Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest case in the state and LE takes 6 months to release a sketch. Why? Because "witnesses" couldn't agree? And why couldn't they agree? Of course someone lied regarding the first released sketch or they wouldn't have released the second one.
JMO IMO MOO et al
Not necessarily. First of all, you could have someone with a bad memory and a strong personality who pushed the sketch in the wrong direction without malice.
However, it sounds like the first sketch could be an accurate depiction of someone who was seen by witnesses, possibly on a different day—someone not BG. It might have been the guy who was arguing with other hikers on the day before the murders.
It is possible BG has been identified by his voice and picture IMO. In fact LE says someone has named the right person.
If someone is providing a false alibi that LE can't crack how much does it matter?
A false alibi would not stop LE if LE knew who the right person was. What LE undoubtedly meant was that in the mountain of tips that they have, BG's name is likely mentioned in at least one of the tips but may not stand out. Getting to BG's name will require a long process of elimination. LE probably has dozens if not hundreds of names belonging to people that they haven't been able to eliminate or haven't gotten around to because they weren't prioritized.
The worst-case scenario would be if BG was eliminated by mistake.

Last edited:
Boy is this a great summary. I’ve lurked here on this particular case- no time for 138 threads & still going. But I’ve watched every show, read a zillion articles, studied the sketches & the vid. And ita, LE has been mysterious, then bold, then backpeddling, then repeat. I hope one day this cycle makes sense. But for now frustrating for sure.

I raise my eyebrows at the claim he has local ties. Even if he never before & never again wore that “look” or walked that way, the voice is so distinct. If he had spent time there locally, someone- and I would think more than one person- would connect that voice. Bar, grocery, gas station, diner… Someone would have heard it. Also wish they’d run forensic genealogy on this one. They must have dna to work with. Imo
If it was my child that was murdered and LE still hadn’t arrested the person after five years, I think I’d demand that they release more information to the public with the hope it may help in finding the murderer. Ugh, I don’t if a parent can do that or not but I just think about Abbie and Libby’s family members and I cannot imagine what this Hell has been like for them. IMO
The families clearly know more than we do. Publicly saying they absolutely stand behind and trust LE working on the case.
Hmmm, that’s odd. IMO

If it was my child that was murdered and LE still hadn’t arrested the person after five years, I think I’d demand that they release more information to the public with the hope it may help in finding the murderer. Ugh, I don’t if a parent can do that or not but I just think about Abbie and Libby’s family members and I cannot imagine what this Hell has been like for them. IMO
Ita. Maybe like Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri style. To heck with who you might piss off at this point. Moo

Boy is this a great summary. I’ve lurked here on this particular case- no time for 138 threads & still going. But I’ve watched every show, read a zillion articles, studied the sketches & the vid. And ita, LE has been mysterious, then bold, then backpeddling, then repeat. I hope one day this cycle makes sense. But for now frustrating for sure.

I raise my eyebrows at the claim he has local ties. Even if he never before & never again wore that “look” or walked that way, the voice is so distinct. If he had spent time there locally, someone- and I would think more than one person- would connect that voice. Bar, grocery, gas station, diner… Someone would have heard it. Also wish they’d run forensic genealogy on this one. They must have dna to work with. Imo
I remember Sheriff Leazenby saying he knows he's heard that voice before. At the time I read that I wasn't sure if he was just saying that to rattle any local it could possibly be or he really was trying to place a voice he was sure he knew. I now think it's the latter. AJMO

MOD NOTE

Numerous posts have been removed this evening starting with the original post that stated OPINION as facts. That resulted in a clean up of subsequent posts that also had to be removed because they all tied to the original post that was in violation. It is unfortunate because later in the thread the original poster clarified that it was a THEORY, but by that time many posts had already been removed and it would be even more time consuming to untangle the mess that resulted in so many deleted posts.

PLEASE make it crystal clear when you are posting a theory or speculation by ALWAYS INCLUDING A DISCLAIMER like “IMHO” or the like. That is a part of the TOS, and smooth thread discussion depends on it. My suggestion is that the original poster re-post the theory with the clear disclaimer because a very interesting and worthwhile discussion can develop based on it. It was with great regret that it all had to be removed the first time.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

I'm really late to this case, and I could catch up only if I didn't have to work.

So who is FSG, please and thank you?

Millions of words have been written on this case and I’ve written hundreds, but I have come to the conclusion that BG may (mad as this sounds), be a one crime individual.

I think he’d fantasised about killing, possibly for a long time and something happened in his private life that led to him deciding to carry out a murder.

It could have been the end of a relationship, it may have been a significant death that perhaps meant he received a legacy, maybe even a house (if a parent died), that meant he had increased power (financial or otherwise), increased freedom (no-one would know if he changed in personality, no-one asking why he came home early or late) and the opportunity to almost start again, possibly in another location.

If he did decide to change his home location, this could have been the final part of leaving behind his old identity and reinventing himself in a new area. He doesn’t have to have lived in Delphi before and I personally think he’s living the other side of the country now.

It was said that BG knew the area of the murder well, I have always interpreted this as being of direct relevance to the scene which has been described as staged, with 3 signatures and very unpleasant and a lot of unusual physical evidence.

Killer in Delphi Murders 'Knew Area Well' Ahead of Abductions, Callahan Walsh Says After Examining Case

Former prosecutor in unsolved Delphi murders of two teens says they had signature elements | Daily Mail Online

If this was BG’s intended to be single crime, a lot of thought went into it. Because the location of the scene was in a wooded area on private land, not frequently visited, the scene could have been staged days before, or possibly even longer.

The ‘unusual physical evidence’ could have included things BG felt were extremely significant to the life he was leaving behind. It sounds a bit odd, but I wonder if it could have almost been like the contents of a memory box. This could explain why it was stated that it wasn’t like the usual crime scene evidence. It makes no sense to anyone else, even appearing completely random, but it meant everything to BG.

This stuff could potentially explain why he killed Libby and Abbey too. Why choose them? Why choose 2 people? Was their age significant? Was in killing them, he punishing someone who hurt him when they were around that age? Could it be the opposite? Could he have lost someone, a sister maybe, at that age and been blamed for her death, probably wrongly. By killing Libby and Abbey, he could psychologically be proving to himself that he wasn’t responsible for the previous death, because now he knows what responsibility for the death of a person is. Twisted? Yes. But he’s a double child murderer. His head is not a rational place.

I have criticised LE for releasing very little info, that could be helpful to the public. Some people say it’s a way of ensuring relevant facts about the case could trap the killer. But, could it be that essentially a news black out could be being used to lull BG into a false sense of security? If he thinks the police have nothing and the public are unhappy/angry at the apparent lack of progress made, he could get clumsy, even indiscreet.

The problem with this is that if he does indeed live hundreds of miles away, it’s quite possible that that area has in essence almost forgotten about this crime. It occurred the other side of the country and LE say it was a local or someone with local knowledge, so what has that to do with people in Alaska, Arizona, etc?

In this sense, he is living in plain sight. Given there have been 2 descriptions of him, each very different, if he moved next door to you, you may very likely not link him to the descriptions. Is he old, young, fat, thin? Does he have a limp? Who knows?

If he is a one crime killer and has ‘got it out of his system’, so to speak, then unless he tells someone else what he has done, he could get away with this. I think he will be caught, but a lot is riding on whether he can control himself and not carry out any more crimes. But also because secrets have a strange capability of wriggling free.

This is a massive burden he’s carrying around. He needs to keep his words and behaviour in check, hope he never sleep talks and keep himself well away from any police action. And he’d better hope anyone who knows him, in the past, present or future, doesn’t become a genealogy fan and if he has kids, he needs them to never be required to give DNA to the police.

One night he’ll go to bed and it will be the last time he ever sleeps in a house. So enjoy your freedom BG, because they’re coming.
The way certain LE have talked about the scene, I think it was more than just killing the girls by say strangulation, gunshot or bludgeoning. They were very traumatized by what was there. If such a thing even exists for child victims, these were not ordinary murders done quickly in broad daylight with many people about. ISP Carter even making sure the killer knew those sweet girls were not in that bad place or way in which he left them.

That doesn't sound like a one time killer kind of scene. Hopefully, if LE in fact does know who committed these horrible crimes, LE has eyes on this person and is watching them so he doesn't fell safe trying to ever kill again.

God Bless Libby and Abby <3

I'm really late to this case, and I could catch up only if I didn't have to work.

So who is FSG, please and thank you?
Flannel Shirt Guy...he was crossing over bridge and then saw Libby's Dad DG looking for the kids, hs asked him if he'd seen two girls anywhere. FSG told DG he'd heard "a couple" under the bridge

Flannel Shirt Guy...he was crossing over bridge and then saw Libby's Dad DG looking for the kids, hs asked him if he'd seen two girls anywhere. FSG told DG he'd heard "a couple" under the bridge

Thank you but I'm so far behind on this case that I'm not even familiar with this incident.

I don't expect all y'all to educate me. Sigh. I'm just so far behind.

I hope there will eventually be justice for these precious girls.

Last edited:
Thank you but I'm so far behind on this case that I'm not even familiar with this incident.

I don't expect all y'all to educate me. Sigh. I'm just so far behind.

I hope there will eventually be justice for these precious girls.
Libby's Dad was picking up the girls where Libby's sister Kelsei had dropped them off. When they didn't show and he was unable to contact Libby on her phone, DG (Libby's Dad) started down the trail encountering FSG who'd just come from the bridge area. DG asked him if he'd seen two girls to which FSG replied no but he'd heard someone (a couple). DG continued to look for awhile longer then called his Mom and thus started the family search until dark was approaching, then LE was called

Last edited:
Not necessarily. First of all, you could have someone with a bad memory and a strong personality who pushed the sketch in the wrong direction without malice.
However, it sounds like the first sketch could be an accurate depiction of someone who was seen by witnesses, possibly on a different day—someone not BG. It might have been the guy who was arguing with other hikers on the day before the murders.

A false alibi would not stop LE if LE knew who the right person was. What LE undoubtedly meant was that in the mountain of tips that they have, BG's name is likely mentioned in at least one of the tips but may not stand out. Getting to BG's name will require a long process of elimination. LE probably has dozens if not hundreds of names belonging to people that they haven't been able to eliminate or haven't gotten around to because they weren't prioritized.
The worst-case scenario would be if BG was eliminated by mistake.

@Ozoner, and supposedly, he was eliminated by mistake, and then, later, someone calls again. Would the response be, “oh, he has an alibi”, or would they look again?

Millions of words have been written on this case and I’ve written hundreds, but I have come to the conclusion that BG may (mad as this sounds), be a one crime individual.

I think he’d fantasised about killing, possibly for a long time and something happened in his private life that led to him deciding to carry out a murder.

It could have been the end of a relationship, it may have been a significant death that perhaps meant he received a legacy, maybe even a house (if a parent died), that meant he had increased power (financial or otherwise), increased freedom (no-one would know if he changed in personality, no-one asking why he came home early or late) and the opportunity to almost start again, possibly in another location.

If he did decide to change his home location, this could have been the final part of leaving behind his old identity and reinventing himself in a new area. He doesn’t have to have lived in Delphi before and I personally think he’s living the other side of the country now.

It was said that BG knew the area of the murder well, I have always interpreted this as being of direct relevance to the scene which has been described as staged, with 3 signatures and very unpleasant and a lot of unusual physical evidence.

Killer in Delphi Murders 'Knew Area Well' Ahead of Abductions, Callahan Walsh Says After Examining Case

Former prosecutor in unsolved Delphi murders of two teens says they had signature elements | Daily Mail Online

If this was BG’s intended to be single crime, a lot of thought went into it. Because the location of the scene was in a wooded area on private land, not frequently visited, the scene could have been staged days before, or possibly even longer.

The ‘unusual physical evidence’ could have included things BG felt were extremely significant to the life he was leaving behind. It sounds a bit odd, but I wonder if it could have almost been like the contents of a memory box. This could explain why it was stated that it wasn’t like the usual crime scene evidence. It makes no sense to anyone else, even appearing completely random, but it meant everything to BG.

This stuff could potentially explain why he killed Libby and Abbey too. Why choose them? Why choose 2 people? Was their age significant? Was in killing them, he punishing someone who hurt him when they were around that age? Could it be the opposite? Could he have lost someone, a sister maybe, at that age and been blamed for her death, probably wrongly. By killing Libby and Abbey, he could psychologically be proving to himself that he wasn’t responsible for the previous death, because now he knows what responsibility for the death of a person is. Twisted? Yes. But he’s a double child murderer. His head is not a rational place.

I have criticised LE for releasing very little info, that could be helpful to the public. Some people say it’s a way of ensuring relevant facts about the case could trap the killer. But, could it be that essentially a news black out could be being used to lull BG into a false sense of security? If he thinks the police have nothing and the public are unhappy/angry at the apparent lack of progress made, he could get clumsy, even indiscreet.

The problem with this is that if he does indeed live hundreds of miles away, it’s quite possible that that area has in essence almost forgotten about this crime. It occurred the other side of the country and LE say it was a local or someone with local knowledge, so what has that to do with people in Alaska, Arizona, etc?

In this sense, he is living in plain sight. Given there have been 2 descriptions of him, each very different, if he moved next door to you, you may very likely not link him to the descriptions. Is he old, young, fat, thin? Does he have a limp? Who knows?

If he is a one crime killer and has ‘got it out of his system’, so to speak, then unless he tells someone else what he has done, he could get away with this. I think he will be caught, but a lot is riding on whether he can control himself and not carry out any more crimes. But also because secrets have a strange capability of wriggling free.

This is a massive burden he’s carrying around. He needs to keep his words and behaviour in check, hope he never sleep talks and keep himself well away from any police action. And he’d better hope anyone who knows him, in the past, present or future, doesn’t become a genealogy fan and if he has kids, he needs them to never be required to give DNA to the police.

One night he’ll go to bed and it will be the last time he ever sleeps in a house. So enjoy your freedom BG, because they’re coming.

Very interesting. But if he was a “one time killer”, then he must have filmed/photographed the scene. It exists somewhere… JMO

@Ozoner, and supposedly, he was eliminated by mistake, and then, later, someone calls again. Would the response be, “oh, he has an alibi”, or would they look again?
They wouldn't look again unless the new tip included new evidence that was compelling in nature.

If the same person called in the same tip more than once, that person would be labeled a nuisance. That would almost guarantee that LE wouldn't look at the suspect named in the tip.

Maybe, the first 2 years they didn't follow the tip, but in 2019 they gradually woke up and proofed this alibi/the alibis again.

The families clearly know more than we do. Publicly saying they absolutely stand behind and trust LE working on the case.
And there is a reason for it, and the families will know, why they are saying it and why they are keeping their calm. If they are leaking one tiny detail, LE/FBI will have no success in arresting the real killer. IMO MOO

In February 2017 the Delphians were invited into the town hall (?), I remember, without press presence, and were informed by police about something, we don't know and we shouldn't ever know. Can't find a link .... Keywords aren't successful.
Idk, if this is usually done, when a double murder occurs?

Last edited:
The Delphians were invited into the town hall (?), I remember, without press presence, and were informed by police about something, we don't know and we shouldn't ever know. Can't find a link ....
Idk, if this is usually done, when a double murder occurs?

Yes. I remember that, and I thought it was very unusual.
The assumption about the meeting I think was that LE had acknowledged that in that small town everybody had heard things, right and wrong, about the crime scene and pleaded with them to say nothing or it would jeopardize the investigation.
What else might have been said is anybody’s guess, because nobody in that town has really said anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie