Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many errors in this case.
If we find out that only a tooth or teeth were found at the Reserve will that be enough to believe he is deceased? Because if it's just one tooth or part of a tooth, not attached to a jawbone or skull...I will have so many new questions.
ME TOO!!! But they did say they found bones also!!??

Does Brian Laundrie’s family deserve privacy?

They appealed for privacy so that they could mourn the death of their son privately.
But it is by no means clear that they will get their wish.

In the United States and abroad, we know much more and have thought more deeply about the grief and needs of families of murder victims than of the families of people, like Brian Laundrie, who are suspected of committing murder. What do they need? What do we owe them?

However, if Laundrie’s family were to turn to the law for help in vindicating their desire to be let alone, they would find little solace. There is no doubt that in the eyes of the law that Brian Laundrie is a public figure.

In a line of cases involving libel claims brought against newspapers, the United States Supreme Court consistently has said that a person becomes a public figure when they take on roles of special prominence in society or, as in Laundrie’s case, attain “general fame or notoriety in the community.” Considering the near-24-hour coverage of Petito’s and then Laundrie’s disappearance and deaths, there’s little doubt that both of them have attained such status. Additionally, now that they are dead, they have even fewer legal rights to privacy than they did before.

<modsnip - to meet 10% copyright>

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like they did, according to this article:

"North Port PD had cameras set up around the Laundrie family home but that strategy was not successful. Those who were watching the Laundrie house saw Brian leave in his grey Mustang. They then thought they saw him return days later, but they had mixed up Brian and his mom.

Taylor says North Port police began tracking Brian after his fiance’s, Gabby Petito, family reported her missing in the State of New York. They reported her missing on Saturday, September 11.

Police then watched him leave in his Mustang on Monday, September 13 and he returned on Wednesday, September 15."

North Port police admit to mistakes in Brian Laundrie investigation
Thank you. BBM - they didn't do that well did they?

I just had the awful thought that the L’s are going to sue NPPD for Brian’s wrongful death. Could them saying thing they knew exactly where he was give the L’s any cause?

That's a key point here that a lot of folks are missing, I think. The Laundries have been roasted for not reporting their son missing. But the NPPD said repeatedly they knew where he was. Why would the Laundries not believe that? The Laundries did not know where their son was. But NPPD said they did and even stated they knew "exactly" where Brian Laundry was. So as far as the Laundries knew, based on information provided by NPPD, Brian was not, in fact, missing.

When the Laundries eventually found out that Brian was actually missing, somebody (we are not told who) immediately reported him missing.

LE found the bones. Maybe use the reward money to buy better equipment and training. jmo

usually rewards are given for information leading to an arrest or capture. Its expected that LE would make the capture/arrest and not the person who provided the information. It was teh laundries who lead LE to the scene where BL was found. I think it would go against the intent of a reward to exclude family members since they would be most likely to know something to report to LE. But I don't really spend much time reading the fine print of reward notices.

@WFLAJB

Laundrie Family Attorney Steve Bertolino offered this response to Josh Taylor of
@NorthPortPolice
. Taylor told
@WFLA
the #BrianLaundrie #RobertaLaundrie mix-up was a “direct result of a lack of cooperation from the family early on in this investigation.” http://bit.ly/3vK8a4d

@annette_tv

From
#BrianLaundrie's attorney, Mr. Bertolino: "Everyone makes mistakes. But Brian and Roberta are not “built” the same...This is a tragedy for two families and any mistakes made by anyone or any entity involved should be acknowledged and used to train or educate others..."
@SNNTV
It was a tragedy for one family, and a situation that could have been prevented by another family.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a "captured alive" condition for eligibility for the reward. Not because everybody thought BL would kill himself (if he did) but advertising a "wanted dead or alive" reward could create incredible risk for lots of people including lookalikes.
JMO

I don't read the fine print of reward posters so I am not sure. I'd be pretty ticked off if I were some shady dude doing shady stuff and became aware of a suspect hiding somewhere, told the police and the the suspect died in a gun fight and I was told, nope sorry no reward for you. And now my career as a get away driver or 2nd story man was over because I snitched to the cops.

Well maybe the cameras were more to see if Gabby entered or exited the house! I don’t think they were as concerned with Brian they knew he was there!

just a thought!

Do you think LE thought Gabby was hiding out the house (before her body was discovered)? Would LE take that much time to do that?

Hi guys, I am new here :). I saw something that the lawyer said in an interview with the New York Post, that made me think he is giving more away than he meant to:

Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”"
Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents

To me, that indicates that Bertolino (and the Laundries) all know what Brian's explanation for how Gabby died is and think it somehow lessens the gravity of what happened as regarding Brian's guilt. So are they going to do the right thing and share that information with the Pettito family?

Exactly! I picked that up too, that Brian claimed self-defense because she was an "angel" and went "crazy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07