Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how many teeth are needed to make a positive match for an ID, and found this:
bbm
-------------------------
To identify a person from his or her teeth, a forensic dentist must have a dental record or records from the deceased person's dentist. In the case of an incident involving multiple deaths, forensic dentists receive a list of possible individuals and compare available records with the teeth and find a match. Examining the teeth of an intact corpse often requires working in a morgue to expose the jaws surgically. Even if only a few teeth are available, a forensic dentist can still make a positive identification. The best comparisons come from X-rays, but even if those aren't available, notations on the tooth chart can tell the dentist if the teeth are the same.
------------------------

Source:
How Forensic Dentistry Works

I've wondered myself if the MP incident was due to overuse of wifi and nothing to do with food, service or the bill. Overstaying their welcome, so to speak. jmo

No eating establishment wants customers taking up space if they're not ordering food and/or beverages. I don't know how long GP and BL were in Merry Piglets and whether or not they ordered food/drinks, but I read somewhere that this restaurant is very busy during tourist season. Maybe they had something to eat or drink but had finished their meal, and other patrons were waiting to be seated. I was actually very surprised that they were allowed to sit in a coffee shop for six hours to use WiFi!

Last edited:
I was hoping to get an answer from a professional in the field. :)
I don't even know if the question can be answered because we don't know what's meant by "partial skull". It might be a small piece missing or it might be a small piece they found. I wondered how much of the jaw and dental area could be missing and still be able to make a confident id.

I had thought it was established it was about 1/3rd of the lower left jaw.... pretty sure they discuss it extensively here, I watched it live this afternoon

Last edited:
Opinion | Where does the Gabby Petito investigation go from here?

Now that Laundrie’s remains have been located, the unanswered questions abound: Did Laundrie die by suicide out of guilt or out of the fear of being arrested and charged with murder in Petito’s death, or did some unknown perpetrator kill him? Did an animal, like an alligator, attack Laundrie in the reserve, resulting in his death? Did Laundrie die from natural causes, such as exposure or hunger?

There are also the questions about what Laundrie’s family truly knew about his whereabouts leading up to his disappearance on Sept. 13. Why were his parents able to so quickly locate his remains after authorities spent weeks searching for him? The notebook found near Laundrie’s remains could hold the key to answering several of these questions, so we will have to wait and see what the police release to the public about its contents, if they are salvageable.

The Laundries’ family attorney claims that the family notified the FBI of his failure to return home the day he left for his hike, but it seems incredible that the police would get something as critical as that date wrong.

More important, his family has yet to advise the police why they, as well as Laundrie, refused to cooperate with authorities since his return to Florida (without Petito), even though they knew the police urgently needed to learn more about Petito’s disappearance. It is also odd that Laundrie would leave his wallet and his cellphone behind when he went for his hike, unless perhaps he did not want his location to be tracked by way of his cellphone.

So where does the investigation into the death of Petito go now? Does it stop, or can it keep on going? And if it keeps going, what are the prospects of any kind of satisfactory end that would give closure to both of the families?

Interestingly, and still oddly without further explanation or any details, the Laundrie family’s attorney has told the media that his clients have been cooperating with the FBI “since day one” of Laundrie’s disappearance but that they “had absolutely nothing to say” about Petito. The attorney has further gone on record saying, in response to being asked whether Laundrie told his parents anything about Petito before he went on his hike: “Not something I can comment on right now. I’d like to just leave it at that.”

No eating establishment wants customers taking up space if they're not ordering food and/or beverages. I don't know how long GP and BL were in Merry Piglets and whether or not they ordered food/drinks, but I read somewhere that this restaurant is very busy during tourist season. Maybe they had something to eat or drink but had finished their meal, and other patrons were waiting to be seated. I was actually very surprised that they were allowed to sit in a coffee shop for six hours to use WiFi!

Someone posted that the restaurant did not have WiFi (I believe on the previous page of this thread). IMO GP and BL could have had very limited money after traveling for a while and perhaps something as simple as an overcharge for a meal could have set BL off. I remember reading that the witness said it seemed to be regarding their receipt. Though people with anger issues are capable of getting angry over what others would consider to be nothing. IMO.

Police deny new rumours about DNA of discovered remains of Brian Laundrie - latest

LIVE Updates

Police say ‘very good possibility’ Brian Laundrie was dead when they misidentified mother

Petition asks Governor Ron DeSantis to investigate North Port police

Laundrie family lawyer says cause of death report could take three weeks

Opinion: Does Brian Laundrie’s family deserve privacy?

North Port police confirm no DNA matching has been done on Brian Laundrie’s remains, but confirm dental record match

Opinion | Where does the Gabby Petito investigation go from here?

Now that Laundrie’s remains have been located, the unanswered questions abound: Did Laundrie die by suicide out of guilt or out of the fear of being arrested and charged with murder in Petito’s death, or did some unknown perpetrator kill him? Did an animal, like an alligator, attack Laundrie in the reserve, resulting in his death? Did Laundrie die from natural causes, such as exposure or hunger?
Still perplexed as to why BL’s skull was in pieces. We may never know.

its in this video, I'm searching for the time they mentioned this

Starts 14:03 part of the mandible

I have not watched that video yet. Is the partial mandible all they found? Or am i misreading ?

WFLA News | No DNA Analysis yet on Brian Laundrie Remains

(starts at 11:00 mark)
Thanks for sharing this! I think they did a very good job of explaining this for non-experts (to be clear: I am one of those non-experts; so I mean, at the very least, they explained this well to me).

It seems LE may have so little of BL's remains, physically, that DNA extraction might ultimately destroy some valuable forensic materials that may be important in terms of telling a timeline/sequence of events (MOO).

So, in terms of order of operations, in this case, it appears the 1st step was dental identification of BL; 2nd step--currently occurring--is anthro analysis (for any pre- & post-mortem injuries to skull/body--whether it may be high velocity, blunt force, predator, or scavenger injury--or any combination thereof, etc.) & then, 3. DNA extraction & identification against immediate family members--perhaps from a tooth.

//

I hope BL's cause of death can be determined in short order, & closes the door on a number of questions firmly, & moves us forward--toward answers & accountability around the absolutely needless murder of Gabby Petito.

~

Please note my caveat that will now be my header/footer to all posts, going forward: These are *my opinions & my amateur speculation only.* I am not *asserting any facts*, as distinguished by the qualifiers I have used, purposely: I think; it seems; it appears; it may be; I hope; etc.

As always & ever: JMO / MOO

Last edited:
its in this video, I'm searching for the time they mentioned this

Starts 14:03 part of the mandible

4:40?
Also, not directed at you, but same topic. I believe the Joseph Scott Morgan comments from mahsa’s interview and others are his speculations. Well respected and well educated speculations, but speculations none the less.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members