Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

Another quiet morning at the #Laundrie home. Parents have not yet returned. SB says they and Cassie’s family have gone to an undisclosed location to grieve in private. Remember, they’ve decided to forego a funeral.
#BrianLaundrie #GabbyPetito https://foxnews.com/live-news/bria

Did they have luggage with them when they left? I thought just a back pack. Maybe they already had planned to get away for a bit? Weren’t there some cartons already packed up? Iirc they went to mail some packages, but it was the day before they went to the reserve.
I had hoped they mailed some of GP things to the Ps.

Could they have possibly mailed their own things to a preplanned get away location??
And then went to the reserve???

just like everything else with this case, the timeline is crazy…., that would be nuts right?
The 911 calls came from the house, SB was adamant Cassie was not there and the L’s did not file the report. Maybe the 911 calls are not related to the filing of the missing person report but to the crazy protestors. I think LE filed it after learning he had been gone for several days. MOO
Those reports though are what was given to Fox News in response to their FOIA request for the 911 incident reports. The last one dated 9/17/21 says “missing person”. IMO someone in the house called 911 to report a missing person. It also had a higher level of response than the other three calls that day.
That report is not the entire missing person report. It is only the report produced for the 911 response. Moo

Respectfully disagree. Can you give examples of substantial swift and competent work the NPPD did in this case? They're in total damage control mode now. They know they made several mistakes, mostly through negligence, but continue to deflect. You noticed the Petito side never thanked the NPPD, it was an officer in NY that took them seriously, while NPPD initially told them to take their concerns elsewhere . JT is out there still saying that GP lived in NY since June thus creating a scenario for why they refused to help initially. Why is LE so often automatically adversarial towards the public that pays their salaries?
That's really not fair. NPPD followed the laws of FL. Missing persons must be reported missing to LE in the area they went missing. In this case, the person went missing in WY. Under FL law the report had to be filed in WY. FL only takes missing persons reports for people who went missing in FL. imo

kinda hard to do a grid search in water, i believe they concentrated their search further into the reserve thinking Brian had hiked on in and was up in he woods further and that was hei mistake.
Of course, anything is possible. But after the water receded, why not then? The car was relatively close to the location and parents pinpointed the location. Doesn't matter now. But makes finding the truth harder, if even possible. RIP Gabby. Peace to both families.

I'm wondering now if it would have been cheaper to pump the excess water out of the area where BL was found so they could have searched there in the beginning. Not sure if that would have been possible, although I have seen it done at lakes. It does appear that the Laundries knew exactly where BL was the whole time. Wonder if that would have been cheaper than the huge search of all the wrong areas of the park?

BBM Good question but IDK the exact extent of the flooding during the times they searched this spot.
( Was a it a large expanse of shallow water which was difficult to drain?)

This is such a tone deaf, reckless, and horribly timed statement. It's also false; who is seriously comparing BL to TB, and are the two really a subject for valid qualitative comparison? I won't go into details about strangulation deaths but; How does this statement hold up if BL was able to strangle the life out of GP's unconscious body for 3-5 minutes?
I have seen posts even here, that claim Brian was a serial killer who just didn't have enough time to kill additional girls. Or that the bodies of his past victims have not been found yet. And that the murder was planned for months. Those voices are magnified across the internet. And extreme, negative voices are the ones most often heard and repeated. He has been described as evil, a monster, etc.

Though I do think Brian killed Gabby, I'm not personally comfortable with such labels. I don't know Brian. I don't know what happened. Gabby loved him. His family loved him. He was remorseful enough that he (most likely) took his own life. Surely there was more to Brian than just being a cold killer.

SBs statement about Gabby was ill advised. And nothing excuses her death. But I do understand the frustration of having a loved one vilified and Gabby portrayed as an angel. Extreme viewpoints are rarely true.

Did they have luggage with them when they left? I thought just a back pack. Maybe they already had planned to get away for a bit? Weren’t there some cartons already packed up? Iirc they went to mail some packages, but it was the day before they went to the reserve.
I had hoped they mailed some of GP things to the Ps.

Could they have possibly mailed their own things to a preplanned get away location??
And then went to the reserve???

just like everything else with this case, the timeline is crazy…., that would be nuts right?

Those reports though are what was given to Fox News in response to their FOIA request for the 911 incident reports. The last one dated 9/17/21 says “missing person”. IMO someone in the house called 911 to report a missing person. It also had a higher level of response than the other three calls that day.
That report is not the entire missing person report. It is only the report produced for the 911 response. Moo
Thanks for the clarification, not sure how I missed that.

If it was Gabby's water bottle, it's more evidence that BL knowingly took items from Gabby which would have been important for her survival. It helps refute the idea that she willingly left, gave up the van etc. Because not only does she not have shelter, transport, means to communicate or money, she also has no container for water while left in the wilderness.

Exactly! Thank you.
Didn't have his own water bottle? Why did he take hers?

BBM
So because the remains were confirmed through dental records is that the reason it’s stated DNA wasn’t used? Each day more drama, sad how this tragedy is being stretched to the limit just to feed the talking heads. IMO

BBM

Autopsy of Brian Laundrie's remains came back inconclusive, attorney says
Brian Laundrie's remains were sent to an anthropologist "for further evaluation" after autopsy results came back inconclusive, according to the family's attorney.

“No manner or cause of death was determined," Steven Bertolino said in a statement to NBC News.

Human remains were found in Florida's Carlton Reserve on Wednesday after more than a month of searching for Laundrie, who was a person of interest in the disappearance of his fiancée, Gabby Petito, before her body was discovered in Wyoming. The remains, described as "skeletal" by the North Port Police Department, were confirmed to be Laundrie's after a review of dental records, officials said Thursday.
I wonder how long this can go on?

I agree about the sketch. For all of the LE assumed (because we really don't know) faults, I can't see them being this inept. The videos and pictures have been displayed online for all to see. Anyone could have hunted down that exact water bottle and planted it. And, if that happened it would be beyond the pale IMO because if this did happen, don't these people realize that they are ripping open the wounds of the Petito and Schmidt family all over again?

I am getting annoyed with the lack of accountability in this case. I've been borderline sick to my stomach since last night thinking that after all that has occurred it may very likely be that no one will ever be held to account.

And, with that said, I say this: IF someone planted that water bottle there and they can prove this by trail cams or otherwise, arrest them and prosecute them. IMO this is tantamount to filing a false police report. MOO JMO

I agree with this:
accountability

This has been a recurring topic in this case starting with the MOAB LE police dept.
They desperately need retraining and the officers who laughed at Gabby.
Down to touching evidence without gloves.

I cannot get past this. I talked to my detective friends they are outright shocked too.
Since the park was reopened to the public, how would this work? I would think many people were out there looking who were not associated with LE. Honest question.

That's really not fair. NPPD followed the laws of FL. Missing persons must be reported missing to LE in the area they went missing. In this case, the person went missing in WY. Under FL law the report had to be filed in WY. FL only takes missing persons reports for people who went missing in FL. imo

yes the misper protocols sound like they need rationalising & unifying across states but IDK how realistic that is in USA ( easier to reform these procedures across regional & national forces within the UK)

So the case was initially passed to suffolk county, I believe he said, because in his view the couple 'had moved back to new york' ( That clip we we're all discussing saturday here)

Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents
The Laundries’ lawyer insisted that the family are victims as much as anyone else.

“You couldn’t write this Greek tragedy,” Steven Bertolino told The Post Friday. “Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”

Thank you!

Since the park was reopened to the public, how would this work? I would think many people were out there looking who were not associated with LE. Honest question.

Great question! I think they reopened it too soon. They should have kept it closed to continue searching.
When the Laundrie's agreed to search they could have specifically told them: DO NOT TOUCH anything or supplied gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23