Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes absolutely, I agree 100%.

It’s really sad to think this was the last time anyone else saw her alive. Crying.

RIP Gabby.

jmo
We technically don't know this was the last reported siting of Gabby. It's a report from a TikToker that witnessed an event that day. FBI may have sitings after that. But they are telling us nothing, so we just don't know. imo

Most business owners/managers discourage staff from calling the police. They do NOT want incident reports at their establishment. Too many you can lose your liquor license. At least in WA State they will remove your license if too many calls are made. Not sure if WY is as uptight.
WY is not that uptight, or at least the parts I've been in. I know several businesses that encourage that when needed

We technically don't know this was the last reported siting of Gabby. It's a report from a TikToker that witnessed an event that day. FBI may have sitings after that. But they are telling us nothing, so we just don't know. imo
Good point. The restaurant did confirm they were there I believe. There is also that questionable image from the JH town square 8/28 live cam that shows two people with similar build/look crossing the street. Will be interesting if FBI releases more about those last days.

This sounds like one of those auto translations of an article from China. I run into that laundromat thing often when I see those articles. Moo

eta- or not? I just read the link. Weird

I believe your first instinct is correct — I don’t believe that is a legit news outlet. Even the “About Us” page is a sloppy disaster.

There is SO MUCH fake stuff out there these days! Poor spelling and grammar often offer the first clues, and a Google search that fails to verify their authenticity clinches it for me.

The problem I have with the alibi theory is that the 2 people he told were people who picked him up hitchhiking. Where would he ever find those people again to testify for him? Remember most homicide cases don’t get this type of publicity, he would have had no way of knowing this would go viral and random people would come forward with tips. I would think that if he was going about setting up an alibi he would have talked to workers at a shop or a restaurant or gas station or someplace he would be able to tell police -go ask them, they’ll tell you I was there. MOO

If he wanted an alibi all he had to do was get a photo of their license plate and vehicle, and of them, and show up on surveillance camera at any gas station or rest stop.

Simple photos of the specific area on his phone would document the time and date.

Without a phone he would have had to write down information describing the vehicle, especially the license plate, and any information he could get from the drivers/passengers of their identities.

Easy to do. And still he would be on a security camera somewhere.

Last edited:
It sounds like they were reaching for any excuse. His mother isn't built anything like BL. That is beyond ridiculous for LE to suggest otherwise.
IMO LE blew it, they know they blew it and that's the best excuse they could come up with.
They underestimated BL's ability to leave mom and dad behind and go on the lam.
They most likely never thought BL would do that because, if he was going to run from LE, he would have taken off from the crime scene and never returned to Florida. Especially with the victim's van and credit card(s)!

LE didn't think he had it in him to take off and leave the comfort and protection of home and family. So they snoozed on him and it came back to bite them in the ar$e. IMO.
Then they go on interviews and admit they messed up and yet don't admit that what they did was wrong.

They keep making themselves look awful IMO

Brian seems to have such huge hands.. he seems to have loved his hands, he waves them about, he uses them to make a point, he shunts them from side to side, , up and down, his hands are such a large part of his presentation.. ..

Difficult to see once you know what he did with those hands.

In the light of Brian's body being found, and it's state of decomposition.. it brings me back to Cassie, who said Brian was fine at the DeSoto camp.. just fine, happy, interacting with the nephews...

I realise that he knows at that camp episode that he is a killer. He manages to compartmentalise it , so that there's no indication of this horror going on behind Brian's eyes... . what happened to change that?

Yep -- "delete" doesn't mean "erase" as most of us know.
But they never found his phone right? They only have the clean phone with nothing on it? And, I haven't seen anything about the parents phones. If they were in communication with Brian from the 27th on by text, I imagine they would have ditched their phones too and would have gotten new ones from a different provider. It would be good to know this piece of the puzzle. Speculation. MOO

But they never found his phone right? They only have the clean phone with nothing on it? And, I haven't seen anything about the parents phones. If they were in communication with Brian from the 27th on by text, I imagine they would have ditched their phones too and would have gotten new ones from a different provider. Speculation. MOO
That would help exactly zero. The provider would still have records of your texts from the old accounts. Getting rid of your physical phone doesn't delete the record of the provider. jmo

Going to bed but just sharing this very informative video w a forensic anthropologist, for those interested in that aspect. She mentions here that in the recent FL condition the body could be skeletonized in a week, which was something some of us were discussing a few days back:

nite!

WY is not that uptight, or at least the parts I've been in. I know several businesses that encourage that when needed

I agree. Violence can escalate quickly and a business owner or manager in charge has a responsibility to keep patrons safe within the best of their ability.
If I am ever at a business establishment and they allow someone to behave in a way that could potentially put patrons in harms way or make patrons feel unsafe and those in charge did not notify LE, I would never return to that establishment again and I would tell everyone I know not to go there as well. IMO.

But they never found his phone right? They only have the clean phone with nothing on it? And, I haven't seen anything about the parents phones. If they were in communication with Brian from the 27th on by text, I imagine they would have ditched their phones too and would have gotten new ones from a different provider. It would be good to know this piece of the puzzle. Speculation. MOO
Didn't the parents go to a phone store before they went to search for BL? Did they get more new phones perhaps?
Do we know?

Brian seems to have such huge hands.. he seems to have loved his hands, he waves them about, he uses them to make a point, he shunts them from side to side, , up and down, his hands are such a large part of his presentation.. ..

Difficult to see once you know what he did with those hands.

In the light of Brian's body being found, and it's state of decomposition.. it brings me back to Cassie, who said Brian was fine at the DeSoto camp.. just fine, happy, interacting with the nephews...

I realise that he knows at that camp episode that he is a killer. He manages to compartmentalise it , so that there's no indication of this horror going on behind Brian's eyes... . what happened to change that?

Does anyone think that BL could still be alive somehow? Just a theory given other strange behaviors from the parents and others.
Speculation
MOO

Fair enough. I still think if the incident were so heated that more people would have remembered. And maybe they did, we just haven't heard from them for whatever reason.

ETA: also, "screaming" seems subjective to me in this instance.
The incident was memorable enough for them to remember weeks later when it was reported that Gabby was missing. And we don't know how many others saw it - maybe quite a few people. As far a "screaming" goes, it could just mean he was raising his voice and getting in the faces of the restaurant staff. Pretty memorable. I have never seen anyone acting that way in a restaurant. If I had, I would probably remember it too. I would probably describe it as "flipping out." JMOO

BL was recognised as RL just because of the baseball cap because the person monitoring it did not expect to see a woman with a baseball cap on.

Was it at night?
Not sure we know if it was at night or not. All i have seen is what has been stated so far in MSM. Nothing definitive yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305