TX - Kendrick Lee, 8, murdered, 3 sibs abandoned, Houston, 20 Oct 2021 *ARRESTS*

I think they probably have some reason to let them go.

Agreed. I think it was a shattered family situation, we don't even know if the children were brothers. My mom was a social worker and saw horror stories. She told me it was not uncommon for able-bodied adults to gloam unto elderly persons and children to get the benefits associated with them.

IMO, someone at some point someone got the children together - somehow - and obtained a Sec 8 and other assistance. This person probably had custody. Adults move in and out of the apt as needed to avoid homelessness. The final one - the "mother" got out when she found a boyfriend and she left children that may not even be hers. Just a theory, not saying it occurred.

I wonder about the portable benefits - food stamps, child payments, etc., she may have taken them with her. At least some fraud occurred and the "mother" most likely knew about the dead kid.

Unreported deaths of persons on assistance are not uncommon.

Even if the mother didn't have custody of the children, the fact that she gave the oldest a cell phone and her contact number and would drop by with food "now and then" shows she was the party responsible for them. Why not arrest her on child neglect/abuse if nothing else? What about the skeleton? I sorta get the neighbor thinking there was only one child in there and not wanting him to cut her off so she didn't pry. Why didn't anyone call the police for the smell when management did nothing? So many questions.

Yes, the Daily Mail reported:

Death of boy, 9, whose body was found in Houston's House of Horrors is ruled a HOMICIDE: Autopsy finds victim suffered multiple blunt force injuries before he was left to rot for a YEAR in apartment with his three starving brothers

Home | Daily Mail Online

so - homicide
multiple blunt force injuries evident

I have only one question- why isn't the mother in custody and facing charges? At the very least, neglect, until they can determine who is responsible for the child's death? This case is just a big ole hot messy mess and I just don't get it. Like, none of it.

Because when they questioned and released mom and the boyfriend, what stopped them from hitting the road right after release, never to be seen again???? By the time LE gets their collective heads out of their hind ends this mother will be in the wind, never to be seen again. It's not like care or concern for her children is keeping her here. And if she only wanted to keep getting benefits thanks to them, well that ship has sailed. There is NOTHING to keep her her to face charges even if LE finally decides to lay some on her.

I am disgusted.

"Both neighbors said they never called authorities because they didn't understand the magnitude of the situation. They said the 15-year-old kept to himself and was quiet and didn't answer many questions."

Kids in Harris Co. apartment relied on neighbors for food, while mom lived minutes away
This is unbelievable. The mother lived somewhere else, the 7 y/o has facial fractures, and the 15 y/o is paranoid of being poisoned so only accepted packaged food? WTH. Those poor children.

what concerns me most, and I will tread very very lightly here, because, minors . . .

The articles are unclear if anyone but the children were in the home the last few months. Some articles mention obvious injuries on the still living minors in that apartment. If that is so, who inflicted them? If the mom and bf abandoned them there six or so months ago, how are visible injuries on the children? a) they injured themselves accidently or b) one or more injured one another.

again, not casting aspersions, just very confused about almost every single aspect of this bizarre case.

the 15 year old's reported fear of poisoning has me wondering if a) that has been a threat in the past or b) if there is some sort of mental health issue that would make him think people want to harm him (aside from his own mom that is)

okay, I just can't let this go. One MORE question I have

the 15 year old stated that the skeletal remains were those of his 9 year old brother. the other children are 10 and 7. So is the deceased child the living 10 year old's twin?

okay, I just can't let this go. One MORE question I have

the 15 year old stated that the skeletal remains were those of his 9 year old brother. the other children are 10 and 7. So is the deceased child the living 10 year old's twin?

I agree--I can't stop thinking about these kids! I'd think they were half/step siblings? But who knows at this point.

what concerns me most, and I will tread very very lightly here, because, minors . . .

The articles are unclear if anyone but the children were in the home the last few months. Some articles mention obvious injuries on the still living minors in that apartment. If that is so, who inflicted them? If the mom and bf abandoned them there six or so months ago, how are visible injuries on the children? a) they injured themselves accidently or b) one or more injured one another.

again, not casting aspersions, just very confused about almost every single aspect of this bizarre case.

the 15 year old's reported fear of poisoning has me wondering if a) that has been a threat in the past or b) if there is some sort of mental health issue that would make him think people want to harm him (aside from his own mom that is)

I wouldn’t be surprised if the children physically fought. Kids who are not living in the midst of extreme trauma fight - that’s why they need adult supervision. To be clear: I’m not suggesting that a sibling is responsible for the death - and I know you aren’t either. Plus, kids get all kinds of bruises and abrasions from daily life - I’d expect the same for kids who don’t have adult supervision. Climbing on counters, trying to open a can of food, etc.

I wonder about the 15yr old, too. If he had some kind of pre-abandonment mental health concerns, it doesn’t sound like he was getting proper care (RX, therapy, etc). I believe certain vitamin deficiencies can cause paranoia as well. These nutrient deficiencies are linked to mental ill health

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back