SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed AM said “real short hair.” That doesn’t fit Eddie.

Neither does the "fair amount younger than me" comment, as Eddie is 61, and AM is 53. I love how after the "really, really short hair" he seems to get flustered and runs out of descriptions and asks if she has an ambulance coming. lol

Neither does the "fair amount younger than me" comment, as Eddie is 61, and AM is 53. I love how after the "really, really short hair" he seems to get flustered and runs out of descriptions and asks if she has an ambulance coming. lol

He was clearly grasping. It is obvious he is not used to being questioned.

As I was listening to the tapes of these phone calls I was struck by how the Murdaughs permeated every aspect of life in that area and intimidated every person. It is no wonder that it has taken events as catastrophic as what are occurring to expose this. No one person could ever have exposed this by themselves. MOO MOO MOO MOO

As I was listening to the tapes of these phone calls I was struck by how the Murdaughs permeated every aspect of life in that area and intimidated every person. It is no wonder that it has taken events as catastrophic as what are occurring to expose this. No one person could ever have exposed this by themselves. MOO MOO MOO MOO

Correct and I can see why no one wanted to go up against them. Why go through the grueling process and/or suffer consequences for doing so. I hope this opens the floodgates to anyone who has been taken advantage of by AM and friends.

Randy became trustee of the estate after Grandaddy Murdaugh passed away.
They are named as trustees of the Murdaugh residences. These were personal liability claims paid out by home & auto insurers.

From the article:
"WHO PAID THE SETTLEMENT?

The six respondents to Jane Doe’s petition for approval of settlement are listed as: Jane Doe #2, John Doe #1, John Doe #2, John Doe #3, John Doe #4 and John Doe #5.

According to Odom’s order, Jane Doe #2 and John Doe #1 were insured with Heritage Property & Casualty Insurance Co., which provided $500,000 of liability coverage.

Of the available coverage, an arbitrator awarded the petitioner $279,600, according to the order. John Doe #2 had a $1 million liability policy with Hudson Specialty Insurance Co., according to the order. An arbitrator awarded the petitioner $559,200 from the coverage, according to the order."

"Respondent John Doe #3 was insured under a $500,000 liability coverage policy from Auto Owners Insurance Co. The arbitrator awarded $279,600 from the coverage, according to the order.

John Doe #4 and John Doe #5 each had $500,000 liability coverage policies with Great Lakes Insurance SE, according to the order. The arbitrator awarded $279,600 from each.

The total combined settlement from the anonymous respondents — including accrued interest — was $1,700,032.45, the order said.

That settlement was divided into two claims: $850,032.45 to the wrongful death claim and $850,000 to the survival claim.“
But then why was the grandfather included in the B wrongful death lawsuit? He had nothing to do with it

But then why was the grandfather included in the B wrongful death lawsuit? He had nothing to do with it

After purchasing the alcohol, Richard Alexander Murdaugh Jr.’s brother (Paul) shared the alcohol with Beach and the other four people under the age of 21, according to the lawsuit. The group then consumed alcohol on Randolph Murdaugh’s property, referred to in the lawsuit as “The Island.”

“The Island” is property located on Chechessee Creek that is an asset of the Murdaugh Trust 2, which Randolph Murdaugh is a trustee of, Tinsley said. He said it is where the boaters launched from on the evening of Feb. 23.

The lawsuit accuses Randolph Murdaugh of allowing underage drinkers to consume alcohol on his property and allowing them to leave in an in “intoxicated state.” It also said the group drank alcohol that was on The Island and “available for consumption.”

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article228682004.html

After purchasing the alcohol, Richard Alexander Murdaugh Jr.’s brother (Paul) shared the alcohol with Beach and the other four people under the age of 21, according to the lawsuit. The group then consumed alcohol on Randolph Murdaugh’s property, referred to in the lawsuit as “The Island.”

“The Island” is property located on Chechessee Creek that is an asset of the Murdaugh Trust 2, which Randolph Murdaugh is a trustee of, Tinsley said. He said it is where the boaters launched from on the evening of Feb. 23.

The lawsuit accuses Randolph Murdaugh of allowing underage drinkers to consume alcohol on his property and allowing them to leave in an in “intoxicated state.” It also said the group drank alcohol that was on The Island and “available for consumption.”

Yes. His property = his policy.

SCMurdaugh Murders Saga: Feds Bicker As They Prepare To Enter High-Profile Investigation

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Feds Bicker As They Prepare To Enter High-Profile Investigation

Jmo

What a convoluted mess.
I actually see federal involvement as a good thing. Perhaps it will provide some oversight and the Murdaughs, for once, won’t be allowed to manipulate things in their favor. Because Alex’s crimes go beyond the potential murder of his wife and child and into financial (white collar) crimes as well as possible drug-related crimes, I believe federal involvement is highly justified.

SCMurdaugh Murders Saga: Feds Bicker As They Prepare To Enter High-Profile Investigation

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Feds Bicker As They Prepare To Enter High-Profile Investigation

Jmo

What a convoluted mess.

No surprise that Folks sees his favorite boogeyman, Biden, as somehow being a problem in this case but I’ll reserve any concerns over federal involvement here to see if it produces a result and to what extent. If the DOJ is pushing to resolve these murders then I see no problem and don’t get why Wilson is so offended, except for his own politics.

No surprise that Folks sees his favorite boogeyman, Biden, as somehow being a problem in this case but I’ll reserve any concerns over federal involvement here to see if it produces a result and to what extent. If the DOJ is pushing to resolve these murders then I see no problem and don’t get why Wilson is so offended, except for his own politics.
Exactly. Folks can’t help but let his Libertarian views spill over into his editorials (I mean articles). ;)

Jmo

What a convoluted mess.

I can't read the article, can you summarize the supposed bickering? Are the Feds bickering amongst themselves, with other LE agencies? Is there actual bickering or are various agencies trying to work out legitimate issues, ie jurisdiction, sharing information?

@LotusPawprint

Again, I continue to believe the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) is living up to the words of its chief, Mark Keel – who has repeatedly vowed to pursue justice in this case “no matter where the facts lead us.” Similarly, I continue to trust the office of S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson when it comes to handling any charges raised during the pursuit of this inquiry – which Wilson’s office did in the aftermath of a fatal 2019 boat crash that thrust the Murdaugh family into the statewide limelight nearly three years ago.

Certainly, there have been some credible criticisms of the way the state has conducted this process … and the proof of its investigative, prosecutorial and judicial integrity must continue to manifest itself in the proverbial pudding. But as of this writing, I have seen nothing to suggest federal involvement in this case is warranted due to any malfeasance or incompetence on the part of any state actors.

Is it warranted? Yes. But it’s a bandwidth thing … not because of anything the state has done wrong. And federal involvement must not compromise the integrity of the current investigations.

Sadly, the entrance of the feds into this case – which I have consistently supported – has been steeped in scandal owing to a nefarious bid by Murdaugh defense attorney Dick Harpootlian to negotiate a backdoor plea agreement for his client.

@LotusPawprint

The goal of these ongoing plea negotiations was to strike a preemptive deal with the federal government that could conceivably mitigate some of the state charges Murdaugh is facing – as well as additional charges he is likely to face in the future,” I noted earlier this month.

“Yeah … that is hardly the sort of “federal involvement” sought by those eager to see justice done for the many victims of this saga.

PMPED and its partners are currently facing scrutiny in connection with an ongoing SLED investigation into allegations that Alex Murdaugh stole more than $10 million from the firm.

Carra Henderson is a special U.S. attorney who handles drug cases for the feds in the fourteenth circuit. Her father, Danny Henderson, is a workers compensation lawyer at PMPED who opened the firm’s Ridgeland, S.C. satellite office back in 1980.

Also, Carra Henderson’s direct boss – S.C. fourteenth circuit solicitor Duffie Stone – has already recused himself from this case due to his close proximity to the Murdaugh family. In fact, until recently Alex Murdaugh was still carrying a badge as one of Stone’s deputy solicitors.

“How can that office investigate PMPED’s involvement when a partner’s daughter works there?” one Lowcountry lawyer wondered. “(The case) needs to be handled by Columbia or Greenville. I’ve heard (federal prosecutors) in the other offices are not happy the investigation could be compromised by Charleston handling it.”

To be clear: I am not suggesting either Carra Henderson or her father have done anything wrong. I am simply saying the stakes of this inquiry are far too high to have such a clear conflict of interest go unaddressed (especially seeing as the fourteenth circuit has already acknowledged its conflict in all things Murdaugh).

Bottom line? The feds are about to jump into this case in a big way … just not artfully.

That’s too bad … because once again, I believe this case calls for federal involvement.

Oh I see now. Thank you Elley Mae I hadn't realized the kids were drinking somewhere other than at the oyster bake property. I must have missed that inside all the other stuff. There's just so much to process involving tte M's. Thanks again

Thank you Elley Mae.

Based on what you shared, I didn't read anything indicating "feds bickering", as their headline reads .

Also, respectfully to fitsnews, any news article that mentions " I" that many times is not really a news article, it's an opinion piece with bits of relevant information.
("I continue to trust.... ", " I have continuously supported....", "I am simply saying...", " I believe this case calls for")

Sorry jmo, it gets frustrating to parse through actual news from their take.

Thank you Elley Mae.

Based on what you shared, I didn't read anything indicating "feds bickering", as their headline reads .

Also, respectfully to fitsnews, any news article that mentions " I" that many times is not really a news article, it's an opinion piece with bits of relevant information.
("I continue to trust.... ", " I have continuously supported....", "I am simply saying...", " I believe this case calls for")

Sorry jmo, it gets frustrating to parse through actual news from their take.

To be fair, I think Mr Folks is upfront about being an opinion blog. I just don’t see the need for him to get into the politics ditch with this case. Yes, we know the south doesn’t need the federal govt reach for anything (eyeroll) and it’s no surprise that the current leaders don’t like it. Again, I’m interested to see if the fed involvement will produce anything. And I wonder if the brass fears what may be produced.

To be fair, I think Mr Folks is upfront about being an opinion blog. I just don’t see the need for him to get into the politics ditch with this case. Yes, we know the south doesn’t need the federal govt reach for anything (eyeroll) and it’s no surprise that the current leaders don’t like it. Again, I’m interested to see if the fed involvement will produce anything. And I wonder if the brass fears what may be produced.

As a non-subscriber, I only get to read what is posted here so maybe I don't see disclaimers stating it's opinion... The last post shared by Elley Mae with the title of 'feds bickering' appears to have no mention of that actually happening.

I will take this as a learning experience-- 'News' appearing in an organization's name doesn't qualify what they do as strictly news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361