Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling has always been that what set BL off was Gabby's going back into the restaurant to apologize for his behavior on Aug 27. My belief is that he killed her that night.

I think it happened just like you said.

They left the hotel on the 24th and by the 27th it appears he was so mad at her already.

JMO..It must have been hard on Gabby with him constantly mad at her.

It is really too bad that he even flew back. MOO

I have seen posts even here, that claim Brian was a serial killer who just didn't have enough time to kill additional girls. Or that the bodies of his past victims have not been found yet. And that the murder was planned for months. Those voices are magnified across the internet. And extreme, negative voices are the ones most often heard and repeated. He has been described as evil, a monster, etc.

Though I do think Brian killed Gabby, I'm not personally comfortable with such labels. I don't know Brian. I don't know what happened. Gabby loved him. His family loved him. He was remorseful enough that he (most likely) took his own life. Surely there was more to Brian than just being a cold killer.

SBs statement about Gabby was ill advised. And nothing excuses her death. But I do understand the frustration of having a loved one vilified and Gabby portrayed as an angel. Extreme viewpoints are rarely true.
There is a reason we both used qualifiers in our comments; we recognize that we don't have the whole picture on this yet so I certainly agree with your sentiment of not knowing exactly what happened. I have chosen to avoid both GP and BL relationship history and descriptions of personality, we know nothing substantial. I choose to focus on timeline and the fact that GP was strangled to death, a horrible and wrong outcome no matter the events leading up to it.

I think death is the ultimate justice.

Yes, @glamourkitty1922, yes indeed.

Surely even BL thought about all that had happened and all that he did, and all that he lost. He was guilty of murder, and regretting it or not no longer mattered. It was done and couldn't be undone. He knew that the best thing in his life had been smothered out by his own hand.
He made his decision, and instead of waiting for a jury of his peers to judge him, he gave himself the death penalty and executed it.
Done, game over.
JMO.

How Experts Identify Crash Victims Through Dental Records

Teeth are incredibly durable. They can withstand heat up to 1,200 degrees, said Dr. Roy Sonkin, the forensic dentist who is the deputy borough chief forensic odontologist at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in New York City. Consequently, they are often the only identifiable feature left if a victim perishes in a car crash, such as the one that killed actor Paul Walker over the weekend, or if remains are exposed to the elements for a long period of time.

To make an ID, a forensic dentist compares the dental records from when a person was alive to photographs, X -rays and visual observation of a person's teeth after death, Sonkin explained.

"The dentist methodically and meticulously goes over everything, tooth by tooth, comparing each crown, cavity, implant and "virgin" tooth that has been untouched by a dentist," he said. "We often ask the family for photographs of the person smiling for further confirmation."

This comparison is then checked by computer, although some areas of the country still rely exclusively on a pen and paper approach, Sonkin said.

In cases where there is a "presumptive identification" and the person is known, confirming someone's identity is typically straightforward. If someone has been through a traumatic event, the jaw and teeth may be fragmented, making identification more difficult though usually not impossible, Sonkin said.

My feeling has always been that what set BL off was Gabby's going back into the restaurant to apologize for his behavior on Aug 27. My belief is that he killed her that night.
Without a doubt, IMO. Ab.so.lute.ly, every word you said, @LinneaE. Her statement boiled him -- how could she apologize for him? -- the very idea, etc. A rage in him arose, and he did what he did.

There is a huge difference between the statement "the DNA on the skull doesn't match Brian's DNA" and the statement "DNA testing was unable to confirm skull is that of brian's". The first is stating that DNA was collected and the other could be saying no DNA could be collected with the equipment at the lab that was doing the testing. The first is stating that its confirmed the skull isn't Brian's and the other is saying it is inconclusive and more testing is needed.

Until I hear an official statement, I think its best for me to just go along with its inconclusive until an official statement is made,.

Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents
The Laundries’ lawyer insisted that the family are victims as much as anyone else.

“You couldn’t write this Greek tragedy,” Steven Bertolino told The Post Friday. “Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”
Did he miss the fact that BL killed while being "mean?"

Did he miss the fact that Gabby died because she was murdered, murdered violently?

How convenient for him to throw shade on Gabby....

Not gonna lie don't feel good about there seemingly being so little left and them not knowing his cause of death. I doubt Brian had life insurance but I also wonder if they would pay off under these circumstances? Obviously MOO IMHO

Not gonna lie don't feel good about there seemingly being so little left and them not knowing his cause of death. I doubt Brian had life insurance but I also wonder if they would pay off under these circumstances? Obviously MOO IMHO
There may have to be an investigation into that via the ins. co. -- don't know what could be done -- if that is the case. The ins. co. would probably have to pay, IMO.

If a bullet wound had been found, it would surely be suicide, but IMO, we'll probably never know. Alligator, starvation, drowning, bad fall, who knoze?

Thank you for all your frustrating (my word, my opinion!), and time-consuming (my assumption) work on these threads. If you were on salary, I would recommend at least time-and-one-half!
We appreciate what you and all the rest of you do for us, @Tiff23fr.

It is appreciated very much. There are so many unanswered questions.

and on a side note, borndem is your avatar the girl from the movie "The Bad Seed" my Dad loved that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong