long. Those children are lucky they have not suffered brain damage. Although they must have psychological damage after all that. Someone was surely going to die if this wasn't reported. MOO

Something drastic must have happened for her to get up the courage to go to the police seeing as she had lived with so much terror for so long. Those children are lucky they have not suffered brain damage. Although they must have psychological damage after all that. Someone was surely going to die if this wasn't reported. MOO

Drastic or maybe she found a resource or community online or met someone in the community who gave her advice and assistance for documenting the abuse and making her plan to report him and leave.

It is always terrifying to do what she did, but with a husband in his position, there was likely added fear that he imposed (along the lines of 'no one will believe you).

Sounds like the abuse of the children has been going on for years and now that the older ones are iirc six or seven years old, they will be out more around other people, injuries and behavioral changes more noticeable and the possibility they could say something.

Whatever caused her to reach her breaking point now, it's incredibly brave.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Yeah. However he may never see the light of day. Being a prosecutor putting people away I’m sure there are people that have him on some kind of vendetta list. If that’s not bad enough I mean what he’s done to his children...the people in prison ain’t gonna like that one bit. Moo.

Also moo-ing again, I think that he thinks that he is invincible, that he will not be going to prison and that he will be safe. However I think this is his ego talking. And when reality actually settles in, e.g. he is being transported for his prison sentence forever, he will find a way to kill himself before he gets there to meet his maker(s).
But that’s just moo, moo, cow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I
wonder if there was a bit of touch up and/or photoshopping of some sort, because if you blow up the photo and study it, it looks like he has some major bruises on both eyes, at least one above his right (our left) eyebrow. And his nose looks fractured over the bridge. At least compared to his professional looking photo that we originally saw with the first post. MOO.

Justin and Heather Mims Wedding in Charleston

Here’s a link from their wedding in 2015. Wonder if he always had a temper or if he just wasn’t father material.
Wed in 2015 and 4 kids so quick.
7,6, 4 and 3 year old.
Did the sudden family bring on added stress in the marriage? What in the h*ll happened?

Incident in 2018 when one of the sons was three years old....did he apologize profusely for that horrible abuse? Did she believe it wouldn’t happen again? I’d be scared to have any more children after that! Or did he insist on having more children? Such horrors. :(
He must have turned into a monster shortly after they were married.
He needs a hot iron to his privates.
JMO

I

wonder if there was a bit of touch up and/or photoshopping of some sort, because if you blow up the photo and study it, it looks like he has some major bruises on both eyes, at least one above his right (our left) eyebrow. And his nose looks fractured over the bridge. At least compared to his professional looking photo that we originally saw with the first post. MOO.
My eyes always have dark marks around them like that and they're not bruised. My left eye also droops like his does, it's just my face. MOO of course.

Wed in 2015 and 4 kids so quick.
7,6, 4 and 3 year old.
Did the sudden family bring on added stress in the marriage? What in the h*ll happened?

Incident in 2018 when one of the sons was three years old....did he apologize profusely for that horrible abuse? Did she believe it wouldn’t happen again? I’d be scared to have any more children after that! Or did he insist on having more children? Such horrors. :(
He must have turned into a monster shortly after they were married.
He needs a hot iron to his privates.
JMO

No doubt he had at least some anger issues before marriage I'm guessing.

Thankfully I have no clue if his poor wife didn't think it would happen again. I do believe her that she was afraid he'd kill her.

Never having been in an abusive relationship I never try and "get it" or question it. Thankfully this lovely woman went to the cops. IMO he would have wound up killing one or all of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back