Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, there is also the possibility that Brian was upset when he left because maybe he actually wanted to talk with LE, but SB said don't do it. It just sounds like Brian may have had something (more than the obvious) upsetting him when he left that day.
Quite possible!
Why drive the van HOME <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>
Maybe he was.going to.turn himself.in!

Last edited by a moderator:
They could potentially have been parked close enough to use the wifi if they were not sitting in the cafe all that time. Or, GP could have been working on non-wifi tasks in the van for a lot of that time. The story doesn't say.
An earlier poster said that Merry Piglets does indeed have wi fi. Their info is recent. That poster corrected a post before that one which said no, and that their info was out of date. Someone could just call MP and ask.

1. Banfield & whoever are being very irresponsible about this privilege business. I don't know what they actually said, but "people" (as in commenters on the internet) seem to be assuming or reading their words to mean that there is essentially no privilege in joint representation if all clients are present during conversations with the attorney. This is simply not correct. Full stop.

Joint representation of clients whose interests may come to diverge is tricky. I've been making this point since we first heard SB's name, considering the issues, stakes, and potential interests at play here.

However, where joint representation is otherwise appropriate and executed properly, privilege is not inherently lost due to group discussions. That would make it nigh impossible to do, and it would also result in potential variances in key information (particularly where the conveyer of information may struggle to provide precisely the same information in multiple conveyances).

2. I think we need to stop talking about SB being "formally" or "officially" "retained." He has never used that phrasing. What he said was that he was first involved in this matter on 9/11. The Laundries are his long-time clients for a variety of matters. Their conversations about legal matters are going to be considered privileged. Attorneys have ethical requirements (around, for example, conflicts of interest, privilege, zealous representation, joint representation, etc.), but we are not required to fill out specific forms or document administrative matters in any particular way. Typical ways of handling things have grown up over time because they help ensure ethical matters are considered and handled properly, and because in the event of a question or concern, it's always good to be able to show your work (so to speak). It's good practice. But if SB didn't formally open a new matter or fill out certain forms each time the Ls had a legal question or even a new transaction/legal matter, that doesn't mean he was not still their attorney/acting as their attorney in between discrete matters. (This is all assuming that he was otherwise behaving appropriately, not involved in any crime with the client/s in question, etc.; imo, it's not usually useful to focus on wild, imagined, fantastic Hollywood-ized scenarios.)

I agree! Everything is speculative when we don't have enough information to see the entire picture. I am interested in the possibilities but will not loose sleep over any of them :). In the end I think everyone just wants justice for GP and we are concerned she won't ever get it. IMO.

EXACTLY!
Thank you! Here's hoping Gabby's family & loved ones find the info they need.

Oh, yes. I do see your point now. SB had several opportunities to correct the record put forth by NPPD, but chose not to. Perhaps he saw the interagency confusion as an advantage of some sort? jmo

Quite possibly and fair game, not his responsibility MOO
I think SB further muddies the waters by using the word 'reported' when, in my opinion, his letting FBI know Brian hadn't returned home was actually more of an off-hand mention that he hadn't come back yet. Especially in conjunction with his next comment about all of the reporters, etc outside of his house. I believe SB informed them in the most casual way he could to cover himself ~ but purposefully far from being an official report. I think the only reason the FBI ever realized that Brian still hadn't returned was because of the reported sighting in Tampa and they wanted to lay eyes on him in his house. As I recall, that's why they contacted SB to tell him they were going to the Laundries' home.
SB took every advantage of his comment about Brian's whereabouts sliding under the wire that he possibly could. Which is legal, I imagine, but not necessarily moral. It fits my impression of him and the group he represents. :(:(:(

I think SB further muddies the waters by using the word 'reported' when, in my opinion, his letting FBI know Brian hadn't returned home was actually more of an off-hand mention that he hadn't come back yet. Especially in conjunction with his next comment about all of the reporters, etc outside of his house. I believe SB informed them in the most casual way he could to cover himself ~ but purposefully far from being an official report. I think the only reason the FBI ever realized that Brian still hadn't returned was because of the reported sighting in Tampa and they wanted to lay eyes on him in his house. As I recall, that's why they contacted SB to tell him they were going to the Laundries' home.
SB took every advantage of his comment about Brian's whereabouts sliding under the wire that he possibly could. Which is legal, I imagine, but not necessarily moral. It fits my impression of him and the group he represents. :(:(:(

100%. Not wanting to report him missing, not wanting to correct the record that he was not at home does not Reconcile with the current statements that CL was distraught when he left the house and wished he could’ve stopped him MOO

Yes, but he did not respond to the statement made on Thursday and every day prior in the many interviews given by NP LE that they knew where BL was.

33 min mark

Why would he respond? This just further and further exonerates the Laundries. If LE kept saying they knew where Brian was then why would the Laundries or their lawyer doubt that and report him missing? As of the 16th LE allegedly knew *exactly* where Brian Laundrie was.

I agree!
BBM
"First phone call in regard to this matter on Sept. 11, Sat at 11:30 PM"

9/11 - 7:00 pm Gabby reported missing by her family
9/11 - 11:00 pm LE tows Gabby's van. (According to neighbor Keith Graves.)
Van linked to missing YouTuber removed from fiancé’s North Port home, neighbor says | WFLA

*AFTER VAN WAS TOWED: Neighbors across Street from Laundrie house see BL, CL pack Camper & Family goes away for weekend camping trip: Brian Laundrie's neighbors speak out amid investigation

Imo, This reported camping trip wasn't covered, imo, as much as it could/should have been.

Do we have a confirmed date & time that the Laundrie family left for / returned from this trip?

Note*
Gabby's remains had not been discovered yet.
There were no indictments at this point in time.

In hindsight & based upon Ashley Banfield's interview... SB says he had conversations with BL, CL & RL on the 12th & 13th... and that everything on the 11th & before is off limits....

Imo, it's not unreasonable to think that, at least, CL & BL spoke to SB between Sept 1st and Sept 11th and revealed a LOT about what happened with Gabby & as a result, imho, "everything before the 11th is off limits", is, in part, SB covering his own *advertiser censored**

In fact, I would not be surprised if SB made a calculated decision to act in the "friend" capacity on the 11th & suggested in a round about way that BL somehow pack up & get lost... before agreeing to be retained. JMO

Imo, an attorney would not suggest this... but a friend would.

I listened to the linked fox video & the neighbors do not say a camping trip happened after the van was taken away as the above timeline suggests. Only the man saw the L's loading the camper and he said he couldn't remember exactly when that was. When prompted by Martha he said it was maybe a week or maybe week and a half after Brian got home. He also said the L's were going away for a long weekend when they packed up. But the van was hauled off on a Saturday night close to midnight. He doesn't seem to be saying they were packing up the camper in the dead of night. But even if they did, how could they "go away for the weekend" and leave after midnight on a Saturday?

I think this camping trip hasn't been covered because it may not have happened. I think there's a good chance he saw packing prep for the known Ft. DeSoto trip.
JMO

Possibly. Personally, I would have been very stressed out in BL's position, having the other party on my vacation spending [probably] the majority of the time working on the sm projects (i.e., setting up photo & video shots, retakes, video editing, sifting through pics to upload to IG, etc.). BL mentioned that they were at Moonflower Cafe from 9 to 3 while GP worked on the project. I would have been complaining the entire time to leave and go do something.

Stressed? Complaining? Why? This wasn't a vacation. In this case, they weren't on vacation. This was supposed to be, on the one hand, van-"life," and, on the other hand, their effort to build and grow an income. Spending 6 hours in a row working your job shouldn't really be considered a burden on the other person.

That does not make sense and I don’t buy that neither SB nor the parents wanted to know where BL was. At the 33 minute mark BE points out that on every day leading up to the Thursday press conference NP was saying they knew where he was. His attorney does not want to know where hus client is? Does not make sense MOO

Bolding by me. You don't have to buy it. What is your alternative? Of course they wanted to know where Brian was. But wanting to know and reaching out to LE to find out are two different things. They decided not to. He's a 23 year old young man and just spent 10 days with them. They apparently decided to just leave it for now. There's no alternative theory here. They don't know where Brian is but LE does. End of story.

edit: Actually, now that I think about it, LE would not even tell them. That's private info.

Possibly. Personally, I would have been very stressed out in BL's position, having the other party on my vacation spending [probably] the majority of the time working on the sm projects (i.e., setting up photo & video shots, retakes, video editing, sifting through pics to upload to IG, etc.). BL mentioned that they were at Moonflower Cafe from 9 to 3 while GP worked on the project. I would have been complaining the entire time to leave and go do something.

If Brian Entin can speak to witnesses at the Moonflower & the coffee shop nearby, to see if 6 hrs is correct, that would be great.

I have wondered whether BL was exaggerating with the 6 hrs, although I don't doubt they spent too long in Moab ( while she was using wifi) but I can't see any seating inside the store.
Would be interested to know whether Gabby was actually using coffee shop's wifi but from the van parked in the lot, after finishing their coffees?

There's an outdoor bench in one photo here & a couple in photos at a different time

I haven't checked other links for Moonflower, just this one:
moonflower organic store moab - Google Search

Last edited:
Bolding by me. You don't have to buy it. What is your alternative? Of course they wanted to know where Brian was. But wanting to know and reaching out to LE to find out are two different things. They decided not to. He's a 23 year old young man and just spent 10 days with them. They apparently decided to just leave it for now. There's no alternative theory here. They don't know where Brian is but LE does. End of story.

edit: Actually, now that I think about it, LE would not even tell them. That's private info.
LE is required by law to tell an attorney where his client is , no way they would be allowed to withhold that information

"We notified the FBI that night or the next morning that Brian didn't come home from his hike. So, the FBI was aware that Brian didn't come home from day one," Bertolino explained, emphasizing there are no discrepancies from that communication with the FBI.

Confusion grew further when, on Sept. 17, authorities told Bertolino and the Laundries that they received a tip that Brian was in Tampa.

"They wanted to meet with us on Friday. I was shocked and said, 'That's good. You found him in Tampa,' and they said, 'What do you mean? I thought he's at the house,’" Bertolino recalled. "I said, 'No, I told you the other day he never came home.' And that's how it played out."

Brian Laundrie search: No discrepancy between FBI and parents on missing timeline, says family lawyer
“says family lawyer” is enough for me to not bother paying attention :cool:

SB stated on the Banfield show that he got his first phone call in regard to this matter on 9/11 Sat at 11:30pm but did not say who the phone call was from. Also stated this is when he officially became involved.

I have often stated that its highly probable that the laundries gave his card to the police and then called him to let him know he did that. Nice to know I was on point with that.

I also assumed this is what happened. They had SB's business card on hand and gave it to LE that day. The call came later.

I had my former lawyer's biz card on hand (he's retired now). It's what you do when you have a long term relationship with one, especially when you're also really friendly with them.

MOO.

BE live in Moab down there to retrace their last days and mentioned the L’s camper was purchased mid August - 1000 cash and a cheque that bounced but then repaid in 6000 cash. I’m a bit behind in these threads and didn’t remember that https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1MnxnkBlWMVKO
I think I've missed the details of the timeline somehow. I thought they had been on their trip before August. That's a much tighter timeline if they bought the van so recently.

Over here in the UK we currently have 6 inquiries occurring in relation to one high profile crime case which happened here recently, so you're not alone. ( Different constabularies, inspectorates, IOPC reviews)
We have a saying here, most people use it sarcastically 'Lessons will be Learned'

If Brian Entin can speak to witnesses at the Moonflower & the coffee shop nearby, to see if 6 hrs is correct, that would be great. I have often wondered whether BL was exaggerating with the 6 hrs, although I don't doubt they spent too long in Moab ( while she was using wifi) but I can't see any seating at the store. There's a bench in one photo here

I haven't checked other links for Monnflower, just this one:
moonflower organic store moab - Google Search

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-085759.jpg
    Screenshot_20211027-085759.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 47
Why would he respond? This just further and further exonerates the Laundries. If LE kept saying they knew where Brian was then why would the Laundries or their lawyer doubt that and report him missing? As of the 16th LE allegedly knew *exactly* where Brian Laundrie was.
Because SB and the L’s were aware that Brian was not at home did not know where he was. Per SB, the Laundries themselves went out searching for Brian on 2 different days, why not ask LE where he is if they believed they knew? . On Friday when LE visited the house on Friday, per SB , it was not the Laundries who filed the missing person report after their son had been gone for 4 days and knew LE did not know where he was

Last edited:

Except that they apparently thought all along that BL was in the reserve somewhere.....in spite of it being flooded. I think that after a day or so, parents, suspected that he was dead, right where they found his dry bag....and remains found by LE. jmo ETA On Tuesday, they found the car at MYA and by Wednesday, he had not taken it, so they knew he wasn't returning home, and they retrieved the car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member