Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt this goober murdered any girlfriend, for example. He strikes me as a small time loser.
And are most murderers big-shot high flyers then?

While I can't discount the theory of a fantasist putting himself in the frame, I find it highly improbable that BKA would be taking this public route unless they had something more substantial. They've repeatedly stated that they have concrete proof that MM is dead, and I don't think they could they assert that based on CB's confession if the possible fantasist angle couldn't be definitively ruled out.

Last edited:
My opinion is the man is a complete fantasist . Ask yourself how many people would even begin to think of confessing to killing other people even if they had ?
A drunk and or high person can admit to all sorts ! the mouth tends to run wild, and more often than not the truth comes out.

Last edited:
And are most murderers big-shot high flyers then?

No but mostly the get caught after the first one, even if they have a respectable working class/middle class life as a background.

I am kind of struggling to see this guy as multiple murderer, multiple rapist, playground pedo predator, burglar, drug dealer, dark web creep etc etc etc

To my mind, low end crook, park predator, rapey dude seems very much a level I could believe.

But the level of his implied crime spree seems a bit much IMO, with such varied crimes.

While I can't discount the theory of a fantasist putting himself in the frame, I find it highly improbable that BKA would be taking this route unless they had something more substantial. They've repeatedly stated that they have concrete proof that MM is dead, and I don't think they could they assert that based on CB's confession unless the possible fantasist angle couldn't be definitively ruled out.

Hope you are right. But also, I can't for the life of me think what that evidence could be, without them charging him ASAP

I am kind of struggling to see this guy as multiple murderer, multiple rapist, playground pedo predator, burglar, drug dealer, dark web creep etc etc etc
Well I wouldn't disagree that the tabloids in particular like to go over the top with possible links but it's what the prosecutors are saying that's important.

Multiple murderer? At present it's only the MM case where they link him to any murder as far as I can tell. And we don't know any details of what supposedly happened there, maybe it wasn't premeditated but rather the result of a botched burglary or something like that. The latest revelation in CM where CB apparently confessed to killing an ex-gf... I'll hold judgement as there's not much further detail than that provided. Who knows, maybe he was even referring to MM but in a 'coded' sort of way.

Multiple rapist? Well, we know one which he has been convicted for and according to the reports, it was the testimony about the other rapes viewed on tape that helped get that conviction. Being that it's evidence which has been cross-examined in court and believed to be credible by the judge, I'm inclined to believe the testimony is correct more than I'm inclined to believe GA's version of it being a fit up. We'll see what happens with the Hazel B case and whether they bring charges.

As for the other things you mention there... Playground predator - he was caught in the act so we know this happened. Burglar - this has been widely acknowledged by multiple sources and he has multiple convictions for theft. Drug dealer - again, multiple sources as well as convictions for it. Dark web creep - not sure what you mean by that but seems more likely than not be was heavily involved in the DW given the volume of files police uncovered on his buried hard drives.
But the level of his implied crime spree seems a bit much IMO, with such varied crimes.
For info, this is a list of CB's convictions I'm aware of, but there may be others I've missed. I would say there's quite a variety there already, and that's only the crimes he's been caught for and convicted at trial.

04/05/1992 - Theft and driving without a licence (Court of Wurzburg)
09/11/1992 - Theft (Court of Wurzburg)
06/05/1993 - Theft and driving without a licence (Court of Wurzburg)
13/10/1994 - Child sexual abuse (Court of Wurzburg)
G 27/12/2005 - Driving without insurance and violation of gun legislation/carrying a weapon (Court of Pforzheim)
26/10/2006 - Disobedience (Court of Lagos) Note: this is for the German Jag plates and CB was already in Prison at this point for the Diesel theft)
21/12/2006 - Diesel theft (Court of Portimao) Note: CB had already been in prison for 8.5 months for this crime when the trial eventually took place.
17/11/2010 - Falsification of documents (Court of Hannover)
06/10/2011 - Drug dealing/Trafficking (Court of Niebull)
28/01/2013 - Theft (Court of Hannover)
14/03/2013 - Violation of gun legislation/carrying a weapon (Court of Braunschweig)
15/07/2015 - Attempted theft (Court of Braunschweig)
16/02/2016 - Child sexual abuse and possession of child *advertiser censored* (Court of Braunschweig)
08/06/2016 - Drink driving, driving without insurance and falsification of documents (Court of Helmstedt)
Dec 2019 - Rape of 72-year-old (Court of Braunschweig)
Hope you are right. But also, I can't for the life of me think what that evidence could be, without them charging him ASAP
Well that's the million dollar question.

Last edited:
I could imagine that a lot of pedo-criminals describe, call or even see their victims as "friends", either "girlfriends" or "boyfriends".

So IF a sadistic rapist and pedo-criminal confesses about killing a girlfriend accidentially, it should be taken very seriously IMO!

Especially if that person is "boasting" around of deepthroats gone wrong and destroying evidence, after torturing a little one for days.

IMO all of this goes far beyond just a simple fantasy. It gives a pattern!!!

It's gut-wrenching to think Christian B was the last face Madeleine ever saw. I hope they've got their man.

Meanwhile the Official Find Madeleine page is still showing persons of interest including the man JT said she saw the description of whom doesn't fit CB and you can still donate to the fund .
They didn't take Tannerman down from the website when Redwood ruled him out of being the abductor in 2011 either, back when the Met revealed the man was J Totman in their view. So nothing can be read into the fact they still haven't removed his picture.

Why did Madeleine McCann cops waste years investigating GP sighting?

Meanwhile the Official Find Madeleine page is still showing persons of interest including the man JT said she saw the description of whom doesn't fit CB and you can still donate to the fund .

The objects of the Madeleine Fund were to secure the safe return of MM to her family.
To thoroughly investigate and bring her abductors and those who played a part, to justice.
To provide support to her family, including financial assistance and if the above objects are fulfilled then the fund will help with other similar cases, UK, Portugal or elsewhere.

Apologies in advance. I’ve read a few articles on the case over the years, but I know some of you have a passion for this one that runs particularly deep. Do any of you have a link to a MSM or LE source that summarizes the public evidence against CB? So far, all I’ve been able to gather is that he has a history of violent sexual offenses, allegedly made comments indicative of his being a pedophile, and is believed to have been at the resort the night MM went missing. As a former criminal attorney, I find this interesting and certainly worth investigating, but hardly a slam dunk case. Am I missing something?
BKA have only made some of the evidence public so we don’t know everything they know but they claim to have concrete evidence of MM's death and CB's involvement. What we do know in addition to what you mentioned is that CB allegedly confessed his involvement to a friend in 2017 which is what initiated this investigation. This was after another friend claimed CB had also indicated his involvement to him back in 2008. He also has convictions for child sexual abuse and his phone was pinged in the area on the night in question.
Maddie McCann paedo suspect 'told pal in bar he snatched her on 10th anniversary of disappearance'
Madeleine McCann witness so crucial cops sealed off entire hotel and swept the building for bugs while interviewing him

Would like to repeat the opinion, i made some pages ago.

The prosecutors have got enough evidence for a charge since june of 2020.

The public inquiry has been made to collect info about related crimes to secure a preventive detention after being sentenced.

The public inquiry has been a chance to find MM's remains, but unfortuneatly that didn't work out.

We'll see!;)

CM have another article out today about CB. Behind a paywall so can only summarise and link.

Taken from a witness statement given to the German Public Ministry:
  • CB abused German teen girls that were sent to Portugal to be ‘rehabilitated’. They suffered from behavioural problems and were based in a “home for difficult children” in the municipality of São Bartolomeu de Messines.
  • CB told this friend that the girls were sent to him by a woman who would receive five or six girls at a time from Germany and be paid to look after them by a rehabilitation organisation in Portugal. The friend describes the girls as ‘delinquents’.
  • The friend could not identify the woman to authorities.
  • The home in question has been investigated by authorities and found to belong to an institution in SdM that fits the witness’ claims. This institution was investigated in 2007 essentially for fraud and maltreatment; it was found that they weren’t treating the youths to the standard of care laid out for such set ups.
  • The friend described CB as a ‘psychopath’.
  • He states that he saw violent videos of CB raping women and also minors.
CMTV have a show on tonight at 21.10 about where the investigation is at present.

Suspeito de raptar e matar Maddie abusa de várias crianças alemãs no Algarve

Last edited:
CM have another article out today about CB. Behind a paywall so can only summarise and link.

Taken from a witness statement given to the German Public Ministry:
  • CB abused German teen girls that were sent to Portugal to be ‘rehabilitated’. They suffered from behavioural problems and were based in a “home for difficult children” in the municipality of São Bartolomeu de Messines.
  • CB told this friend that the girls were sent to him by a woman who would receive five or six girls at a time from Germany and be paid to look after them by a rehabilitation organisation in Portugal. The friend describes the girls as ‘delinquents’.
  • The friend could not identify the woman to authorities.
  • The home in question has been investigated by authorities and found to belong to an institution in SdM that fits the witness’ claims. This institution was investigated in 2007 essentially for fraud and maltreatment; it was found that they weren’t treating the youths to the standard of care laid out for such set ups.
  • The friend described CB as a ‘psychopath’.
  • He states that he saw violent videos of CB raping women and also minors.
CMTV have a show on tonight at 21.10 about where the investigation is at present.

Suspeito de raptar e matar Maddie abusa de várias crianças alemãs no Algarve

This makes me think that the 2 Russians/Ukranians LE was looking for was related to the LW/NF/CB incident.
Perhaps they could have been witnesses to what's mentioned above rather than anything to do with MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth