Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it does sound like most of the cameras were placed after he went missing. At least the one shown in this tweet by BE was placed after BL went missing.
I wondered if that could be the case too, so before I posted my original comment I found this one from Brian Entin. In case anyone asked :).

North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor says officers thought they saw Brian Laundrie coming home in the Mustang Wednesday Sept. 15 -- but it was actually his mom Roberta. Taylor tells me because Roberta was wearing a baseball cap, officers were confused and made the mistake. Taylor says this is why the police chief said on Thursday Sept 16th that he knew where Brian Laundrie was, when in fact he didn't.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1452752566228500480?s=21
RBBM This begs several questions then.
Does this mean that they were aware that he had left? As in they're watching for him to come home? Why didn't they just watch at the car? Certainly they must have known where the car (and hence Brian) was because they put the 'abandoned vehicle' notice on it, didn't they? Or was that some other arm of LE with whom they were not communicating?

Well I guess they do. But if they did I’d think many of the questions could be answered!
Esp for her mom and dad!
And they very well either may have shared that info with the family, or are keeping it confidential until they are wrapped up with their investigation to the point that they can write a final (albeit obviously partial w/out any type of BL interrogation) report. The phone records are absolutely no concern of the general public except for curiosity. I actually hope LE does keep them confidential, and only if Gabby's family decides that they want to go public with more of her story, they can release the records themselves.

Fort DeSoto is over 70 miles away from North Port, but I'm sure the pistol might be tested for unsolved fatal shootings, seems to me. JMO

And another missing person's body was found in the Grand Teton today. And the body of a United Airlines VP, who has been missing for a year was found in a National Forest in Illinois today.

We all have discussed the side benefit of this tragedy of Gabby and Brian........ more attention to the soooo many unaccounted for people missing across the country..

The Gabby Brian case triggered so many for so many different reasons...... but I really do hope the case simply "magnifies" missing people cases more and more and more............

North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor says officers thought they saw Brian Laundrie coming home in the Mustang Wednesday Sept. 15 -- but it was actually his mom Roberta. Taylor tells me because Roberta was wearing a baseball cap, officers were confused and made the mistake. Taylor says this is why the police chief said on Thursday Sept 16th that he knew where Brian Laundrie was, when in fact he didn't.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1452752566228500480?s=21

I’m sorry, but are they serious?? This was no way, IMO, to save face.

My personal theory is that BL strangled (throttled) Gabby to death the night of the Aug 27. I believe he was ENRAGED after she went back into the restaurant to apologize for his behavior.

We don't know what set him off in the restaurant or why Gabby was crying but I would be willing to bet he started the day in a nasty mood that continued to escalate though the day. If Gabby was crying a restaurant staff member could have asked if she was ok, setting him off even more. Maybe somebody put something non vegetarian on his plate, maybe the food came not enough or fast enough. Maybe he asked for no pickles and they put pickles on his plate. We just don't know. We do know, via the Moab body cam footage, that BL belittled Gabby and her travel blog. That could have been a continuing cause of anger on his part - he may have been upset that she was devoting time to that instead of focusing 100% on him.

From the Moab body cam footage and everything else I have read about him, he strikes(d) me as a very emotionally needy person.
Geee What if he went and argued with the staff at the restaurant because of something that happened to Gabby. Maybe she just apologized for them both!
We don’t know what happened at the restaurant! Wonder why they won’t say?

I wondered if that could be the case too, so before I posted my original comment I found this one from Brian Entin. In case anyone asked :).
Perhaps there were - although these are the same people who said BL's mom has a similar stature to him. I support LE for sure, but these guys seem to have been caught like deer in headlights w/ this case. IMO

Edited to add: Also - if they had cameras before he went missing - then wouldn't they have SEEN him leave?

I really just want to wait until the FBI releases whatever they decide to release. Everything else right now seems unreliable. All IMO

Last edited:
The other day I asked if anyone had seen a written letter from Brian to his parents. I saw it and it just disappeared. I knew I saw it. So here is a link to WFLA and two of their anchors talking about the case. They too heard of the letter now floating around media and the web. They said nothing has been confirmed that this was from BL and many are trying to be confirm one way or the other. It could be BL letter or it could be a fake. We will have to wait and see. So for now it’s being researched.

THe WFLA TV anchors discussing this is at the station and this was copied from the station site but was on you tube….it is WFLA TV and they have had postings on here before.

this is from WFLA. It is anchors Josh Benson and JB Buinno discussing the case.
Monday Oct 25, 2021. It is about 2 hours long. It is interesting. The info on the letter is about half way through the recording.

I'm suspicious... Why would a letter from B to his parents be available to the public? Who would have released this? MOO

ITA, jtfolden. It appears to me that, through repeated examples, his standard operating procedure when faced with challenges beyond his ability ~ he runs. As evidenced by the Moab incident: 'distance myself', 'take a breather', 'started to walk away' ~ All used explaining the violence as he had her keys and van and wanted to 'walk away.' It's possible that the still confusing trip back to FL, purportedly to empty a storage locker, also supports this 'flight' behavior. Some here on WS have speculated that CaL might have even stopped herself in mid-sentence before confirming the same notion, ". . . that's what he does when . . ."
So, yes, I believe his ingrained reaction to problems is to run. And one runs for self-preservation. That's why I thought suicide was unlikely.
But now with the id of his body, I'm not as sure. Perhaps he had time to realize the hopelessness of escape and decided to make his final and ultimate flight. Just my mooings. :confused:

I think he was running to avoid the reality of what he'd done. When he was picked up twice hitchhiking, I don't think his stories were to form an alibi as much as he was perhaps in denial about what had happened. She wasn't dead, she was working on her vlog, etc... That and running from the scene didn't help. Perhaps, in his mind, there was only one way to permanently get away from it...

Geee What if he went and argued with the staff at the restaurant because of something that happened to Gabby. Maybe she just apologized for them both!
We don’t know what happened at the restaurant! Wonder why they won’t say?

I stated very clearly that we don't know what happened at the restaurant. The restaurant was probably asked by the FBI not to discuss it. If BL had been captured alive and there was a trial they would not have wanted anything the staff had to say in court tainted by media interviews.

I know there's a lot of people who believe GP died on Aug 27, but now that we know cause of death was strangulation, the idea that BL hiked up to Colter Bay with a tarp to "clean up" just doesn't seem to fit logically anymore. What would BL (a guy who admitted to LE that he regularly tracked dirt into the van) have been so intent upon "cleaning up" if there wasn't blood or gunpowder residue involved? And why--if he just freaked out and took off on foot--would he bring the tarp along? And why hang around the area (with the van just yards from GP's body) for two more days? I know folks on here have said that they think the hitchhiking stories were to establish alibis, but if anything, those stories helped narrow down exactly where the van--and GP's remains--were located. He also didn't bother to try to establish any alibis during the trip back or once he arrived in FL, so his reversal from chatty guy who talks about his gf to going completely silent obviously came sometime after being dropped off in Spread Creek on the 29th.

I still think the date that makes more sense is Aug 29 -- that after he gets back from hiking/hitchhiking that GP confronts him about deserting her (possibly without a phone or keys) for the day when she was supposed to be meeting up with a friend. He kills her, he freaks out, shoves everything in the van, and doesn't stop driving until he gets home.

MOO
She was supposed to call her friend Rose on the 29th because it was Rose's birthday. They were going to make plans to meet at a later date, not the 29th. Rose never received the call. jmo

I do not think that Roberta and BL are built alike.
NPPD made a costly assumption.
JT says they thought it was BL because wtte - Who brings home the car their missing son drove away in?
Well, now we know.
The Ls did that, apparently because there was a warning ticket on the car that it would be towed away if not removed.

This case just gets weirder and weirder!
jmho

Is anyone buying this? Did they really NOT pay attention?
Baldhead, slim build, a beard vs a mom, with hair and no beard.
I doubt she dressed up as him, and shaved her head.
What's happening here?

Not to mention why wasn't she followed? if they thought she was Brian? or did they miss her leaving and only see her when she returned? <modsnip>

MOOIMHO
I would venture a guess ChL and RL left together in the truck in order to retrieve the mustang. ChL then returned in the truck and RL in the mustang. jmo

I know there's a lot of people who believe GP died on Aug 27, but now that we know cause of death was strangulation, the idea that BL hiked up to Colter Bay with a tarp to "clean up" just doesn't seem to fit logically anymore. What would BL (a guy who admitted to LE that he regularly tracked dirt into the van) have been so intent upon "cleaning up" if there wasn't blood or gunpowder residue involved? And why--if he just freaked out and took off on foot--would he bring the tarp along? And why hang around the area (with the van just yards from GP's body) for two more days? I know folks on here have said that they think the hitchhiking stories were to establish alibis, but if anything, those stories helped narrow down exactly where the van--and GP's remains--were located. He also didn't bother to try to establish any alibis during the trip back or once he arrived in FL, so his reversal from chatty guy who talks about his gf to going completely silent obviously came sometime after being dropped off in Spread Creek on the 29th.

I still think the date that makes more sense is Aug 29 -- that after he gets back from hiking/hitchhiking that GP confronts him about deserting her (possibly without a phone or keys) for the day when she was supposed to be meeting up with a friend. He kills her, he freaks out, shoves everything in the van, and doesn't stop driving until he gets home.

MOO

I agree

Brian Laundrie Mistaken for Mom, Not Watched Carefully, Police Admit

Here is why the police said they knew where Brian was when it turned out they didn't.

During a recent interview with WINK News in Florida, North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said the department watched Laundrie leave his home on September 13 and then believed he returned home in his Ford Mustang on September 15.

However, the North Port Police Department later learned that the person in the vehicle was Brian's mother, Roberta Laundrie.

"I believe it was it was his mom who was wearing a baseball cap," Taylor told the local news station. "They had returned from the park with that Mustang. So who does that? Right? Like, if you think your son's missing since Tuesday, you're going to bring his car back to the home.

So it didn't make sense that anyone would do that if he wasn't there. So the individual getting out with a baseball cap we thought was Brian."

"They're kind of built similarly," Taylor added in regard to Brian and his mother.

A day after officials with the North Port Police Department believed Laundrie returned home, they held a press conference where Chief Todd Garrison said that "All I'm going to say is we know where Brian Laundrie is at," believing that he was still at his home in North Port.

While Bertolino previously told the FBI that Laundrie did not return home from his hike, an official missing persons report was not filed with the North Port Police Department until Friday, September 17.

"When the family reported him on Friday. That was certainly news to us that they had not seen him," Taylor said. "We thought that we'd seen Brian initially come back into that home on that Wednesday...No case is perfect

Last edited:
Remember though that there was no warrant for BL's arrest at this time, nor had Gabby's body been found. So I'm not surprised there would not have been 24/7 surveillance at that time.

I would agree except perhaps the NPPD shouldn't have been so adamant they thought Brian was home? By their own admission they were watching the house for those 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave