Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd think that the attorney would have a duty to inform him of his options. jmo
He didn't know where he was after the 13th so the subject probably never came up.

Interesting. What are your thoughts? And How would Mahsa know that privilege wasn't waived? jmo ETA Could she have seen a document with signatures?

An attorney/client agreement is not required for an attorney to represent someone. Its just recommended for the protection of both parties. I'd provide a link, but I can't find any that state one is required or that it isn't required. But every link I found is based around why you should have an agreement and none i have read states it is required.

He didn't know where he was after the 13th so the subject probably never came up.
Should have had a long talk with BL when BL became his client jointly with the parents, on the 11th. But SB says he spoke with BL on the 12th and 13th. ????

Good

There was an extensive discussion here yesterday as to privilege and whether or not privilege was waived when all three of the Laudries spoke with SB. Ashleigh Banfield and Mark O'Mara feel that it was. Last night on WFLA Now, Mahsa said that privilege wasn't waived. She also made a comment asking who it was that was saying it was waived. I took it upon myself to message Mahsa on Twitter last night.

This was the message I sent her:

"Mahsa, I know you touched base on the issue of privilege tonight when representing multiple people. I was wondering if you watched the interview between Ashleigh Banfield and Mark O'Mara who disagree with you. I'd love to hear you weigh in on that in the next WFLA Now Live with JB!"

After a little back and forth with me sending her the link of the interview, she sent me this about joint representation: How to Avoid Attorney-Client Privilege Problems in Joint Representations

I'm hoping she does address it on WFLA Now, but we shall see!

@Kristin Esq. thank you for your work on this topic.

Based on this link, is it correct
If BL,CL and RL were jointly represented by SB,
And BL was honest and forthcoming with SB,
Then CL and RL know everything?
If this is the case, when would CL And RL have learned everything?
All Speculation. Moo

Should have had a long talk with BL when BL became his client jointly with the parents, on the 11th. But SB says he spoke with BL on the 12th and 13th. ????

SB stated on the Banfield show that he got his first phone call in regard to this matter on 9/11 Sat at 11:30pm but did not say who the phone call was from. Also stated this is when he officially became involved.

I have often stated that its highly probable that the laundries gave his card to the police and then called him to let him know he did that. Nice to know I was on point with that.

NPPD said that investigators made mistakes. They’re not wrong there.

NPPD believed BL looks very much like his mother. JT said that the department said the two are “kind of built similarly.” Um, how do you even reply to that. RT has a full head of hair and BL does not. BL has facial hair and RT does not. RT’s body shape is totally different, and then there’s the issue of height.
ChL&RL.JPG BL&ChL.jpg
Link Link

The only explanation is they were either asleep on the job or they need to make an appointment with the optometrist.

I’ve reached the point where virtually the only people I’ll believe are those conducting investigations into the cause of death.

NPPD said that investigators made mistakes. They’re not wrong there.

NPPD believed BL looks very much like his mother. JT said that the department said the two are “kind of built similarly.” Um, how do you even reply to that. RT has a full head of hair and BL does not. BL has facial hair and RT does not. RT’s body shape is totally different, and then there’s the issue of height.
View attachment 319119 View attachment 319120
Link Link

The only explanation is they were either asleep on the job or they need to make an appointment with the optometrist.

I’ve reached the point where virtually the only people I’ll believe are those conducting investigations into the cause of death.

In the immortal mash-up of words by NPPD, "In what world would they have known that RL didn't look like BL"

Obviously they did not have the same van trip goals.....seems like they enjoyed fixing up the van, and planning to visit lots of cool places, but not exactly HOW that was supposed to work out.....that it would be a public commodity, and not a trip for their private mutual enjoyment (whatever that was). jmo
Possibly Brian didn't take Gabby's goal of a vanlife blog seriously, and thought he could put the kibosh to it by diminishing her efforts as much as he could, once they got started.

I got the impression that they both started out sharing the vanlife vision (at least in substance). It has occurred to me, though, that there may have been a source of strife/tension that developed as GP gained her footing in the influencer world — a factor that could potentially explain some of BL’s lack of support and even possible resentment, hostility. (IMO, this would be on top of the main factors: behavioral and psychological concerns, likely exacerbated by being indefinitely “trapped in close quarters” with one another and being somewhat cut off from their usual support networks.)

I scrolled through GP’s Insta again last night. Comments were “limited”, which is not uncommon… But what I did find uncommon is that I noticed no males gushing about GP’s looks or hitting on her. A handful of females called her “beautiful”, etc., and two or more other accounts asked her to DM them to discuss collaboration opportunities—but that was it. Seeing how many people jumped into her comments after her disappearance hit the news, it’s clear one only has to follow to be allowed to post. So any garden variety SM wannabe Cassanova (I’m being polite here) could have followed her to share their range of “flattering” to disgusting opinions (as they do, especially when there’s some skin exposed, like in the beach pics, etc.). I didn’t see ONE. Might any “male gaze” comments have been removed—even the inoffensive ones? I also noticed—and this could be nothing more than an influencer’s stab at a new approach to crafting content—but many of the most recent posts (starting in July or August?) start mentioning (more than mentioning—almost lauding, venerating?) BL. Gushing about his bare feet, etc… Of course, it’s his account name that is used, not his given name, which makes perfect sense if she’s just trying to boost his exposure (and he had been tagging her a lot in his own posts—or, rather, at the ends of his posts, which is also common).

I’m probably guilty of reading into things because of what is known and suspected now. But whether or not comments were policed or content explicitly crafted to include BL, I do believe online fans, specifically online dudes, could have been stoking BL’s jealousy and triggering increased possessiveness. After all, it’s the kind of thing that can cause jealous feelings and arguments in healthier relationships than theirs…

MOO

@Kristin Esq. thank you for your work on this topic.

Based on this link, is it correct
If BL,CL and RL were jointly represented by SB,
And BL was honest and forthcoming with SB,
Then CL and RL know everything?
If this is the case, when would CL And RL have learned everything?
All Speculation. Moo

This is very possible. According to SB, he was retained on this matter on 9/11. He said that he spoke with BL on either 9/11 and 9/12 or 9/12 and 9/13 (sorry, I cannot remember what he said in the Ashleigh Banfield interview). So my assumption is that it would be in that timeframe. But he could have told his parents earlier than that for sure, and we just may never know. moo

IF the feds / LE had proof that BL killed Gabby and now know he's dead; would they close the case or is there other stuff I'm not thinking about that keeps them investigating?

Just curious to know if they think it's possible BL didn't kill Gabby
I'm also curious about this. Has there ever been an official alternate theory of her death? Did they think Brian knew something but wasn't the killer? Why not charge him or at least say he is a suspect? They never even cautioned people that he may be dangerous after he went missing.

SB stated on the Banfield show that he got his first phone call in regard to this matter on 9/11 Sat at 11:30pm but did not say who the phone call was from. Also stated this is when he officially became involved.

I have often stated that its highly probable that the laundries gave his card to the police and then called him to let him know he did that. Nice to know I was on point with that.

Thank you for clarifying when the first called occurred. I couldn't remember!

He knew he was not home. Brian E had a great question of why SB did not contact LE when they made the statement on Thursday they knew where BL was? SB never contacted them to correct the misunderstanding or to find out where his client was. I think SB was playing games with LE. MOO

This is very possible. According to SB, he was retained on this matter on 9/11. He said that he spoke with BL on either 9/11 and 9/12 or 9/12 and 9/13 (sorry, I cannot remember what he said in the Ashleigh Banfield interview). So my assumption is that it would be in that timeframe. But he could have told his parents earlier than that for sure, and we just may never know. moo
SB said he spoke to BL 12th and 13th. I'm pretty sure that since SB was retained for this case on 11th at 11:30 ish pm, his talk with BL was after midnight, which was the 12th. I suspect that a lot of s..t hit the fan on the 12th..from 12:01am through the early morning, all day and into the night and the morning of the 13th, when, against his parents pleas, BL left for his "hike" in the Mustang, distraught. jmo

I'm also curious about this. Has there ever been an official alternate theory of her death? Did they think Brian knew something but wasn't the killer? Why not charge him or at least say he is a suspect? They never even cautioned people that he may be dangerous after he went missing.
It has been explained many times but verified attys that there was no benefit of charging him til he was found. They had the fraud charges to hold him, once the murder charges are levied the clock starts ticking in regards to legal processes that have time limits, time was on LE’s side. There are plenty of cases where a POI is never called a suspect right up until charges are levied. The lack of charges and being called a POI does not mean he was not considered a suspect and would not have faced charges.

Essentially, the term "person of interest" emerged as the ultimate cover for police and news organizations. "I think that there were lots of complaints and lawsuits about people being called suspects and then being proven to be innocent, and a lot of criticism of the police," said Rothstein, the Georgetown professor. "And I think that gave rise to this notion that it should be called 'person of interest' and not 'suspect.' 'Person of interest' has a less negative connotation .... Thinking back, I saw that phrase 'person of interest' very rarely beyond 20 years ago."

In a trap: What it means to be a 'person of interest' | In the Dark | APM Reports

MOO

Last edited:
I got the impression that they both started out sharing the vanlife vision (at least in substance). It has occurred to me, though, that there may have been a source of strife/tension that developed as GP gained her footing in the influencer world — a factor that could potentially explain some of BL’s lack of support and even possible resentment, hostility. (IMO, this would be on top of the main factors: behavioral and psychological concerns, likely exacerbated by being indefinitely “trapped in close quarters” with one another and being somewhat cut off from their usual support networks.)

I scrolled through GP’s Insta again last night. Comments were “limited”, which is not uncommon… But what I did find uncommon is that I noticed no males gushing about GP’s looks or hitting on her. A handful of females called her “beautiful”, etc., and two or more other accounts asked her to DM them to discuss collaboration opportunities—but that was it. Seeing how many people jumped into her comments after her disappearance hit the news, it’s clear one only has to follow to be allowed to post. So any garden variety SM wannabe Cassanova (I’m being polite here) could have followed her to share their range of “flattering” to disgusting opinions (as they do, especially when there’s some skin exposed, like in the beach pics, etc.). I didn’t see ONE. Might any “male gaze” comments have been removed—even the inoffensive ones? I also noticed—and this could be nothing more than an influencer’s stab at a new approach to crafting content—but many of the most recent posts (starting in July or August?) start mentioning (more than mentioning—almost lauding, venerating?) BL. Gushing about his bare feet, etc… Of course, it’s his account name that is used, not his given name, which makes perfect sense if she’s just trying to boost his exposure (and he had been tagging her a lot in his own posts—or, rather, at the ends of his posts, which is also common).

I’m probably guilty of reading into things because of what is known and suspected now. But whether or not comments were policed or content explicitly crafted to include BL, I do believe online fans, specifically online dudes, could have been stoking BL’s jealousy and triggering increased possessiveness. After all, it’s the kind of thing that can cause jealous feelings and arguments in healthier relationships than theirs…

MOO
I agree!
Brian was.very Insecure in the relationship! He made.it known to the male.Moab police she was his Fiance!! Im.wondering if someone flirted.with her in the MP restaurant causing a rift!
She was a beautiful.girl!
Imo she told.him she had enough he couldnt handle it!
If.I can't behave her no one can!

Just.my 2 cents!

Can the L’s file a lawsuit against LE or FBI? I realize anyone can file a lawsuit for any reason but specifically in this case? What could they argue? If more is revealed from LE/FBI and the L’s believe they LE/FBI are wrong and want to clear their son’s name? Just wondering if there are already areas that could be argued?

Sheriff Judd says a lot of things that are controversial.
Regarding the capture of a mass murderer last month:
“It would’ve been nice if he’d have come out with a gun and then we’d have been able to read a newspaper through him,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said on Sunday. He added, “If he’d have given us the opportunity, we’d have shot him up a lot.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/08/florida-sheriff-murder-suspect/
AFAIK Polk County was not one of the counties that sent resources to help in the search for BL.
I suspect there is a reason for that.
jmho

Sheriff Judd is a good Sheriff. He is by the book no nonsense and does not put up with any BS.

I had thought it was established it was about 1/3rd of the lower left jaw.... pretty sure they discuss it extensively here, I watched it live this afternoon

Ooooh! TY TY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member