AZ AZ - Phoenix, Hispmale, UP1964/907UMAZ, 20-30, "Jorge", tattoos-"Rosario, Glenda, Lupe, D", Oct'99

Wow, that’s a great find! He is baby faced in his teenage photo but I think it’s a potential match. All the details just about fit.

I will say he doesn’t really look like the reconstructed PM photo though

In case he told the truth and his name was indeed Jorge and from Honduras: I did send a question through a personal message to the founder of this organisation. I asked if there is some kind of data base or a list of missing migrants from Honduras and I notified her about this case. Maybe there is one of the family members still looking out for him. I'm wishing hard we can give this man his name back.

https://www.cofamiprohonduras.org/

This could very well be a match. I will send this to Detective Somershoe. Thank you!

Please do @Grungster, I would very much appreciate that. @squish I agree about the "babyface" thing. His brother though was a bit older and he has a much heavier chin, maybe Jorge got that a bit more when he grew older.....

The story doesn't sit right with me and raises a lot of questions.
  • So Jorge was visiting? staying? with people on the address 6699-6601 (this are a couple of houses on a row) W Chickasaw St in Phoenix, Arizona. I think he was staying with them. If you are visiting somebody it would be very strange you leave your visitor.
  • I find it strange that they only knew him by the name "Jorge" (if this is true), but let him stay in their house and even trusted him enough to leave the house for a longer period (approx. a whole night and a day) of time. There must be more to this story.
  • Did Jorge work for them somehow and in return they let him stay? Was he house sitting, was he guarding the house or something in it?
  • Where did the "friends" know him from, where did they first met him and how long ago? Did they know his background or (gang?)associates and exchanged only a name (a moniker) on a need to know bases. A "your friend is my friend" thing?
  • What kind of people were they? Would there be a reason, them being a target?
  • Was there something of value in the house and a robber didn't expected somebody in the house? Wrong place, wrong time situation? Was something stolen?
  • Based on the livor mortis/postmortem lividity in his face, LE must have an idea at what time he approx. died?
  • Seeing the neighborhood (first Google, map picture is from 2008, so I don't know how it was in 1999) you would expect security measures, CCTV, camera's f.i. Especially when you are doing illegal things. Was somebody/something seen?
I actually no longer believe that Chickasaw Street was where he died. It appears that some NamUs profiles in Arizona have that same address listed as the location of death. All I know is that the home was the Estrella Village area.

I actually no longer believe that Chickasaw Street was where he died. It appears that some NamUs profiles in Arizona have that same address listed as the location of death. All I know is that the home was the Estrella Village area.

That happens a lot with the locations mentioned in Namus....a lot of times its a default place on the map, a broad location so to say.

@Bit of hope I'm shaking right now and I think could cry. I think Jorge Funes is our John Doe. I compared the post mortem photo with Jorge and the eyebrows are IDENTICAL. I haven't had a chance to email Detective Somershoe but I am right now.

@Bit of hope I'm shaking right now and I think could cry. I think Jorge Funes is our John Doe. I compared the post mortem photo with Jorge and the eyebrows are IDENTICAL. I haven't had a chance to email Detective Somershoe but I am right now.

Hi @Grungster Did you had the time to call Jorge in? Any news?

I am praying he is a match, though I think his nose maybe be different. The MP has a more upturned nose. But maybe that changed from positioning postmortem?

I am praying he is a match, though I think his nose maybe be different. The MP has a more upturned nose. But maybe that changed from positioning postmortem?
He was lying on the floor for almost a day and he was in rigor mortis, so that could have changed his nose.

I'm hoping he is a match too. Even if he isn't, searching and thinking about unidentified and missing persons will send positive energy to the universe. About the nose. Long time websleuther Carl Koppelman (the one who is making this wonderful recons) once told me that when there is no more blood flowing through the nose, it will bend down (relatively). Also 'Jorge' was found laying faced down. That might have changed the shape of his nose also. Maybe all of this is wishful thinking and you are right. Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping he is a match too. Even if he isn't, searching and thinking about unidentified and missing persons will send positive energy to the universe. About the nose. Long time websleuther Carl Koppelman (the one who is making this wonderful recons) once told me that when there is no more blood flowing through the nose, it will bend down (relatively). Also 'Jorge' was found laying faced down. That might have changed the shape of his nose also. Maybe all of this is wishful thinking and you are right. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed!

Jorge was found dead 22 years ago today. I hope wherever he is that he is at peace (he had some struggles that I will not discuss that is indicated in the autopsy report) and that he knows that people care to give him his name back and bring his family closure. Rest easy buddy.

Jorge was found dead 22 years ago today. I hope wherever he is that he is at peace (he had some struggles that I will not discuss that is indicated in the autopsy report) and that he knows that people care to give him his name back and bring his family closure. Rest easy buddy.

No news from the detective?

No news from the detective?
He has a lot of incoming cases every day and PPD Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit only consists of him and three other people, from what I know. I know though that he takes things VERY seriously and he investigates every single lead he gets. Any possible match I send him usually comes back with a response. He checked CODIS and was able to rule out one individual who has been mentioned earlier in this thread. Right now, he has not responded and he usually has responded informing me that a missing person has been ruled out. It doesn't seem right now that Jorge Funes has been ruled out, but he may be attempting to get a DNA sample from the family to confirm.

I know someone named Jorge that is from Honduras. He goes by either the latino pronoucation 'hor-hey' or the American pronouncation 'george'.

I wonder if his friend's didn't notice because he might have been in bed in a shut room. Maybe thought he was sleeping. Went to investigate when it has been a while. If this is the case he could have had a undiagnosed heart condition and died in his sleep.
Turns out you were right about a heart condition - he had mild atherosclerosis.

The story doesn't sit right with me and raises a lot of questions.
  • So Jorge was visiting? staying? with people on the address 6699-6601 (this are a couple of houses on a row) W Chickasaw St in Phoenix, Arizona. I think he was staying with them. If you are visiting somebody it would be very strange you leave your visitor.
  • I find it strange that they only knew him by the name "Jorge" (if this is true), but let him stay in their house and even trusted him enough to leave the house for a longer period (approx. a whole night and a day) of time. There must be more to this story.
  • Did Jorge work for them somehow and in return they let him stay? Was he house sitting, was he guarding the house or something in it?
  • Where did the "friends" know him from, where did they first met him and how long ago? Did they know his background or (gang?)associates and exchanged only a name (a moniker) on a need to know bases. A "your friend is my friend" thing?
  • What kind of people were they? Would there be a reason, them being a target?
  • Was there something of value in the house and a robber didn't expected somebody in the house? Wrong place, wrong time situation? Was something stolen?
  • Based on the livor mortis/postmortem lividity in his face, LE must have an idea at what time he approx. died?
  • Seeing the neighborhood (first Google, map picture is from 2008, so I don't know how it was in 1999) you would expect security measures, CCTV, camera's f.i. Especially when you are doing illegal things. Was somebody/something seen?

It's been over a month but I'll answer as much as I can.
  • So Jorge was visiting? staying? with people on the address 6699-6601 (this are a couple of houses on a row) W Chickasaw St in Phoenix, Arizona. I think he was staying with them. If you are visiting somebody it would be very strange you leave your visitor. I believe the house was his residence at the time - sort of like a roommate situation. I don't think there was any lease agreement between anyone and that certainly makes sense considering the 'illegal activity' I discussed.
  • I find it strange that they only knew him by the name "Jorge" (if this is true), but let him stay in their house and even trusted him enough to leave the house for a longer period (approx. a whole night and a day) of time. There must be more to this story. If Jorge and/or his friends were involved in a gang as theorized, Jorge could have been a nickname. People who are associated with gangs often use a nickname without getting attention from anyone. In this case, it seems that his friends were the ones who called him Jorge, not Jorge himself.
  • Did Jorge work for them somehow and in return they let him stay? Was he house sitting, was he guarding the house or something in it? Could be - that actually makes perfect sense. Jorge was apparently the only one in the house when he was killed.
  • Where did the "friends" know him from, where did they first met him and how long ago? Did they know his background or (gang?)associates and exchanged only a name (a moniker) on a need to know bases. A "your friend is my friend" thing? I don't know how they met him. I have some ideas but they all revolve around them meeting him and driving him to the house.
  • What kind of people were they? Would there be a reason, them being a target? Well, they must have been involved with whoever went to the house and killed him, who seems to be a dangerous person to associate with.
  • Was there something of value in the house and a robber didn't expected somebody in the house? Wrong place, wrong time situation? Was something stolen? I have some ideas about that but I won't share them.
  • Based on the livor mortis/postmortem lividity in his face, LE must have an idea at what time he approx. died? He died sometime between 8:30 p.m. on October 25 and 5:20 p.m. on October 26 when he was found.
  • Seeing the neighborhood (first Google, map picture is from 2008, so I don't know how it was in 1999) you would expect security measures, CCTV, camera's f.i. Especially when you are doing illegal things. Was somebody/something seen? I wish I had the answer to that, but it seems to me that no one could tell something horrible had happened...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back